Fall TV Preview

Breaking: NBC Renews 30 Rock For Final Season

30 Rock RenewedAs expected, NBC has renewed 30 Rock for a seventh and final season of 13 episodes, TVLine has confirmed.

Still no word on the fate of fellow Thursday night bubble comedies Parks and Recreation and Community.

RELATED | NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams Thriller, Ryan Murphy Comedy For Fall

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Tags: ,

Comments (47)

• Wow, I wonder what will be endgame for 30 Rock but looking forward to what will happen in the final season.

Comment by Mary Beth – May 10, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I better see a post that says something like “Breaking: NBC Renews Community…” very shortly, or we are going to have a problem.

Comment by Sg.Grant – May 10, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You and me both, pal.

Comment by Brendan – May 10, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ditto

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto X 2

Comment by Alex – May 10, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • ditto x 3

Comment by Alex – May 10, 2012 02:36 PM PDT
    • COMMUNITY RENEWED!!!!! #sixseasonsandamovie

Comment by Aisaac – May 10, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon, Community! Big money no whammies!

Comment by aleksa – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m..sad

Comment by user – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s been a good run, but it’s definitely time.

Comment by John Berggren – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, if I don’t hear good news about Community by the end of today, I am storming the building

Comment by Nicole MacGregor (@destinoscelgo) – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, please don’t tell me a Community and Parks and Rec confirmation is going to follow. :(

Comment by Nina – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited that us fans get a resolution to all the characters stories. Hope Liz and Criss get to adopt in the end.

Comment by Conor Shanahan (@ConorShanahan) – May 10, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i got a feeling that one of Parks and Rec or Community is gonna be axed and NBC is gonna save the horrible show that is Whitney

Comment by ggny – May 10, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unlikely. The company that owns Community, Sony, will drastically cut the fee that they charge NBC for the show in order to get to 88 episodes. (It only needs 17 more.) Whitney would never be able to cut its fee as low as Community.

Comment by JC – May 10, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure about P&R or Community (though I’m hoping for the best!) but no way Whitney gets renewed.

Comment by Dr. Bombay – May 10, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no way both PaR and Community are going to be axed, no way. They will at least get 13 episode order. I don’t understand why the article consider PaR on the bubble, it’s their second best rated comedy.

Comment by ksica – May 10, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Community has already been picked up in syndication (Comedy Central bought the first three seasons), so it would be very peculiar if they didn’t get a fourth.

Comment by Brendan – May 10, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOW IS THE OFFICE GETTING RENEWED?!?! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Comment by GH – May 10, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I don’t understand why 30 Rock is getting an abbreviated final season when it’s still very funny, meanwhile The Office is unwatchable and seemingly has no end in sight.

Comment by M – May 10, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Office should have ended when Michael left – or even the season prior! It’s just not enjoyable anymore. I wonder if the people at 30 Rock wanted to end it, and as an abbreviated season? I respect shows that call it quits before it gets old (The Office! I’m talking to you!), so I guess it’s ok that 30 Rock is ending.

Comment by Princess Adora – May 10, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tina actually hinted when she was promoting the current season that if NBC still wants them for a seventh, they’ll do half a season. So yeah. It’s more likely that the people over at 30 Rock wanted to end it. At least it will end how Tina wanted it to end. ;)

Comment by Ava Jean – May 11, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • opinions, opinions. i have been an office fan since the british office and i still love it. it has changed and evolved and been through ups and downs. in my opinion it is still hilarious and one of the better comedies on television. along with parks and rec and community.

Comment by murley – May 10, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to believe Parks and Community will stay…

Comment by mst3k – May 10, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not not for 13 episodes. give us FULL seasons!

Comment by noa – May 10, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, a full season, and then another season after that!

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know it’s obvious, but I’m gonna do it anyway:
          Six seasons and a movie!!

Comment by Brendan – May 10, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes, LOL!

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:14 PM PDT
      • Better short season than none. Besides, I think due in part to cable shows, shorter seasons are becoming the norm.

Comment by aleksa – May 10, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still want NBC to renew BENT I so loved the 6 episode we got from that show and it so deserves more! (I now it a long shot but a girl can dream right!)

Comment by Niki – May 10, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We got Parenthood. We got 30 Rock. Now we need Parks and Rec and Community! Come on, NBC! Don’t be as stupid as I think you are! #sixseasonsandamovie

Comment by Leah – May 10, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on. Pleaseee renew community and p&r

Comment by CatLyons – May 10, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tumblr is already stating that Parks and Community were renewed for short seasons next season.

Comment by Abby – May 10, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see just as many ‘NBC canceled Parks & Rec, Community and 30 Rock’ posts – and clearly that’s not the case. I think it’s all just speculation.

Comment by Kerry – May 10, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fans saved Community. Fans have the power, if they will act on it. Keep acting on it!

Comment by rubytu – May 10, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My assumption will be that the rumour or short season pick ups for Parks and Community will be true, that way if their latest batch of pilots fail like this seasons has they can extend and have something to fall back on.

Comment by robangus – May 10, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks & Rec isnt a bubble comedy. Stop calling shows “on the bubble” when theyre not. It’s embarassing.

Comment by Ashley – May 10, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right, why Tvline calls Parks and rec bubble comedy is beyond me.

Comment by ksica – May 10, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news about Community?

Comment by Marco S. (@MarkoS_988_) – May 10, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that’s nice and all, but I want Community and Parks and Recreation! :| I don’t like not knowing, even though I think it’s highly unlikely they would cancel either of them!

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 10, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC better renew Community and Parks & Recreation for their respective seasons soon and I don’t know what the future holds for Up All Night and they better cancel Whitney, Are You There, Chelsea? and Bent.

Comment by bad kevin – May 10, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Alec Baldwin be on the seventh season?

Comment by Me – May 10, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, his deal for next year was finished a few months back, and it was done pretty quietly and under the radar.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah ryt!?

Comment by debbie – May 10, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Liz and Jack to finally get together!

Comment by Ella – May 10, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 30 Rock has run it’s course. Truly, it should have ended a couple seasons back. It is not longer funny.

Comment by H. Munster – February 1, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post