Fox Renews Touch For Season 2

Touch RenewedKiefer Sutherland’s Touch will see a second season.

Although a Fox rep declined to comment, sources confirm that the freshman drama has been renewed despite mediocre ratings.

RELATED | Fox Orders 5 Series For Fall, Including Mindy Kaling Comedy and Kevin Bacon Serial Killer Thriller

Touch joins returning Fox dramas Bones and Fringe. Alcatraz and The Finder, meanwhile, have been axed.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

1. Quincy says:

13 or 22?

2. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Alcatraz was sadly cancelled. Expect the update in a few minutes.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Sorry it’s not official yet but as I understand it its as good as dead. Sucks but oh well. Congrats to Kiefer and everyone else involved. I didn’t like the show much but am always happy when shows get a chance.

• Susie Brown says:

Thank you FOX for recognizing a decent show that wasn’t reality TV which I have no time for. This show has feeling and is a “happy feel good” show which is what I like to watch after so much negativity and doomsday on the news all day. As a foot note I did enjoy Alcatraz and am sorry it was cancelled, but for the sacrifice of Touch – I’ll take it!

• candy says:

I love touch it is a great show I’ll be devastated if it ever gets canceled.

• Awomen, Susie. Once I found this show, I watched it on demand. I watched the whole season in 2 nights. There simply MUST be more shows like this. More seasons, PLEASE.. and 22 episodes per season, not 10 or 12.

• Tate Daniel says:

It’s now April the 7th, I’m up to Episode 10 of Season 2, I absolutely LOVE it!! I’m a 29 year old male, and I can say this without feeling embarrassed, the show has made me tear up almost once or more every episode.. Especially when Jake shows his new emotions through touching Martin’s hand, acknowledging something Martin says to him, the latest, a smile after Martin tells him “she’s part of this family now” The show has great strength, and I’m very interested in what’s to come.. It’s opening doorways, and pathways within my life and mind, the very subject being Human Beings with God-like qualities/abilities, reminds me of a certain truth, that every human being has the potential to harness God-like qualities, for we create the universe and beyond, only we are caught in that collective-consciousness, which has become unconscious of it’s omnipotent status.
          I will stay open, alert and awake. I will remember what particular stimuli stands out in my waking life, and link it to any other happening, past present and future in order to keep that natural beauty in motion. Eventually potentially allowing my self to be an instant creator through thought.
          (”;)

3. Kate says:

I’m happy about this! I started watching late, but I really like it. It’s a refreshing change of pace in a sea of medical, legal and crime procedurals.

4. George says:

Touch audience is not returning for season 2. Fox starting over again with an even weaker lineup. Last Spring I would been singing Fox execs praises if they had Renew The Chicago Code. Which was clearly filling a void for complex crime drama. Which has been vacant on broadcast for sometime.

5. Dean says:

Out of all the freshman FOX dramas this season, I’m glad this one got renewed. The episode structures have gotten a bit predictable and repetitive but I still see a lot of potential in it. Plus, it’s nice having Kiefer Sutherland back on tv on a weekly basis, even with his character’s penchant for yelling “Jake!” every episode.

6. I really like this show so I’m very happy about this. As long as Kiefer can still fit the 24 movie into his schedule

• Carol says:

I agree!! I loved Touch! Many times our lives touch other lives and many times it is for a reason!! Can’t wait for season 2 to start again!

7. bad kevin says:

More Kiefer. More Bauer Power.

8. tvdiva says:

I really enjoy this show and am glad it got renewed.

9. Cwrayman says:

Touch is a great show and I am glad it will be back next year!

10. D says:

AWESOME!!! This is a FANTASTIC series in a sea of Realty muck and non uplifting TV

11. jf2go says:

This is great news! Touch is one of the most unique and uplifting shows on TV. Can’t wait for Season 2.

12. Jo says:

This show stinks and with Tim Kring in charge it will only get worse from here.

• Alienate says:

True.
      I only wish they renewed The Finder instead.

• Fiona says:

This show is wonderful, it is waking people up to how we truly are all connected. It is uplifting and “touches” on many aspects of humanity’s challenges in a unique and sensitive way. I am really sorry you don’t like Touch. It is a beautiful show.

13. Robin says:

Omg! Really? Yes! So happy…i really like this show, and I kind of didnt think it had a chance to be renewed…Great news!!

14. ria says:

when will it renew castle…. its killing me not knowing it…especially after Monday’s finale

15. Temperence says:

I just hope they figure out how to change things up somewhat – Keifer just has to be bored out of his skull repeating the same six lines twenty times and episode. I like the show, but the adults have to be mad after saying “Jake!” seventy-nine ways.

16. Polly says:

tim kring better build a temple devoted to kiefer sutherland.
    with any other actor as the lead, this show would’ve been canceled after 3-to-5 episodes.

17. Lorie says:

I like this show, but I still haven’t decided if I’ll return to it in the fall.

18. Lola says:

The ratings did not warrant this pick-up, especially since it’s a first year show. But it’s nice to see Fox giving a show room to breath and grow, even if a. I hate the show and b. it’s only getting it because of Sutherland.

19. I do like Touch. I think it is so beautiful how they show the connections and that the smallest thing affects someone else’s life – often unbeknownst (is that a word?). Think it is a very fresh, positive and uplifting thing to do. I am perplexed at why they took the Danny Glover character out so soon though (hoping that will be explained in greater detail sooner rather than later). Also concerned for Martin’s continued custody of Jake. Guess it will continue to play out. Wonder how long a show like Touch can continue in this day and age of spoon fed faux reality crap, “burst into song” musical shows and mind numbingly bad “comedy”. Touch may be too sophisticated to appeal across the board for good ratings.

• Fiona says:

I too wonder at how long Touch will stay on, because of its human aspect, about how we are all connected. It’s done in such a loving way. I love how everything gets connected in the end. I hope it stays on for a long time. We need more shows like this!

20. Just want to add – the boy who plays Jake is truly amazing! Knocks my socks off.

21. Drew says:

I wanted to like it, but the writing on this show is truly horrible. They should get a new showrunner and revamp it.

22. Jules says:

Respect Keifer Sutherland …but I’m honestly tired of TOUCH- who basically is “24” 2.0…a bit too similar…lost interests..
    But good luck next season..bcuz that will be the real test of survival with all the scheduling(rescheduling mixup) that the network may redoo…
    …but honestly with the end of House…I’m on the verge of boycotting FOX overall…or possibly, DVR only the Simpson /Bob’s Burger(if they don’t cancel it)..

23. MLO says:

Great! Another season of of Keifer running around saying “I think he’s trying to tell me something.” Sorry KS – love you, dislike this show. I will forever think of you as Jack Bauer with a big gun. ; – )

24. Jan Sterling says:

really like this show – different format

25. g says:

I am very glad the show gets second season.
    Way to go Keifer!
    Allways true on quality!

26. prosperanda says:

Touch is an intelligent show. It focuses on ideas that are essential to bring us to a clear understanding that we are ALL in this adventure called life together. I am really happy to see FOX make a thoughtful decision.

• Paula says:

I am so happy that FOX is giving this show another season! I think that my reasoning will sound really dumb…..but this show kind of reminds me of Joan of Arcadia…..not because the shows are similar….but because it is a show that my entire family is engrossed in watching….and it becomes a family viewing show. We connect during the show because we are all watching together….and Keifer? What can I say…..he’s the man!

• Skb says:

Well said. Great show, great season finale. Can’t wait for season 2.

27. Joanie says:

I love it…it’s the only show I watch. I hate other predictable dramas. I hope it’ll be on a long time.

28. gfhadfgkjh says:

I think the reason that Touch is getting a lot of hate is ebacause peoplearen’t sophisticated enough to watch it. I understand what;s happening on the show, and I’m glad it’s getting renewed for Season 2.

29. MBurns says:

Have you ever thought about, how you end up where you do? When you pass the street you planned to go down, and now you get to your destination via a different route, to find out later that there was a really bad accident that happened about the same time you would have gone down that road.
    The show “Touch” puts all of the pieces together, and makes you think about how we are part of a bigger picture. The next time things don’t go as planned, there is a reason.

30. P.A. says:

Didn’t watch 24 so I don’t know if Touch is like that. I love this show because it’s smart. It is not the “no brainer” BS reality that the TV networks became so sickenly lazy doing. It’s interesting and makes you think of all of the possibilities normal people do not see. Love Keifer Sutherland. Looking forward to the second season.

31. P.A. says:

One day I needed to go to my local home improvement store. I’d just moved to the neighborhood. As I left my apartment, I decided to stop at the liquor store for a soda. Then… decided to pick it up on the way back. Twenty minutes later on my way back, the entire block was surrounded by dozens of police cars, crime tape and there were two dead people inside…. but for that moment. Touch is a show for people who enjoy really thinking. For those people who don’t…. there’s always The Bachelor.

• Hiway Dave says:

Please. Touch is spoonfed, repetative and uninspired. “I think that Jake is trying to tell me something.” “This is going to sound crazy, but we are supposed to meet.” “The number ### just has to mean something.” OK Kiefer, take those three lines and make them happen.

I had high hopes for Tim Kring and Touch but I can’t say that I’m jumping for joy about season two.

On the plus side, it’s not another mindless reality show.

32. I never got into the whole (24) thing, but on a whim I decided to start DVR’ing Touch when it first came on TV. I’m glad I did. Once you got past all the necessary explanations and introductions of characters the show takes a deep turn that makes you think about yourself and your impact on things around you, big or small. I just finished watching the season finale and I have to admit that I am greatly anticipating season 2 and all it has to offer.

33. Marilyn Vice says:

I am thrilled that it is being renewed. You cannot miss an episode since they are all tied into each other. The final episode was awesome. I love how all the puzzle pieces fit together in the end. Keifer is fantastic as well as his son. So happy!

34. Donna says:

I love touch. It’s a good show and it keeps me interested and waiting for the next episode. I couldn’t even follow Alcatraz. I tried to watch a few shows, but it just didn’t catch my attention. I’m thankful that they are going to have a season 2. Now if someone would please bring back The Unit, that would be great.

35. Thiago Marra says:

Touch’s idea is rich and powerful. Obviously is difficult for those who used to see KS as mighty Jack Bauer now watch him follow a kid, trying to guess what he says. However, for me this is great! Nothing more then Touch’s overall message: little things make big difference because we’re all connected.
    But, I agree that they could try harder to void some annoying repetitions like dozens of “Jake!” and “buddy”.
    Even not being perfect, this show is truly much better than all that we’ve been seen around. Touch definitly deserves another seasons.

36. Liz Hunter says:

Thank you for something so new and refreshing!! I loved the first season of “Touch” starring Kiefer Sutherland and can hardly wait for the second. It’s fascinating and it’s intelligent with excellent acting. When does the second season start?

37. Shellee says:

Just finished the TOUCH season finale tonight on Netflix. We watched it within two weeks as a family, and just loved it. It was fast paced with a fascinating and intricately woven story line. We couldn’t get enough, and we are so excited to read here that there will be a second season! Hurray Fox!!

38. Dimarys Rosado says:

Touch is an awesome show about life and the way things happen for a reason. Why is Fox channel always canceling great shows?

39. Mig says:

Yes, it’s somewhat predictable but I end up watching every episode and enjoying it. Same thing with Castle. Proof that entertainment doesn’t need to be violent or stupid.

40. Farsi A. says:

RATINGS WERE MEDIOCRE? I don’t believe it, this show is amazing and deserves a couple of great seasons! Continue on!

41. Julie says:

Loved KS in 24, but he was a tad bit annoying in Touch. His dialogue being said unneccesarily out of breath-ALL THE TIME, with the exasperated swallows/gulps???(I can’t explain the noise) in between breaths. But, of course, I watched it every week, lol. As repetitive as it was, it had nice little stories in it :)

42. Brad smith says:

If you can be patient through the repetitive parts, the ends of each show really are inspiring and clever. I have experienced some oddly coincidental encounters that seem more like the universe wanting me to meet a person for some unknow reason. This show gives us the reason. Now if only the universe could tell me why I ran into that tennis dude that teaches dance three different times in three completely different sides of Phoenix/Scottsdale. Ps. The season finale made me tear up. I like that in a show.

43. mjzrawr says:

OMG Touch is my all time favorite show. I really can’t wait for season 2 to come out! when will it start again??

44. Judi P says:

I Love Touch. Just wish KS didn’t have to call “Jake’s” name so often. The show makes us think and reminds us that we are all connected in some way shape or form. So glad Touch was renewed. Way to go Fox……

Froggypatton

45. ady says:

Touch is intelligent tv. Excellent story line (intelligent, intriguing, thought provoking), wonderful acting. Currently my favorite show on tv. Looking forward to mny more seasons.

46. Sheila Brothers says:

Touch is such an intelligent show…I love it…looking forward to Season 2!!

47. Tony says:

For someone like me, who is a single father to an autistic boy, it is such a relief to be able to watch a show that in part resembles mine and my son’s lives and yet lets me go into a fantasy world where the source of our daily stress (the autism) delivers miracles through Jake. Thank you for season 2.

• dd says:

You are so right. I have twin boy nephews who are autistic and this show provides inspiration as well as an educational platform. Good luck to you and your son.

48. jon says:

I know some kids with special needs who’s brains work like Jake’s. It is great to see a network take a chance on a show with character that doesn;t fit in society’s mainstream. It is a great show, can’t wait to buy the DVD.

49. what time and channel does it come on. TV guide doesn’t have it coming on at all and fox says thurs at 8 but it wasn’t last i checked. can someone help me out here?

50. jpotosme says:

Thanks ……………………I loved this show is good…………………