Exclusive: Watch Community's Take on the Iconic Law & Order Theme Song and 'Zinger'!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Every Law & Order has a detective quick with the one-liner in an episode’s cold open (Briscoe, Stabler, Goren, et al.), and Community‘s homage to the iconic NBC procedural (airing this Thursday at 8/7c) is no exception — in fact, it’s got two of ‘em!

In the following exclusive first look, Troy and Abed jockey to fill the coveted zinger slot when the Greendale gang investigates the alleged sabotage of their yam-sprouting science experiment.

But that’s not the best part. No, the best part is quirky comedy’s Law & Order-inspired opening title sequence.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including Community!

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with your (sure-to-be rave) reviews.

Comments (35)

• boo!! not available outside the US.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode is going to be awesome.

Comment by K – April 25, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It amazes me that they take the time (and money) to create unique openers to their thematic episodes. Loved it.

Comment by zillyzallie – April 25, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Psych does it too. It’s awesome!

Comment by Erin – April 25, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Psych’s themed openers are just about my most favorite thing in the world.

Comment by heather_kaye – April 25, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it when I run across comments like these and my fandoms collide! It just makes me smile, knowing I’m not the only TV watcher out there with completely amazing taste. ;-)

Comment by Tiffany – April 25, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Have faith…you are not alone!!! :)

Comment by dank – April 25, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never been more excited for an episode of community…and that’s saying something.

Comment by Leah – April 25, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Down to the zinger, this episode will be amazing

Comment by Mía – April 25, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahaha, oh, my god, that take on the opening title sequence is AWESOME. I was laughing just watching that. Loved the clip from the episode itself, too. And we get Joel McHale in a suit again on top of it all? Oh, yeah! I can’t wait for this episode.

Comment by Angela – April 25, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not available outside the US, whaaaaaaaaaat

Comment by Gabriela – April 25, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I live in Portugal and it worked..

Comment by Ana Drago – April 26, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks so good! Cannot wait

Comment by tvaddict – April 25, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haha Sounds like Abed is making fun of Dave Caruso from CSI:Miami there with those terrible punchlines =)

I am SO excited for this episode =)

Comment by Nicole MacGregor (@destinoscelgo) – April 25, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • E. Pluribus Anus…. Out of Many, Poop. Nuff said.

Comment by Eggie Nogginhew – April 25, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing. Could be the best open parody this season, and that”s with the Ken Burns episode as well… Great season so far, totally Emmy worthy.

Comment by Alex – April 25, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, if they don’t get Emmy nods (and wins) this year, something is horribly wrong somewhere.

Comment by Angela – April 25, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was torn between watching community or the NFL draft. Not anymore.

Comment by Chase – April 25, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks so good! I was smiling just watching this intro! :D Can’t wait for the episode.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 25, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That show is genius, I can’t wait to see that one :)
    Damn, now I have that theme song in my head…

Comment by Claire – April 25, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not as epic as the DnD episode’s theme. I still want that on my iPod to this DAY!

Comment by Cheroro – April 25, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show just keeps getting better and better!

Comment by Kristin McKenna – April 25, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch this show regularly, but I won’t miss this one!

Comment by Monte Cristo – April 25, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting for this episode to come as soon as I heard about it months ago. I will be laughing every second.

Comment by Nicholas Valle – April 25, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh can’t wait 2 see @yvettenbrown in the newest Community, law and order episode.

Comment by Deborah (@myaccesiblelife) – April 25, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful! And I HATE Law and Order!

Comment by E – April 25, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. I think that’s the point. It is pretty unlikely that fans of Community overlap with with fans of cop procedurals all that much. Once you’ve seen a couple L&O episodes, you pretty much have the formula down. Community is great.

Comment by SpyTV – April 25, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s not available outside the US, how come I’m able to watch it in Australia?!

Comment by Evie – April 25, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here in the UK. It’s quite weird though ’cause I’m usually never able to access anything coming directly from any network website or Hulu…

Comment by Lisa London – April 26, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks TVLine! I loved it! When I heard about them doing this episode, I was wondering if it would be Abed or Troy who got to do the Jerry Orbach zinger. Glad to see they both get to! R.I.P. Jerry Orbach, you are missed.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 25, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was region locked when it was first posted, but they’ve subsequently made it region free

Comment by Oliver – April 26, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAME, where’s the funky bass riff at the end? RIP OFF!!!!

Comment by oansun – April 26, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post