TVLine Items: Ferrell to Host SNL, Glades Gets Return Date, Horror Story Eyes Sevigny and More

Former Saturday Night Live standout Will Ferrell will return to Studio 8H to host this season’s penultimate outing, airing May 12 and featuring musical guest Usher.

This marks the big-screen star’s third time as host since he left the cast in 2002.

As previously reported, New York Giant Eli Manning will host on May 5, alongside performer Rihanna. SNL‘s Season 37 finale is set to air May 19 (with host TBA).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• A&E has announced that Season 3 of The Glades will premiere Sunday, June 3, at 9/8c. That will lead into the 10 pm debut of Longmire, a contemporary crime thriller based on novels by author Craig Johnson and starring Robert Taylor (The Matrix), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica), Lou Diamond Phillips (Numb3rs), Bailey Chase (Damages), Cassidy Freeman (Smallville) and newcomer Adam Bartley.

Big Love alumna Chloe Sevigny is in final talks to join Season 2 of FX’s American Horror Story, playing a nymphomaniac who is a mortal enemy of Jessica Lange’s new character, EW.com reports.

• Betty White has booked a guest spot in the Client List‘s Season 1 finale, People reports. She’ll play a woman who gives Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Riley some advice on making a marriage last.

• TVLand has ordered 12 more installments of Fran Drescher’s Happily Divorced, per Deadline, bringing the comedy’s sophomore season to 24 episodes.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Late Night TV, TVLine Items

1. bad kevin says:

Really wanted to see Will do George W. again on May 12th. :-)

2. wrstlgirl says:

THE GLADES!!!!

3. Elizabeth says:

Wahooo The Glades is back! Seems like forever since it’s been on. Time for A&E to start reairing last season so fans can rewatch and new folks can catch up!

4. Rebecca says:

Finally The Glades has a date!!!

5. Lorie says:

I’ve anxiously been waiting for news on The Glades. Finally! I, too, hope they re-air last season. Yay for Happily Divorced. It’s a cute show.

6. Guest says:

I love the Glades and I love Matt Passmore! However I am not sure if it will fair well at 800pm. It was perfect at 900pm. However at it is the summer I am sure it will still do good!

7. Sue says:

The article said The Glades is on at 9. Not 8.

8. Juilet says:

Yayayyay the glades<3

9. B says:

Yay! Can’t wait for the Glades I need my Jim fix!

10. bad kevin says:

On the May 12th edition of SNL with host Will Ferrell, I really wanted to see a Celebrity Jeopardy! skit with Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery but my two other “dream celebs” would be Abby Elliott as Katy Perry and Jay Pharoah as Denzel Washington.

11. A says:

LOL it seems like every character is Jessica Lange’s mortal enemy

12. Winnie says:

I love the SNL news as well as the American Horror Story news!

13. Deidre says:

I just saw a comment by Taylor Cole “I hope the fans won’t hate me too much”. I will say I’m just one little fan but in my opinion. The fans are used to Jim wandering away from Callie. We have to realize it’s the way it is written. You are a beautiful talented woman. I am a Kiele fan. I looked in on a couple of episodes. He was attentive to her at first. He now seems fascinated by Jen. Not unexpected. I am one fan who won’t hate you. If anyones they might hate the writers. Wish you the best. I don’t expect you will get the same hatred as the Sam character.

14. Dory says:

I had decided my new way to view the Glades would be—–Don’t read the ep schedule avoid promos and Good Grief don’t read cast tweets. They are about private matters. Don’t know what they mean and eavesdroppers may find out something they don’t need to know. Carlos tweet about DL was certainly my tiebreaker. I,m going to take the show one ep at a time. I think I’ll enjoy it more.

15. Dory says:

season 3 now in. Not bad. I didn’t mind the BC. Season 2, a B List piece of crap. Why race cars and stepping out of character? Why shaky head actors who can’t act. They don’t need busloads of girls to show how sexy Jim is. We heard the PR on that. Have a special and put all that in an informative format. I’ll watch.

16. Dory says:

I don’t get the comments of more Jim on the screen. He dominates the screen. He’s always the best looking and often surrounded by beautiful or at least good looking gals. How much more do you want. His support are nice looking but not comparable in looks. Of course he is the star and drives the bus. That is too be expected. I like him lot but OMG enough already.

17. Dory says:

I love Callie, Jim & Jeff. I trt not to watch the promos but this am I saw Jeff chewing out Callie. Are these writers going to let Jeff interfere with their happiness. We,ve other women. a convict husband, callie’s career. Could they cut a break and let them have some happiness. It is REALLY getting tiresome.