Hart of Dixie's Scott Porter Talks George's Next Move (Singing!) and Possible Romance With Zoe

Given the bombshell that ended last week’s Hart of Dixie (Lemon finally revealing her affair with Lavon to her current fiancé George), you’d think tonight’s episode of the CW charmer (airing at 9/8c) would find the newly single do-gooder moping about Bluebell in woe-is-me fashion. Thankfully, though, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Rather, “Destiny & Denial” features George — and, in turn, his portrayer Scott Porter — in a totally new light:

One who sings and dances and might actually put the moves on one Zoe Hart.

“This was such a great episode of just relief and release,” the Friday Night Lights alum tells TVLine. “The entirety of the season has been waiting for this [affair] to come out in the wash, and now that it has, everything moves forward at light-speed.”

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including Hart of Dixie!

While we can’t tell you exactly what “everything” entails, Porter’s assessment of this new (and improved?) George — “who is hurting and trying to deal with it in a number of ways” — is on the money.

“It’s George Tucker time!” previews Porter, with a laugh. “He’s going to live his life in a more selfish manner now. He’s only going to worry about what George Tucker wants, and he’s very excited about this seemingly super-duper plan that he’s come up with.” And who better to share the plan with than the good doc, who is “the one person he feels he can explain his new outlook to.”

But how does Zoe — who was also cut out of George’s life last week for keeping Lemon’s secret — make it back into his good graces? “What you won’t see happen between these two episodes is that George goes home that night and reevaluates his entire life, realizing that it was wrong of him to ask Zoe to pick between her friends,” he explains. “So, he sets out to remedy that very quickly.”

A fact which may bode well for loyal George/Zoe ‘shippers. “This new plan takes George to a place where he’s going to be a little more honest with himself and unbox these things that he’s packed away within himself,” muses Porter, “even if they might be his feelings for Zoe.”

Exclusive Hart of Dixie First Look: Zoe and Wade Partner Up

But a fresh POV isn’t all George 2.0 brings to the table. The guy is musical, too!

“I was so elated when I saw that I was going to sing,” he tells us of George’s performance of “Jambalaya” in tonight’s episode. “The writers had actually asked me earlier in the season if George sang — or even beatboxed, because I was a professional beatboxer for years and years and years of my life — and I guess I said no. So, this all came about when one day on set I told them, ‘George does sing. George wanted to join the choir in high school and his dad didn’t see it as something George should be doing, so he ultimately didn’t join — but he’s got a song in his heart!'”

Thoughts on Hart of Dixie‘s singing, free-wheeling George Tucker? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews

1. LoveWADE says:

UGH….

2. Katherine says:

yayy, i adore scott porter and am totally rooting for zoe to be with george in the end! although i wouldn’t complain if she had a full-on romance with wade along the way.

3. Jen says:

Well, mabye they should have made George more interesting to begin with. Maybe then more people would care about ‘George Tucker time’.

4. Addie Lane says:

Everyone PLEASE watch so this can get renewed! Anything with two members of Friday Night Lights always needs to be on the air!

5. bad kevin says:

I always admired Scott Porter when he was on Friday Night Lights playing Jason Street, the paralyzing football star on a wheelchair. Whether he plays his character on FNL or George Tucker on Hart Of Dixie, one thing is for sure though; CLEAR EYES FULL HEARTS CAN’T LOSE.

6. Ava says:

Boo! I don’t like George! He’s boring!

• Jen says:

Well, maybe someone has problems falling asleep and looks for a cure. ;-) No, in all seriousness. While Scott Porter is a great actor and a cute, seemingly sweet guy, his character George is just so dull that I really wish he wouldn’t always be so front and center. I prefer seeing Wade and Lavon being adorable.

7. Brian says:

Please no George & Zoe. That’s all…

8. Ali says:

Not looking forward to tonight’s episode. Don’t like the Zoe/George pair, to blah to me. Watching for Wade storyline and ratings. Oh and previews for next week!

9. Nancy says:

Scott Porter sings dances acts … and beatboxes but can he attract and retain the networks attentions on this series long enough to see it renewed for a second season. Viewers ( and some extreme-fans) are hoping for a second season.

10. Michelle says:

I can already tell this is going to be my favorite episode of the season. TEAM GEORGE!

• Caroline says:

I totally agree. I’ve really been looking forward to this episode. TeamGeorge too. I love Scott Porter. He’s a great actor and very good singer and he’s cute too :) Really hoping for a second season for Hart of Dixie because it’s a great show.

11. Jared says:

The CW will definitely renew Hart of Dixie for a second season..even if it’s for a 13 episode midseason order. As a freshman drama..the ratings don’t seem as bad as other shows on the network.

12. I love the idea of Zoe and George together. I think Wade is a great guy, but I think Zoe and George have more long-term potential.

13. Meg says:

Meh. Bring on Zoe and Wade, please….

14. Lynn says:

YES!! Love George & Zoe!

15. MGL says:

I love the idea of Zoe and George! She has more in common with him and I believe the most chemistry. I did not like Scott Porter’s character last year in The Good Wife. He was too dark and sinister. I love the more lighter George, as compared to his character on TGW. Rooting for Zoe and George.

16. Kristina says:

Looking forward to seeing George do something interesting. NOT looking forward to anything to do with George and Zoe other than being friends.

17. stephen says:

Oh come on zoe so belongs with wade. There chemistry is off the charts. She has no chemistry with george , so why force it. Wade is the guy for zoe because the people playing them have 100 times more chemistry the zoe and george do.

18. eliza says:

Zoe and George All the way!!!!!!

19. Brandy says:

Zoe &George!i cant stand Wade, hes ugly &jerk.

• Caro says:

Me too.

• Caro says:

Me neither. I can’t stand Wade either! He’s nice but he’s totallly wrong for Zoe. I hope he’ll find some waitress or someone and be happy together. Hope George & Zoe will realize they have feelings for each other because they clearly belong together! They have way more in common than Zoe and Wade. All they have in common is that they live in the same town but that’s it. So I can’t see why anyone would ship Zoe/Wade. Just because she caught his eye? That doesn’t make a relationship work! Common ground and chemistry does – which Zoe & George have!

• Mollie says:

Wow, snobbish much? Wade should be with a waitress!? Because of course he doesn’t deserve a big time Doctor, being just a bartender and all. She, of course, should be with the lawyer with no personality. Oh and they have SO much more in common, right? Like how they lived in the same city for a whole 2 yrs but did not know each other and they both have high paying jobs. If you want to see why people (the vast majority of viewers by the way) ship Zoe/Wade, I suggest you just watch Hart of Dixie up until episode #16, where their relationship was front and center before the writers suddenly decided to force back this George/Zoe manufactured crush back in the season. Plus, I’ll take a couple who are different but have chemistry and can make each other discover another part of themsleves and challenge each other over a couple who are seemingly more similar, but not much chemistry other than frienship and would probably end up boring each other to death.

20. sarah says:

I am not a fan of George’s. I do not want him and Zoe together but I will tune in to watch as I do like HOD.

21. Angie says:

Put me in the group who thinks that George is a total snooze. I think the only time I liked him was when he, Wade, and Lemon were trying to pull off a prank. They can make the character interesting if they want to (and no, I don’t think having him sing karaoke counts).

22. Caro says:

Oh, I really hope George will FINALLY make the moves on Zoe! It’s clear they belong together!! Wade needs to find a southern blonde belle and start his own pub somewhere and let George & Zoe discover the many things they have in common! They are totally right for each other!

23. Alex says:

Zoe and Wade remind me of Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas in Sweet Home Alabama. As much as I like George, Zoe clearly belongs with Wade! Looking forward to tonight’s episode though.

• Mollie says:

Totally agree, which is why I’m pretty sure Wade And Zoe will be the endgame of the show. It’s about the Good guy (George) vs the Right guy (Wade). Can’t wait to see how we get there.

24. wingster55 says:

If George is uninteresting and dull what’s Wade? Or is it just because Wade takes off his shirt and does a puppy dog face?

• Mollie says:

He’s witty, smart, big-hearted, loyal and – yes – can be a total pain in the ass sometimes…isn’t it great! I’ve always prefered people who are flawed but real and challenging like Wade than people who are perfect and dull like George.

25. Regina says:

I love George and Zoe together! I’ve never been a fan of Wade. And I adored Scott Porter when he was on Friday Night Lights!

26. mike says:

Much prefer Zoe with Wade & George with Lemon

27. Ruby says:

I don’t care if she ends up with Wade or George. The show has done a great job of making me like both of them, which is pretty cool considering I didn’t like either of them when the show first started. Scott Porter is adorable and seems like he’s having a great time in this role. This show just makes me happy. I wish people would back away from the ‘ship wars and immaturity and just enjoy the show no matter what happens. At the end of the day it’s just a TV show, not real life. People get so embarrassing and crazy over this stuff. Also just wanted to say that Jamie King is a really underrated actress. Last week when she was crying to George it was almost like watching a real breakup. She’s great. Glad she’s finally getting a chance to shine.

28. Ruby says:

Oh, also, if I haaaad to pick, I’d put Zoe with Lavon.

• Lori says:

agree with both of those comments Zoe! you are spot on…Jamie King is the most underrated talent on this show and Lemmon’s character the most complex. Finally a show I can watch (most of the time), with my 13 year old! Love this show

29. I don’t know which couple to root for! This show is fantastic! COME BACK FOR SEASON 2 AND BEYOND!!!!

30. mari says:

PLEASE GEORGE DO NOT TAKE CRAZY LEMON BACK!