ABC Family Renews Lying Game for Season 2

Get More: News, Renewals

Here’s the honest-to-God truth: ABC Family has picked up The Lying Game for a second season, the network announced Tuesday.

ABC Family’s Summer Slate: Find Out When Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design Return!

The series is slated to return with new episodes this winter. But will Charisma Carpenter’s Rebecca — who was revealed to be twins Emma and Sutton’s biological mother in the season finale — be back?

“I’m there if they’ll have me!” Carpenter told TVLine last month. As for what the future holds, star Alexandra Chando teased that “based on the cliffhanger in the finale, there’s definitely going to be a shift in the story. And because of that, the show could take on a whole new direction.”

Comments (34)

• I’m so glad that it’s been renewed. I love the show and can’t wait for season 2.

Comment by sabrina – April 24, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this news! I was expecting a renewal especially after the shocking finale so I am really excited to see the direction the show is taking in its winter premiere.

Comment by Julie – April 24, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Best news I heard ALL day!!! The only thing that could beat this today would be if Ringer was also renewed. LOL Kind of ironic how both shows feature a Good and Evil twin LOL

Comment by Ed – April 24, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so totally agree, I like both shows and want more.

Comment by rubytu – April 24, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayyyyyy they were not to renew it, i love this show

Comment by jennie – April 24, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there crazy not to is what i meant

Comment by jennie – April 24, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!!I Love “the lying games”

Comment by samantha – April 24, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg i feel like sucha loser, but i’ve ben checking to see if this got renewed like every day!! I’m so excited!!!!

Comment by krissy t – April 24, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!! I was actually just thinking about this show this morning. Such a good show with a great cast of rising stars!

Comment by BL – April 24, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY! I can’t wait for season two!

Comment by A – April 24, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back chloe king! yea, i went there…

Comment by lauren – April 24, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wanted a second season of Chloe King too. I also wished they had give Kyle XY a last season to wrap stuff up.

Comment by Lisa – May 14, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good job abc family. this is the only show i’ve felt compelled to keep watching after the first few episodes, which means it’s good.

Comment by Liz – April 24, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO glad to hear this! Definitely looking forward to this more than PLL!

Comment by Alex – April 24, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! This just made my day! I am so happy that this is getting a second season. I love The Lying Games.

Comment by Liz – April 24, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such good news! I love this show.

Comment by Kristy – April 24, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, can’t wait for season 2. I hope Tyler will have a bigger part.

Comment by Sheryl Postin – April 24, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited. I watched the whole season a couple weekends ago and could not believe it hadn’t been renewed yet. I cannot wait for the next season

Comment by cyndi – April 24, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Some good news- now, if only, they’d bring back Chloe King! I love the lying game! I’m starting to read the books and they are very different .

Comment by Susy – April 24, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. Having Sutton as a ghost who doesn’t know who kills her is an interesting angle in the books. I wonder at times if they’ll ever go there with the tv show.

Comment by angelcake – April 24, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! This show was just starting to get interesting before the finale =)

Comment by Cat – April 24, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy!!!

Comment by Jane – April 24, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CC MUST come back!!!

Comment by wooster182 – April 24, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love this show. Looking forward to more Emma and Thayer!!

Comment by Lauren – April 24, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Love the show!

Comment by Hannah – April 24, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I WAS STARTING TO GET WORRIED.

Comment by Russ – April 24, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy – that finale left alot out there and the reveal of who the mother was and how they’re been working together was a WTF moment – didn’t see that coming!! I can’t wait for it return. Love this show & Pretty Little Liars!!

Comment by theresa – April 24, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news I’ve heard in agesssss! Alex does a fantastic job of playing both Emma and Sutton, can’t wait for the show’s return!

Comment by Georgina – April 25, 2012 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Easily one of the best shows on ABC FAMILY…The Lying Game is everything The Ringer wishes it was!..

Comment by Jared – April 25, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The series is slated to return with new episodes this winter.

Comment by DavidVan – April 25, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo! YAY!!!!!

Comment by songbyrd86 – April 25, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i luv the show and can’t wait

Comment by agnes – April 29, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, I am so glad it was renewed. I can’t wait for season 2 to start.

Comment by slh – June 14, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is honestly the best news I could hear. I’m pumped and can not wait until it starts again! Yay go The Lying Game!!!

Comment by skyler – October 18, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post