TVLine Items: Make It or Break It to End, L.A. Complex Repeat Ratings Top Premiere and More!
Make It or Break It is coming to an end.
ABC Family not-so-subtly announced this week that the current third season of the gymnastics drama will be its last when new promos touting the upcoming season ender featured the words “series finale.”
Showrunner Holly Sorensen also took to Twitter to confirm the news, writing, “We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of MIOBI.”
Make It or Break It‘s closer airs Monday, May 14 at 9/8c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The CW’s repeat airing of L.A. Complex‘s barely-viewed premiere actually fared better than its debut outing. The Canadian soap’s Wednesday telecast delivered 721,000 viewers — up from the 600K who watched the opener.
• Sterling Sulieman (Vampire Diaries, All My Children) will play the cousin of the deceased (?) Maya in the upcoming third season of Pretty Little Liars, per TVGuide.com.
• Encore will debut its two-part crime drama, Thorne: Sleepyhead and Thorne: Scaredy Cat, on Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13, respectively. Starring David Morrissey and Sandra Oh, the series centers on a detective who possesses “an unhinged desire” to discover the identities of killers.
• Sundance Channel’s upcoming hour-long scripted series, Rectify, has cast the first of its characters. Per Deadline, Abigail Spencer (All My Children), Clayne Crawford (The Glades), Jonah Lotan (Generation Kill), J. Smith-Cameron (True Blood) and newcomer Adelaide Clements have joined the drama, which centers on the yet-to-be-cast Daniel Holden who, after 19 years in prison for rape and murder, is released when new DNA evidence comes to light.
• ABC has decided to shelve its comedy pilot Counter Culture following last week’s on-set injury of star Delta Burke, Deadline reports. Margo Martindale, Doris Roberts and Ken Howard were also set to star.
• ReelzChanel has ordered a second season of Steven Seagal’s drama series True Justice.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?