Desperate Housewives Series Finale Photos: [Spoiler] Reunited? Very Final Scene Revealed?

“My name is Mary Alice Young….”

ABC’s Desperate Housewives will conclude its eight-year run this Sunday at 9/8c, and from the look of these series finale photos, the two-hour swan song — titled “Give Me the Blame”/”Finishing the Hat” — will feature drama of the legal, familial and medical varieties, the hint of a romantic reconciliation (We spy someone holding hands!) and a callback to one of the Wisteria Laners’ favorite pastimes — a friendly poker game. Do you think the sudser’s very final frame will in fact be of the ladies playing cards, with so many years’ worth of highs and lows behind them?

RELATED | Juicy May Sweeps/Finale Spoilers on Revenge, Castle, Grey’s, Private Practice and More!

Per ABC’s official synopsis for the series-ender, “Trip begs Bree to tell him what really happened the night of Alejandro’s murder as her trial begins to go south and it looks like she’s about to be convicted; Gaby tries to come up with a solution that will take the burden off of Bree; Susan tries to keep the sale of her house private until she’s had a chance to break the news to the ladies; Katherine Mayfair (played by Body of Proof‘s Dana Delany) returns to Wisteria Lane and offers Lynette an intriguing job opportunity – which could end her chances of reconciling with Tom; the women all agree to take care of Mrs. McCluskey when they discover that she wants to die with dignity at home; Susan finds herself at wit’s end when Julie goes into labor at the most inopportune time; and Renee is shocked to discover that, as their wedding nears, Ben has been arrested and thrown in jail.” Whew!

Will you be tuning in to hang with the Housewives one final time?

Comments (28)

• CAN’T WAITTTTTTTTT! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY FAVORITE SHOW IS ENDING on SUNDAY! :(
    but I’m so happy they bring Katherine back! She was always one of my favorites!

Comment by Lucy – May 8, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!

Comment by ingmarhappy – May 8, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show until Susan started vacuuming on the internet in her underwear. That story line was so dumb they lost me forever.

Comment by Shifty – May 8, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • aaaand yet you still watch and find time to post about the show?

Comment by Shifty fan – May 8, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not happy it is finishing this is my favourte program. I am going to miss it. I really love all ladies.

Comment by fh – May 8, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I haven’t watched this show since the time warp in 2008 and have started watching again this past January.

Comment by Mary Beth – May 8, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope they don’t end it with the ladies all playing poker…this scene was already done to perfection in another series finale, star trek:the next generation!

Comment by Nick – May 8, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yet another wes brown cameo — he’s been busy this spring — private practice, hart of dixie, scandal, and now desperate housewives. Wow! hoping he gets a lead role sometime – just love him!

Comment by alikatster – May 8, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so sad, I can’t believe this show is ending after so long, I will miss it

Comment by Juan – May 8, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So gutted DH leaving us all what to do now?? Gonna miss u girls come back soon!

Comment by Charlotte – May 8, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d just like to know what happened among the ladies that caused a rift so vast that Teri Hatcher was excluded from all the series-ending festivities. None of the other ladies included her in their candid farewell photos and she even had to be photoshopped into TV Guide’s cover photo. Really, girls. Life is too short to act so childish.

Comment by VJW – May 8, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @VJW
    She wasn’t in the photos because she couldn’t attend the party.

Comment by crimtv – May 8, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you read the DH news on other sites, you will learn that the ladies presented the crew with gifts – without Teri. They didn’t even include her name on the card. She didn’t attend because she wasn’t welcome.

Comment by VJW – May 9, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Teri Hatcher was at an ABC event according to People…there is no ill feelingstowards Teri Hatcher

Comment by Arnold Sartin – May 13, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last scene won’t be the poker game. Marc Cherry has said from the beginning that the last scene will be have just one character in it, and that he has had that scene written from the very beginning.

Comment by Cody – May 8, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we will find out that Mary Alice is still alive that the entire show has been a dream.

Comment by Anne – May 8, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better have Tom and Lynette end up together! His girlfriend is beyond annoying!

Comment by Melissa – May 8, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In reruns, i will never watch this last season. The worst season of the show. The 2nd and 5th season look greater than this sh-t

Comment by Fernanda – May 8, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet you the final scene will be a flash back to when mary alice first moved to wisteria lane, probably looking around at the street and saying ‘I think i’m going to like it here’
    LoL, ok, maybe I didnt put it so great… but you never know.

Comment by Peter Fraser-Bodenham – May 8, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last scene will be it was all a Dream. Nicolllete Sheridan (EDIE) wakes up and goes to take a shower and finds all the other housewives already in there.

Comment by billybob – May 8, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am gonna cry so bad at this finale like when Friends ended :(

Comment by JC – May 8, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope and pray that the viewers return to see them go out on a high. It would be such a shame if it only got a 3.0 for the finale. You would like to think regardless that fans of the show early on will return to see how it all ends. They deserve that. To 8 great seasons. Going to be a really sad night of television with the Once finale on in front of it.

Comment by greysfan – May 8, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only we can extend the show to more seasons.

Comment by The Buskalo Kid – May 8, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching, more out of loyalty than interest though. They lost steam this year and there were a lot of medicore episodes this season. But have to give them credit for providing a mostly entertaining series for eight years.

Comment by Angela – May 9, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad that the season is ending, I have watched this show from the beginning & I am very disappointed with this season but I do hope the show ends with a bang!

Comment by Teresa – May 9, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see what happens. Sad to see my favorite ladies going off the air… I feel like I have become part of the Wisteria Lane family.

Comment by Megan – May 12, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Brothers and Sisters and now Desperate Housewives. Sunday nights will never be the same. Luckily, I own all the seasons thus far on DVD so I can always have the ladies at my fingertips. As for not being able to watch the final episode due to work schedual, TG for DVR. Thank you for eight great years of entertainment and good night to the cast and crew to one of the best tv series since Twin Peaks.

Comment by The_Wolf – May 13, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have recently started a web site, the information you provide on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Comment by red bottoms – August 13, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post