Exclusive

Exclusive Awake Video: Has Britten Found 'The Little Guy'? Or Is He [Spoiler]ing?

When Alias alum Kevin Weisman makes his debut on NBC’s Awake this Thursday, it’s an understatement to say that he makes a big first impression — and TVLine has a first-look clip of his character meeting Jason Isaac’s Detective Britten.

As seen in the video below, Weisman’s mysterious alter ego suddenly appears in the back seat of Britten’s car after the detective has a session with Dr. Lee.

And then he vanishes. Then … well, you’ll see.

And while this stranger wards off Britten’s trained pistol by insisting he means no harm, he isn’t exactly forthcoming with his identity or origin, either. Except to say… again, you will have to hear it for yourself, by pressing PLAY below.

My long-standing theory: Weisman’s character is “the little guy” mentioned by the hobo back in Episode 2, the suspect who when Britten started flipping through mug shots, made Captain Harper get awfully fidgety. (Back when Weisman’s casting was announced, it was said he’d be playing “Mr. Blonde, a mysterious man who will haunt Jason Issacs’ character in both worlds.”)

Per NBC’s synopsis for this episode, “A strange dream disrupts Britten’s ability to switch to his other reality and the appearance of a mysterious man causes him distress.”

Hit comments with your own theories!

1. jasontmcd says:

I sure hope NBC doesn’t cancel this show. I look forward to it every week.

• me too! Detroit 187 and Chicago Code were awesome. Personal favorite, Prime Suspect. Ahh the strong female lead. So scary to a network!

• Carol C says:

I *so* agree with you on CC, PS, and of course, Awake. Still hoping it’ll be back (even if not too likely) – it’s my very favourite show! NBC, go for quality.

2. TaMara says:

I love this show. I still say he’s in a coma and his ‘dreams’ are him trying to figure out who tried to kill him. Of course I thought LOST was going to be a show about people trying to get off an island, so what do I know? ;-)

3. What others said… this is a great show! Keep it, NBC!

4. Linderella says:

Last night I saw a commercial on NBC for ANOTHER reality show (something about crazy dating) and the first thing I thought of was Awake and how it so deserves to be renewed. I really don’t care so much which reality is the real one (Rex alive, Hannah alive, or some other scenario) – it is the journey that is completely fascinating. Awake is smart, fresh, and addictive. It is definitely must see TV!

5. stromboli says:

No hope for renewal, but I love this show.
    Fantastic acting, good crimes, visually arresting. Just solid all around. Like Detroit 187 last season, I know these shows won’t get renewed, but I want to shout out kudos to everyone involved.
    Just putting it out there! :)

6. bad kevin says:

Kevin Weisman better have his own TV series soon.

7. ibexpercussion says:

My theory: both Hannah and Rex are dead, and he is living in both non’realities to keep from coping with the total reality.
    Just my 2 cents.

8. zaza says:

You’re killing me, smalls! This show is so darn good. I’ll cry if they don’t renew it.

9. steve says:

This show has it all – tremendous acting (Jason Isaacs could win the Emmy in a full season), intelligent writing, and heart. NBC keeps wanting to jam it into a standard procedural slot instead of letting it expand into a psychological mystery/detective story. More and more reality shows and comedies ad nauseum. Is anyone at AMC, SyFy or Netflix interested in keeping this fascinating tale awake?

10. ln419 says:

This has been such a great show all season (well, 1/2 a season), WE deserve more of this great show, not LESS great shows (and more garbage). I don’t care who survives in which reality, I’m invested in both and would love to see what the writers come up with to engage me and make me feel and think and suprise me. I’m in it for the great ride. I don’t want the ride to stop, and seemingly many others want the ride to continue too. To NBC, I guess your decision will be announced in 4 days, but cheers to Kyle, Howard, and the Great and Powerful Wizard of Isaacs, cast and crew!

11. ung says:

renew!!!

12. William says:

i like this show, but you have a better chance of walking on water then this thing being renewed. just look at all of NBC’s pickups already… it hasn’t been renewed yet, it ain’t gonna be

13. Sharon says:

Wtf why is this show going away. I love this show. I make sure I watch it live not on my dvr cause I can’t wait to see it. Will they leave us hanging. Just like Prime Suspect. Why even show them to us. What’s next SVU. Keep Awake on the air please.

14. jt says:

At least now they won’t have to fit a four cylinder overhead cam camshaft in a twin cylinder pushrod Triumph

15. T. GUCCI says: