Exclusive: Syfy's Rewind Pilot Adds Lost's Jeff Fahey and Director David Cronenberg

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jeff Fahey David CronenbergLost alum Jeff Fahey and director/sometimes actor David Cronenberg (The Fly, A History of Violence) will guest star in Syfy’s drama pilot Rewind, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Not Going to Series

The project — directed by Lost vet Jack Bender — features a team of military field operatives and civilian scientists who use untested technology to travel back in time in order to change the future and avoid a devastating terrorist attack. The action thriller stars Shane McRae (Four Kings), Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider), Jennifer Ferrin (The Cape), Robbie Jones (Hellcats) and Keon Mohajeri (Canada’s Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures).

Cronenberg — who has appeared on Happy Town and Alias — will play a brilliant scientist and Nobel Prize winner who becomes unhinged after his wife’s death. He comes up with a dangerous plot to change the course of history. Fahey is a former NASA aerospace engineer with Zen-like wisdom who serves as the spiritual backbone of the time travel team.

Rewind is currently in production in Toronto.

Comments (19)

• I loved this show. When it was called 7 Days.

Comment by Patrick – May 3, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked it too…when it was the remake of the Time Tunnel

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 3, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you are going to list David Cronenberg’s credits, you must start with Scanners. One of the greatest movies ever. “We won”

Comment by JoshW – May 4, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still hate Syfy for canceling Eureka… and I love Lepidus… that is all.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – May 3, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a fun show. I like Eureka and Warehouse 13. And I liked Happy Town. Sad that it didn’t catch on. They didn’t even do a whole season!

Comment by rubytu – May 3, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Five years is a good run for a show on ‘cable’ TV. Budgets get strained as the years advance, while revenue generally stays stagnant (it is, after all, the SyFy Channel). Be happy having a glass half full.

Comment by Bob – May 4, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true, especially if one is a rational person. When it comes to tv shows, I want it all :) But, you’re right, of course.

Comment by rubytu – May 6, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch this for Jeff Fahey’s performance… if the show grabs my like, I’ll keep watching.

Comment by Wormhole – May 3, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No chance of me watching another SyFy show ever again… I’ll keep watching Eureka and Warehouse 13 until the end but I’m tired of them getting me hooked on a hit show and then pulling the plug long before they should have. I’m sure there will be other great SyFy shows but I’d rather not know what I’m missing than have the rug pulled out from under me.

Comment by Bob K Mertz – May 3, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was a little sad about eureka ending, but it’s looking like it’s going to be a great final season. I’m ok with it.

Comment by leahbh – May 4, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should also be watching Lost Girl. Truly amazing show with great cast and chemistry. Plus more Canadiana to boot!

Comment by cinephilactic – May 4, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right! I LOVE Lost Girl and Kenzi has become one of my favorite tv characters ever, she’s hilarious. Also, some of their new shows sound pretty interesting. I’m looking forward to what syfy has next.

Comment by leahbh – May 4, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It looks like a good show but that is really my point. After them pulling the plug on Eureka so abruptly I don’t want to get hooked on another show. Maybe 5 seasons of Eureka is acceptable but when they sign and announce a contract for 2 additional years and then all of a sudden pull the plug on one of those years while not even notifying the cast and crew (leaving them to find out on the internet just like everyone else) it’s just enough to leave a sour after taste.

Comment by Bob K Mertz – May 6, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. It’s not so much that they canceled it (although I don’t understand them canceling it either) it’s the way they did it. They didn’t give anyone any notice. The writers, the actors, No one. This season was already done filming when they announced it was over. I anticipate a lot of unresolved stories and totally unsatisfying plot lines for the simple reason that nobody knew they had to wrap everything up because it was ending. It’s disrespectful to the fans, the cast and the writers.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – May 7, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Syfy has no say in Lost Girl’s status. Lost Girl is produced by the Canadian cable channel Space. Syfy is a secondary provider. So they can’t cancel it.

Comment by Jesse O. Barstow – May 28, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That pic of Jeff Fahey has to be about 15 years old. I saw him on a Sci-Fi movie the other night and he looks way more grizzly (but he still has those gorgeous blue eyes).

Comment by Snsetblaze – May 3, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture of Fahey is just a few years old since it’s a photo from Lost.

Comment by LostFan4815162342 – May 4, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the pilot Vik Sahay was originally cast in, but turned down to shoot a film.

Comment by Bprott – May 9, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is rewind coming back on or what, I haven’t seen anything about it Was it a one time thing. I hope not, every time syfy puts a good show on tv they cancel it after a few seasons. All the shows I loved to watch on tv like, Stargate sg1, Eureka and Lost girl and many more was cancelled. My family and I use to watch syfy all the time but now we watch it once in a while, Shows that really suck, they keep on the air, Whats up with syfy anymore.

Comment by Charles – August 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post