Psych Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Gus' New Season 7 Love Interest!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Parminder Nagra PsychIs Gus’ losing streak in the romance department about to come to an end on Psych? My sixth sense is telling me it is. Well, that and this next scoop.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Wednesday’s cancellation of Alcatraz has freed Parminder Nagra up to join the USA dramedy’s Season 7 cast as a major new love interest for Dule Hill’s forever bachelor.

SPOILERS | Get the Latest Scoop on House, Glee, Criminal Minds, CSI, Once Upon a Time and More!

The ER vet will appear in multiple episodes as Rachel, a beautiful and charming woman who Gus falls for. Seemingly, she is Gus’ perfect girl with whom he can contemplate a real commitment… until (come on, you knew there’d be an “until) it is revealed that she has a secret that challenges his preparedness for a serious relationship.

Psych‘s 16-episode seventh season is currently in production.

Comments (57)

• She has a kid!

Comment by William Hunter (@WillHunter91) – May 10, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, she recovered from the Alcatraz cancellation but quick! Hauser’s loss is Gus’s gain.

Comment by Nicole – May 10, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych scoop! Makes the long wait until October-ish slightly less torturous. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment by Tiffany – May 10, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You heard about Pluto? That’s messed up, right?

Comment by TRICIA – May 10, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of my all time favorite Gus lines!

Comment by Brittany – May 10, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is one of my favorite Gus lines too! This show is so amazing!

Comment by MJ – May 10, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What made it even better is when shawn was dressed as a mascot pretending to be gus and used it

Comment by craig – May 10, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^THIS

Comment by Lindsey – May 10, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best line ever from Gus.

Comment by tvdiva – May 10, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that line too! Thanks for the laugh!

Comment by Cindy Bethel – May 10, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We say this line all the time at home……so good!

Comment by cathy – May 11, 2012 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Gus, don’t be such a gooey chocolate chip cookie.” :)

Comment by Pip – July 12, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prediction: Only good thing that will come from the cancellation of that show.

Comment by heather_kaye – May 10, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prediction: Jorge Garcia will get plenty of work in the future, hopefully in something much better than Alcatraz.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – May 10, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • about dam time Gus got a real love interest

Comment by ggny – May 10, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my god, i love her! this is awesome!
    and i also immediately thought “she has a kid.”

Comment by Jenna Vento (@jvento) – May 10, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Lucy but I’ll take it.

Comment by Tanya (@kirads09) – May 10, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that Gus will have a love interest – This ‘thing’ with Sean and Jewels is getting on my nerves. Is the show staying or is this the ending? I heard the series was going off because the guys didn’t want to continue.

Comment by Mrs. Peele – May 10, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the Shawn and Jules thing, and its not that the guys don’t want to do it anymore its cause they have to grown up sometime and the whole reason the show is funny is cause they act like kids. The 7th season may be the last which is sad but all shows have to end sometime

Comment by Emily Psych – May 10, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, wow. Good for Gus. :)

Comment by Kalie – May 10, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know that’s right.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – May 10, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like the casting, but would rather have alcatraz.

Comment by leahbh – May 10, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me,too. This will be interesting though. Not as good as season 2 of Alcatraz but still interesting

Comment by sarah – May 10, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • man. can Gus ever get a break????

Comment by jackie sampieri (@jackie_sampieri) – May 10, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hadn’t heard Alcatraz had gotten canceled. That sucks I actually really liked that show. But I am excited for Gus to finally have a real love interest.

Comment by Jenny – May 10, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hellooo….

Comment by Valerie – May 10, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by dank – May 10, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the challenge — that she is really from 1963? :)

Here’s hoping Jorge Garcia gets as lucky as Parmes… Padm… er… whatser name?

Comment by Keith Tyler – May 10, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know it was his penmanship that first attracted her. . .

Comment by Don1of5 – May 10, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is too good for this show!

Comment by Marianne – May 10, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or maybe this show is too good for her! This is an amazing show! Tune in, turn on, and get with the program. The more times I watch episodes, the more I get out of it. Nuances, and details. I’m just now finding pineapples in season 1. I get sidetracked by the storyline the first time, and laughing causes me to miss a lot. Needs multiple viewings. It’s rich with content.

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I use your phone? Or do you only let the WHITE PEOPLE use that?

Comment by R.O.B. – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych! I love this show! It’s the Cat’s Meow!

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the things that Psych does that I always loved is Gus’ affection for truly crazy women, so I hope they continue that with this character.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see Gus married with children. I think it would set up hilarious situations with his regular job and moonlighting as a detective.

Comment by tvdiva – May 10, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MC Clap Your Hands finally gets a girlfriend! Love it. Psych is a great show. One of my favorites. Can’t wait for the new season and to see that Henry is ok.

Comment by JoshJacksononOnceuponatimefan – May 10, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know thats right! What?!?!

Comment by andresness – May 10, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is lucky!! all I ever wanted is my very own Gus!!

Comment by Amy – May 10, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awsome!!! really really great news, Im so happy for Gus, he deserves do be happy like Shawn and Juliet are(love them). Im not very sad that the seventh season is the last beacause then James and Maggie can do their thing, the theater and stuff.
    BEST SHOW EVER ON TV, even my 1 year old son loves it beacause Shawn and Gus look so funny.

Comment by Ilona – May 11, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 7 is not the last season(unless the world really does end later these year) they sign up for two more season.

Comment by Michael – May 11, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Gus going to get with a sista! Mira does not count!!

Comment by Lynn – May 11, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone think that she could be a killer and not be able to because the police have ben looking for her for a while

Comment by Jared – May 11, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its about darn time Gus got a leading lady! Poor guy has had the worst luck with the ladies over the years…he deserves some happiness. Hopefully the ‘secret’ won’t be a deal breaker. I love Parminder! Been a fan since ‘Bend It Like Beckham’.

Comment by Natalie – May 12, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the show is going to be cancelled please please please wrap up all of the storylines!!!!! Also are the main characters still dating in real life?

Comment by melissa – May 17, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife turned me onto this show and I’m glad see did. The hardest I ever laughed at a TV show was the super-hero episode featuring Tap Man and The Catch.

Comment by Jim C – July 2, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. We just flipped it on one day and we’ve been recording re-runs on ION ever since!

Comment by Valerie Romanin – July 8, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAAAYYYYY PSYCHE!!!! We have been watching re-runs and more re-runs on ION. And even more. C’mon Psychetober!!!!

Comment by Valerie Romanin – July 8, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the show last year when they thought Lassie shot someone and they were all wasted. Never laughed so hard….. and the donut shot…. these guys kill me.

Comment by Kevin D – August 26, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! The characters and the writing are superb. I live near Santa Barbara where the storyline takes place even though its normally not filmed there it portrays the city beautifully and does the city proud as Gus would say.

Comment by eema – August 29, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love this show, but has anyone else ever noticed all the liberal propaganda? I love lassiters attitude but why do they make him out to be a racist hippie hating ” typical conservative” kind ticks me off as a typical conservative… and what’s with all the prius’s…

Comment by anthony – September 10, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait for itttt…….

Comment by lisa – September 25, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Suck it” in season 7 loll….every episode has a “suck it” moment haha. love Shawn and Gus

Comment by Psych-O – May 15, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post