Fall TV: ABC Picks Up Connie Britton's Nashville, Sarah Chalke's Parents Plus 6 Others
Coming this fall on ABC: Connie Britton!
The Alphabet net has given the green light to eight new shows, including the Britton-fronted musical soap Nashville. Also receiving series orders are dramas Zero Hour and Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue, and comedies The Neighbors, Family Tools and Sarah Chalke-starrer How to Live With Your Parents For the Rest of Your Life.
Here are the show descriptions:
* The Neighbors revolves around a family (which includes Jamie Gertz) who moves to an upscale New Jersey ‘burb and discovers the folks next door are actually extraterrestrials.
* Family Tools (formerly Red Van Man) is a single-camera comedy that follows a blue collar guy (Kyle Bornheimer) who puts his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his dad (J.K. Simmons).
* Nashville is a twang-tinged family soap that revolves around one country music star at her peak (Britton) and another on the rise (Hayden Panettiere).
* Red Widow (formerly Penoza) centers on the widow of an assassinated criminal who is forced to adopt her husband’s role in a crime syndicate in order to protect her family. Lee Tergesen (Oz) is set to co-star.
* Zero Hour is a thriller about a magazine editor (Anthony Edwards) who becomes involved in one the most compelling conspiracies in human history when his wife is kidnapped.
* How to Live With Your Parents For the Rest of Your Life is a multi-cam comedy about Polly (Sarah Chalke), a recently divorced single mom who moves back in with her eccentric parents, Elaine (Elizabeth Perkins) and cancer survivor Max (Brad Garrett), a couple who’s full of life but knows no boundaries.
* 666 Park Avenue — from Fringe co-executive producer David Wilcox — centers on a couple (Dave Annable and Rachael Taylor) who agree to manage an historic (and supernaturally-charged) New York City apartment complex owned by another couple (Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams).
* Last Resort is a thriller set in the near future when the country is very fractured and revolves around the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become hunted fugitives after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. Cast includes Andre Braugher, Autumn Reeser, Scott Speedman, Dichen Lachman and Bruce Davison.Follow @MichaelAusiello