Ratings: SVU Rises, Revenge Steady, Mixed Bag for The B—- In Apt 23, Betty White Takes a Hit

Get More: News, Ratings

NBC actually had a not-too-bad Wednesday night this week, as Law & Order: SVU and even Rock Center With Brian Williams saw increases.

SVU, with guest star James Van Der Beek, drew 6.5 million total viewers and rose a tenth to a 1.8 rating, giving the Peacock its best demo numbers in that time slot in 12 weeks. Rock Center‘s special featuring President Obama recalling the bin Laden raid rose double digits to 4.2 mil and a 1.0, enjoying its largest audience in over 12 weeks.

Alas for NBC, the 8 o’clock hour saw some problems, as a double-pump of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers averaged 5 mil and a 1.3, down 15 and 24 percent week-to-week.

Elsewhere, on what was, like Tuesday, a rather soft night….

8 pm | American Idol was down just a hair week-to-week, with 16.3 million total viewers and a 4.6 rating. Survivor (9.2 mil/2.5) dipped a bit to a new series low. ABC’s The Middle (6.6 mil/2.0) returned down a tenth to a season low, while Suburgatory (5.8 mil/2.0) was steady.

RELATED | American Idol Top 5 Tackle ‘British Music’ and the ’60s: Who Were Your Faves? Vote!

9 pm | Criminal Minds (11.4 mil/3.0) was flat, while Modern Family (9.95 mil/4.0) slipped a tenth to a season low demo. The B—- In Apartment 23 (5.9 mil/2.4) was up versus last week but down 8 percent from its most recent airing after a fresh Modern Family. Top Model (1.05 mil/0.4) dropped 20 percent in the demo.

RECAP | Revenge: Worth a Thousand Words

10 pm | CSI led the hour with 9.7 mil and a 2.3, down just a hair. Revenge followed, holding steady at 7.1 mil/2.1. SVU placed third.

What were you watching this Wednesday?

Comments (23)

• DVR’d Modern Family and Dont Trust the B- hope they are good.

Comment by Leigh – May 3, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Each one had some truly amazing laugh-out-loud moments.

Comment by Zack B – May 3, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the pilot of Apt 23. But since then, they have completely altered Ritter’s B. In the pilot she was a clever sociopath, albeit one that was willing to work with a favored inner circle. Now she just seems like a needy, self-centered girl who isn’t that bright. It feels like a bait and switch. What made the character, and thus the show, so appealing, has been toned way down. Plus, the JVDB character so amusing has also been turned down. Both are more likeable within the show, which makes them less watchable.

Comment by Patrick – May 3, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. I’ve found myself continually disappointed every week with Apt 23, I found the pilot to be really fresh and witty but unfortunately I don’t think the following episodes have quite measured up

Comment by jenna – May 3, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I thought that this episode was the best so far.

Comment by Russ – May 3, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be watching Apt 23 if not for their not-very-witty-but-extremely-sexist title.

Comment by Marcus – May 3, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s sexist. It’s a phrase that another girl uttered in the pilot about that character.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 3, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched this show for the first time last night. However, I only watched about 5 minutes of it only to see KEVIN SORBO. I won’t be watching it again, ever.

Comment by Velvet – May 3, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Van Der Beek was on SVU this week? I thought he wasn’t supposed to be on until next week? I was looking forward to the SVU episode where Finn’s son returns, which I thought was this week.

Comment by robinepowell – May 3, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s also on Don’t Trust the B- in Apartment 23, so I think that’s why they were showing his picture.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 3, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t watch nothing last night especially if I was tuning in to see Game Three of the Rangers-Capitals series that ended in triple overtime thanks to Marian Gaborik game winning OT goal.

Comment by bad kevin – May 3, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge was AWESOME last night!

Comment by Ella – May 3, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched Criminal Minds and Revenge. Missed CSI and SUV because of Revenge but I’m going to watch them online. I also watched The Middle and Suburgatory.

Comment by Patsy – May 3, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say that I’ve really enjoyed the last two seasons of CSI. Ted Danson brings something to the mix. And last night’s episode was really excellent.

Comment by rubytu – May 3, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge was really good last night, im glad the ratings stay steady in 7 million but i wish it would increase go to 8 or 9 million this show deserves that many people watching.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – May 3, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope ABC gives Apt 23 another shot next year like they did with Happy Ending. Sure the show has some problem but those can be fixed no problem and im sure ABC doesnt want Dreama Walker/Krysten Ritter/JVB gobbled up by other pilots

Comment by ggny – May 3, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. All three are too good for ABC not to want to hang on to this. The post pilot shows REEK of meddling, probably by agents or publicists. Ritter has been toned down, and Walker has become the driving force of the story lines. Walker should be the set up person, while Ritter knocks them down. Rather than Ritter getting nicer, the show should be about Walker getting more like Ritter. They should be partners in shenanigans, rather than trying to redeem herself. The whole thing reeks of agents meddling to try to make their clients more hire-able for the NEXT series, rather than this one.

Comment by Patrick – May 3, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I think the show should have June being more like Chloe, which is kind of what happened in the last episode, but Chloe got jealous. It was my favorite episode so far. They should continue that theme, rather than have Chloe get nicer.

Comment by Mikael – May 4, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was Van Der night!

Comment by Juan – May 3, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor had it’s best episode of this season! Too bad more people weren’t watching.

Comment by dan – May 3, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apt 23 was great last night! Show cracks me up every week.

Comment by Kristina – May 3, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Betty White and I thought I’d watch her in anything, but I hate hidden camera prank shows. Of all the shows to give her! What a load of junk. Who’s idea was it to turn America’s sweetheart into Howie Mandel?

Comment by TV Gord – May 4, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post