American Idol Top 4 Results Recap: Always Gonna Be an Uphill Battle [Updated]

phillip phillips hollie cavanagh idolBody swapping came a week early to Fox. While next Tuesday’s Glee will find the fictional kids of William McKinley High waking up inside each other’s frames, tonight’s American Idol‘s Top 4 results-show telecast brought a number of surprising fliperoos, too.

VIDEO | Idology: Elise Testone on ‘Vienna,’ ‘Whole Lotta Love’ and the Moment J.Lo ‘Crossed the Line’

Joshua Ledet admitted to channeling his inner Phillip Phillips after Ryan Seacrest asked him what language he was speaking during his astonishing Wednesday-night cover of “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World.” Hollie Cavanagh got a taste of what it was like to be Jennifer Lopez when she admitted how “awkward” it felt to just mouth the words and not actually sing while filming the weekly Ford Music Video Indentured Servitude Interlude. And Randy Jackson got to play make-believe rock star by walking down a staged “red carpet” at the top of the show that was filled with dozens of young fans who pretended to be excited to see him.

RELATED | American Idol Top 4 Performance Recap: Lost in the Wilderness

Before we get to results, though, a few thoughts on the telecast:

* I can guarantee I’ll still get choked up when Idol is in Season 27 (you know this will happen!) and they play hometown-visit footage featuring Elliott Yamin’s lovely mom.

* That group performance of “California Dreamin'” just reminded me how much Joshua excels when he’s pushed outside his comfort zone. Hopefully Jimmy or one of the judges gives him an out-of-left field choice for Top 3 week. (Randy, if you’re reading this, choose Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car”! Oh, who am I kidding? Randy doesn’t read!)

* I’m always excited to hear new David Cook music, but “The Last Song I’ll Write for You” might be the hookiest single he’s released in the history of ever. I’ve given up trying to predict what’ll be a hit in a world that’s sent J.Lo’s “Dance Again” into the Billboard Top 20, but if there’s any justice in the world, this is the track that will put the Season 7 champ back on radio where he belongs.

* Speaking of Jenny from the Block, I’m 78 percent certain she gave the exact same performance back in Season 10, except for this time she changed the “words” to the chorus, wore a surprisingly atrocious midnight-blue sequined bathing suit/black tights combo, and managed to work in an extended dance sequence featuring her new boyfriend, Smart Casper. That aside, though, I appreciated the Enough star’s honesty when — responding to Jimmy Iovine’s complaint that Jessica relies too much on “tricks” like growling — J.Lo self-deprecatingly remarked, “The really good singing trick? I wish I could use that trick!”

* Joshua now has two strikes when it comes to unsettling remarks about J.Lo. First, there was that business of him staring at her abs a couple weeks back, and tonight we had him discussing how it was “really hot” that she critiqued him partly in Spanish on Wednesday. Here’s some Spanish-language feedback for ya, Mr. Ledet: NO ME GUSTA!

* And as for Jimmy Iovine’s “spontaneous” reactions to Wendesday’s performances, I have a few thoughts: I’m not sure how Phillip setting down his guitar for this week’s CCR cover was such a huge step in his journey to artistic self-discovery, but then again, I’m not privy to Season 11 voting tallies, am I? Also: I’m glad to hear Jimmy’s overall post-Idol plan for Joshua leans more toward “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” and not so much in the direction of “You Raise Me Up.”

Anyhow, let’s talk results! For those of you who missed it, there was no Bottom 2, only Ryan Seacrest reviewing each contestant’s Wednesday performances — one at a time — then making ‘em wait till the last 10 minutes of the show to make the big announcement. So let’s cue dramatic music, have Keiran dim the lights, and discuss who’s headed to next week’s hometown visit:

Sent Back to Safety First
Jessica Sanchez

Sent Back to Safety Second
Joshua Ledet

Sent Back to Safety Third
Phillip Phillips

Eliminated
Hollie Cavanagh

Was Hollie’s ouster a big surprise? Not really. After all, as the Season 11 dark horse, she couldn’t afford the kind of middling showing she delivered on Wednesday. But that didn’t make her emotional exit performance to “The Climb” — way to bring it full circle from that Season 10 audition, girl! — any less stirring. The kid gave it a good run, and she’ll be missed.

What did you think of Top 4 results? Did the right person go home? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality recaps and interviews, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. HOLLIE YOU ARE MY AMERICAN IDOL <3

• Josie says:

Yes!! me to! You have a great career ahead of you! <3

• jay cross says:

I love Hollie,, i hope she’ll find good records like christina ballad type,, she’ll do great.. she’s so adorable and innocent and HARD WORKING little girl,, she deserves a lot of credit..

• Medic says:

I’m so sick of Jessica Sanchez and her skank vibe (at 16!). Was she getting ready for her job as a Philippino streetwalker with the outfit? Please America this girl has skank written all over her send her home and to therapy.

• Marko says:

Someone really needs a therapy.

• Marsaili says:

You talk like this about a 16 year old girl?? What kind of person ARE you? That is the most disgusting thing I’ve seen on these boards (and that is saying a lot as we have to put up with Jaxguy and his crap all the time!) You should be ashamed of yourself talking about a young girl like that.

• MJ says:

Wow.. that’s just.. Wow.. I think you need some help. I mean that’s the most hateful words I’ve read so far around here. If you’re feeling bitter because of some things that had happened to you I hope you find healing and please don’t be such a bully to people who didn’t even hurt you.

• MJ says:

*those

wrong grammars happen when you’re sleepy :D

• tarc says:

I agree that is really inappropriate.

• wendeeloo says:

A real medic does some good in this world. You do the opposite in this world.

• just sayin!!! says:

what kind of a skank would say things so rude and hurtful about a 16 yr old girl? sounds to me like you could use some major theraphy on learning some control over the hate and anger that spews from your heart….by the way, get your mind out of the gutter, you sound like a pedophile..

• Gina says:

You’re such a hater. I love all the contestants. Please America vote for your favorite. Condemn the racist remark.

• pg says:

wow, i think YOU need therapy. your comment was offensively sexist, xenophobic and racist all in one. that has to be a new low.

• pg says:

not to mention it was disgustingly bordering on pedophilic. ugh.

• Peter says:

She is just as American as you are, ‘genius’! What a pity you can’t be sent somewhere to a RA (racist anonymous) rehab
            Peter

• TinyTim says:

Philip knew he was the one that should be leaving this week, you could tell.

• macy says:

You don’t have any special insight into Phillip’s thoughts — don’t attribute thoughts to him when you have no idea what he was actually thinking. Phillip earned his spot fair and square. If you notice, Jimmy has never talked about signing Hollie.

• TinyTim says:

That it true but Hollie sang circles around Philips, and Jessica and Josh sang circles around Hollie. If Philips even makes the top two and is signed he won’t have the big band they have on the show with him to help his singing.

I hope the best wins the show is all I want, whoever it is. next week if Jessica bombs them I will say it. But let’s let the best singer win the show, so far that is Jessica.

• tarc says:

In you opinion. Which obviously does not agree with a majority of AI voters, or all the pros that have remarked so very favorably about Phillip.

• tarc says:

That’s not how I read that: he was relieved to get through, and sad Hollie had to go home.

• TinyTim says:

David Cook is a more glossy version of Philips, and he can’t sell albums anymore. We need a winner this year that will have a long career, not be a one album wonder.

Jessica has the best chance of a long career so people should vote for her. We have had a lot of Josh’s and Philips on the show already and they have stopped selling.

• MamaLis says:

Really? Who has been a Josh? What are you even talking about? And while I can guess what you find similar between David and Phillip, I don’t think they’re that similar at all.

• TinyTim says:

Josh is an old school soul singer and yes there have been many on Idol. None of the current Idols selling are the old school soul singers, with the closest exception maybe being Jennifer Hudson. I have no faith in Jimmy making Josh into a male Jennifer although there is maybe a chance.

The Josh you hear today will have to be molded into a modern sounding singer like Jennifer became. Many people forget how Jennifer was on the show, she is nothing now like she was then.

Anyway I am happy with either Josh or Jessica winning, but Philips is sick and should be at home resting.

• Peggy says:

Everybody has the right to voice their opinion. I will give you that. Even if they don’t make sense. I don’t think we have ever had a Josh or a Phillip on the show before.

You use David Cook as an example for Phillip. Why? Because they are both WGWG? That is so lame. There have been now 4 guys in a row that have won Idol, but the only similarity between any of them is they are white and they play guitar. If Phillip wins, that would be the only way to compare him with the other guys. They all look different, sound different, have different genres.

Who would be a direct comparison to Joshua? George Huff? Jacob Lusk? Big Mike? None of them are Joshua.

Finally, how do you know Jessica has the best chance of having a long term career? With the music business in the quandry it currently is in, there can be no guarantee that anyone will have a long term career. Especially for a 16 year old girl that has no idea what she is getting in to. So far, all she has done is sing older songs and has not made them sound more current. No matter how beautifully she sings the songs, she has to fit into some genre, and right now, I don’t see one she fits in.

• takakupo says:

;_______; I’m so glad this is the first comment. I’m really going to miss her. I hope some big names take her under their tutelage for a few years and teach her how to let go, perform, hold her head up, use her voice, hold the notes and everything she needs cause has that “It” factor.

• Hollie’s exit from American Idol was the classiest in the history of the show. The way she said goodby to everyone while doing a very good job of singing “The Climb”. Outstanding!

• Marko says:

I love brave girls (don’t forget Allison’s exit).

• darcy's evil twin says:

When I think of Exit Performances I always think of Haley and Allison, and now I’ll think of Elise and Hollie.

• noa says:

totally. those are THE 4 for me!
          and I’m surprised, because even though i liked Hollie, i never would have imagined her being on any list like that of mine. but that was a great goodbye. and at least they didn’t cut her off like with Elise….

• Loni says:

I totally agree, these women rocked their good-bye performances. Perhaps they’re so poignant because their exits make it even less likely a woman will ever win again.

• Peggy says:

I finally decided with Hollie being sent home that I don’t think a girl can ever win this show again. This was the year I fully expected a girl to win because of the great voices in all of them. I started out thinking any one of them could win. One by one, my favorite girls have gone home. I don’t dislike Jessica. I think she is a beautiful girl with a beautiful voice, but I think she is just too young for most of the songs she has sung, not having the experience to fully emote on them. They also dress her way too mature for her age. I really wish she had waited a couple more years to audition. Hollie was the same, but she was beginning to turn it around.

As to great exit performances, I agree that Hollie and Elise gave beautiful and very classy performances, as did Hailey last year and Allison in season 8. I have to add Melinda Doolittle to that list.

• Brigette says:

Agreed. I also loved Casey’s last year. Kissing everyone while he sang– that was hilarious.

• FreeHaley says:

Haley tops but close Elise, Elise was pretty amazing on that exit wow, and then Allison. Hollie’s was really good to a cut above the rest but not in the rarified air of Haley or Elise.

• Peace Maker says:

Agreed. And actually, don’t forget Tamara Gray.

• DG says:

I agree with Slezak that watching Elliott Yamin’s Homecoming footage with his mom will never get old and will always spark an emotional connection from me. It’s like watching Jim Valvano running around the basketball court looking for someone to hug after his team won the national championship….show me that footage every year! Btw….after his mom passed away, Elliott wrote a beautiful song for her- “Someday”. It will make you cry and feel good at the same time…..much like this footage.

• CAM says:

So glad to know I’m not the only one who still gets teary-eyed over that scene. She was a class act. (As is Elliot.)

• Princess Adora says:

Love you Hollie!!! ^_^ One of my favs right from the beginning!

• Bytes says:

So top3..for sure steven will pick song for phillip, joshual will be the dawg, and jesica will be jlo…itll be bad for jesica..goodluck..

• SallyinChicago says:

I think AI deserves a lot of credit. Over all the singing shows on the air, it definitely gives its contestants a large canvas and large platform to get known. Afterwards, the contestants go on TV talk shows, make appearances, do events….it’s just the BEST with supporting its artists. Hollie has a lot to do upcoming. I expect to hear from Elise and Deandre. It aint over folks.

• FreeHaley says:

It’s among the worst and unfair beating some of it’s own down, for no good reason other than to stick to the script or create drama, too though.

2. Do people remember last year Scotty McCreery was never in Bottom 2 until later in the season he was left to the end. Like tonight, Ryan said they were “building” the Top 3. But it still got people thinking Scotty was going home, despite him not even being close to going anywhere. The same thing happened here tonight, they didn’t announce Bottom 2 because it didn’t include Phillip. This is another manipulation by Idol to get Phillip votes. People will think he was Bottom 2 and vote more for him. It happened last year and it just happened again. It’s pretty disgusting. I think Hollie did a great job at hanging on for so long, it was an impressive run, but the other 3 deserve their spots.

• Annie says:

They never announce a bottom two on top four night. On that night they always announce who is going home for the hometown visit. It makes no sense to do a bottom three when you only have four contestants.

• True, they don’t do a Bottom 3, but they chose Phillip for a reason. Not saying he doesn’t deserve a spot in Top 3, because I think he does at this point, just think that there was a reason he was left at the end.

• wickerpark says:

I think they want a PP & Jessica Finale. If you look at google trends they are the 2 leading constestants hence higher ratings.

• TopCat says:

Well I want a Joshua vs. “either on of them” finale as he performs circles around both them. A Jessica/P2 finale would bore me to tears and I’m certain I wouldn’t watch

• G-Mom says:

I agree they they want JL and JS in the top two. I have never cared for either singer’s voice. Jessica yells and Joshua shrieks! Hollie has an awesome tone to her voice. Her delivery was not up to par. I think Hollie showed she was a class act when she was eliminated. I sure hope she gets a recording contract, because I really want her CD! So, I guess I will be voting for Phillip next week because, to me, he is the BEST of who is left. I don’t think, after 11 years’ watching, that I will watch next year.

• G-Mom says:

Also, did anyone notice that, after giving Joshua and Jessica many standing “O”‘s, they couldn’t manage one for David Cook??? Ridiculous!!!

• I’m Sorry they sent you home. You have the most talent of anyone on the stage. The judging was terrible,I for one will not watch the show again. Everytime someone didn’t show themself to the judges they were told about it. You,Holli dear ,did that and they were mad about it?? They don’t know what they are doing,YOU DO! They made it known that they want Josh to win. Which is a BIG JOKE , Next to the save of jessica,now that was a real BIG JOKE. They should judge and judge only. They should NEVER give their opinion of who they want to win. The people should decide,WITHOUT the influence of their comments.

• CkkkkkkkD says:

I bet you said this “i will not watch the show again” last season 8.

• taftcod says:

bitterness…heeyyyy, it’s only a singing contest..GET OVER IT !! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• darcy's evil twin says:

good point, but remember what Colton said in his interview with Mr. Slezak – it’s not a talent competition. It’s a TV show. ;-)

• Gina says:

Stop watching the show if some of the contestants bother you and have to post your negative remarks . Gee… U should enjoy and relax not Put down other contestants. Just love the one you like and leave the others alone.

• Tim says:

Why would they want to get Phillip votes? Another mediocre WGWG winner is their worst nightmare.

• PhillipRocks says:

Wrong. Phillip Rocks.

• Ty says:

put PP singing ability on randy jacksons appearance, does he still rock ?

thought so, tired of the self delusions about PP performances and greatness. He is completely outclassed on the show.

• tarc says:

Not in the slightest bit.

• NR says:

That face is the reason he is still on Idol without it nada

• ILoveMusic says:

Yes he does still rock no matter his appearance. I like a lot of bands with unattractive singers or band members. If they rock it doesn’t matter.

• Mary B says:

Sorry, that is your opinion. I love Phillip and I am not alone. just came home from a confirmation party and 90% of the people there love Phillip. The other 10% were in Jessica’s camp. One of the guys there is a big deal lawyer and he and his wife spent 2 hours last night voting for Phillip. This guy has something special and there is no way you can say he is out classed by the others. He is unique and not a cookie cutter singer. I really like all of them at this point but I can listen to Phillip all day long, not so with the others so fine you have an opinion but that is what it is just an opinion. There are a lot of us out there who don’t agree and can’t wait to buy Philip’s music. BTW, I really loved Holly and will miss her, she was my second favorite.

• Tarc says:

LOL! NA – Like that makes any sense. He sings music that people like and want to hear. You assertion makes no more sense that saying Jessica is still here because she’s part-Asian.

• ben says:

Unfortunately, its true that Phil is probably still around in large part because of the colour of his skin. This is not a racist thing though – it just is what it is. People get momentum by their ‘whole package’. If HeeJun and Philips singing ability were the other way around (for instance) I think HeeJun would still be gone right now, probably many weeks ago. But – If Joshua was white with his voice, I think he might well have gone by now too. Same package thing – not the colour of the skin, but what seems right coming out of a particular person.

• Dubliner says:

I have no doubts at all that P2 is still there because he’s a great musician and a fine singer that the public enjoys tremendously.

• tarc says:

Indeed, Phillip does rock.

• Phil#winning says:

Love me some Phil. He was amazing last night. He was comfortable and seemed like he was totally into the whole winning thing.

• Emar says:

PhilPhillips is still here because it is the9 yearold and the teen agers spending time voting. Common the world is watching is watching America they know who are the best singers.Not saying P Phillips is notgood but there are other singers who can sing betterthan him. He is good looking yes, but this contest isabout who brings the best to the table,and who is best in the world. If he wins then this generation of Americans is really not in forwho is deserving of talent and gift to the world . No wonder American Idol has a history of idols winning with not so great career compared to the runner ups, take for example Katherine Mcfee she should have won,. Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, and the one and only one Jeniifer Hudson who has both the grammy and the oscar. Those idole winners what have they accomplished nothing as big as the one I mentioned with the exception of few like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and David Cook, and a few others but the rest is not a shining star.Why because a good majority of Americans who knows who is best doesnt vote and leaves it to the young teeny girls screaming for their idols good look who spend most of the time in front of facebook and twitter, does not know how to appreciate real talent. Its about time Amrican Idol raixes its integrity by crowning the best and in my opinion P Phillipsis good but not the best and should not win the title of Ameican Idol. It is a toss between Joshua and Jessica thistime I hope the girl wins its about time a girl wins in American Idol….

• Dubliner says:

@ emar – You realize that’s a load of hogwash, right?

• If Phillipp sang for sh–, he would not get a smell !!!!! Same as Jessica,and Josh. The 3 of them are lousy. Definetly the wrong person went home. Jessica should not even be there,she was voted off once,and that should be it !! Josh has the same style ALL THE TIME,just like Phillip,BORING !!!

• donne says:

The right person went home. Common it’s not her time…give her 2-3 years and she will probably make it to the top 3.

• Lee says:

Hahaha, you Jessica-hater. She is in the Top 3, and your precious Holly was sent home.

• Ladyguard says:

Too bad he is such a lousy singer

• Leah says:

I know! That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking for the past few weeks!!!

• Libby says:

There is no stopping the Phil Train. So get over it, peeps. The guy is amazing! You people on this board are the ONLY ones not getting it!! Read the memo, already.

• taftcod says:

what memo?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• The memo came from J LO. Josh is to win, she said that 2 weeks ago ,ON AIR !!!

• jaxguy says:

yea Phil is really popular, because most of his fans never go to coffee house where there are thousands of Phils, only better. But I tell you what, if he wins this thing the audience for AI will continue to erode. The ratings are heading in the wrong direction. Yes part of the trend is the show is getting old. But the other part is America keeps picking so-so winners.
            Scotty won the country vote and god know what everybody else saw in him. His voice got very old for me. Everything sounded EXACTLY the same.
            Lee Dywze, I still can’t figure that one out.
            Kriss over the far superior Adam. Atrocity. And reverting back to last year either final 2 over the much more interesting and great Haley.
            Sure some of Hollie’s fans will not be back, but I see another 2 or 3 million drop in viewership if P2 wins. Many people want the best singer to win. And in this case it IS NOT Phillip. Josh and Jessica are light years better. If I want to see Phil’s type I will go to the nearest coffee house and lay back and have coffee or maybe a glass of wine and chill.
            If a local girl had not been a contestant this year I would have avoided this show after last years debacle. But I wanted to support her if she was good.
            On the way it appeared this was going to be a special year. Some really interesting contestants. But it looks more and more like a WGWG will win again.
            Is it America’s need for safe? It looked that way when Adam lost.
            Does America have bland taste? It looks that way this year.
            AI is no longer special.
            I used to love watching this show. I was a David A fan but accepted David C winning. Couldn’t believe Taylor Hicks won when 3 other contestants were so much better. (America voted for personality only because Taylor was an average singer.)
            Jordan Sparks. although probably not the best of that year, had a great voice.
            The Crystal Bowersox year was no longer a must watch season. I did skim through some of the episodes and decided she should win.
            Now it looks like another Lee D year and this time I won’t watch this show unless someone I know makes it on the show. And I doubt that will happen.
            The only thing that will keep my viewership is a Josh or Jessica win.
            So all you P2 lovers give me crap and I am only 1 person but I am sure there are many others like me.
            And as we drop out year after year the show will be too expensive to produce without the blockbuster ratings. Only I think those numbers will drop by the millions.

• Chris says:

I agree there is no stopping the Phil train-but not because of his “talent”. You say he is “amazing” and I say he is amazingly mediocre. He will likely win (sadly enough) but not because of his “amazing” talent, but because AI has sadly become a popularity contest and not a talent contest. Joshua and Jessica sing circles around this guy and Joshua performs like no other this season and because of that, Josh deserves to be in winner in my opinion. I say all this, and I LOVE the “artist” type (Kris Allen is my favorite AI winner), but P2 just doesn’t cut the mustard in my opinion

• Joe says:

jaxguy – The season Adam and Allison lost to Kris is the season it really all started to fall apart. Daughtry losing was a shock. I remember being sick over that, but when Adam lost? He was the star of the season. It was mind boggling. Since that season America and the fans have been voting for safe. They don’t want to be challenged. They want to like the winner. They want to think the winner would like them if they met him. It’s all so subconscious now it’s unbelievable. The clear thing about this season is we have never seen a vocalist with the God given talent and ability that Josh Ledet has on this show since Fantasia. And I think he might be even better than Fantasia although she had a bit more personality on camera than Josh does. If this show wants to re-affirm that it’s about finding the best singer this country has to offer? Josh should win. Jessica should come in 2nd. She’s almost at Josh’s level, but not quite there yet. Both of them will be huge stars. Phillips CD will be a complete mess and radio and the charts will ignore it outside of the victory song he will inevitably sing at the finale which sells no matter who sings it. Any of his fans who think Idol will let him put out a CD that sounds like Dave Matthews and Damien Rice are high. They will shove treacly pop ballads at him and that will be that. And besides, we’ve seen what happens when he tries to do Dave. He’s a pale imitation. There’s only one Dave Matthews. That being said, this show became about the safe pick. The underdog. The puppy. The bruised peaches. It’s not about finding a star. It’s about finding someone comfortable they can all like without controversy. Phil’s gonna win and he’ll be as forgettable as the boring safe guys who came before him and all his rabid “fans” will move on to the next safe choice next season looking for more ridiculous ways to discredit the truly talented artists this show finds once in a blue moon.

• Leila says:

Wow, Joe, you hit the nail on the head – I hope Slezak is reading your post, it’s genius.

• Dubliner says:

Funny, all I ever see is jaxguy giving Phillip fans a hard time for no reason.

• Ann says:

“mediocre?” nice try. Phillip is far from “their worst nightmare.” Quite the contrary.

• MamaLis says:

Geez, Joe. You’re obviously a very bright guy. You make some interesting points. But you sound like Adam was booted out in the 9th round or something. He came in 2nd – and who knows how close it was! Adam was thrilled for the contract and platform he received and to my knowledge, there’s no sour grapes. He’s a huge star. You also can’t predict Phillips failure. Come on. He’s a young guy. For a Damian Rice or a Gotye, a couple of choice songs can take these guys from an ‘alt loyal following’ into world popularity. You just never know. For me, I love Josh. But you really assert some giant platitudes here dude.

• Perhaps — PERHAPS — another WGWG winner will make them change the voting. Which is why I’m hoping he wins. Of course, with Hollie gone, I won’t be watching, so I guess I’ll have to read about it here.

• Paul says:

Pehaps they want people who will sell records – the last WG got a platinum record – not so mediocre in today’s market.

• pmet says:

I don’t think they necessarily did it to get Philip more votes next week. I think they did it for dramatic effect. With Philip and Hollie as the last two, there was a chance of a “shock” elimination. Ryan even mentioned Daughtry and Durbin to build the tension — waited the requisite few beats — then announced it was Hollie. Philip, since he has been considered the frontrunner and has never been in the bottom 2, simply offered Idol the biggest nail biting moment.

• Tina Lynn says:

Yeah, but I didn’t buy into it, not for a second. I mean, Hollie having a chance over Philip?! Not so much.

• jaxguy says:

He is this years Scotty. We should all stop watching now. If he could survive the butchering of Time of the Season he can survive a Nuclear bomb. I just don’t get it. If ANY of the other contestants had had that bad a night they would be gone.

• tarc says:

Yup, you just don’t get it. Haven’t I been saying that for several weeks now? The cream rises to the top.

• Sandy says:

Scotty never in bottom three? Did i am the one who remember that he was in bottom three when top six last year? When Casey Abrams voted off?

• Mary B says:

Scotty was never in bottom three. Check American Idol on Wiki. It has the whole history of idol since season one. It isawealth of information. Even tells who sung what each week. Interesting stuff.

• pmet says:

I will have to check that out. To my knowledge, the only Idol contestant to NEVER land in the bottom 2/3 throughout the competition and NOT win: Clay Aiken.

• Liz says:

David Archaleta (I know I probably spelled that wrong) was another contestant who was never in the bottom and didn’t win.

• FreeHaley says:

He was never bottom three. I vaguely recall they sneakily worded things once, maybe twice, and had fake bottom three, I vaguely recall he may have been part of the fake bottom three that one time.

• Brigette says:

They only did that for drama, not to get Phil votes. It’s OBVIOUS he will win the whole thing. This way, there was a moment where people may have wondered. Ryan mention Daughtry and Durbin. It was just to make the show less predictable for 2 seconds… and then it was predictable again.

• Kim says:

From a television ratings standpoint, they need Phillip. He is the draw for the main/largest of the American Idol demographic.

• gailer says:

I too believe Idol manipulates votes, but I can’t see Idol wanting another wgwg who doesn’t become big and famous.

• Tess says:

The reason Phillip was left to the end was to imply he was in the bottom 2 without saying he was since he probably wasn’t. The show clearly would like a top two of Jessica and Joshua (they’ve come out and said it via judges’ comments after all) so by leaving him for last it subtlely signals he’s been in trouble like everyone else. Chances are good that P2’s been running away with the votes for weeks now but they don’t want people to think it’s a forgone conclusion he’ll win, hence leaving him to last.

• AIdol says:

yea right, if anything AI is campaigning for a Josh/Jessica finale..you can tell it’s been the judges plan all along with the ridiculous comments they give them “Best Singer in 50 years” seriously give me a break…it will come to kick them in the butts because this years winner has a lot to live up to with the success scotty mccreery has had (and I wasn’t really a fan of his) but I just don’t see either of these two coming anywhere close..

3. Gus says:

I don’t think Idol has had a better final 3. All of them are so talented and real… Now I’m hoping P2 wins!

4. angelstorm says:

Yeah bless her. She did really well to get to Top 4 . . . I look forward to seeing her in concert.

5. Emily P says:

wait, there was something besides David Cook tonight?

• Tiff says:

I really like David Cook, but man, that song stunk. I’m a little disappointed that they didn’t get him better, more interesting material. His voice is better than the songs he sings, at this point.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I’m wondering if he wrote that song or if someone else wrote the material. I wouldn’t say it “stunk”, but….oh heck yes, it was bad.

• Idol Fan says:

He wrote the song – debuted tonight. He is without a record deal now (Sony/RCA contract ended) and under Simon Fuller’s XIX Management (not with AI’s19 Entertainment).

• Ang says:

I agree I love him hated the song!! I didn’t want him to win AI cause then he was owned by the machine.

• deedee says:

Oh, I agree. I love David Cook, and was obsessed with him during his season. But this song was forgettable middle-of-the-road AC rock. Really, really not interesting material. Makes me sad because Cook is better than that.

• D says:

I heard it this morning before he performed it on Idol, and LOVED IT! It’s been on repeat all day! If you don’t like this song, then you probably voted for David Archuleta or Syesha during Season 6 and didn’t like David Cook anyway. This song is AWESOME!!

• David Cook performed his NEW Song LIVE for the first time … his vocals soared through the roof.. his band was polished and professional….Loved it! .. BTW For all ears… David Cook was never in the bottom 3 on AI7!

• ladyhelix says:

…. and Jennifer should NOT be allowed to do that. Ever again.

• D says:

I was more excited about David Cook performing than I was making sure P2 didn’t go home! And I love me some Phillip!

6. Stefanie says:

No, Phillip should have been gone weeks ago. Hollie was growing so much, she was such a beautiful singer. Would have loved to see her in the Top 3.

• Jon says:

Yeah, because Phillip not only was terrible the whole season and only started to improve two weeks ago but also flunked his last performance last night… Oh, wait, that’s Hollie. Too bad…

• To be fair to Hollie, she started out great, hit a snag in the middle, rose up the past couple of weeks and just fubared last night.

The nerve of some people to dismiss Hollie’s whole Idol run.

• Joanne says:

I’m not dismissing her whole Idol run. She had some amazing moments and did some performances to be proud of, but her fans make it seem like she’s had an AMAZING run and that the public and the judges were just bullying her all along, which is not the case. Clearly, Jessica, Joshua and Phillip deserve to be in the final 3 way more than she did.

• Phil-I've Got This Phillips says:

Yeah, and the nerve of some people, with various user names, who continue to mock Phillip. Just because you trash Phillip, doesn’t make your contestant superior. However, I am glad to know exactly who you were rooting for, because it just seemed to me that you were just hoping for a Phil Fail. Sorry for you.

• tarc says:

LOL! I really liked Hollie and appreciated that she worked so hard, but it was the right choice.

• Kill Me Now says:

LOL!

7. Nessie says:

And I’m done watching now. She was the only one left who I liked.

8. WishesRandyCouldn'tSpeak says:

Will miss her so much.

9. Kee says:

The Final Two should be Jessica versus Joshua.

• Stephanie says:

Agreed, let the two best singers duke it out

• Tiff says:

No chance, unfortunately. P2 has this in the bag – he was horrible last week and no one cared.

My hope is that all of the Hollie fans transfer to either Josh or Jess, and then whichever one of them moves on to the finale (I really can’t predict who it would be, even though I’m hoping for Josh) gets the votes from the eliminated singer. That’s the only way for anyone OTHER than P2 to win.

• Scrubby says:

My thoughts exactly, last week he was putrid and skylar went home! Wake up america!! This is not american hottie! Is being hot enough to win a singing competition!??? Hollie was amazing but she needed a couple of years more..

• tarc says:

America is awake, and Phillip was as great as usual last week. I always fid it odd when people think their opion trumps evidence (aka the vote).

• ILoveMusic says:

Scrubby, when you say “he was putrid” do you mean Joshua? Because he definitely sounds just like a cat coughing up a hairball when he gets going on his songs. I stole that description from someone else, but it really fits.

• mimi says:

if being hot was the case, Daughtry should have won his season, hands down!

• Marcus says:

So glad skylar went home after butchering or whatevers worse than butchering fortunate son. I kind of liked skylar but when she sang that I was just like no more it literally made me kinda sick to my stomach.

• Marsaili says:

He was not “horrible” last week—he messed up on the falsetto on one song. Geez.

• Luiz says:

Actually he WAS horrible. REALLY horrible.

• Brigette says:

Also messed up the duet that week. Just sayin’. ;)

• Marsaili says:

No he didn’t—the duet was great! They were a little awkward singing with each other but both guys sounded great!

• Marianne says:

Falsetto??! Well. . .first of all, don’t you recall that falsetto is frowned upon (love me some Deandre), and secondly, that was just up in a slightly higher register. It was hardly falsetto. Remember – Phillip has almost nil range. That’s why “Volcano” worked so well for him last night. Heck, I even liked it.

• Marsaili says:

well, for him it was a falsetto, anyway!

• Marsaili says:

And honestly, Phillip has more range than people give him credit for—I’ve got every single song of his from iTunes and his range (when he’s not performing live) is much greater and his voice is much clearer. I know, people are gonna say—he was autotuned—or whatever. They don’t spend hardly any time on these studio songs, there isn’t enough time to adjust stuff like you would with an album. It’s all Phillip.

• Tarc says:

As we’ve seen, some people around here seem to feel that making things up as they go along is normal behavior. Why on earth would someone say that Phillip needs autotune when you’ve listened to him live and are perfectly aware that he can’t sing very well? Heh, none of these people have ever been in a studio, or even know what autotune is.

• NR says:

He was really bad last week he redeemed himself a little but not enough to shake off that sharp squeaky sound that doesn’t qualify as a falsetto

• tarc says:

@NR – Phillip had one bad song in weeks. Bteween the ladies pikcing songs too old for them and Joshua screeching (though less and less as he works it out), the others had plenty of bad songs along the way. To me, Hollie and Jessica didn’t have a good song this week, and even Joshua went bad twice and missed his minors at the end of the first song. None of these guys are anywhere near perfect.

• tarc says:

So you’re for Phillip and Joshua in the final?

• Then why would those two be involved? Unless it’s best screamer.

• luckyloki says:

Damn right!

• FreeHaley says:

fer sure

• JC says:

I am all for a Jessica Joshua finale but Phillip is unstoppable. Jessica is the last girl standing I’m rooting for her and her fan base seems to be big enough to pull an upset on the finale :)

• pmcd says:

I agree, especially since they are really the only two talented singers left. Unfortunately, very unfortunately Phillip will probably win the whole thing. He was fantastic on Wednesday compared to the week before ( but still mediocre, although Volcano was kind of a neat mellow piece with just the right narrow range of notes).

For the record I feel that Hollie should have been the third person, but it’s not as though Phillip has no appeal. A lot of people seem to like him. Heck I found myself liking him during Volcano until I realized I was supposed to be watching a singing contest.

Philip

• tarc says:

I think you’re missing something significant, as all the votes and accolades for Phillip suggest.

• tewence says:

would it matter what votes say when someone’s personal preference says something different?

• tarc says:

What are you talking about? Pointing out that someone is obviously missing something isn’t even trying to sway am opinion – it’s just highlighting a potential gap one might conisder. Stop being a jerk.

• tewence says:

whooooaaaaa slow down, there. not being a jerk. simple question. you were stating they missed something because of what “votes and accolades for phillip suggest.” and all i’m saying is, they aren’t “missing” anything because it is their opinion. the only fact that votes dictate is that a lot of people voted for a particular contestant.

• tarc says:

And I’ll repeat the obvious: these folks are, objectively and qualtifiably, missing something that a great many people are not. They might not care, but that’s a different subject. I am – as always – being literal.

• tewence says:

that you are stating that there is “something” they are missing infers that there is something that is factually good about phillip. all i’m saying is, there is no objective fact about whether he is good or not…that is a matter of opinion. now there IS such a thing as somebody being not good as a fact.

• tarc says:

And I’ll reiterate that there is a great deal that’s positive about Phillip that is not opinion by any means, but irrefutable, provable fact.

• tewence says:

ok, i will agree with that. he can hold a tune and play guitar.

• CMC says:

Tarc-stop bugging people on this blog who simply don’t think P2 is the second coming of Christ like you do. A lot of us think he doesn’t deserve to be in the top 3. A lot of think he’s not original in any way. A lot of us think his talent is mediocre at best compared to the others. And finally, a lot of us think he is getting by because of his looks. P2 seems like a nice enough guy with a lot of charm but unfortunately that seems to be all you need to lock an AI win.

• Marsaili says:

Oh, and all the people who think Jessica is the end all and be all of Idol and are pushing her in people’s faces are ok? Who are you to tell anyone to stop? We are all entitled to our opinions—don’t like it—don’t READ it! Oh, and your OPINION of Phillip is just that—just because you think it doesn’t make it true. Phillip is an AWESOME musician and I’ll take Jimmy’s and the mentors words over some brat on a message board. He’s in the top 3 because people appreciate his music—get over it.

• tarc says:

And why on Earth would I do that? I couldn’t care less what you think, but I’ll point out that there are obvious discrepancies between your view and what a whole stack of other people (and a lot of professionals) have said. (And we’ll mostly skip the hypocrisy of trying to tell someone else their opinion is wring by trying to enforce their own opinon.)

• Suggestor says:

I like Jessica best, but fine with either Phillip or Joshua going up against her on the finale. A better show would be Jessica vs Phillip just due to the differences. They both seem to enjoy each other’s company. They have good chemistry. Joshua looks awkward around Jessica or Phillip but was quite comfortable around Hollie. Hollie’s greatest appeal is that not many people disliked her. She is adorable, and she could be on Glee tomorrow and she’d be a hit.

• Mary B says:

I was thinking the same thing. She would be great on Glee.

• ClickMe says:

I like the final pair… Jessica and Phillips.. They are always in the same car together *according to Jessica’s twitter – not sure to where and where from…maybe driving back to their mansion after rehearsal..*

10. JDog says:

First! About time!

11. J Lo was beautiful and amazing!

• Mary says:

Glad you enjoyed but I ended up muting the TV. I will say she looked good except she forgot the rest of her outfit.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Jennifer is a breathtaking woman. I think she’s a much better dancer than a singer, but I did like her singing in “Selena”. I’ve enjoyed some of her movies. And she’s demonstrated on “Idol” she definitely has a human side.

• Idol Fan says:

She is a good dancer. That’s how she got started out in the biz (dancing with Paula Abdul in fact)!

• darcy's evil twin says:

She was also one of the Fly Girls (dancers) on “In Living Color”, one of the funniest programs ever on TV. Half the people on this message board would probably have strokes if they watched it and would declare it “racist”, “homophobic”, and a show for “haters”.

• Tommyo2000 says:

It was racist,homophobic, anti-semetic, and one of the funniest shows ever … launced Jim Carey, Wayans brothers, JLO and a bunch of others ..

^this^
            Thank you, Tommy, you’re my new best friend, LOL. One of the satellite channels shows the old repeats and I laugh just like I have good sense when I watch. It was produced by Keenan Ivory Wayans, who was pure genius. It also launched the careers of David Allen Grier and Jamie Foxx.
            And I give that show two snaps, a twist, and a kiss!

• KathyB says:

That’s funny, because it wasn’t her singing in Selena! It was important to the family that it was Selena’s voice for the songs…

• darcy's evil twin says:

Well heck, I guess I forgot that. I’m sure I heard her sing some of the songs herself on late night talk shows and she was quite good – much better than the dance-club stuff she sings.

• pukefest says:

Please tell me you’re being sarcastic

• darcy's evil twin says:

No, I admire her. She’s a hard-working lady. I’m NOT wild about her singing at all. Wish she’d stick to movies. If you haven’t seen her movie “An Unfinished Life” with Robert Redford I recommend it highly.

12. Tiff says:

Hollie was the right person to go. I’m sad about it, because I really liked her, and man, I almost lost it when Josh started sobbing, but she really couldn’t beat the other three after last night.

• MamaLis says:

Nooo. Is that what happened? He is so sweet!

• Lauren says:

I was getting emotional seeing Joshua cry too! You can tell those kids are all so close to each other. And “The Climb” was a really solid last performance – Hollie definitely went out on a high note.

• deedee says:

I know, right? The slobbery tears over Hollie; the flying snot; the huggy hugs — I knew that would happen. So sweet.

• Jaime says:

I admit, I lost it. I could tell Joshua was trying to be cool and then he totally sprung a leak when she hugged them all. They are adorable. He may have won my votes last night.

• Tagrid says:

Oh get real people. Seeing the camera stay on Joshua while he wept made me laugh – at him and at all of the past contestants who’ve gotten all upset when someone gets eliminated. What? Would he have preferred it be HIM to go? OK, so he’s going to miss her… for the next 2 frikkin’ weeks – then the show’s over and they’ll be going on tour together – for 50 PERFORMANCES!! They’re going to be seeing so much of each other they’ll either end of BFFs, or they’ll never want to SEE each other again. Can someone PLEASE remind these kids that an eliminated friend is NOT gone from your life forever – only until the tour. All that teenage angst and drama for nothing – just think through it kids.

13. stacy says:

Would have been less upset if Hollie “lost” to Jessica or Joshua…

• Marsaili says:

How do you know she didn’t? There wasn’t a “bottom two”, Ryan never called it that–he just did it in that order. For all you know, the real bottom two was Hollie and Jessica!

14. Sara says:

I’m not a huge fan of Joshua’s singing, but did it break anybody else’s heart when he watched Hollie sing and he was just crying? Arghhhh lol.

On another note… Go Phillip!

• darcy's evil twin says:

I am a fan of Joshua’s singing and it broke my heart. But Hollie really brought it tonight. Good for her!

• Marsaili says:

It broke my heart as well. I think that these kids are more than “just friends”. There is way more than friendship going on between them—I’m thinking love ;-) <3

• darcy's evil twin says:

I don’t know – it was just so touching, no matter what.

• deedee says:

Oh, I don’t know ’bout that, but there is definitely a deep friendship. Last week, right before Skylar was booted, I could see Josh with his head in his hands praying that it wouldn’t be Hollie. Once Skylar was announced, he looked appropriately bummed for Skylar, but totally relieved his bff was still around. LOL, I <3 showmances!

• Deidre says:

I’m guessing you thought Adam Lambert was in love with Allison Iraheta, too. Ha.

• Marsaili says:

Um–that would be assuming that I think Joshua is gay—which I don’t think that he is—not that it matters at all.

• Deidre says:

It matters because it’s sad that gay men on these shows are forced (or force themselves) to talk about J-Lo’s abs or whatever “straight man” speak they think necessary so that Middle American women will go “Ohh, he and Hollie are so cute, they must be in Looooove” and then hit their vote button repeatedly.

• deedee says:

Err, I doubt that *IF* Joshua were gay, he’d be hiding it for votes. He’s a 20 year old sheltered preacher’s kid, so I can think of about 7 million reasons why he’d want to conceal something like that. Again, that’s *if* he were gay – which … I’m not making assumptions about because I simply don’t know or care.

• Deidre says:

I didn’t say that was the only reason he’d be hiding it. You are not allowed to be gay on AI. Adam Lambert was told he couldn’t acknowledge it until he was after the show. AI wants Joshua to be in the final, so they want him to be as straight as possible so as not to scare away a big portion of their viewership.

• Venus says:

Hollie is female so love not possible with gay Joshua

• Paramour says:

I say to Joshua….Man up! or give her your spot.

• darcy's evil twin says:

It’s kind of refreshing to see someone genuinely care about somebody besides themselves in this day and age.

• crayzforIdol says:

Thank you, DET! I’m so tired of the “is he or isn’t he” talk about Joshua. The kid is humble, enormously talented and seems like a good guy. I, for one, could care less about his romantic leanings.

15. J says:

Best of luck Hollie. I hope she has a very bright future in the music industry. One never knows how things may go. But I wish her the best. I am a fan. Fabulous vocals on “The Climb.”

The moment of the night for me was the last portion of the show. Hollie and her bestie Joshua hugging. She was consoling him. A very sweet moment.

Joshua FTW!

• Leah says:

Well, someone on my Twitter made a great point to me. Hollie’s votes will go to Joshua. Just think… a Jessica/Joshua finale. Now that would redeem the last few years of Idol.

• deedee says:

Hmmm, Hollie’s votes will go to Joshua only from the tiny minority of fans who actually follow the ins and outs of the contestants. The vast majority of voters are casual viewers who don’t know – and don’t care – that Josh and Hollie are besties 4 evah. lol.

• MusicGerrl says:

Everybody I know who has been voting for Hollie will now vote for Phillip or Jessica. I don’t know of a single person who will be changing over to Joshua. I personally am going to split my votes between Phillip and Jessica after voting for Hollie up until now.

• Mary B says:

Like everyone said Skylar’s votes last week will go to Hollie. Nobody really knows where the votes will go and even if Hollie’s fans will even vote for anyone. When my favorite goes home I stop voting. Why would I take that kind of time out of my life for someone who I am not wild about.

• Agree totally. My Hollie votes won’t go to anyone, as even if I watch (which I doubt), I certainly won’t bother voting.

• 5talentgirl says:

Isn’t it bad sportsmanship to diss(like) the whole competition just because your favourite didn’t make it through? Without the contest being staged you may never have known who that person was, so what’s with the ‘I won’t watch it anymore vibe?’ it’s a competition that someone has to win.

• GRL says:

People please remember. The votes dont matter. The producers decide who wins.

• FreeHaley says:

It’s even worse sportsman ship for the refs to rig the contest. Don’t you think sports fans would go insane if hitting the ball over the outfield fence counted as HR for the Red Sox but a double for the Yankees? Or if one team consistently got called safe each time they were out by two steps? Or if a football team was often allowed to have a catch count with only one foot in bounds and the other team sometimes even had two feet down denied as a catch? It does make it annoying and frustrating so I can see why once a favorite it gone people are done with it.

• J says:

I voted all season for Colton, Skylar, Joshua, and Hollie. You bet I’m throwing all my support to Joshua. I agree, I think many Hollie fans will vote for him.

16. MusicGrrrl says:

I thought it should have been Joshua because of the coughing hairballs he does when he sings, but all the top 4 are so good I can’t be too disappointed. I loved Hollie and voted hard for her, but being top 4 in this Year’s great group is quite an accomplishment. If she gets some well written songs to record, she could be the next Kelly Clarkson.

17. Jerry says:

Why do people waste 3-4 hours a week watching this show when you know from day one that the white guy with guitar is going to win every season?

• Holly says:

Good point.

• OneInEveryBunch says:

and to think I was naive enough to think some dumb ass wouldn’t drag race into their post.

• mnoir says:

Yes, let’s cry for the white males who never win reality singing show competitions.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I’m white and I’m offended.
        Oh, sometimes I just CRACK MYSELF UP.
        It’s not about what’s waiting on the other side. It’s the climb. ;-)

I’m white, I’m offended and I’m laughing my butt off, Darcy ;-D

SHUT UP about the WGWG crap already!!!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. All this hater-racist stuff is starting to–to–to–It’s a MAN, MAN, MAN, MAN’S, WORLD!!! ‘SPECIALLY IF HE HAS A GEE-TAR AND IS A LOOKER!!

• deedee says:

A white looker

• Robin says:

Yes indeed…he is a looker! There is a little eye candy clip on youtube of Phil. A 43 sec video of him set to the music of nice and slow…look up…American Idol 11-phillip phillips-do you want to get freaky?…sweet indeed!

• MamaLis says:

Where was there a drag race?

• FreeHaley says:

I have started watching a lot less of it, skipped first half of the season and bits of the rest, basically didn’t watch last week. Only reason I even watched this season is I flipped in half way through to see who made top set for live and Elise dragged me in.

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

I dunno; why do I read these comments when 40% of them are racist/sexist?

• D says:

What gets me are the people who insist that teen girls are the only ones who vote for people like David Cook, Kris Allen and P2. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that they’re white guys who play guitars….it’s because they can take songs and make them their own, appeal to all types of people who take the time to vote for them (not just teens, as everyone likes to blame their winning on) and come across as genuine, likeable entertainers worth paying music for! They are more than robotic vocal boxes with no personality that can hit notes!

• Tim says:

How come none of them have made it big then?

• Joe says:

Shh. Don’t say that Tim. They might actually have to admit that they abandon their heart throb once Fox gives them a new crop of boys to get all gooey for next season. The truth is too scary to face. The good news is Phil’s victory CD is going to make excellent coasters in many houses and fine wooden tables will be saved from unsightly rings their giant glasses of Coke would have caused.

• tarc says:

When you set the conditions to make your point for you, it’s no wonder that you’re right. When there are only a half-dozen people that ‘make it big’ a year across all genres, it is any wonder? If you ask how many of them make a living doing what they love, the answer is all of them – including Taylor Hicks and Lee DeWyze.

• Leila says:

Exactly. Kelly and Carrie are the only winners who made it big, based on vocal ability and either their or their producers ability to pick commercial songs (not that they’re my cup of tea, it’s just a fact).

• tarc says:

And I’d suggest that arbitrary standard is bizarre. Few enough people in the world make a living at performing music, that’s a far more credible standard. To me, any standard that doesn’t catch highly successful people like Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry is simply silly.

• Njloonie says:

The only way PhiPhi is making a song his own, is by limiting the range of the song, in order for him to be able to sing it.

• tarc says:

And Phillip has the same range as half (or mre) of the acts in the iTunes Top 200. Your point?

• Joe says:

Jerry – You win for smartest/best post of the night.

18. Annie says:

I’m so happy that Joshua and Jessica are in the top three. I can’t remember the last time that American Idol had such a talented one two punch. If they are the last two standing, that will be one amazing final performance show.

I like Hollie, but she made some bad choices yesterday. She’s spent the last three weeks in the bottom two, and only escaped it four weeks ago, because of fan backlash against the judges, so she should have known that she needed to pick better songs.

19. kcostell says:

Based on last night alone, Hollie definitely deserved to go home. But then again, by that standard Phillip would have gone home already.

I guess I’m happy with it because a Phillip/Jessica/Joshua top 3 has more variety than a Hollie/Jessica/Joshua top 3, but I don’t really want PP to win this thing.

• My Alter Ego says:

Neither do I, but I’ve seen this coming since Top 13. And it’s not because he’s an “artist” (because frankly, none of these kids are artists!).

20. Jake says:

Just to be clear it was not bottom 2. Jessica all the way!

21. Dee says:

Honestly didn’t notice much except the incredible performance by David Cook!

22. hollie was my favorite. i dont think she deserved to go. but she made it to top 4. thats not a failure in any way. im proud of my little underdog. she will go far :)

23. ashley says:

so was this a bottom 2 or not?! so confused. go pp! jessica and joshua stop growling and screeching, respectively!

24. R-Dub says:

P2 stinks, this was a very sad night. It’s just amazing that he can stink for probably 7 out of the last 10 performances and still makes it through. He’s not a pimple on David Cook’s rear end!

• SuchInsanity says:

Uh sweetie, you do realize it’s 2012. David Cook is awesome but he already won, 5YEARS AGO!

• Scrubby says:

Dude best coment ever!! P2 is hot that is his only redeemed quality, please american idol needs a credible singer, not a hottie w mediocre range! Jessica or joshua 4the win

• Dubliner says:

Or American needs another great Southern blues man. I vote for that.

• Miss Otis Regrets... says:

I can’t recall everyone hating Casey James for his race and sex and guitar slinging… I guess he had the benefit of being in a year before a string of white guys won. So why should PP be bashed now? It’s not his fault for who he is. See how pointless being race conscious is?

• SanDiegoCat says:

Casey James was exactly in the middle of the string of white guys: David Cook and Kris Allen won the two years before, Lee DeWyze won Casey’s season and then Scotty McCreery won the year after. But I personally think it’s so 1965 to not want someone to win based on their race (or gender).

• FreeHaley says:

I don’t they are really complaining about race or gender just the tediousness of the repetition of it all, much moreso considering that they haven’t always been close to the season’s best.

• Marianne says:

Big difference here – Casey James can actually sing.

• Tarc says:

LOL! Well, I recall Casey james being bashed from minute one because he took his shirt off. The same stupid appears again around here when people jabber about contestants succeeding on the sole basis of their looks. Total nonsense. Personally, I was always a fan of Casey james.

• Dubliner says:

I’m not ‘race conscious’, so I have no idea what you mean. From my post, you can see I’m a P2 fan. Joshua is OK, but I don’t like that kind of music.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Tarc – You are correct – Casey was bashed from start to finish. I really liked him and his new CD is wonderful.

• D says:

Casey’s song, “Let’s Don’t Call it a Night” was actually really good!

• tewence says:

lol i don’t recall much about casey james because i didn’t watch that season…i thought it was flop all the way around.

• tewence says:

…or at least what i DID see of it, i thought was sub par.

And that matters how?

• Leila says:

Casey was boring and I still liked watching him better than Phil. At least Casey could sing and play guitar circles around P2.

• tarc says:

In your opinion. And though I like Casey and wish him success, I think we’ll see Phillip being far more successful.

• SanDiegoCat says:

I and my whole family have enjoyed every one of Phillip Phillip’s performances with the exception of Time of the Season. And we’re not going to stop voting for him because of one off performance. He is exactly the kind of music a lot of Americans enjoy listening to. Alt rock with a bit of southern blues thrown in. We would buy his album over screeching Joshua or a diva singer any day.

• Marianne says:

“He is exactly the kind of music a lot of Americans enjoy listening to.” Where, exactly, are these Americans listening to this kind of music? On their car cd players/mp3 players or home systems. They are not listening on their radios. I will be shocked to hear P2 on my radio.

• Marsaili says:

Marianne, we’ve been over this before. I hear music like Phillip’s all the time on the radio—there are 4 stations in the Cleveland/Akron area that would play his music. I don’t know where you are that the radio is so boring—but here in the Home of Rock and Roll, Phillip’s music would definitely be played. Actually, everyone in the top 7 would definitely be played in this area.

• tarc says:

And I’m one large city west of Marsalli, and they’d play Phil all the time here (as they play Gin Blossoms, Plain White-Ts, etc). Of course, who cares what they play on radio, when white guys playing whatever are all the rage on iTunes at the moment – be it pop, country, blues, or whatever.

• Krista says:

“Marianne, we’ve been over this before.” Crack me up, Marsaili. Continue on with the Phillip Love. We have to combat the Phillip “haters,” or whatever the politically correct term is now! Hahaha

• tarc says:

Krista, review the Kreuger-Dunning effect.

• darcy's evil twin says:

you know, when I retired from the corporate world I thought I was finished with Krueger-Dunning.

• tarc says:

LOL! Alas, I wish. I think it’s a new political plank.

• LibbyD says:

Um. No, P2 would not appear on whatever radio station you are listening to. And the screamers would not be playing on my radio station, either.

• Marsaili says:

Um, yeah he would—who the hell are you to say differently? You know, if you people don’t like him–fine! more power to ya! But making up crap to bring him down is mean and nasty and unnecessary. Are you really that mean in real life? Do you enjoy picking someone apart like that? what do you get posting tons and tons of posts of Phillip hate? It’s quite disturbing, really.

• LibbyD says:

Marsaili I was responding to Marianne’s post. Hope you know that! :)

• Marsaili says:

No I didn’t but I apologize–when I answer by email, I can’t see the whole thread so it messes me up! sorry! ;-)

• Dubliner says:

Marianne – The same people that have been voting for him. Are you daft?

• D says:

I couldn’t even get through to vote for P2 last night because both lines were blowing up busy!

• Mary B says:

At the party I was at t last night hey were saying that yet I had no problem getting through. I voted for two hours straight and it concerned me it was so easy.

• Marie says:

Well SanDiegoCat-I’d listen to Josh’s “screeching” any day of the week over P2’s attempt at “singing”.

25. YES!!! Been saying that for weeks now. It would be one heck of a vocal showdown!

26. shelbybb says:

Hollie is adorable and getting better every week. She’ll be great after the full summer tour. Good job sweet cheeks!

27. Mary says:

I’m sad but not surprise due to the song choices last night, wish it had been pp. Hollie has a beautiful voice and her recordings are gorgeous, with the right song she could have a hit, hopefully she will get the chance. My heart ache for Joshua he lost his best friend.
    Hollie exit was fantastic exhibit such class, I have no doubt she will accomplish her dreams. I guess my votes will go to Josh, my second favorite.

28. Pbt says:

Why no PP in the Ford videos???!!!???
    If he can’t do them, he should be sent home.
    It’s part of the job.

Why no pp in the Ford videos???

• Terry says:

He’s actually suffering from very painful kidney stones that require surgery which he is putting off to stay in the competition.

• Robin says:

There’s an article about the supcoming surgery he will have after his idol run and before tour starts …read it at Mjsbigblog…a.site I highly recommend to all!

• Frank O'File says:

He’s been sick, and it’s a concession to his condition.

• Honda Lover says:

Give it up, Pbt. No one is watching those things anyway. :)

29. T_T says:

The right person went home, based on last night’s performance. It was only either Hollie or Phillip anyway but Philip did an amazing job in Volcano. Tough luck for Hollie. Josh-Jess final two would be pure awesomeness!

30. darcy's evil twin says:

wow, the elimination was no surprise, but man was I surprised at my reaction. I am not the type to cry but oh my goodness, I bawled like a baby right along with Joshua. Hollie’s vocals were wonderful and the song was very personal because it was symbolic of her journey, from “Crying British Girl” (remember, we called her that last season) to now. She seemed so confident hugging the remaining three, shaking the judge’s hands, and belting out that last note. That performance will probably become one of my all-time favorites and crimonitly, I have never liked that song. That’s two songs Hollie’s made me like (The Climb and Bleeding Love).

I wish her all the best and I still think she’d be a great “Sandy” in “Grease”. You go, Hollie!

• FreeHaley says:

Yeah it was a shame, at least point if it can’t be Elise, it’s a shame it wasn’t Hollie joining J&J.

• Marsaili says:

Oh I did too, my kids thought I was going crazy for a minute there. I have been rooting for her since her “Crying British Girl” audition—I’m so glad she made it to #4, that is such an accomplishment. Jimmy was talking album with all 4 of them—she’s gonna be just fine……

• Marianne says:

I must have missed Jimmy’s talk of Hollie’s album.

• minikittykitty says:

Me too. That’s why I am a little worried that she might fade out to obscurity. Jimmy has praised her but never talked about what kind of artist/album/career etc he had envisioned for her (I don’t know, correct me if I am wrong). But if Durbin, Pia and Stefano all got contracts……

• Leila says:

Sometimes I feel sorry for Hollie but then I remember, why, this girl has an amazing gift and will make tons of money. No reason to cry for her.

31. Name That Tune says:

Why be sad for Hollie? She is going to have a nice career. Maybe not headed for Superstar status but she is going to be just fine. Good Luck, little princess.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Oh, I am not sad for her at all. She’s had an amazing journey. Her exit was just so touching.

32. FreeHaley says:

Just flipped over to see the end results. Saw J&J safe.
    They certainly deserved to go home! ;)

So yeah, thankfully they are both safe, but the top three is SORELY missing Elise, my god!!!! Two seasons in a row of the worst Idol travesties!

However, great to see J&J there. At least two components are so right.

But I kinda woulda really liked to see Hollie there instead of Phillip but I knew it wasn’t happening. And when Seacrest made the comment about this is when we have often have had shocks as when Daughtry didn’t make it, well that sealed the deal that it would NOT be a shock this time and she was a goner. But I woulda wayyyyy rather Elise there instead.

Oh well.

(BTW if you saw how Phillip reacted, he definitely DOES NOT want to be sent out of the competition as some Phillip haters here keep making up! Even though he is no longer a favorite of mine I still have to say making up stuff about how people shouldn’t vote for him because even Jimmy has said that Phillip just wants to go home and has wanted to be voted off for weeks, come on, gimme a break, that’s Nigel level BS to make up stuff like that. He seems a nice enough kid with a wicked sense of humor and no need to make up phony games to try to get him booted.)

• Marsaili says:

The Phillip haters were just saying that to get people to stop voting for him—to garner more votes for Jessica. All under the pretense of “you would be doing him a favor” Can you believe it??? Well, with some of the constant hate on this board, I guess it really doesn’t shock me all that much—and that is sad.

33. Voting for the 2 J's! says:

Good bye Hollie and Nessie. This was the best possible bottom three based on who was left but I would have preferred Jessica, Joshua, and Skylar. If we get a Jessica and Joshua finale, that would be great. I voted at least 10 times for both of them, sorry I don’t have time to vote for more.

34. justin says:

Hollie is a class act. She was my favorite but probably time for her to exit. I’ll miss her but excited about seeing her in concert and hopefully she will get a deal.

35. My2Pennies says:

Joshua and Jessica are incredible singers with bright futures ahead of them. Both are very marketable although neither is my preference in music. Phillip will make the kind of album I will definitely buy and am anxiously awaiting. Best of luck to them all regardless of who wins.
    I wish others could express their appreciation/opinion of their favorite contestant without the need to degrade the others. Although you can see the lack of intelligence and how much they suck at life with each hateful comment.

• wordgirl says:

agree completely. P2 is my horse inthe race, for sure. I will definitely buy his album and I’ve only done that 2 other times since season 2. Last night, when he sang a song that is the kind he wants to do, not some forced-on-him cover, he was amazing, the way he was with Still Rainin. Jessica and Joshua are both amazing but not the music I would buy or see. best of luck to all. P2 for the win!!!

• ClickMe says:

Agree to this as well..

Btw…. Some people claim that Joshua could be gay judging by his mannerism on the show but how do you judge whether a female contestant is a lesbian?

• jaxguy says:

The crazy thing about Phillip is he won’t sell records. Not that Javier Colon from the Voice is just like him, although he is and a better singer his record has been a monumental flop. Lee Dewyze=Flop. The reason Scotty has been enormous is because the country base will support anyone country. Just look at Carrie. By the way I think she is really good. But her performance on AI This year was not very good. Kelly and Fantasia are interesting singers.
      Rueben Studdard. 1st record Platinum, 2nd record Gold, 3rd, 4th, 5th = Flop.
      Jordan has done ok.
      Fantasia has done pretty well.
      Kelly has done really well.
      Taylor Hicks = Flop
      So history is not on his side either way.
      We will see.

36. Josh says:

Re: David Cook. There’s a lot of upset out there because he’s been dropped by RCA but I actually think this will be good for David and wonder if he doesn’t agree. I actually hope he goes to a smaller, more singer-songwriter oriented label. So though I did not love this album (tonight’s performance was great though), I’m a fan and believe he will be back in a big way.

37. Michael says:

Why the hell is Philip Philips still there. Is all of America tone deaf? The boy can’t sing and should have gone home. Can’t believe it!!!

38. db says:

You’re all knuckleheads. P2 stole the show last night! I listened back to the vocals. Naw, they were all great. Good show. You rock mike. all different, any could win. all about taste not guitars.

39. Terry says:

Yay Jessica!!! Good luck baby gurrrrlllll, hope to see you in the top 2.

• Dubliner says:

P2 did steal the show last night.

• Mary B says:

Notice that Jimmy criticized one of everyone’s performances except Phillip’s. He by far loved the second one better than the first but he also did not down it like he did, Josh and Jessica’s first performance and Hollie’s second. So I guess Phillip was the one who deserved to go home right?

• Marsaili says:

Jimmy is a professional who has worked with the biggest acts in music and has been around for a long time. He knows talent when he sees it—he knows who is going to make it big. If he is that impressed with Phillip, then I think he is seeing something the people who sit around and hate on him won’t see, even if they do open their eyes.

• tewence says:

alas, all it comes down to is personal preference, right? i don’t care who you are in the music industry, no opinion is fact.

• Marsaili says:

You are right, it absolutely comes down to personal preference! Now, I prefer music like Phillip’s and Joshua’s—but even though I don’t prefer music like Jessica’s, I can still respect and like what she does. It isn’t necessary to put her down to elevate what I like–which a lot of people on this board seem to think is necessary. Of course, many of those people have the maturity of a turnip—so debating with them is useless!

• Joe says:

Yeah and Jimmy also admitted he sounds like Dave Matthews on every song other than Volcano which he sounded like Damien Rice. They know they have a problem on their hands because his style is not his own. It’s not original. It’s copy cat and the people he copies from are still platinum selling recording artists who fill stadiums. Phillip will never experience that kind of success once the Idol machine is done with him and puts his CD out. I can’t wait for a year from now to see how much of a flop his CD is and how all the same names have moved on from him to the next WGWG Idol gives them. In fact, the only way Idol could be truly interesting next season is to put 12 WGWG through and let them all duke it out. At least there’d be a hint of suspense.

• tarc says:

@tewence – That isn’t true: the opinion of judges is considered fact – they’re called rulings. The collective opions of scientists can be called Laws – which are also considered fact. Opions range from uninformed, through informed, to expert, to fact (in particular cases).

• Njloonie says:

Jimmie is thinking about future album sales and marketability, so he’s not going to say anything critical about someone that will make him money. In other words, he is serving up the Kool Aid but he won’t say what is really in it!

• Blanche says:

Let’s keep on voting for her Terry..

40. PEB says:

Idol has been pushing Joshua very hard, Jessica fairly hard, once in a while they say something nice about Phillip, and Hollie was overly criticized most of the time. The reason they made it appear Phillip was in the bottom two, was to get people thinking he might deserve to be there, and to put him on more equal footing with Joshua and Jessica who have both been in the bottom groups. Idol needs to let us know who really was in the bottom two. It’s a part of the voting process, and shouldn’t be altered. It was Hollie’s time to go, but she’s very talented, and at 18 years of age has a lot of time to become even better.

41. db says:

One other minor thought, why is it when they sing individually they seemed polished and smooth. When they sing together, seems like none of them can hardly carry a tune…..case for example, tonight.

• Dubliner says:

Americans tend to be self-involved and rarely learn to sing in duos or groups. If you watch any of the singing shows from the UK or from Australia, the people do a great job because they are a lot more social, singing in pubs and such.

• Idol Fan says:

LOL. You must have missed a lot of the American music from the 50’s and 60’s.
        Supremes, The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Isley Brothers, Gladys Knight & the Pips
        THE JACKSON 5, I could on and on…

Ps. There is a new American singing show coming up in the next week or so called… DUETS!

• Dubliner says:

Uh, no. I was speaking of Americans right now in music contests, not all Americans in history. Obviously. Solo work is a major fixation with Americans over the last two decades.

• Mary B says:

True, most of the group performances on The Voice was also not so hot.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Dubliner – I think you have a point. Joshua is by far the most comfortable singing with someone else or in a group – you can tell he grew up singing in a church choir. Some of the best contestants in Idol grew up singing in church. Choir has been eliminated from a lot of public schools due to budget cuts so a lot of kids don’t learn how to sing in a group and harmonize.

There is an American tV singing competition for groups called “The Sing-Off”, and it is amazing. It comes on in August or September. Some of the groups are people that grew up together and formed a group. Some are from universities. Those kids are talented beyond belief and the judges give very precise, techinical criticism and praise.

• Mary B says:

am not possitive but I think I read somewhere that the sing off was cancelled.I

• tarc says:

Pentatonix was the best small a capella group I’ve ever heard (and I’ve heard a LOT). I love The Sing-Off, even Nick Lachey’s awful puns.

• tarc says:

Mary B – The decision hasn’t been made yet about the Sing-Off.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It’s the best singing program on TV.

• Jules says:

I think it was that gawd-awful song, db. Remember, “song choice is everything.”

42. IdolFlash-7-9-35 says:

Okay, I’m stuck. That’s the second time I’ve made a name-based lineup prediction that was proven wrong. It’s also the third time that one of the people I voted for has been eliminated. So next week I’m not voting at all; I would hate to curse Jessica Sanchez (who is this year’s American Idol. Period.) If she doesn’t make the finale, someone will get very, very hurt.

43. sg54 says:

Hollie was my favorite contestant. I watched in anticipation for her performance every week. i guess i will continue watching though, unlike last year where i quit when haley left (besides the last finale where she performed with tony bennett :)) Her voice was beautiful and crystal clear, a refreshing change from the jessica joshua phillip elise, skylar growl club…lol didn’t everyone growl? it is an asset for sure, but not the most important! Yeah, she had some bad weeks, but she also had some amazing weeks, and she never, never gave up. No, haley did not give up either, but she was a strong woman from the beginning. Hollie was younger and more vulnerable, yet she still kept hanging on week after week. Her performances will probably be the only ones i remember from this season. Now, i think i’ll root for joshua 1) He was Hollie’s bff 2) He has a stellar voice and 3) A black winner? Sure, i would have loved for a female winner, but i wanted it to be hollie. but that was season 6. a black winner hasn’t existed since season 2! It’s interesting! And honestly, even though Joshua doesn’t cater to a huge audience, it doesn’t matter. American idol has a better reputation for good artists with great voices. The winners who aren’t so talented, like lee dewyze or taylor hicks, for example, where are they?

44. KP says:

Really hate to see her go, she is such a lovely, talented girl and my favorite. But given the other performances last night I am not surprised, even though I thought she did really well. I look forward to hearing more from her in the future.

45. phil for the win says:

I’m sorry to see Hollie go. Am I wrong in thinking that Jessica just basically copies everything Beyonce does? Also, she just seems like a brat. When she said, “I want a parade,” my dislike for her grew tenfold. It’s called being humble, sweetie. Try it sometime. Ugh, just don’t see her appeal. She’s a great, beyond predictable tiny teen singer. I’m annoyed. Sorry. Go, Phil!

• Idol Fan says:

She is 16 not 25, that is all.

• brandon69 says:

so this is what P2 fans rely on to justify their devotion to the WGWG! Tragic.

• Marianne says:

I’ve never picked up on Jessica being “brat”ty. Saying “I want a parade” – OMG that little biotc*! How could she. lol She’s always been quite soft-spoken, and appreciative of the judges praise and comments. I think she handles herself very well for her age.

• Marsaili says:

She did say she wanted a parade when she was talking about wanting to stick around—but there was nothing bratty about it—heck, if I were in the top 4 I’d be wanting to be around for the parade too! It’s the “Elise has an attitude” syndrome. they have to take something innocuous that Jessica said and making it a big deal out of it. Jessica was just talking about how she wanted to stick around, to be here for the hometown visit and she wanted a parade. The other contestants said they wanted all that too—so I don’t know how Jessica’s comes of a “bratty”.

46. Lea H. says:

I love all four of them, so no matter who went tonight, I would be sad. Can’t wait to see which judges pick songs for which contestants next week, and what songs they get stuck with!

47. Tara says:

Phillip is the next Danny Gokey. Never been in the bottom, but will ultimately be eliminated in the top 3 round.

48. Chris says:

Totally disagree with what Jimmy had to say about Jessica’s “Steal Away” performance, but it isn’t the first or last time I’ll disagree with Mr. Iovine. Jessica you are on your way to gold…then platinum… then :) The will be A TON of Californian folks very happy to receive that little one.

Yes to recording AMMW on Joshua’s first cd but I gulped hard when he said he turned “You LIft Me Up” into a gospel song. First, that is what he’s done a lot on the show and hello Jimmy! It was dedicated to his farther (who is a minister). Let us not forget that’s the kind of music Joshua said he wanted to make. Oh well JL, I’m sure you’ll get that one day. For now he will turn you into a protege of James Brown and I’m 80% OK with that. Take it home to Louisiana!

No doubt the south will be packed with a TON of Phillip Phillips fans and what a monumental moment it will be. I don’t blame you for wanting some good ole’ southern chow in beautiful Georgia. Maybe some good ole’ southern TLC will help heal what’s been ailing him. I loved what Steven said tonight – so true.

Tonight Hollie let her hair down. What a gorgeous voice that little one has. I was OK until I saw Joshua get upset – gah (where’s Seacrest with a Klenex when you need him, poor guy). I have a feeling Hollie will have paths appear for her down the road she never considered. She will rise again :)

I am super excited to see the two Idols who I’ve wanted in the finale for weeeeeks now grace the stage next week, in all its glory.

David Cook’s song was fantastic!!!

*** Enjoy the rock star treatment and have a blast! You deserve it.

49. marie says:

To answer Michael’s question, at this point in such an exceptional season – and actually for a few weeks now – there really ISN’T a right person to go home. I’m enjoying the shows so much lately, I’m just sorry any of them have to go home every week. I just wish we had some more weeks to come of enjoying the performances of this excellent group of singers.
    Although Elise is probably my favorite this season, Hollie really grew on me over time. She had some terrific performances, and she made me really like a song I didn’t care for by the original artist, “Bleeding Love.” She is a wonderful singer, and I wish her success in her career. She deserves it.
    Great seeing David Cook again! He sounded great, and my wife and I really dug the song. Looking forward to his new album.
    Also looking forward to next Wednesday!

50. Tani says:

It was obvios Phillip going home more young girls vote? That’s why the last couple of subpar AI winners who have gone on to recording some albums but no major success like Underwood and Clarkson or even people that should have won like Adam Lambert,Jennifer Hudson.Chris daughty and others.Holly has the best performances over phillip yet she leaves.At least the top 2 singers in whole comp are still their Jessica and Joshua and don’t forget the same young girls voted Philip over Her but she was saved?I didn’t even watch last seasons Finale to me it was the worst bottom 2 ever .If Phillip makes it vto Final2 over Jessica or Joshua u may throw something at my tv.

• Marsaili says:

Um, I’m not a young girl and I’ve been voting for Phillip since we could vote. There are many ADULTS on this message board that vote for Phillip. Your theories are bunk—a Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood is a rare thing, it doesn’t happen everyday or even every year. And most of the Idols from the last few years from the top 6 down to #2 have all done very well—those that are out there doing anything. Really, you NEED to research your stuff before coming on here and making these statements!

• tewence says:

on the flip side, i am sitting here in a hair salon listening to a stylist in her 20s talking to a woman in her 40s, gawking about how sexy he is and how they are so attracted to his “i don’t care attitude” and they have not once mentioned his voice or performing. do i think there are a TON of young girls voting based on what he looks like? of course. do i think there are many adult women voting based on what he looks like? of course. but i also think there are people across the board voting because they like him musically.

• tarc says:

And I’d posit than no matter how he looked, if they didn’t like the music, it wouldn’t matter. As any marketer will tell you based on years of research, the packaging only lasts as far as the initial sale. After that, it’s all about the quality of the product.

• tarc says:

Yeah, there’s no evidence for that. Phil couldn’t have succeeded with such a narrow demo. Sorry.