TVLine Items: Make It or Break It to End, L.A. Complex Repeat Ratings Top Premiere and More!

Make It or Break It is coming to an end.

ABC Family not-so-subtly announced this week that the current third season of the gymnastics drama will be its last when new promos touting the upcoming season ender featured the words “series finale.”

Showrunner Holly Sorensen also took to Twitter to confirm the news, writing, “We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of MIOBI.”

Make It or Break It‘s closer airs Monday, May 14 at 9/8c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• The CW’s repeat airing of L.A. Complex‘s barely-viewed premiere actually fared better than its debut outing. The Canadian soap’s Wednesday telecast delivered 721,000 viewers — up from the 600K who watched the opener.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes!

• Sterling Sulieman (Vampire Diaries, All My Children) will play the cousin of the deceased (?) Maya in the upcoming third season of Pretty Little Liars, per TVGuide.com.

• Encore will debut its two-part crime drama, Thorne: Sleepyhead and Thorne: Scaredy Cat, on Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13, respectively. Starring David Morrissey and Sandra Oh, the series centers on a detective who possesses “an unhinged desire” to discover the identities of killers.

• Sundance Channel’s upcoming hour-long scripted series, Rectify, has cast the first of its characters. Per Deadline, Abigail Spencer (All My Children), Clayne Crawford (The Glades), Jonah Lotan (Generation Kill), J. Smith-Cameron (True Blood) and newcomer Adelaide Clements have joined the drama, which centers on the yet-to-be-cast Daniel Holden who, after 19 years in prison for rape and murder, is released when new DNA evidence comes to light.

• ABC has decided to shelve its comedy pilot Counter Culture following last week’s on-set injury of star Delta Burke, Deadline reports. Margo Martindale, Doris Roberts and Ken Howard were also set to star.

• ReelzChanel has ordered a second season of Steven Seagal’s drama series True Justice.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, Casting News, Pilots, Premieres, Ratings, TVLine Items

1. I cannot believe they’re cancelling Make it or Break it yet keeping Secret Life on TV. MIOBI is such a great little show. I wouldn’t even mind if it was the last season if they hadn’t rudely given them just EIGHT episodes to play with.

• Ms. Chanandler Bong says:

This sucks! Secret Life is an atrocious show…you will have sex…and die. I feel like MIOBI has finally found a good pace. Although I miss Sasha and wish he would end up with Summer and I HATE Jordan. Oh well, le sigh.

• asia says:

I am so sad that MIOBI is not coming back this show is so good but yes i do wish Sasha come back next week to be with summer but Jordyn is not that bad she is just struggling to find her way to bad we will never find out thanks ABCfamily i so wish another channel pick them up

• AT says:

This is really frustrating. They are going to cancel it before the girls go to the Olympics? Really? That was the whole point of the show; now they aren’t going to show it? And as others have said, MIOBI is way better than Secret Life.

• Z says:

Lets be honest MIOBI started to go down hill. I stopped watching after the episode when we discovered Emily’s pregnancy.
      Kyle XY was a way better show than MIOBI. After all these years I still cant believe it got replaced by this.

• Blame Chelsea Hobbs for that, not the show. She got pregnant in real life, so they really didn’t have much of a choice but to write her out.

• Z says:

The show started going down hill before then, i was just saying that was the last episode I watched.

• Tee says:

I didn’t see the point of keeping Emily around after she got pregnant, but they seemed to write her off so haphazardly. Like KP got a nice, sweet exit – you knew she was done with gymnastics but she was going to be okay. Never would have thought I would have been so sad to see KP go. Emily was a foams-at-the-mouth, hormonal mental patient riding off into the bleak sunset.

Also can’t believe they had dorm drama of training camp, then they completely skip the olympics? They could have at least added 1 episode or mini tv movie or something to finish up.

• Kristen says:

Okay, your comment makes no sense. She got pregnant in real life, so they had to write her out of the show where she played the newly pregnant teen? If anything, her pregnancy would’ve allowed her to stay given her new storyline. And are you really going to blame such a beautiful thing as a child on the end of a television show? Anywho, this really is the end of this show b/c Emily’s character was written off, but I find it stupid if the series did it b/c she was pregnant. If anything, the parallel between her real life and TV life would’ve allowed her to stay on the show.

• ChynnaBlue says:

Kristen, There would be no point in a pregnant Emily staying on a show about girls trying to get onto an Olympic gymnastics team. That’s a different show, entirely. The show is about gymnasts trying to get to the Olympics – she couldn’t do that being pregnant, so her story ended. I’m not sure how it could have been any other way and still BE A SHOW ABOUT GYMNASTS TRYING TO GO TO THE OLYMPICS.

• Thank you Chynna, you took the words right out of my mouth. This wasn’t the Emily Kemetko show. It was a show about four gymnasts and the work and sacrifice that they and their families have to do to make it to the Olympics. No Olympic dream, no point to her being on the show. I am a mother myself and as much as I love my sons it was her responsibility as an actress to respect her profession and not get pregnant. Chelsea Hobbs is not a teen. She is a married woman and she already had one child. There is no excuse for her selfish behavior.

• asia says:

yes KyleXY was a good show but y replace it why couldn’t we add it to the list

• sophia barletta says:

i cannot believe u! miobi NEVER went downhill

• Elyse says:

SECRET LIFE IS HORRIBLE. it’s the worst show on TV. but i suppose i’m partly to blame for them keeping it on the air, i keep watching even though i can’t stand the show. shame on me!

• Sonia Kukula says:

How could you do this!? If this is how it’s gonna be, abc canceling the only good shows they have. Then I’m sorry but you’re just not worth it. Make it or break it was amazing. I just might do whatever it takes to get it back. You people are cruel and don’t care if your network will fail. How could you do this? Why don’t the fans get a choice? Who made this decision. I am completely devestated in u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sophia barletta says:

i swear,i cried! i absolutely love this show! it was one show that was actually good that didn’t revolve around high school drama. they FINALLY found a good show that isn’t entirely about teen girls trying to backstab each other. the writer of this found the perfect way to intertwine the teenage drama with the drama of training for the Olympics. they always found a way to add in the more drama right as one dramatic scene ended. this is an amazing show and the writer did a phenomenal job writing the out scenes. i dont think i’ll ever find a show this good. i hope your happy person who ended this show.

2. Kate says:

David Morrissey and Sandra Oh? Now I’m intrigued.

3. amelyrose says:

Noooooo!!!! At least give them like I don’t know five episodes to show them in London! I can’t believe theu are going to end it withoit the olympics!

4. bad kevin says:

So sad to see Make It or Break It getting canceled since Chelsea Hobbs’ departure from the show but hey at least everybody can use their DJ Tanner fix aka Candace Cameron Bure. The Full house alum and the rest of the cast were really the heart and soul of the series.

5. I am so irritated by ABC Family right now. This is just spitting on the fans of their shows. You don’t create a series that focuses around an event like the Olympics and then not show that event. This is ridiculous.

6. jennie says:

I am so sad that they canceled a great show, i want a tv movie or something to wrap everything up.. the show was design to go to london !!!!! Shame of you abc family

7. Amy Marie says:

you no abc family u really starting to piss people off an i wont be surpise if you guys go under in the next 2 yrs you have canceled idk how many shows alot people like just because the dam rating are down 1 time i mean really a tv show has it up and down it not always going to be a perfect show so abc you really think doing this to a another show you are just making more and more people hate you i hated cw but now i love it compare to abc famiy abc family sucks they have cancel shows and not even thought about it and just said hey lets cancel this and and this and piss people off well its working

8. Paige says:

Though I don’t watch MIOBI I think it’s pretty unfair for the network to pull that on the fans. They should have done like what they did with Greek, where they gave them half a season to properly wrap up the show.

9. Elle says:

Make it or Break it is an awesome show which everyone in my family of all ages and genders love. Many people feel that they never gave the show the proper advertising like they do for all the others that don’t even compare! They switched days and times in order to accomodate that dumb show Huge which was cancelled quickly. Secret life is so boring and talks about sex every 3 minutes and I think the ratings of many other shows with tons of advertisiing by abc family are not any better than “Make it’s” ratings with no advertising!!! They should at least give the fans a proper finale like maybe another run of episodes or even a movie for tv soming up the Olympics! Please lets all get through to the network somehow on abcfamily.com

10. Dor says:

this show isn’t amazing but its not bad and i watch it because i use to do gymnastics as a child and i remember the pressure to be perfect. to cancel the show before they even get to the Olympics is just ridiculous. its what the show has been about the whole time. very disappointing. I should just stop watching now. thanks. plus- the summer Olympics are this year. it was going to be perfect timing to finish off the series properly. Oh well.

11. songbyrd86 says:

how much u wanna make a bet they don’t get to the olympics. they’re going to ruin all of them and kick em out cuz they’re too old. Stinkin ABC family – cancelling the decent shows while Secret life is still on the air. Two things about that stupid show – 1 – i watch because it’s like a train wreck: you can’t NOT watch once you’ve seen it. and 2 – because of the present economy i’m sure they’re skimping on their writers for secret life (always have been really) and that MIOBI had much better writers therefore had to be paid more. It HAS to be a money thing. I can’t fathom why they would cancel a good show otherwise. Grr. Bad ABC FAMILY!

12. Eileen says:

I am really disappointed. Why not protect your show? ABC family hasn’t been promoting MIOBI at all and they move it around, gave it a way too long hiatus and now the girls aren’t going to the Olympics? What a let-down!!! Give your shows a chance to succeed and a chance to end gracefully. Why are they keeping Secret Life and not this? It is a really cool show with lots of sweet moments and amazing physical stunts.

13. Mark says:

That’s really upsetting about Counter Culture. I was really looking forward to that show based on the great cast.

14. Kristen says:

I completely agree with everyone on the cancelling of MIOBI, especially before they get to the Olympics.
    As for LA Complex… 721,000 viewers isn’t going to cut it, and the CW better not cancel Ringer or Hart of Dixie for that garbage. Just DOA it like Work It and let’s move on.

15. Tiff says:

I’m completely flummoxed by this development. Make It or Break It has definitely found an audience with gymnasts, dancers, moms, daughters, teens, tweens and more. Of all the shows on ABC Family, it spans the widest age range. And this season has been especially good. At least give them a few more episodes to get to London! It’s sad that in this day and age, a network can still treat showrunners this badly. Give them enough notice of cancellation to at least put together a proper ending. Jerks.

16. Eli says:

It’s a real damn shame they cancel MIOBI now. The show is finally getting good. Less stupid “soapy” drama and more focus on the sports and competition elements was just what the show needed.

That said, I do wish they hadn’t gotten rid of KP already, was just starting to warm up to her :(

17. Sea says:

OMG Secret life just has a bunch of teens making the same mistakes, Bunheads looks like it will be crap, The Lying Game is annoying because Sutton keeps flipping between being nice and being a bitch and even thugh ABC Family has all these annoying shows at their disposal they get rid of the one good one, Make it or Break it??!!?

And if you are sad about it why don’t you try to save it!

18. Courtney says:

Taking MIOBI off of the air is just dumb! I mean it’s one thing to cancel a show but it’s another to not even give the writers and producers enough time to even end it correctly. I also think that everyone that doesn’t want the show to end should contact ABC Family and try to save the show. If we show them tht they are making a BIG mistake maybe they won’t cancel it. If they get thousands of calls and e-mails maybe they will see all the fans and get a true sense of the ratings. Because honestly, how do you know how many people are watching a show. They just know how many people tune in. I don’t watch it live, I DVR it and watch it later. It’s rediculous and we need to do something about it. ABC Family has really gone down hill, they cancel shows in the middle of a season, cancel the good shows and leave dumb ones on. The reason their ratings are slipping is because of stuff like that not because the show is bad!!!

• Courtney says:

Sorry about the couple spelling errors.

• Peach dyson says:

Exactly! I totally agree and not only is the show amazing, it’s also inspiring, after I watched the first season I really wanted to know how to do gymnastics so I asked my mom and she sighed me up, I’m not half bad :) and now that it’s canceled?! That is such a devistation I swear I am like never watching abc like ever again bc all they show now is like stupid shows! Like secret life is like the same girls making the same exact mistakes over and over and over again! It’s so dumb. I am so furious that they never even showed them going to the olyimpics, isn’t that the point of MIOBI anyways? Ugh, but…at least we got to know who made it to the Olympics.

19. Kylie says:

A show that revolves around the Olympics and we don’t even get to see who brings home the gold. I’d prefer it if they took Secret Life out and kept Make It or Break It in. I used to love watching Secret Life but now, it just drags. How much farther can it go? It seems as if every episode this season just goes on and on about how Amy doesn’t want to get married. Come on, ABC Family, at least give us a movie or something. There are 1.4 million+ people that tune into ABC Family just to watch this show, waiting for the Olympics to come, and suddenly, we get this crap thrown in our faces. Amen to these other comments ^^

20. Beth says:

I think it is dumb to cancel such a great show! I have been a devoted follower since the show has even aired. I agree that Scret Life has gotten so dumb! Every 3 seconds it seems like they are talking about sex and that gets old FAST! MIOBI is actually super decent with everything. Ya it may have started out like any teen show with cheating and alcohol, but it has actually became such a great show. For them to cancel it before the Olympics it super stupid on their part! They should at least wait until after the actual Olympics to end at the end of Summer and air who won the gold and so on. I actually kind of like the movie deal. It would be worth it to see such a movie. Team MIOBI all the way.

21. Terese says:

Its really sad that MIOB will not finish what they started. I mean the whole point was to go to the Olympics. I just don’t understand. Why stop and not give us and the cast the respect to finish the show.

• haylee says:

This honestly was an amazing season. Very disapointing they cancelled. Like you and everyone else said the point of the show was them making it to the olympics. And they dont show it…thats so lame. Other things would been nice to see. Like lauren and her heart condition..payson finally having a boyfriend, they still never found out lauren wrote that fake note saying max broke up with her. Also sasha just came back..there was a lot more they could have done with the season. This is.very sad that they.keep stupid.shows like secret life and.take away ones with good meaning…

22. kelly says:

i think this is so stupid everyone who has kept up with show have always been wondering who was going to take home olympic gold now we will always have a thought in the back of our mind wondering i dont get why they have to cancel it when it was just getting to the real exciting bits i think that they really should air it again and actually finish the show

23. Momo_09 says:

I’m so sad MIOBI isn’t airing!!! I’m really hooked on this show and I love all the girls! My boyfriend was even hooked on this show! Seriously!? ABC you made a huge mistake! Take it from an athlete— MIOBI has been by far my favorite tv show EVER! I can relate! Please please please bring MIOBI back!!!

24. lisa says:

This is horrible! I agree with all the above….Cancelling a good show like MIOBI and leaving a dumbass show like secret life on is atrocious!!!! The whole point was the olympics and now you kill it! Makes me not even want to watch abc family anymore! thanks!

25. Anne says:

I agree with everyone :( It seems like a wasted opportunity too… One would think that after the actual Summer Olympics 2012 (no pun intended -Candace Cameron Bure you rock!), people will be revved up to watch a show about gymnastics/chasing the Olympic dream, garnering interest in the show and higher ratings. I say this because after the Atlanta ’96 Games, I got really hooked into watching gymnastics as a result of them. I’m guessing they probably axed this amazing show over crappier ones such as Secret Life, and basically almost everything in their stupid lineup because of the production cost involved. I’m sure it’s minimal costs to have the same stupid production set (locker room hallway) and a bunch of teens whining about sex and how doomed their “love”lives are. Sorry that was mean. Just bummed out that such a meaningful and well produced show, that audiences can relate to and derive good values from, got cancelled. I will miss Summer’s words of wisdom. I wish we were able to have seen more of the Sasha/Summer romance -they were the sweetest. Thanks to the MIOBI peeps for tying everything up as much as they possibly could in 8 eps. Although it sucks KP didn’t make the team. I guess we will have to envision our own ending for the show. In my mind, Kaylie wins Olympic gold (proving she can beat Payson), Payson gets silver (but content with it and proud to get it), Genji Cho gets bronze (only to make it somewhat plausible after all the hype of her) and Lauren sizzles and wins a Gold on Beam. And everyone is happy. I should so be a writer. ……..DEAR ABC, it’s probably too late to uncancel the show (but pls feel free to do so if it’s still in the cards) so please make it up to us by: 1) TV movie (Sasha/Summer wedding!) and 2) a decent DVD boxset with tons of extras and cast commentaries. Cheers!

26. Marie says:

i always thought this was just another dumb teen show..but one day i was bored and saw it on Netflix so i watched it..fished all 2 and a half seasons in 4 or 5 days..then come to find out they arnt making them anymore?!?!! That sucks!

27. kirk says:

i know there going to come back with a 4th season i know theyare its to good of a show to go away

28. Tee Wany says:

first of all..they cant cancel MIOBI just cos chelsea hobbs is too horny,they r just waiting for dis olympics to b over so season 3 going to premiere next year plus chelsea should have recovered from her pregnancy by then…

• Dude, get with the times. Chelsea Hobbs baby is almost a year old now and she is already on to other projects. She was fully recovered before they even started filming the last season. They have no plans to continue with the show. All of the actors have been released from their contracts and there is nothing in the works to continue. Some fans have been agitating for a ABC family movie to wrap it all up but that is the most we could possibly hope for. As of yet the studio hasn’t shown any indication of listening but the more people who ask for it, the better chance we have of getting it.

29. Bushra Habbas-nimer says:

Just as I thought that the show was inspiring me it decides to cancel. I thought this was actually something I depend on but know its just being all wasted ~I’ll really miss the show <3

30. Bushra Habbas-nimer says:

Yeah I’m just really pissed off like secret life is all about pregneat moms so they should cancel tht

31. Jocelyn says:

I just watched the every single season MIOBI on Netflix and when I found out it got cancelled I was so mad! I normally don’t even watch tv but I got hooked on this show! It inspired me to try and be a gymnast and I am trying! Canceling this show was a big mistake!

32. Denise says:

I just got done watching all the seasons and episodes of Make it or Break it on Netflix. I want to say they were excellant. It made u feel u were there, part of their lifes. I cried when something upsetting happened to anyone, I laughed, I was happy for the girls when good happened and upset when they were upset. I just felt like I knew them personally. I really think it should air again. The fans don’t know what happened to everyone, who won the Olympics? What happened to the ones who didn’t win? Maybe u could bring back for one episode with Chelsea Hobbs and Johnny Pacar back visiting with their baby. Please think about airing this program again it is an excellant program.

33. Lisa O'Neill says:

I agree! bring it back to atleast show the Olympics. Geez, why the Hell make a show so focused on the end goal to not show it? And as previous comments.. Secret Life is ridiculous! All it does is teach your teens that HS is about nothing but sex and betrayl. I can not believe a FAMILY channel shows such trash and takes away from a good show. If you got rid of the trash and played MIOBI in its place, its ratings would boost, guaranteed! BIG HUGE EPIC FAIL ABC Family.. and I use Family lightly!

34. lauren says:

i am so mad that they canceled this right before the Olympics this is my favorite show ever and y’all cancelled it but keep all these crap shows on…………………. At least make another season with the Olympics.. y’all had a perfect show and y’all cancel it.!
    there is absolutely no reason to cancel this show there are so many more episodes yall could get out of this show. tell me why this got canceled!!!!!!

35. pete says:

please please please can you make another season! i love this show and want to see how it ends at the olympics

36. Miranda says:

Make it or break it is a much better show than anything they should at least finish up the season this show encouraged me a lot especially Peyton you should make one where we get to see the Olympics there was no point of the show unless there’s an ending. I personally thought this show was stupid at first then I started watching it and fell in love I watched it 24/7. And now I can’t watch it! I know this Is a late reply but they took it off Netflix which made me very upset and I would like to see the rest of the season! And I’m sure everybody else would too! Please and thanks.