Breaking: NBC Renews Parenthood For Season 4

Parenthood RenewedThe Bravermans are officially off the bubble: NBC has renewed Parenthood for a 15-episode fourth season.

Although the family drama was listed as a “safe bet” on TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard, the recent cone of silence from NBC about the show’s future — combined with the leak of an unofficial (and likely fake) schedule that had P’hood MIA — triggered a wave of cancellation anxiety across the Twitterverse over the past 48 hours.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Picks Up Jekyll & Hyde-Like Medical Drama and Revengeful Sudser

Parenthood is the second veteran Peacock drama (joining Law & Order: SVU) to get renewed by NBC ahead of next week’s official schedule announcement. NBC also has picked up second seasons of the freshman dramas Grimm and Smash.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. AW says:

VICTORY!

• Pash says:

I literally just shrieked, “YESSSSSSSSSSS!” when I read this headline. OMG, I love Parenthood, it’s the only drama I watch regularly. Thank you NBC for not being a factory of disappointment, now do the right thing and renew Parks & Rec and Community.

• mantua says:

And just to make it even better, now the 5th season seems like a done deal, as well…they’ll have 68 episodes with Season 4, 20 away from syndication and they rarely give up so close to the obligatory 88 episodes.

• Ginny says:

Me too! Love it; so well written, such complex characters; it pulls at your heart strings every episode, including the story lines involving Max’s autism. Can’t wait to see how the family grows this coming season.

• Kay McCabe says:

Just hearing Parenthood was being renewed for another season was the highlight of my TV viewing year !!! I had been waiting for this news since the last episode aired !! This is the best drama series on TV !! This is a quality show with quality story lines. I LOVE this show !!!! Thank you NBC for realizing this is a show that needs to stay on the air. I can not believe that everyone that has a TV is not watching this wonderful show. Hurry Fall ! I can hardly wait to see the first episode !!!!

• GayleStocker says:

Best and most realistic show on T.V.

• Melissa says:

Thank you NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to season 4 parenthood viewers!!!!!!!!

• SHARON STAFFORD says:

Yes, a show that is about the trials and tribulations of one family; no cops, detectives, lawyers or doctors. We ALL can relate to this show. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!

• Sue says:

WOW!! I am so pleased! I never watch regular television, only cable shows, but this makes me happy to watch TV!! I love the Bravermans…..

• Brian says:

This show has changed my life. Real life situations in a time of crisis America. Thank you NBC we need a show like this right now…………A show the wife and I can watch together>>>>

• Joyce says:

That is terrific news!! Love Parenthood…keep it going

• chandra says:

I am so happy, you just made my day , I do not watch any other tv show except this one and I make time for it, because it reminds me of our family! Thank you so much for keeping it going! :)

• nancy says:

AWESOME!!!!! finally they r back im so ecxited they bring this show back great choice. thank you NBC for listening to the people

• Mary Gibbs says:

I LOVE PARENTHOOD! So glad it is being renewed! I am a faithful follower of the Braverman Family! Great writing and the cast is fantastic! I look forward to it every week! Thank you for renewing this terrific show!

• Mary Gibbs says:

Thank you for renewing this great show. I am a faithful viewer! I look forward to this show each week! The writing and the cast are absolutely GREAT!

• adam says:

Great to hear- but why only 15 episodes?? Least amount so far…

• Priscilla says:

This is one of the best programs on TV. I am thrilled to see that it is coming back. I NEVER use the internet to check on TV programs, but this one is worth it. The network got it right this time.
      Thank you form a loyal watcher. Miss P

• Mary says:

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I LOVE PARENTHOOD! I WILL BE WATCHING!!!!!!!!!

• Ginger Wilson says:

yes, I am so happy I thought it had been cancelled and I was mad!!! Thank goodness I love The Bravermans!!!!!

• Tricia Plunkett says:

This is a awesome program! Being a mom of a large family,with all so close,yet so different? I relate on a personal level. Thank You for keeping it!

• Virginia herrera says:

SO EXCITED:)!!!!

• Tricia Plunkett says:

I do not have the words of excitememt! This is one of many NBC programs,that the writing actors come toghter and crecate wonderful progaminging! Being a parent of a family that is close and larger like this one? Helps me relate! Thank you!

• Rosalie Godtfredsen says:

OH MY GOD!!!! I hope they never cancel this series!!!! PARENTHOOD ROCKS!!! It is the only TV show that I absolutely love and look forward to. I can’t understand how series get canceled that are so good!!!! What do we do to prevent this from happening? Maybe I have to ask family to make sure they record every episode on their DVR so it gets better ratings!

• JODIE says:

omg I LOVE THIS SHOW, THIS IS THE BEST SHOW IVE SEEN IN YEARS, THEW JUST DONT MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ANYMORE, GOOD CLEAN FAMILY TV

• scoop says:

Parenthood is such a great show. I watch it every week. So glad it didn’t get cancelled!

• BRADLEY BRAVERMAN says:

COOL KNOWING THAT MY REAL LAST NAME IS BRAVERMAN AND THAT SO MUCH OF THIS SHOW REFLICTS, A LOT OF THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY FAMILES LIFE ARE SO TRUE. THIS SHOW IS A TRUE INSPERATION AND A VIVED TRANSCRIPT OF SO MANY PEOPLE DEALING WITH CERTIAN AND DEVERSE FAMILY ISSUES THAT HELP AND COMFORT MANY FAMILES . SO ROCK ON NBC!!
      THANKS FROM THE ORIGNAL BRAVERMAN FAMILY.

2. Smigglesby says:

It’s the 4th renewed drama, Grimm, Smash, SVU and now Parenthood. Very excited.

3. Caro says:

YES!!! Good news!!! One of the best shows on tv right now. I’m happy it will be back!

4. YES! 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS!

5. PGV417 says:

SO UNBELIEVABLY THRILLED I JUST SCREAMED IN MY OFFICE

6. Chris says:

THANK YOU!!!

7. Kelly says:

YAY! So happy.

8. Meg says:

15 episodes? Is this a shortened final season or doe NBC just think they’re USA or TNT?

• ben says:

Whenever has Parenthood been given orthodox renewals? 13, 22, 18… 15 doesn’t strike me as necessarily a final season, and they haven’t said it is either. I don’t think its intended to imply a decision has been made one way or the other. Also, given rumours of shortened seasons for their existing comedy block, perhaps we are seeing NBC indicate fewer 22 episode shows this year?

• Ryan says:

Season 3 was actually renewed for 16 episodes but NBC increased the order to 18. But you’re right. I don’t take it as a sign of imminent cancellation and I’m not convinced NBC won’t add more episodes to the order once the season premiers.

• ben says:

Yeah, I was being over simplistic, because I didn’t want to write a wall of text, but I agree that 15 isn’t necessarily the final number, too.

• sarah says:

I was just going to say the same thing, depending on how many viewers and also how well or poorly the new shows do they may add more episodes this upcoming season again.

• mandy says:

With all the various pickups of new shows I think they are gonna have a very unconventional schedule with shorter seasons.

• Pash says:

And let’s face it, this is NBC, they need to be testing things out to try to find shows that work so they can stop being a joke (all my favorite shows are on NBC though so I guess they aren’t a joke to me.)

9. Sg.Grant says:

Hopefully they will add on 3-6 more episodes during production next season.

• Robin says:

oo I hope so. I love this show. I’m just so happy it got another season…more episodes I’d like but I’ll take what I can get for now! It is one of the best shows on TV.

10. Lovemyshows says:

Great news!

11. Liz says:

Now we need some Emmy noms!!

• Fabe says:

Yes. I think they are being snubbed! Or everybody is just so high on cable shows that they won’t give an amazing network show like this the credit it deserves.

12. joe says:

Happy to hear,now Abc get with the program and start renewing some shows

13. ggny says:

funny Deadline was just reporting a few days ago that Parenthood wasnt gonna make the 12-13 schedule

14. soarin829 says:

YAY!!!!!!!

15. DL says:

Huzzah! If only it was a full 22 episodes. I can’t get enough Parenthood.

16. Eli says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Though now the last episode of this season turns out to be kind of crappy, damn.

17. Becca says:

Ah I am having a fantastic t.v. day! With the Grey’s originals renewing their contracts, Cougar Town getting picked up by TBS, and now the Parenthood news, awesome! And add in that epic Castle finale that happened Monday…wow my life just sounded really sad. :D

• GeoDiva says:

Subsitute Grey’s news with Fringe’s renewal and I have the same life as you :-)!

• ben says:

For me its subbing Fringe for CT. It’s not been the ideal renewal season, but it’s been close. I’m sad that we are most unlikely to see an Awake renewal – ratings don’t justify it, even if the show itself does :(

• ben says:

Also, I want Harry’s Law renewed. But if it isn’t when NBC unveil their final schedule, is there any chance John Scott could get some episodes on Fringe this year? No?

• gemapet says:

Agree – only thing is TBS programming does not air directly in Canada so I hope one of our stations opts to pick CT up, otherwise I may not be able to see it!

18. Rachel says:

YESSSSSS! :D

19. Christina says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NBC’s best drama and that is a fact. hope more people tune in next year ! maybe NBC can step it up with the promo?

20. Juan says:

Yay, this and Cougar Town getting renewed have seriously made my day if not my week. Too happy

21. sarah says:

So happy but this show deserves a full season!

22. Andrew says:

Does anyone have a link of the leaked NBC schedule?

23. Coco says:

So excited! Hopefully NBC will order more eps later.

24. Amy says:

Why only 15 episodes? I am sad about that!

25. Deb says:

Phew ! Love this show, so glad it got renewed !

26. freddy says:

fantastic i like this show but how is it a veteran when its only been on for like 2 years?

27. bad kevin says:

So happy to hear the good news. 15 episodes for Season Four is fine by me. At least if Parenthood may have the same number of seasons Friday Night Lights had which is five and one word of advice: don’t bring back Minka Kelly back for the upcoming season.

28. jasie says:

Still holding out hope for a last minute reprieve of Harrys Law. It’s on a strong streak the second half of this season

29. rsd says:

Yea, great news!!! But why only 15 episodes? Since when did “regular seasons” become so short?!

30. Laura Buller says:

LOVE IT! My favorite show!

31. Dannielle Sandoval says:

LovEEeeeeee this show!!! So glad its going to be on again!!! Look forward to Tuesdays. I need more Amber and Bob Little!!

32. Lindsay says:

I too am thrilled and screamed at my house!

33. cw says:

Woohoo thank goodness it’s my favorite show.

34. Colorado RN says:

THANK YOU NBC!!!!! This is the show that my friends and I stay home to watch—LOVE it, love it, love it!

35. Jess says:

YAY!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!… um… when will it start airing again?? I miss Parenthood!

36. sjmarciapn says:

Favorite show along with SMASH. So glad it’s being renewed!

37. tami says:

Yay so darned happy! Cant wait till the first episode! :)

38. Debbiw Miller says:

OMG, I’m so excited. One of the best shows on tv. And Smash is an awesome show too.

39. Nitra Barnes says:

So glad to hear about Parenthood and Smash. Great shows both. Would love to see Harry’s Law return as well. Keep us up on that one too.

40. bad kevin says:

NBC still better pick up another Jason Katims-produced series County soon.

41. Jessica Lands says:

AWESOME!!!! Parenthood rocks!

42. Dalne says:

YEAH!!! This is the best show on TV

43. Anne says:

This is such great news, and if it’s only going to be a 15 episode run, I kind of hope they wait to air until January 13th rather than have it be over in February again.

44. Yes YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love parenthood soooooo much!!!! I cant wait to see season 4!!!!

Now lets get this show an award and recognized more :) Thank you NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just made my day :)

45. I’m SO EXCITED! This is my favorite show and I’ve been worried that I’d have to lay it to rest. I don’t keep up with a lot of shows, but this story just captures your interest. I love it. Way to go NBC!

46. Tracy says:

Yaaa this is my FAVORITE show! So excited! Keep it going for years to come pleeeease!!!

47. joaopedromillan says:

now community and P&R. do it.

48. Barbara Kimball says:

Yay!!! Parenthood is the ONLY program I regularly wait for….oh, except for Who Do You Think You Are, which is fabulous, too! Thank goodness it won’t go the way of My So-Called Life decades ago, the only true to life program about high schoolers I’ve ever seen (and I taught high school for 32 years.) Way to go, NBC!

49. Britta Unfiltered says:

Cool beans.

50. Danula says:

Excellent news, excellent show! Can´t wait to spend more time with my TV family!!