ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. sladewilson says:

OMG…. Pan Am was good but fizzled out near the end. I saw the premiere of The River and passed. Missing you can end with the season ender, sum everything up and be done with it (like a mini-series). GCB was hilarious. I can’t believe they cancelled that. That absolutely sucks big time….

• conservativecafe says:

Pan Am had the ability to be a great show, it just did not have a direction.. too bad.

• Chris says:

Sadly I agree.

• Jess N says:

Such a shame… it started so strong and died so quickly.

• nicky says:

So true. Sad to see PanAm, go, it had so much potential – the whole concept was new and interesting. I also really loved those characters and the acting was great. :(

• David Levesque says:

I have to agree with you about Pan-Am, going to miss the show, I think that if it was run earlier in the evening instead of some stupid reality show it would have been seen up by more viewers the actors did a great job and the characters, were oh so gorgeous… Loved it…
          I guess more viewers are interested in reality shows of being on a desert island all alone with a director and hundreds of technicians in the background, hoe real is that ???

• Olivia says:

I can’t believe it aabout Pan Am not coming back, I wish they consider giving it another chance than those stupid none sense show and give them a good time slot. I really love Pan Am.

• deborah says:

I agree about Pan Am it is a great show. I love it and want it to come back again. There acting is great too.

• Judy says:

I’m going to miss Pan Am also. I think they put it in the wrong time slot. It was so cool. What is wrong about just trying it at a different time? Give it a second chance ABC!

• KPratt says:

I just couldn’t wait for GCB & Pan Am to come back on the air this fall. Now, I find out that those are two ofthe shows due for cancellation this fall. I loved the actors & actresses that were chosen for the roles on those shows. But, I absolutely loved the costumes & jewelry that they wore. I surely wish that the ABC & other executives would reconsider these two television shows as well as Missing. I am so SICK of Teality Shows. I don’t think I can stomach one more season of reality shows!

• tlhailey612@gmail.com says:

Also agree that show had the ability to be a great show it had more than just romance.

• Jan says:

Yes sad to see gone – they had the costumes and era down almost to the T in Pan Am – i grew up in 1950’s and 1960″s!

• frattwins says:

I also loved PanAm and am so sad to see it cancelled. I loved all the characters.

• Carmen says:

Too bad. I really liked Pan Am. I brought memories of good old times.

• Laura says:

I absolutely loved Pan Am!! I’m tired of the same ol’ stuff on tv. So sad that it’s gone, but very glad to see GCB go.

• laney says:

Seriously ABC?!?!?! You are starting a new show called The Neighbors but you cancel GBC and Missing?!?!? How dumb can you people be?!?! Those were the best shows ever! Won’t be watching ABC anymore that’s for sure!

• Anna Fabbricino says:

Yes I agree that is so stupid.I loved both GCB and Missing.I will not be watching ABC.My daughter’s are mad to all summer we could not wait for them to start.What a big let down.The killer is that Two and half men is still on.It just show’s that none of you watch your own shows.Very upset you have just made a lot of people mad.Well you will see when the numbers are not with you.

Anna

• Mellina says:

I especially loved Missing….I was so looking forward to the new season. Ashly Judd was incredible in this series…Bring it back!!!!!!

• Brandi Harris, Kernersville NC says:

I agree!!! Missing was great!!!

• Abigail says:

Couldn’t agree more.

• Debbi says:

I couldn’t agree more. Really sad that “Missing” won’t be back. Why don’t they take off all the reality shows and leave the good dramas on.

• Ferchu says:

Yes!!!! bring the show back NOW!!!! Missing was an awesome show

• Phillip D. says:

Yeah! This show was the bomb! My family was on the edge of their seats every week. We all found the commercials irritatingly long! This was the only show that we all could watch together and everyone liked it!! I agree that it should be picked up by another network–ABC really made a bad choice here. There are so few shows that can hold the attention of both the young and older. PLEASE BRING IT BACK ON!!!

• Missing was a great show! Ashley Judd is amazing. How anyone can say you can sum it up with the season ender I don’t know. It certainly had me waiting for more. It kept me guessing and that isn’t easy. ABC needs to get with it! What a shame. I do hope they change their minds. Perhaps when their other shows don’t take off they will bbring it back.

• Glenda says:

I do hope a new season of Missing will be seen. I had it all planned out that she is now missing and would make such a good show. We have so few good ones to watch.

• Sarah Gritzman says:

The good shows are always taken off of the air and stupid ones are left on. The Missing with Ashley Judd was an excellent show and my husband and I looked forward to seeing it. I wondered why it hadn’t been on yet this year. I think it should be reconsidered and put back on.

• Sonja says:

I agree, I was looking forward to Missing being back on too… very sad.

• Stephanie Bell says:

I thought Missing was the “best” show on TV, Ashley Judd blew me away, she rocked!!! Please bring it back, you guys always take off the best shows??????

• Elaine says:

Really I am bummed….actually, I have twelve year old twin boys…..they are going to be more bummed…..how can we bring this show back? The twins,were completely involved and will truly miss this show. They were completely immersed, and felt as though they were on the journey, through both the son’s eyes, and the mother’s frantic journey to find her son. And now…the father…we are hopeful that we can revive this show…need to know the outcome….arrrggghhh

• Phil says:

The wife and I rarely find a show we both like, but Missing was our find!
            It had a Prison Break feel to it. You know it couldn’t run a 10 yr course, due to its concept but like prison break you could see a start and finish within a 5 yr term.
            We have found 666 park Avenue pretty good, but the neighbour’s?? Really??
            Oh well, bad call there ABC, life goes on.
            The Walking Dead is the best show on tv anyway *thumbs up AMC*!!

• Joyce Handley says:

I agree. What a huge mistake to cancel Missing. Best TV show in decades. It was like being at the movies and watching a great action thriller. ABC – you have made another mistake.

• Colleen says:

I just found out that Missing has been cancelled. I am so tired of getting hooked on these TV shows that end with a cliff hanger and then are cancelled. I am quickly starting to realize that I no longer want to get involved in any serial shows. This was a great show, and I don’t understand why it has not been renewed.

• janel says:

cant believe you cancelled “Missing”. There is so much crap on tv these days that are spoon-fed to our children. All the gory murder type shows last, while something good is taken off the air after 1 season. I loved that show and was waiting for its return. Totally disappointed in ABC. I guess I will watch other stations from now on. And society wonders why there is so much violence now-days. Bring back the shows that are good for the people to watch.

• Alex says:

Someone should start a petition to have Missing back on the air! Or maybe sell the concept to another network.

• Betty says:

Yes, please bring back missing. You just get the show started and now you cancelled. The other shows you have on are stupid. Missing was good and Ashley was great!! Please bring it back.

• Helene Phillips says:

Missing was an incredibly good program. Was really looking forward to the new season. I am amazed at all the garbage that is on tv, and then you remove an actual GOOD program.What is wrong with you people??.

• Pat Truhn says:

I agree. Missing was one of the all time great shows. There is not much on anymore worth watching. I am spending my TV time on other channels now. I would like to see Missing brought back.

• Fran Chadwick says:

I cannot believe that you have decided not to bring back Missing. That is the best show in a very long time. I was hooked on it from the first episode. Television is overrun with stupid reality shows and the list seems to get longer. Shows like Honey Boo Boo, are you kidding me. Give us something ABC and bring back Missing. The way the season ended leaves us with wanting more, like what happened to Becca. You MUST bring this show back. Very disappointed in your network.

• Pam says:

I loved missing! Too much crap on tv and not enough good shows make it. I don’t understand who makes these decisions.

• Olivia says:

I totally agree!!!! It was an exciting show and well-done with lots of mystery and suspense. And Ashley Judd was fantastic! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

• Paula says:

Missing was AWESOME! What an incredible actress! Loved watching that show! So glad there are about 30 reality shows on at any given time to watch… NOT! It is hard to believe that a show with so much going for it was cancelled and that so much garbage is allowed to remain on! So disappointing ABC!!

• Bruce Fawcett says:

ABC doesn’t know what they’re doing. They need their own REALITY show to know what is quality TV is. Shame on you ABC and . . . goodbye.

• stephanie abbott says:

i cant believe it was cancelled, i have been waiting for it too come on again. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

• Suzanne Hamilton says:

Yes AshleyJudd was another Jack Bauer, she was super great. All we get is those stupid reality shows…Bring back the show Missing.

• Jill lyne says:

I am sitting here thinking how can you cancel missing such a great show. Today only reality shows need shows like missing..your not to smart…bring it back

• Alta Brits says:

I’m gonne miss Missing…a very good series! Please bring Missing back!

• Rebecca says:

This is why I don’t watch ABC…..they cancel the good shows. If you look at NBC, they have great shows because they let them run a few seasons, and then people start watching these shows.

• Amber says:

I agree with you on that. I loved Missing and I was really getting in to GCB. ABC needs to revamp their leadership. They suck at picking shows. I was mad because they cancelled Brothers and Sisters. That was one of my faves. That show was nowhere close to being done. ABC needs some new management. They have to many old schoolers running the place. Keep the shows that are on, give them a second chance. C’mon ABC, wake up!

• Tanya Casey says:

Just looking for GCB and found it was cancelled, can’t believe it, what a let down, those women made my night…I am really disappointed in ABC and was hoping to see it with another channel…

• Celina says:

My 2 teenage children and I agree about Missing. It was a great TV show!! It was entertaining and suspenseful!!! There are entirely too many reality TV shows and we have been awaiting the return of Missing since May :( It is sad that such a fine show didn’t make it.

• I AM FROM CANADA, AS A HOCKEY FAN I WOULD MISS WATCHING A GAME TO WATCH “MISSING” WITH ASHLEY JUDD THE BEST SHOW SINCE DYNASTY PLS PUT IT BACK ON OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT WATCH ABC ANYMORE (YOU SUCK)

• Teresa Hensley says:

ABC MUST BE KIDDING!

They take good shows like Missing off the air and leave junk mindless inappropriate shows for families to watch. My family was on the edge of their seats every week. There are so few shows that can hold the attention of both the young and older.

WHAT WAS ABC THINKING???? PLEASE LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS, BEFORE YOUR PRECIOUS RATINGS GO DOWNHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT THE SHOW BACK!!!!!!!!!

• Peggy S says:

I can’t believe a drama of this caliber would not be renewed. The acting was outstanding as was the plot and scenery. This was a favourite I for one made sure not to miss every week. What are you thinking ABC?????

• Kim says:

I so totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED GCB……

• Michael Ames says:

ABC are you really that stupid, that a show Missing you have cancelled and leave that other “stuff” on the air !!!!! If numbers is what is important to you, I hope you like low ones.

• karen says:

totally agree. How dumb can ABC be? Gee, Missing was the best show since 24. But what can one expect from the network that cancelled OLTL and AMC…I expected better since they got rid of the idiot responsible for that fiasco; like we needed a “bad food show”.
          The same idiot is either still at ABC, messing up great entertainment like Missing, like GCB, like Pan Am, etc. or the same genre of “genius” has replaced that “A.H.”! The only ( and fabulous) decent show still on is REVENGE.
          SHHHHH! Hope he doesn’t see this one. I could not bear it.
          Bring back the good cancelled shows. Cancel the idiot who put on THE CHEW and all the other reality crap. Keep Castle and the “hospital” show.

No reason to watch ABC otherwise. Revenge and Missing brought me back. Hopefully I can still have Public Radio.

Karen

• sherry clark says:

Loved Missing. I’m a big Ashley Judd fan, watched every show.

• Wanda Hinson says:

I love Ashley Judd, also. She was absolutely fabulous in “Missing” and I also DVR’d every show so that I did not miss an episode. I have been waiting to see what this season held for ABC viewers. I am so disappointed to just find out that they have left their viewers hanging and I really hope they rethink this decision. If not I will not be watching ABC programs anymore.

• I also agree this show had the potential to be really entertaining was more than just romance

• JuliaS says:

I can’t believe no GCB! I liked Pan Am but it didn’t follow through, The River was never my thing, but GCB was the next Desperate Housewives (but actually funny!). Darned shame!

• I agree, GCB was awesome. Great comedy.

• Jenifer says:

Love this show!!! Was so excited when I found it on Hulu, watched all the shows in a couple of nights. I am a Texas girl and am very sad that it won’t be coming back for a second season.

• emmna says:

ino GCB has to be the best show i have ever seen next to once up ona time :( :( :( :( :( :( : :( :(

• jean says:

Loved GCB was so looking forward to it coming back! ABC Sucks!

• Essa says:

I agree ABC sucks A## I love GCB I am soo sick of getting interested in a show and then having it cancelled I was also a big fan of Pan am. It takes alot to get me to sit down and watch a full show but GCB had me PVRing it when I had to work. BRING IT BACK YOU JERKS!!!

• tammy says:

ABC, you suck!!! God forbid they continue shows where women are the lead characters. Chauvistic pigs. Pan Am & GBC both rock! Your beginning to be worse than Lifetime! Bring them back!

• susan says:

Totally Agree,,,,ABC does suck…they wouldnt know a good show if it fell in their laps…Oh wait a minute, it did fall in their laps and they threw it away….dumb asses…..guess thats why I watch very little on ABC..CUZ THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH.

• Cindy says:

Agree with you 100%. What is ABC thinking, they had a sleeper! GCB was great! It offered something different than DH, but still with the female friendships!
            ABC cancels too many shows without giving them a chance!! That’s why they SUCK!!!!

• maria says:

This sucks!!!!!!! I loved GCB everyone I know watched it I wonder if it just didn’t get good ratings because it was on so late that everyone set it to dvr fuse that show was kick A$$

• Nikki P says:

BOO ABC!!! I’m so upset with you guys right now. First Desperate Housewives and now GBC???

• Ceyda says:

I loved DHW but they were due after 8 seasons. I was so sad to see GCB go! Texas girl at heart. SORRY ABC, YOU LOST A VIEWER TO TNT’S DALLAS.

• kym towns says:

One of only 3shows my husband would watch that wasn’t history channel…the others were Missing & Mad Men! I’m sick! What can be done?!

• Jena says:

What is wrong with ABC? Taking a fast action (keeping me on edge of my seat) show off. I am talking about Missing. They can’t even give a good show a chance. I have gotten to the point I don’t even want to watch that network.

• Babs says:

Hate to see Missing being cancelled. That is a good show, Ashley Judd is a great actress. SHAME, SHAME, on you ABC.

• Natalie OJ says:

Watched the finale last night and it was beyond exciting. MISSING the only show on TV that has the capability of pulling you out of your world and into theirs and enjoying every second of it. The only show with beginning/end action and suspense that causes you to hold your breathe at times. Truly amazing show!!
            And what do we have to watch in place of it? More signing, reality shows & now shows about walking dogs!
            Give me a break. MISSING is extraordinary, capitivating, thrilling. Cut back on locations, create the sets but don’t cut out the best show on TV. Put it into a later time slot like Scandal and give it a chance. A show of this caliber deserves that much.

• mikey says:

I agree, finally a weekly sit down w/ the family show that is edge of seat 24 esqe w/ twists
            and turns, great locations, lot of good actors were not already sick and tired of, and they
            cancel it to probably make more time for some crappy sit com or reality blah. Get a grip
            America, there is more to life than reality competitions and watching an hours worth of
            botched robberies or car crashes. Missing rocked, I dont see how someone w/ a brain
            can watch it and not either love it or at least give some merit. ABC, you suck!! Yeah, you do..

• pat says:

must have cost too much too make

• Gina says:

I agree with you Kym! My husband and I only watch 2 shows on ABC, Missing and Once Upon a time. ABC will be losing viewers again if they keep cancelling good shows.

• Elaine says:

Disappointed in the cancellation of Missing. Our family wouldn’t miss a Thursday night on seeing it. One of 3 shows this season that we would watch faithfully. Please not another reality show.

• Tom Peek says:

ABC’S DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMING SHOULD BE FIRED FOR CANCELLING “MISSING!!!”

• The Goodwins says:

WOW! Just read that ABC cancelled Missing, in toatal disbelief. One of the FEW shows on network TV worth watching. “Dumb & Dumber” ABC programming execs – anybody got the name(s) of who pulled the plug, please post.
            Ashley Judd AND the cast/storyline are terrific, this show had unlimited potential for success. Hope with her clout that Judd can persuade another channel (maybe cable) to pick this up PRONTO. Huge mistake by ABC, their suits & their program lineup are PUTRID!!

• Natalie OJ says:

Totally agree, Missing was a show like no other, beginning to end excitement. The trash that they keep on is pure stupid no brain junk. Most shows cater to the younger watchers who just seem to want singing or reality shows. Well I don’t and anyone who has watched and became hooked on Missing will agree. Since the cancellation I am turned off to tv and have turned it off period.

• adanie says:

I am sad to see this show go off air as well. I think it has partly to do with high production costs, and the lack of a sufficient number of viewers. In my mind the pilot was the big problem, a bit too much blue screen and too little of the suspense that we saw in the later episodes. They show really just got better and better, at least from the third episode. when they really started to use the locations for what it’s worth. It is a shame that so many people fell off after the pilot, because Missing had a little more European feel to it (also if you take away the setting), not being too dumbed down.

• Robyn says:

I will miss missing. I get into shows and they cancel them. I want to see good shows. I want missing back. I have tried their other shows and I think they will probably lose me as well.

• Cindy says:

Missing was different & new! It was exciting each week! Never knew what was going to happen! Now the viewers, who ABC cares NOTHING about will never know what happens to Becca (Ashley Judd). This was a great action action show packed into one hour, once a week for all who loved GOOD acting!! Rare on TV these days!
            Another reason ABC SUCKS!!! They wouldn’t know a good program if it bit them in the ass! Sure wish they would reconsider bringing Missing & GCB back to a failing network!!

• Judy says:

I am still upset with the jerk who called Missing super sucky. That was one of my favorite shows. I am sick.

• EmmKay2 says:

“Missing” is a series worth bringing back! WTH do paper-pushers, bean-counters, and exec-TARDS know about making good television!? Give people what they want and they will give you back the numbers you’re looking for! Suspense! Intrigue! Mystery! A show definitely built for the intellect, in addition to the emotions. BRING. IT. BACK!!!

• OMG!!! my hubby too, he and i would watch the episodes online together as we sipped on some wine he really did love Missing and Ashley Judd too! Tirzah

• sheila says:

The best show ever GCB!!! The show was so funny. But all the good show are gone.

• Pamela Short says:

GIVE US BACK THE GCB.WE’RE FREAKING OUT.BEST THING ON SINCE “DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.” AND BRING THAT ONE BACK WHILE YOUR AT IT.TAKES SOME OF THE OTHER SHOWS OFF.LOL

• diana lopez says:

I SO AGREE I LOVED THIS SHOW GCB IT HAD GUSTO AND WAS TRUE TEXAS FORM…SO VERY UPSET ABC DONT KNOW A GOOD THING WHEN THEY SEE IT…..AND THEY BETTER THINK TWICE ABOUT PRIVATE PRACTICE….

• Angel Barnett says:

OMG!!!!!! ABC BOSSES ARE A BUNCH OF FRIGGIN IDIOTS!!! GCB was a PERFECT replacement for the empty spot that Desperate Housewives had left us with. YES it was controversial but the majority of the GREAT shows have been… It makes for great entertainment… BOSTON LEGAL… HARRYS LAW… Just to name a couple were excellent shows that pushed the limits but always had great ratings… These Tv execs need to GROW A SET!!!
          Hopefully another channel will have the cahonies to pick up this one!!!
          TNT….. Get to snappin!!!!
          Submitted by a PROUD CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN WOMAN

• Topher says:

Just started back watching ABC for GCB..poor ABC just cannot get it together. Now back to Bravo. Execs grow a set!!

• Margie says:

Totally agree. ABC you are a bunch of idiots. What happened cowtown to the religious right. GCB was great viewing, so was Pan Am, where can you go on tv that is not murder, hospital, doctors or lawyers. I agree with the comment before, afraid of having women bringing the bread to the table. I have already resolved not to watch anything on ABC ever again. Why should I you will just cancel it. Bunch of morons.

• Harley says:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/799/265/797/bring-back-gcb/ maybe will all be able to bring it back? Just found the site.

• George says:

OMG!!! Someone call God and tell him to have lightning strike ABC for taking off HANDS DOWN the best show ever created for television. GCB was absolutely fantastic. Finally to have Annie Potts back in a comedic role as well as Chenoweth. What shame…everyone I know watched this show and it was all the buzz in offices. The programming director should be banned to the desert for 40 days and 40 nights.

• Carol says:

Loved this show and will no longer watch ABC!!!

• Mary says:

I agree ABC is getting cancelled off my TV . First they cut All My Children & One Life to Live. Now GCB. Any Daytime or Night time soap that becomes interesting they cut. ABC you replace our TV shows, Maybe you will be replaced .

• Cindy says:

I agree totally! I love GCB! It is one of the funniest comedies on TV. I am also pi–ed about ALL MY CHILDREN!

• mimi1renda says:

I agree what left. Why ABC is canceling Missing? give me a break!!!! what’s left? I guess we have to switch chanel.

• Angelia Derose says:

I so Agree…I Loved GCB…I could relate to this Show……..I am so Disgusted with your discisions…Everytime I get interested in a show you cancell it….
            All my Children, One life to live, GCB…Brothers and sisters…

• Meg says:

Missing was a great show. I can’t believe they are going to cancel it when they keep and get junk. Good tv doesn’t pay i guess

• Betty-anne says:

I agree, loved the scenes, excitement and Ashley Judd. Where is she, who wants her now, will that hunky Italian find her? No, because it was cancelled:(

• Ginny says:

I am so furious about Missing. I totally agree…they keep the crap shows instead of the good ones always & seem to have some new crap coming. Can’t wait for that. Missing was my new fav show this season…my husband liked to watch it too & that’s always good…well most of the time. If it wasn’t for Dancing, I would be finished with ABC…especially now that Desperate is done. I haven’t been this bummed about show being cancelled in awhile.

• R. Cookson says:

Missing has it all. Romance, adventure and filmed in beautiful Italy. Acting great, script great. I am canceling ABC for good!

• Kim says:

I agree. I just loved this show.

• felix says:

u are absolutely crazey abc. action drama is very high on my list, stupid moves by stupid networks loose customers. to bad.will hav to reconsider watching another network. missing was assume.

• headless_scot@yahoo.com says:

From the beginning Missing was strong. I never missed a single show and was looking forward to more quality shows. The chemistry between Ashley Judd, Sean Bean and others was electric. Ashley is such a power house it took strong charactors for the heart pounding interaction. Reality Shows and slapstick are not a substitutes for action. Please reconsider bringing Missing back even at a later time….Mary

• Natalie OJ says:

I’m beginning to think that because of all the low quality shows namely the so called reality shows and all of the singing shows, comedy without the comedy and the same repetitious shows season after season and some celebrities name promoting it, that it’s all about the money that comes in through the names attached to the shows. Its not about a good quality, suspenseful, intelligently written show anymore like MISSING is. The public has become brain dead from these low quality, boring shows and there is just a few of us left who still require solid shows to watch with our very precious time. Missing has it all and few could even come close. I’m done with all of these stupid lame shows. Signing off to tv.

• Natalie OJ says:

I simply refuse to watch anymore stupid, brain dead shows. I don’t care what kind of show they may be. There all a waste of time, Season after season the same shows, no originality, no creativity. MISSING was the very best I have ever viewed in a long time and the idiots destroyed that..I’m done going back to reading.

• Cindy says:

Missing was amazing!!!! I was always at the edge of my seat!!! They CANNOT leave it the way it ended!!!!! I am furious!!!!! ABC what are you doing?!!?!?

• Chris says:

No one remembers that it was only a 10 week show that is all that Ashly wanted, I loved the show wish it could go on longer can’t argue with the Star.

• sue hoppe says:

I so agree. Missing , GCB, and Pan Am are great shows!! I am thoroughly disgusted with ABC. They take all the good show off, I can’t stand to see one more reality show on TV. I going to be watching movies, and forget ABC. They took off so many of my favorite shows. The people from ABC are not in touch with reality. They just like to do reality shows. Which doesn’t require a brain to watch these shows, or write them. Perhaps, that’s what’s wrong with that whole network!!

• serena says:

I agree, Missing was a great series. Sad to see it not return. Too many reality shows and not enough good drama series.

• Aimee Hanna says:

I totally agree I really liked missing n gcb were awesome I loved dem both

• Maddy :P says:

i agree 2.. its a good thing that 24 wasnt on ABC the show would of been cancelled after just one stinkin season!!!! i hate ABC u STINK!! we r getting rid of u!! srry but im never watching ABC again unless u bring back MISSING im gonna tell everyone to stop watching ABC and u will never get any more buisness :P

• Lou Esquerdo says:

I am 100% with you!!!! No more ABC for me until they bring MISSING back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Natalie OJ says:

Me too & actually I haven’t since I found out about this stupid move. All the shows are equally just as lame. They didn’t give it a chance.

• Susan says:

I can’t believe Missing was cancelled, I looked forward to that show every week. What is wrong with you ABC, you need to reconsider bringing it back. Ashley you can make more money in writing a “MISSING” book. The hell with you ABC.

• sharlene greene says:

I will not be watching much of abc anymore either loved GCB< don't understand why they would cancel this show if they would have but it at 9 since dhw is now longer on that would have been great… And now missing is off the air also i can't belive this loved that show also.. Why are you taking all the good shows off the air. GCB made me laugh so hard was so great it will be truley missed i hope the other net works will pick it up come on cbs nbc don't disapoint us bring gcb back….

• Dana says:

Grrrrr! I loved GCB!! It was way over the top fun!

• Tom says:

GCB is the funniest thing I’ve watched in years. In fact, it’s the only thing I do watch besides Hawaii 5-0. What a waste.

• Cheryl Hickey says:

I Agee GCB is one of the cleverest, funniest shows I’vee seen in years. I can’t believe abc let it go. Hopefully another network will pick it up.

• Josie Ribassi says:

I agree, the show is very funny…

• Margie says:

There is a new show coming in on sunday on ABC, but here you are because I AM, NOT WATCHING IT. SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL CANCEL IT. You don’t respect the viewer and keep putting on show after show. How about building the audience first and a couple of seasons for the characters to develop along with the plotline. Missing, GCB, Pan Am, great shows, believe it or not there are viewers who are not interested in reality TV.

• Dan T says:

I said the same thing from episode 1 of GCB, that it had the potential to be the next Desperate Housewives…..but of course ABC dosn’t care about the people who watch their shows.

• jacque says:

i completley agree i loved GCB and looked forward to it every sunday ABC should rethink their line up.

• Michelle says:

GCB was so entertaining. Disappointing to have it on the hit list.. It is a great show.

• Peggy says:

I love GCB and look forward to it every Sunday evening. Yes, I am both a Texan and a Christian but it is the best comedy that has come out in years, I figure ABC caved to all the Christian complaints about it. Problem is, I don’t really understand the complaints.

They better get Private Practice off that bubble and renew it too.

I am glad to see Grey’s and Once Upon a Time renewed, but I could care less about the rest of them.

• ATERRY says:

I LOVE GCB, it is the only show that I really watch that isn’t a kid’s show!!! It’s my mommy pleasure!

• Lori says:

I love GCB!!!! I am so sad they cancelled it. It would be great if an other network picked it up. I downloaded every episode on my iPad. Glad I did!!!

• GCB fan says:

I agree…..Loved GCB…..it was so much fun to watch!! I hardly ever watch new shows when they come out because I’m afraid they’ll get cancelled……thanks ABC :( I’m hoping another network will pick it up!

• DebbyF says:

Please reconsider!!!!! GBC is incredible! The humor is “Over the Top” great!!! It really makes you think and does it with brilliant camp and humor. I think it helps real christians remember what it means to be real “christian”.

• Wedallard says:

I love this show !! I hope another network picks it up or they reconsider. I also loved The River!!

• Cindy says:

This is what I thought too, but I have seen it where these so called “christians” are mainly the reason it got cancelled. Some people just don’t like to laugh at themselves. Did we know it was “over the top”? Yes.. and it was funny!

• Tia says:

I agree. I love GCB! I know women like each one of those women. I especially love Cricket.

• Lisa says:

Contact ABC!!! Go to abc.com and let them know we want GCB back!! Get enough p-off people emailing they might give it another shot!!!

• tbkr75 says:

OH DEAR GOD! I can not believe it! I was just asking on Thursday about the show times and network. The show reminded me of my hometown. I was hooked on first episode, but I never caught when it would air again (never now). Guess I will go back to Fox News and Pandora.

urrgh!

• linda says:

GCB was delightful, funny and entertaining. I am so sick of having the airwaves hijacked with reality shows, i.e., the bachelor and the bachelorette. The one reality show that has risen in class and entertainment is DWTS. You are going to lose viewers, you already lost me when 2.5 men and Hot in Cleveland are on, looks like i will have to seek out comedy elsewhere. Pan Am and Missing are two shows that were entertaining, but of course, let us get rid of them as well

• Julia says:

I liked GCB, Pan Am and Missing. All were good shows. I think I’m going to stop watching ABC from now on!

• connie says:

Really enjoyed watching GCB…how sad!!! Bring it back…

• tvet says:

I am most sad about GCB. I didn’t watch live (but don’t watch anything live anymore) and I actually sat through the annoying website forced commercials to watch this show. Loved the humor, women and just plain wrongness of it. I hope another channel grabs it! Please! I will follow those bling b*tches elsewhere!

• Beth says:

GCB was too good for regular network television. Should be picked up by USA, TNT or one of the premium channels. I truly enjoyed every episode and could not believe it was cancelled.

• Lisa Stefanow says:

I’m beyond bummed about no GCB. I LOVED the show. I would literally make NO plans when that was on so I wouldn’t miss it. I thought it was hysterical. Kristen Chenowith was so good. I hope enough people complain and it comes back. A girl can always dream!!

• kim yauger says:

OMG !!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY GOT RID OF GCB !!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE BEST COMEDY IN A LONG TIME….I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON IT TO COME BACK. Please bring it back!!!

• jenna says:

agreed with Pan Am :( I loved the show when it first started but a couple episodes in and I felt like there wasn’t a real direction to the show. such a shame

• Anne says:

Missing, is such a fast pace show. I enjoy it, Needs one more season

• Debi says:

I totally agree!!! This was a very suspenseful, well written show. It definitely needs one more season!!!

• lori says:

I agree, they need to give a chance.

• CMDavis311 says:

Missing is a great action packed show! You never know what’s going to happen next, similiar to 24. I can’t understand why they would cancel this one. Why put these shows on TV to get us involved in their lives then cancel them at the drop of a hat. I feel betrayed!

• t-scoop says:

Competely agree!!!! This is so ridiculous, ABC has so many shows that are not even up to the same level as Missing but they keep those on. Missing was full of suspense and kept us wanting more. Every week I couldn’t wait for the next episode!!! Im so aggervated they are canceling this show, I dont see why they wouldn’t bring it back. Everyone I know always talked about it!!! This is very disappointing……

• kerri says:

Missing is an amazing fast paced show. A great break from reality t.v.. The settings are gorgous, and the cast works together wonderfully. Please reconsider another season. ABC has made enough mistakes lately, let it stop here.

• chica says:

I believe that this is messed up I loved these shows not so much pan am but missing the river and GCB. They NEED another season so, the people who run the TV companies PLEASE reconsider another season. PLEASE because those where my shows of the week since Desperate house wives are gone too.

• Kathie Stansbury says:

I agree. I couldn’t wait till the next episode. Like a fun novel you don’t want to put down. Plus I get to see some cities around the world. Please bring this show back. Who can we write about this?

• Dorwal says:

Totally agree, Claudia! I really look forward to every episode of Missing. It’s so sad that ABC seems to cater to tacky sitcoms without giving this kind of program a chance to be discovered by a larger audience. Maybe another Network will seize this opportunity to pick up a great show.

• sam says:

Unfortunately it came down to ratings with missing and a bad time slot — this was on par with 24 in my opinion. Google missing and find out what was gonna happen next season.

• BEV MORRIS says:

I LOVE ASHLY JUDD=GREAT SHOW .WHO IS DOING THE VOTING.

• I totally agree. Missing is an exceptional show, a true suspense and can’t wait for next Thursday show. One of the best show’s on tv. I for one are very disappointed, We finally have a really good show to watch with true on the edge of your seat excitement and you take it off. You guys are not thinking. Bring it back!!!!!!

• Maureen says:

I so agree. My husband and I never miss the show. We love it. ABC doesn’t have very many good shows. This show should not be cancelled!!!!

• Suzanne Lane says:

I am really tired of getting involved with shows that leave with a cliffhanger and then NOTHING! There ought to be a law that every show must have a definitive ending. Missing, The River AND GCB….if I wasn’t disabled and home all of the time I’d starat boycotting networks! Does anyone in the networks not understand this? I want to know what happens to these characters. Its like reading half of a good book only to find the last few chapters are missing!

• jan says:

i agree. missing is a thrill a minute. enjoyed it a lot. so why cancell another good show ? so you can put on another reality or musical show. so disappointed, again with abc. surprised you kept revenge on.

• Mel says:

I hope another network picks this up and runs with it. The ratings are not reality. Its a handful of people filling out paperwork they forgot about earlier in the week—–not at all accurate. Networks know this. Technology exists to get precise info but they are too cheap to invest in it.

• v says:

I cant believe ABC is taking away missing and choosing to keep some of the garbage shows ABC im done watching you this is pathetic.

• Bonnie Cavallo says:

Please bring back Missing I love that show!!!!

• Cheryl Henderson says:

I agree with everyone! Missing was such an exciting and riveting show with so many twists, I loved it, looked forward to it every week. What is wrong with ABC? Why do you always take off the popular shows that everyone loves????? You left it with a cliffhanger, and two questions, what happened to Ashley and did she and that gorgeous guy get together, what a stupid idea to get rid of that show, I will stop watching ABC.

• Jay Moore says:

Total agreement with you. It’s disgusting when they get you involved with the characters and then drop it like a hot potato. Missing was more intriguing with each episode, as was Pan Am. This news really stinks.

• D. E. Jeffrey says:

Maybe it was a politics, since ABC is liberal, the same as NBC and CBS, the White House doesn’t like anything showing the positive and good our CIA can do. I am sure WH wasn’t happy with Missing regardless how many people watched it. I couldn’t watch it when it was on but always set DVR to watch when I could view without being disturbed.

• marley123 says:

Anne I agree people do not know what they will be missing.

• Santa says:

I Agree!!!. Looked forward to seeing Missing every week. Hope ABC reconsiders. Great show and cast. Loved seeing different countries they were in.

• Amy says:

Contact ABC—http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us

• MJPerry says:

I cannot believe they leave all the garbage reality TV on air and take off a great fast action in depth show like Missing. Ashley Judd is awesome! What can be done to change their minds?

• Amy says:

Send ABC a message—http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us

• I think that it is a travesty that Missing is being cancelled and yet all these boring REALITY shows are renewed again and again. Missing was put up against NCIS to start with (one of the most popular shows on TV)!!! Why was it not aired on a Friday when there is nothing on to watch? ABC please reconsider!!! This series was different and had intrigue, beautiful locales and was just an excellent one hour show all round. Cancel some of the other rubbish that you insist on airing!!!

• Gene says:

Maybe if luck is with us the USA network, which has wonderful shows, will pick up Missing and NBC can continue in its wavering attempt to provide quality entertainment !!!

• linda says:

I just sent a letter to USA asking them to look into giving a home to Missing and GCB. Everyone who has expressed their displeasure should do the same and see if we can have any affect.

• Natalie OJ says:

It probably would be a good idea if USA Network or another, did pick up MISSING. It would get a better suited time slot and take off with ratings comparable for a show of that caliber. There is only a select few good shows on, the rest of them are nothing but garbage a true waste of life to have to watch. The networks need MISSING, give it a chance to show what it’s got..

• Charmaine says:

I think Missing is a great show. I love the locale of the other European countries that we usually never get to see on American TV, other than the usual UK & Paris. I can’t believe they are cancelling the show.

• Dave Roberts says:

Sometimes I wish the ABC Exec’s would go “Missing” & get NO Paychecks.

• Sandy Cox says:

I agree! Missing became my favorite show to watch. I can’t believe they are not going to renew this show. ABC what is wrong with you?????

• Kathy Gurley says:

I agree! Love the show Missing! Needs another season! Please reconsider, ABC!

• sata says:

i agree,i love missing,so sad they were given the boot

• trish says:

AGREE. Missing is my FAVORITE show this season. Please bring it back!

• Farby says:

EXACTLY!!!!! atleast don’t leave us with a cliffhanger forvever…… :P

• pat says:

great show bad time slot nine would be great loved the river too

• tarc says:

Missing was fantastic. I was hoping for one more round of 13 episodes.

• Yvonne says:

I TOTALLY
        AGREE.. BRING BACK “MISSING”!!!

• toss Bowman says:

“Missing HAS to be brought back. Suspence,intrigue,action and great acting. What more do they want? Get rid of the Reality shows if ya wanna ax something.

• Mary Lauer says:

I look forward to watching Missing every week. I hope that the people at abc change thier mind and give Missing a chance Please!!!!!!

• I can’t believe that abc is getting rid of missing!!!! I love that show…they are stupid to get rid of this show…

• Kathy Hutchinson says:

I totally agree, bring back MISSING!!! It is such a fast paced show, so much on the edge, keeps you hooked and wanting more. The scenery is amazing, keeps you wanting to travel to see these places. Let it have another season, please. Cut the girl in apartment 23 whatever, it is raunchy and should not be on prime time TV.

• lillian johnson says:

I agree with all the previous comments.Missing was a really good, suspenseful show. There is so much garbage (reality shows and silly comedies) that to see a good adult show iis rare. I liked this so much I recorded it each week s I would not miss a segment. It was nice to Ashley Judd back on screen again, as well.

• Celeste Perdue says:

I agree! Missing was the one show I watched every week. Loved Ashley Judd. Please keep it on for another season. Celeste Perdue – May 12, 2012 7:58 PM

• TheBeach says:

I’m guessing that Missing was a relatively expensive show to produce due to all the fabulous location shooting. Part of the fun for me was recognizing lots of the foreign locales that I have visited. The ratings must not have justified the expense…too bad:(

• Dave Roberts says:

Nevermind 13 more episodes – I was hoping for another 50 +. The ABD Exec’s that decided to cancel Missing should get their Pink Slips, period . ! .

• Katie says:

I agree!! I LOVED THIS SHOW! I was looking forward to each and every show! I would get grumpy if I couldn’t watch it that night! BRING IT BACK!! I am tired of reality tv and comedies.. It is nice to actually watch something that will keep you on the edge of your seat and in shock when you find out what happened next and you couldn’t call it until it happened! BRING IT BACK ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Andy says:

Missing is truly an AMAZING show!!! I cannot believe they are getting rid of Missing. I am actually so upset and annoyed about this! We all need to do something about this and let them know how much we want Missing back, and maybe they will cooperate once they see the demand!!

• i know…i absolutely love GCb. Can we petition for it to come back?

• Tom says:

Pan Am was awesome, what fools to cancel, they don’t give it a chance. It needed to have a better time slot, 10PM was too late…A great show. Please another network pick it up. Another great decision by ABC????Maybe they can put the Chew in to replace it, just like they did with AMC. Please no more boring reality shows.

• sam says:

Pan am just won best series at Europe’s highest tv awards. GCB was AWFUL, so disappointing, I lost interest after 2 episodes.

• Kathy says:

Absolutely love GCB! Can’t believe its being cancelled. II is one of the few TV shows I look forward to watching every week. The cast is awesome and it makes me laugh! :(

• Tonia says:

ABC has lost their mind have they seen the show it was funny and look like it had some bite
      But of course ABC keeps the gems like Once Upon a time….please

• lindsay says:

WAHH! Im so sad! I LOVE this show!

• lani says:

seriously GCB was getting better per episode

• Celeste says:

“Pan Am” was a true slice of culture from the early days of “Women’s Lib”. Costumes, period details and the sense of excitement that flying on a major airline during an era of glamourous travel conveyed. Younger generations will never understand the potential and sense of freedom women forged in the early Sixties. What a shame the show is gone.

• Tarisn says:

I’m so extremely upset w/ ABC!! It makes me never wanna watch this channel again!! First Desperate Housewives, then PanAm, then Missing, then GCB!! You’ve gotta be kidding me!! This was everything that I watched on TV!! What’s left (besides Scandal, which I do watch) -reality shows?! Give me a break, I think most ppl are so over reality shows! There’s very few worth watching, very few!!! ABC I am so disappointed! The shows that I mentioned had pretty good ratings & if u really think the crap you replaced them with is gonna be any better, I think you are sadly mistaken!! & I bet you will lose a bunch of loyal viewers, if you haven’t already that is!! :-(

• will says:

I agree Pan Am was awesome, my wife and I loved watching it together, actually it was the only show we would watch together had so much to offer and the time period was great! Now we get to watch “duets” another lame singing show! Reality tv is worthless we get to live in reality everyday i wanted Pan Am to stick around for a while and give us the late night soap drama back to us, like the glory days in the 80’s (Dallas and Dynasty) writters have no imagination anymore so we are stuck with reality tv! im over ABC!!!

• Marcia Boone says:

I really liked Missing & hate that we won’t get closure. The ended it with Becca being kidnapped!?! REALLY?!? That just sucks!! GCB was funny & I’m sorry it won’t be back. River got better after a few episodes. Pan Am starrted off good but fizzled & I quit watching it. I’m really tired of networks canceling good shows & keeping the stupid reality & comedy shows. Especially when they cancel without giving us an ending!! Think I’ll just read. At least I’ll get and end to my stories.

• Leslie A. West says:

Bummer. I liked PanAm alot. I ll miss it. But I loved GCB. How could ABC do that to such a great fun fast paced funny show? I will be buying dvd of GCB. Everyone was great Annie Potts was A hoot. Bruce B and all the handsome men in cowboy hats esp. the Jag guy WOW! Iliked all the couples different story lines. K. Chenoweth has been a favorite for a long time. her singing voice is azaming. I will really miss this show alot. do will my friend. I think alot more people liked this show than ABC realized.

• tina says:

Can’t belive thy are going to cancel the GCB. It was so funny, they always canel the good stuff so they can cram another reality show in our face.

• Clay says:

I was hooked on Pan Am. Feel in love with two of the girls. My wife said I was having an affair. GCB was offensive to me and I am glad to see it go.

• Hannah says:

Why in the FREAKIN world would they cancel GCB. I loved that show. That SUCKS. Abc is so FREAKIN retarded. I am totally Peed-Off right now. My FREAKIN favorite tv show was GCB. It was funny. I loved all the characters, but my favorite was Cricket. I am FREAKIN crying out tears right now!!!! HATE ABC!!!! As long as they don’t cancel Revenge. Then….there will be somethin going down.

• Mike says:

I looked for reruns of Missing tonight, and realized that it has been cancelled! What a disappointment as it was a breath of fresh air compared to all the reality shows and even the contrived Scandal. ABC really needs to give this show another chance!

• Sarah says:

I am so sad they cancelled Pan Am and GCB. Those were my new favorite shows. I had to watch online because of the times though. Bring them back ABC!

• Jan says:

Luv Pan AM and GCB and Annie Potts! I think fun for us viewers to have the Networks and writers to do so = please bring these shows back they were fun and so entertaining to watch -To do an on going mini series of the two might be fun every couple of months sounds kinda neat – Studios please think on that! a little bit of each show to TV every so often – in ~ a mini series I say every few months on for us to enjoy GCB! … and Pan AM two great shows!! <3 Luv!! Yeah a mini series of sorts now and again = thats the ticket for Pan Am and GCB!!

• Sharon says:

Gcb was one of the best shows I’ve watched in along time. If was perfectly cast….well written….and totally entertaining. I looked forward to the to the laughs and am very disappointed it was removed when there were less entertaining programming they could have afforded to have axed .

• Kelly says:

Hated GCB. It was reallly stupid. I loved Pan Am. It could have been great show.

• frattwins says:

I loved PanAm, liked GCB, too. Also, Body of Proof. I’m shocked they are considering cancelling it. Have no clue what I will watch now….

• Belinda Ohio says:

I loved loved loved GCB!!!! Why would they cancel this show!!!!
      SOOO Sad

• Mika says:

GCB was my favorite show I loved Annie Potts. Can’t believe there are 1000 reality shows which are crap who cares about rich, spoiled adults with bad attitudes and their lives. This was a fun show, those that make these cancellations need to watch the shows and ask the general public what we think.

• colene says:

i agree i LOVED GCB i wondered why there were only a few then gone what were they thinking? STUPID

• michelle says:

I agree! I loved Pan Am, amazing characters, actors, the clothes and all of the history. It was so interesting to watch and get lost in it. I can’t believe its been cancelled with all the other hoopla out there with no direction, no story lines, same old “reality” shows. I was also looking forward to more GCB!! Again, great characters, loved all the actors and it had so much potential! Why did you let these two shows go?? Crazy!!

• Jamian Snow says:

I cannot believe that they cancelled Missing! It was well-written & kept you on the edge of your seat every week. They would rather people watch reality TV< which is senseless, rather than a show that was actually good. And GCB is gone. That was another hit show. I laughed at every episode. It was hilarious. I guess this is why I have not been a fan of network TV in some time. I actually gave it a try this past year with watching some new shows and they cancelled them. cable networks give their shows time to settle in. Oh, well, back to cable for me.

• Liz says:

I LOVED GCB. This was the best show on TV in years! And the only one I actually made sure not to miss. ABC should definitely bringing it back. It was hardly publicized, yet everyone loved it.

• goodstories says:

I LOVED GCB! It was the best show on TV in years and the only one I made sure to not miss. Seems a lot of people loved it. Maybe ABC should consider bringing it back and publicizing it better.

• Peggy says:

“Missing” you canNOT end with the season ender. Ashley Judd is missing now, for Pete’s sake! I’ve been waiting all summer for it to come back on. Shame on you, ABC !

• wishingwell says:

I loved Pan Am. It was something different, something unique. It wasn’t like any of the other annoying reality TV shows. And not enough viewers!? Have they even seen how many disappointed people there are now that the show was cancelled. My sisters and I used to anticipate the show. It was the only show on Sundays that we watched. We enjoyed the episodes and were looking forward to the next season. How could they cancel it? I know this comment most likely won’t change anything, but I really wish it could. Pan Am was my favorite show and I was devastated when it was cancelled.

• P.J. says:

I agree-GCB HI-LA-RI-OUS! I also loved Missing AND Pan Am. I don’t get ABC AT ALL. When they get a decent show they nix it and yea ,prob for another dumb new reality show.

• Fred Sumpter says:

I thought Ashley Judd did an outstanding job in the show missing… I cannot believe that ABC will not be returning the show for this season. I have never watched Ashley Judd in any show and was not amazed by her perfromance. ABC is too quick to cancel good shows… I hope another network will get an opportunity go get the show…then ABC would lose a good show and a good viewer!!!!

• Charlotte says:

Missing and The River was some of the still decent shows on TV. Along with Castle and Revenge. Please reconsider. You know older folks don’t get out a whole lot and they depend on their favorite shwows for entertainment. We have been waiting for Missing to come back on. and we simply love the Castle show.

• Sherry says:

I agree 100% missing was a great show and I was so looking forward to a new season.I get sick aand tired of hearing they want toappeal to younger audience,the younger people don’t sit and watch tv.Please bring back Missing!!!!

• nancy says:

i am so upset to see that Missing is cancelled – it was like watching a mini James Bond movies and even my elderly mother loved it and it is the first show in a long time that i couldn’t wait to see and scheduled my work around. ABC is so wrong i haven’t watched any of their shows in years and now i remember why! can’t pick or see a great show when they have one right in front of them! Boooooooooo!

• marisa says:

send your comments about GCB to ABC,. that show was hilarious and should not be cancelled. only if we gripe can be get it back!

• Tanya says:

Abc keeps on canceling good shows like pan Am, thr river, GCB. What is wrong with abc I am getting tired of them canceling all the shows I like I am just going to go back to reading books . I mean why even watch a show if they are just going to cancel it. I reality tv sucks I mean who really wants to see real life on tv when we live real life when I turn on a tv I want to watch a good tv show that isn’t reality based I want to be entertained. Really what has happened to good entertainment ?

• Terry says:

I am hatting ABC and FOX right now. I have been looking forward to GCB and the FINDER coming back. Why is it that all the shows that don’t have alot of sex, violence or be a reality show get cancelled. ABC u suck!!! You better bring back Body of Proof and please re-consider GCB!!!!!!!!!!!

• deaniebugs says:

I find it odd that a spoof of Christianity got canceled (which I loved) and a show called 666 (the know representation of the Anti-Christ made it. I will not be watching ABC and longer

• Ty says:

BRING BACK GCB! or at least let another network that has sense to know genius when they see it run with it. This show has the makings to become a syndicate on the level of shows like Seinfeld and Friends. My family, friends and myself have been waiting anxiously for GBC to return this season only to be disappointed. THEN WE WERE INSULTED WITH REPLACEMENTS like 666, Red widow, and last resort (which I will admit i have not seen because the advertisements have generated no interest in seeing them).

I also think that the lack of good advertising of these shows contributed to the death of Pan Am. I myself never watched a single episode of Pan Am because I did not see one commercial or preview that made me want to tune in. I could have been the best show on earth, but unless you knew the secret it was just a name on the tv guide and nothing more. I feel the opposite extreme has been done on the new replacement shows especially with 666. I’ve seen too much advertisement on that show which tells me one thing — anything that has to be hyped up that much is going to be a huge disappointment. I digress…

Missing was also a good show, but (sorry fans) I can understand why that show ended. It would only have made it one more season anyway. The husband came back from the dead, the son was found, we know it’s just a matter of time before all evil doers are arrested. . . now the only way for that show to proceed if for someone else to go “missing” — which is what happened. They knew that without a complete character change up it had lost its sustainability.

To surmise, if ABC doesn’t want to run with good shows, they need to let other newer networks purchase the rights to the show. I’m sure Bravo or BBC America would LOVE the rights to GBC.

• SLG says:

I was really looking forward to GCB and I CANNOT believe that they cancelled it while 2 1/2 men lives on…wow! I have the sad face now.

• Kim says:

I do not know why I bother to watch ANY new series on ABC…everytime I like a show they cancel it!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY people come on!

• Delia Slowns says:

Innacurate- season 1 of missing ends with Becca Winstone being taken therefore it can not be summed up and done with 1 season. The show (and read below and you will see the fans agree) begs for a second season.

BRING BACK MISSING!!!!!!

• Doua Moua says:

I love GCB. It was a great drama. I was looking forward to the second season….what happened??

• desire says:

i hate that they canceled gcb bring it back i hate country show but gcb was a very good show that made me laugh iam from el paso tx and i love how those woman brought out the country side of tx bring it back i am dyeing to know what happen with that preacher. and bring back the river too.

2. Epicurious erin says:

I am really going to miss GCB :( Was really starting to love that show!!

3. TJ says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Missing was SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!

4. Kathryn says:

Crap! I’d rather they’d have kept GCB and got rid of that horrid Scandal with all those unlikable full of themselves characters.

• Alice says:

Amen! :)

• Holly says:

Thank you I was thinking the same thing!

• tvdiva says:

I agree. GCB was such a guilty pleasure.

• TheBeach says:

So true. It was great over-the-top campy…and in a good way. Definitely this year’s guilty pleasure.

• Mindy says:

I agree. It would have made a great replacement for the finished desperate housewives. I guess I will just have to find another channel to watch at that time.

• NO!! Dump the reality shows!!! Was anxiously awaiting the next GCB….so tired of the crime drama, cop, solve the murder and I am gorgeous look at me shows……GCB is so funny!!

• MM Miller says:

I loved GCB..it was funny and the first show of it’s kind in a while. I know so many of my friends that love it..How can it be cancelling? They don’t give shows enough time to get a following before cancelling. I also love Missing and I hear they maybe canceling Body of Proof. These are shows with strong women and I love them and now they are being cancelled. Just as I was bragging on ABC that they finally had some decent shows..I guess I was wrong.

• Babygate says:

Disagree. Scandal is more cerebral, but it’s also expertly produced, has a clear direction and the writing is superb. I love GCB and I wish it had been renewed but there is just no comparison.

• duranmom says:

I enjoy Scandal for my heavy “what’s next” drama and GCB for the fun camp and humor to start out the week. Both great shows, too bad ABC had to cancel one. Boo!

• tarc says:

I’m so with you on that.

• Michelle says:

Agree, I enjoyed GCB. Got me ready for the week with a good laugh

• Gabby says:

You are so unbelievably wrong! Scandal is fantastic! GCB was funny but Scandal is definitely the superior show

• Yvonne says:

YES!! I agree.. Scandal is BORING!
      Bring back MISSING!

5. tvaddict says:

Sad about GCB but the others were expected……. I need Crickett Caruth-Riley on my TV on Sunday nights

6. Red says:

So bummed about “GCB.”

7. Brittany says:

Nooooo!!!! GCB!!! That’s disappointing…

8. Laura says:

wish GCB had a second season…good, goofy fun!

9. ggny says:

no word on Apt 23 yet?

10. Linda says:

What are you hearing about Body of Proof?

11. Ah crap! I love GCB!! What’s wrong with those people??

• LisaH says:

I know right?!??! I love GCB & annie potts is so awesome! I can’t believe they cancelled Pan Am. It started out so strong.

12. this sucks. I just started watching GCB and loved it :(

13. Happy, happy! More room for Private Practice :)

14. Kelly says:

Bummed for GCB. That sure was just pure, all-around fun.

• Lorna says:

I for one am a Christian that loved GCB and look forward to the cable company that’s wise and picks this one up. With all the other great shows I was looking forward to, only to find they had been cancelled, come on how many reality shows do you think one should have to endure? READ ALL THE ABOVE COMMENTS AND RECONSIDER!

15. Amanda says:

No!!! I love GCB!!! It’s so fun and fresh! I liked pan am too, but I think we all saw that one happening

16. Alicia says:

Good riddance. All those shows were mediocre at best (although still better than 99% of shows on NBC, Community, of course, being the 1%).

17. Heather says:

I was really hoping they would renew GCB. :-(

18. leigh says:

Okay. Not real sad about this but what about Body of Proof? Did I miss the announcement?

19. Liz says:

I’m sad about GCB. It was fantastic while it lasted. I wish ABC had axed one of Shonda Rhimes three shows instead.

• Like Scandal. Now there’s only Private Practice left and it needs to stay. But I REALLY wish Scandal had been axed.

• tvdiva says:

I was thinking the same thing.

• jenna says:

I’m the opposite, I find scandal to be really intriguing but feel that private practice has long jumped shark

• Jackie says:

I disagree as well. Scandal is amazing. It has a great cast and the story is an edge of your seat thrill ride. Plus i absolutely adore Kerry Washington. She and Shonda Rhimes make a great combination and today’s female audience needs good strong female leads to look upto. So bringing it back for a second season was a great decision.

I do have to admit, i am extremely happy that they decided to keep Once Upon a Time and Revenge. Now if they only put all three (including Scandal) on thursday nights back to back, i’d be on cloud nine.

Its a shame about Missing – which i”m going to miss tremendously. I agree ABC has done an injustice by pulling the plug on that one. I wasn’t too suprised with PanAm because it kind of fizzled out early in the shows run. As too Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy, i think they have both run out of steam. They’ve gotten to the point where ER used to be. That show should have ended after the seventh or eighth season. I think when it gets to the point where its “all been done” its time to pull the plug and bring in some fresh blood. In this case more scripted dramas with substance. Where you actually care about the storylines and the characters.

Needless to say, i can’t say that about these reality shows that have become nothing but a freak show. (Just an opinion!)

• tarc says:

Scandal and Private Practice were garbage from day one. Ugh.

• Roberta says:

They are keeping Apt. 23 but GCB had such great talent, great scripts and much more classey when being crass. Obviously they do not know something good when they see it. I had so much fun watching GCB. Being a very recent widow, this show really lightened my load.

20. mantua says:

Any chance it gets picked up by another network ? ABC Family, Lifetime, CW ? It would be a superstar with that almost 2.0 demo average over there…

• APNYC says:

What you’re failing to think about is that it’s an expensive show that a cable network (or CW) likely couldn’t afford. I actually work in programming and the amount of people who think they can do my job and others like it is astounding. If you could do it, you would be – that, or you’d have your own television network where crappy shows that no one watches (like GCB and Community) would rule the roost. A network is a business, and their job is to create revenue, and the only thing that creates revenue is ratings. Any show that doesn’t have that (no matter how “good” you may perceive it to be) isn’t worth their time. Network television is not a charity.

• S says:

WOW. No need to be an ass about it.

• mantua says:

Sorry big shot for not being perfectly aware of the system, I guess the only thing I still don’t understand is that if “the only thing that creates revenue is ratings”, how do shows like Body of Proof, Gossip Girl, Fringe etc. get renewals with anemic performances and how is for example Scandal getting a second season and GCB isn’t when its season average is basically identical to GCB (around 1.9-2.0), only Scandal had a considerably stronger lead-in ? Sure, GCB isn’t cheap…but neither is Scandal.

• Russ says:

Having watched both GCB and Scandal I would say that Scandal is a far better show. At first I was more interested in GCB cause of Kristen but after the premiere it was meh and just a fun silly show that I thought was okay. Scandal i watched cause I they moved PP and i didn’t notice but was completely shocked at the focus the show had with interesting character with some mystery and an overall story for the season. I think that is what GCB lacked it didn’t have a overall story that tied the episodes together beside Amanda coming home and she that used to be a bitch but is nice now.

• mantua says:

For the record, I consider ‘Scandal’ the better show, too…I just don’t get how it deserved a second season with basically identical season average achieved by a considerably better lead-in.

• Anne says:

As someone “who works in programming,” you should know how inaccurate ratings are nowadays with only a handful of households supposedly representing a majority of the American audience. Also, just because, by your outdated standards, GCB and COMMUNITY don’t have great numbers, it doesn’t make them “crappy” shows.

• Lauren says:

Still bummed about Pan Am, even though I assumed it would be cancelled months ago. Was there ever a reason given, though? Was it a ratings thing or a cost of production thing? (Or both?)

• Debi says:

I agree. They also do not take into consideration the millions who record their shows and watch them at a more convenient time. Missing was a very good show and was smart and interesting, unlike so many renewed shows. I cannot believe they cannot come up with a better way to accurately show how many people actually watch and record shows. With all this technology….!!

• reg says:

At least you let these serie live to see the end of their series order. I hope you aren’t the same person working in programming who orders 12 episodes and decides to stop production after 6 due to bad ratings? Or the same decision maker who doesn’t let the show even know their fate until after the season is over leaving the series with no closure.

Why would we want to invest our time watching ANY of these new shows live if we can’t even count on closure for the series? I personally wait until a season is over and then find it via DVD or some stream because I refuse to be caught hanging either in the middle of the season when you chop it or you decide to cancel the series with a huge cliffhanger.

At the very least, give the show proper notice so they can tie it up properly.

• Debi says:

I totally agree. They need to allow the shows to tie up the story lines!!

• Suzanne Lane says:

AMEN! Don’t you hate being left with no closure? remember “V” or “Brothers and Sisters”? At least CBS gave J”Jericho” one more chance AND gave closure on the last show. I would have liked to see it go on but at least I had some closure. And “All My Childresn? ABC left a 40 year old show with another cliffhanger! Did the bullet hit anyone? We’ll never know. At least with “One Life To Live” some of the characters moved to General Hospital”.I still have several weeks to watch and I’m scared I’ll once again be disappointed with what? NO CLOSURE! I have also wondered about the fact that so many of us tape shows and watch them later. Do the networks figure that in when they decide a show’s fate?:”Desparate Housewives”at least was able to give us a definitive ending. I could go on and on but I won’t. PLEASE ABC, get your head out of the sand and see the bigger picture! I record or watch most of my shows On Demand and so do most of my friends. And judging from the number of comments on thi subject Progrmmers aren’t doing a very good job! And if that person who claims to be a prograamer really is one, they need to wake up and smell the coffee!

• Ron says:

Who are you, and how do you know why GBC is being cancelled? Are you on that committee, or panel, of decision makers. There have been a lot of shows that have not had good ratings in their first year but were given a chance to develop their viewership and became very successful, and profitable. And yeah, I do think I could do your job, but I actually spent my career practicing a profession that took some mental and physical skills. I would not be interested in your job. Watching actors perform and deciding what is good entertainment and what is not, is something a 5 year old can do. And what millions of people do every night. It’s just a matter of opinion and perspective, and totally subjective. What one person thinks is great, another might feel is “crap”. Success is often a matter of “Luck” and “Good Timing”. GBC could be moved to a different night and time and be highly successful. You might think it was crap, but a lot of us think is was very entertaining, and hope it will be picked up by another network. And, I also think you are an ass, with your arrogant attitude. P.S. I also liked MISSING. Both shows had good actors, good acting, and good writing, unlike several of the shows that ABC did decide to renew. ABC just went from 5 shows on my recorders “To Do List”, down to 3. 3 of 46 is not good. Maybe they should hire me. I’ve retired from my real profession that actually benefited society, and made life better for a lot of people. TV programming would be a nice “post retirement” job.

• Cathy says:

“Any show that doesn’t have that (no matter how “good” you may perceive it to be) isn’t worth their time. Network television is not a charity.”

I didn’t think anyone on this board was asking for charity. You’re very pompous, and what you perceive as crappy is your own taste, obviously not that of everyone’s. Try being a bit nicer, it might do you some good. And of course, when one of your shows gets cancelled, we’ll just perceive it as you having crappy taste, too.

Sorry to management, I know you want people to be nice on this board, but I just couldn’t stand this.

• Ryan says:

If you do your job the way you speak publicly, I’d have to assume a dead monkey could do your job better.

• TigerNightmare says:

Challenge accepted. I’ll take your job, put only good shows on, properly promote them AND not be a condescending jerk about it. Be sure to save some money for when you’re looking for a new job, Nielsens whore.

• Jackie says:

I’m not in programming, but i do have to admit that ratings shouldn’t be the only reason why a show gets the axe. I for one always end up recording my shows and watching them later or watching them on demand or possibly online. If that is the case and i think it is for the majority of american viewers. Then a show that may show mediocre ratings could actually have a high fanbase outside of television alone. (I know i’m babbling) But my question to you would be, do you have a way of determining if those numbers match up or are added to the actual numbers during a shows timeslot that you seem to think is so important? Because if they are than i agree with you, but if they are ignored then its redicules to say that ratings make or break a show.

• Debbie Watson says:

Your comment about no one watching GCB is garbage. I just checked the ratings chart & it did better than several shows that they are keeping! It was refreshingly funny & 10 episodes were not enough to give it a fair chance.

• Dave Roberts says:

Let’s cut the ABC Exec’s Paychecks. They get paid 20x that of a Firefighter / Paramedic or Law Enforcemnet Officer & they do VERY Little in the realm of life.

• Nancy Stone says:

OK, then why not change Missing to the US !!! We have just as beautiful scenery as Europe, of course not the same but just as beautiful !!! I so love Missing and GCB. I am retired and when they took both of my only 2 soap operas off the air I was MAD, UPSET, P SSED and whatever else you can think of. ABC you stink. !!!!!
        Comment by NESTN.

• Natalie OJ says:

If its costly to produce then why put it on in the first place. Reduce the costs and then air the show & give it a chance. At least it’s a show worth watching unlike some of the many others that just are a waste of time/life. MISSING will be missed for sure.

• Amanda Johnson says:

You are right! I was going to comment that all these people are getting irate over this… If they were running a business and had products that did not sell, no matter how good they thought they were, it would be crazy to keep spending money to produce them. Geez… It is just tv people… :)

• Jessica says:

No its not a charity. My cable bill certainly reflects that. As does all the money I spend on the products that are advertised on the networks. At some point we the people who employ you self righteous ” programmers”should have a say. If ABC/ Disney didn’t learn their lesson after the soap disaster that should tell you something. FYI I have worked in production. I hope companies like prospect park and hulu can phase out these bottom dollar fat cats who wouldn’t know good TV if it hit them in the face. Maybe PP and their online network can grab up some of these shows!! I can’t wait till 4-29-13 when AMC and OLTL reboot on HULU!!!

21. mantua says:

I meant GCB

22. flutiefan says:

seriously, how do i become a network programmer? that is my new career goal. i will say i’m having a midlife crisis, quit my job, and get a new channel going.

GCB was amazing. i am sad to see it go.

23. Sarah says:

Aw GCB and Missing! Too young!

24. Lee says:

Sad about GCB. Bring it back!

25. daveed says:

Not upset at gcb cancelled, it was a funny show, but now the ptc is gonna run this as a victory. Getting ready for the victory speech.

26. Craig says:

Loved PANAM! Wish another network would take it even HISTORY channel.

27. WayneInNYC says:

Boo to the cancellation of GCB. IT was good, silly fun.

28. Lorie says:

Dang! I was hoping GCB would survive. Re: Missing…I’m bummed for Ashley Judd.

29. malcom1985 says:

Missing was a great show. It’s too bad that the fate of a TV show is left to the amount of nielsen box viewers there are and not the total amount of viewers. The show had a pretty good amount, both here in the States and internationally, but of course, that isn’t what matters for some ridiculous reason. Hope to see Ashley Judd on another show.

• APNYC says:

How do you know it had a pretty good amount? From all your friends on the internet? Get real. Nielsen is the only thing close to being able to tell how many viewers watch a program. Look at it this way – if you feel GCB wasn’t being rated correctly, chances are none of the other shows either so the ratio between ratings would be the same. Move on.

• APNYC says:

Also, when a show has “4.3 million A18-49 viewers,” that’s not 4.3 million Nielsen boxes, it’s ‘x’ amount of Nielsen boxes projected out to the US census.

• Ruth says:

Ashley Judd is attached to a film that is slated to begin shooting later this year in Virginia, in an interesting lead character role. That’s all I can share, but keep your eyes and ears open for furthr info.

• Susan Wisdom says:

I loved Missing. Why do they cancel good intelligent drama and leave so many stupid, inane shows on the air.

• Yvonne says:

I love MISSING! WHY???? I think it was aired too early… Maybe a 9:00 time slot would have helped..

PLEASE.. someone pick up “MISSING!!!!

• Sophia says:

Please, my family is desperate for the return of Missing! We have been waiting all summer for the new season and are devastated that it was cancelled. PLEEEEEAAASSSSEEE bring it back and soon.

30. Carmichael says:

WOO HOO! Good Christian Bitches was cancelled! Now Kristin Chenoweth can maybe be in something I’d want to watch.

31. YowzaPowza says:

I’d really like them to let us know about Apt 23 already.

32. Fabe says:

I’m going to miss The River! Me and my friends from school would get together and watch it. I hope it gets picked up somewhere else.

33. Becca says:

So not cool, loved GCB…bring it back!!!

34. kate says:

ugh. GCB was so great, satirical, funnym and light hearted. this sucks.

35. movethatroad says:

TOTALLY disappointed that ABC has let Missing and GCB go! Two of my favorite shows. I think they haven’t given either sufficient time. A real disappointment.

36. Kay says:

I knew it was coming, but it still sucks about Pan Am. I hope something comes from the rumors of it being shopped to cable.

• APNYC says:

I’m really not sure why everyone thinks it’s even a remote possibility for any cancelled show to move to cable. The chances of that are very slim – I can only think of a SELECT few instances where something like that has ever happened, and everyone’s acting like a common occurance.

• Chris says:

Well, it actually is a remote possibility. Cougar Town just did it, and it’s happened to several other network shows in the past several years. However, in terms of actual percentages, an average of maybe two network shows per year make the switch. That might be 2-3% of cancelled shows? And Pan Am is a poor candidate since it’s a period piece that had very low ratings. At least Cougar Town did better than Pan Am and is much closer to going into syndication.

37. Carl T. Gray says:

GCB! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

38. serene23 says:

Loved The River… Had potential, oh well.

• tripoli says:

Agreed.

• Tina says:

I loved The River :( Never saw the other shows but I MUST come to the defense of Scandal. That’s my new guilty pleasure

• jonathon says:

yes i can’t believe how far down i had to go to read a comment about The River. maybe it was because it was expected ratings wise but anyone who stuck with it all season knew this was a show that made it worth it to stay for the ride. An ending that left us wanting more always is nice too. Its a genre that is risky because a lot of people get freaked out by these things but that’s what makes it different too and it was nice to see something “different” on one of the main networks for a change. I watch Hbo, f/x and amc mostly these days but a show like this gets me to watch a network like abc every once in awhile. oh well, back to cable for me for now. Wish Netflix would pick this show up, come on guys its cheap to make and entertaining, how can you go wrong with that mix?

• nikkole says:

i totally agree with u i love the rush in getting alil freaked out with this show it was also really nice to get away from the soap opera’s and love shows. i loved the madness to the river. Wish they’d put it back on i wanted to see where it was going :)

• Tracy says:

I loved loved LOVED The River. I also loved Pan Am, and have been watching Missing. I am really sad about The River, though, because it’s so cool and unique. I wish the producers could sell it to HBO or the SyFy Channel (though that’s NBC’s) or something. I want MORE of THE RIVER.

39. S says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RENEW GCB!

40. lemonaioli says:

I live down the street from “Hillside” Park. At first, I wasn’t sure what to think but then I grew to love the show. Just cracks me up knowing women who are just a few degrees short of those GCBs. Agreed – will miss Cricket Caruth-Reilly too.

41. Jackie Olsen says:

I agree with all who loved GCB! Just a happy, silly show; I’m sure going to miss it.

42. Jarrod says:

Yes! This means there is still hope for Private Practice and Body of Proof! :D

43. Selek says:

I’ll be waiting for NOM and all the religious nutcases to claim victory for the canceling of GCB. Their twisted narrative will be that they succeed in pressuring advertisers and viewers to stop supporting the show. Sadly, it was just not that good, and viewers went to A Game of Thrones. But what ever cranks their make-believe boat that says their magical Sky Fairy™ is now happy.

44. Jenny says:

GCB is my favorite show!!! Noooooo!!!!!

45. Alice says:

Seriously? Shonda Rhimes has 3 shows, and you’re getting rid of GCB? I liked the River and Pan Am as well, but figured both were not producing bang for their buck. But you are going to keep the train wreck that Private Practice has become AND Scandal? Because there aren’t enough medical/legal shows on tv? Ugh.

46. Anon says:

Grrrr! I liked PAN AM. I think it would have done better if it had been on a more “mature” network. Like a cable network. Ugh.

47. eliza bernard says:

Well now what am I going to watch, I was watching 3 of the 4 u canceled, but THANK YOU for bringing Revenge back.

48. Lynn says:

Whatever happened to the Craig Kilborn pilot?

49. Bummed about GCB. I really enjoyed it.

50. Lisa says:

Loved GCB!!!!! So sad it got the boot!! Enjoyed Missing too but will miss GCB the most :(

• Georgee says:

I totally agree! Missing is dramatic and not a cookie cutter show like a lot out there and should stay. And GCB is AMAZING!!!!!!! They both are a breathe of fresh air!!!!!! So sad to see them go!!!

• thedryes says:

I agree on Missisng hell it kept me from watching 30 Rock which was my favorite show on tv and now they cancel it! Well ABC you haven’t had my view since LOST and you won’t anymore after this F*!# Up!