Breaking: NBC Renews 30 Rock For Final Season

30 Rock RenewedAs expected, NBC has renewed 30 Rock for a seventh and final season of 13 episodes, TVLine has confirmed.

Still no word on the fate of fellow Thursday night bubble comedies Parks and Recreation and Community.

RELATED | NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams Thriller, Ryan Murphy Comedy For Fall

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. Mary Beth says:

Wow, I wonder what will be endgame for 30 Rock but looking forward to what will happen in the final season.

2. Sg.Grant says:

I better see a post that says something like “Breaking: NBC Renews Community…” very shortly, or we are going to have a problem.

3. aleksa says:

C’mon, Community! Big money no whammies!

4. user says:

i’m..sad

5. John Berggren says:

It’s been a good run, but it’s definitely time.

6. Seriously, if I don’t hear good news about Community by the end of today, I am storming the building

7. Nina says:

OMG, please don’t tell me a Community and Parks and Rec confirmation is going to follow. :(

8. So excited that us fans get a resolution to all the characters stories. Hope Liz and Criss get to adopt in the end.

9. ggny says:

i got a feeling that one of Parks and Rec or Community is gonna be axed and NBC is gonna save the horrible show that is Whitney

• JC says:

Unlikely. The company that owns Community, Sony, will drastically cut the fee that they charge NBC for the show in order to get to 88 episodes. (It only needs 17 more.) Whitney would never be able to cut its fee as low as Community.

• Dr. Bombay says:

Not sure about P&R or Community (though I’m hoping for the best!) but no way Whitney gets renewed.

• ksica says:

There is no way both PaR and Community are going to be axed, no way. They will at least get 13 episode order. I don’t understand why the article consider PaR on the bubble, it’s their second best rated comedy.

• Brendan says:

Community has already been picked up in syndication (Comedy Central bought the first three seasons), so it would be very peculiar if they didn’t get a fourth.

10. GH says:

HOW IS THE OFFICE GETTING RENEWED?!?! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

• M says:

Thank you! I don’t understand why 30 Rock is getting an abbreviated final season when it’s still very funny, meanwhile The Office is unwatchable and seemingly has no end in sight.

• Princess Adora says:

The Office should have ended when Michael left – or even the season prior! It’s just not enjoyable anymore. I wonder if the people at 30 Rock wanted to end it, and as an abbreviated season? I respect shows that call it quits before it gets old (The Office! I’m talking to you!), so I guess it’s ok that 30 Rock is ending.

• Ava Jean says:

Tina actually hinted when she was promoting the current season that if NBC still wants them for a seventh, they’ll do half a season. So yeah. It’s more likely that the people over at 30 Rock wanted to end it. At least it will end how Tina wanted it to end. ;)

• murley says:

opinions, opinions. i have been an office fan since the british office and i still love it. it has changed and evolved and been through ups and downs. in my opinion it is still hilarious and one of the better comedies on television. along with parks and rec and community.

11. mst3k says:

I really want to believe Parks and Community will stay…

12. Niki says:

I still want NBC to renew BENT I so loved the 6 episode we got from that show and it so deserves more! (I now it a long shot but a girl can dream right!)

13. Leah says:

We got Parenthood. We got 30 Rock. Now we need Parks and Rec and Community! Come on, NBC! Don’t be as stupid as I think you are! #sixseasonsandamovie

14. CatLyons says:

Come on. Pleaseee renew community and p&r

15. Abby says:

Tumblr is already stating that Parks and Community were renewed for short seasons next season.

• Kerry says:

I see just as many ‘NBC canceled Parks & Rec, Community and 30 Rock’ posts – and clearly that’s not the case. I think it’s all just speculation.

16. rubytu says:

The fans saved Community. Fans have the power, if they will act on it. Keep acting on it!

17. robangus says:

My assumption will be that the rumour or short season pick ups for Parks and Community will be true, that way if their latest batch of pilots fail like this seasons has they can extend and have something to fall back on.

18. Ashley says:

Parks & Rec isnt a bubble comedy. Stop calling shows “on the bubble” when theyre not. It’s embarassing.

19. Any news about Community?

20. Well, that’s nice and all, but I want Community and Parks and Recreation! :| I don’t like not knowing, even though I think it’s highly unlikely they would cancel either of them!

21. bad kevin says:

NBC better renew Community and Parks & Recreation for their respective seasons soon and I don’t know what the future holds for Up All Night and they better cancel Whitney, Are You There, Chelsea? and Bent.

22. Me says:

Will Alec Baldwin be on the seventh season?

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Yes, his deal for next year was finished a few months back, and it was done pretty quietly and under the radar.

23. Ella says:

I want Liz and Jack to finally get together!

24. H. Munster says:

30 Rock has run it’s course. Truly, it should have ended a couple seasons back. It is not longer funny.