What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Sunday

On TV this Sunday: Fox celebrates 25 years of couch potatoes, Game of Thrones‘ Joffrey exacts punishment, Veep Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ White House party begins and more. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Married… With Children and The Simpsons (Fox) | Leading into Fox’s 25th anniversary special, here are the pilot episodes of two of its biggest hits.

Once Upon a Time Preview: Mr. Gold’s ‘Stranger’ Agenda, Plus a Finale That Will Blow You Away

8 pm Fox’s 25th Anniversary Special (Fox) | Ryan Seacrest hosts this two-hour retrospective of the network’s quarter century on the air, featuring cast members from some of your favorite shows — including Beverly Hills, 90210, That ’70s Show, Ally McBeal, The X-Files and Married With Children!

Spoiler Alert! Episode 12: The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry
Previews Cary’s Job Change and a Kalinda ‘Moment’

9 pm Firelight (ABC) | In this TV-movie, Academy Award winner Cuba Gooding Jr. stars as a counselor at a women’s correctional facility, helping them form an elite band of volunteers who battle forest fires, build hiking trails in remote areas and assist during natural disasters.

9 pm The Killing (AMC) | Sarah gets a mysterious message; Mitch befriends a runaway girl; Richmond questions his political future.

9 pm Game of Thrones (HBO) | Joffrey punishes Sansa for Robb’s victories; Catelyn entreats Stannis and Renly to forego their ambitions and unite against the Lannisters; Arya and Gendry’s lives rest in the hands of “The Mountain.”

9 pm Army Wives (Lifetime) | The tribe must organize a memorial service. Nicole negotiates a resolution to the conflict with the militia in Africa, but  runs into trouble as they leave; Denise offers to help CJ who is dealing with a medical crisis.

Is Mad Men‘s Pete Down for the Count? Vincent Kartheiser Survey’s the Latest Low Blows

10 pm Breakout Kings (A&E) | The team must stop an ex-Navy SEAL (Felicity‘s Dash Mihok) on a mission of vengeance against his former employers while attempting to discover the truth behind his paranoia.

10 pm Veep (HBO) | In this new comedy starring two-time Emmy winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus, United States Vice President Selina Meyer and her staff (including Arrested Development‘s Tony Hale and My Girl‘s Anna Chlumsky) find that the job is nothing like they expected and everything they were warned about. (Reminder, the Veep pilot will be available free online/On Demand starting tomorrow.)

10:30 pm Girls (HBO) | After Hannah reveals her Forrest Gump-induced AIDS phobia, Marnie meticulously plans a day at a women’s health clinic — and during that field trip, Shoshanna confesses a humiliating secret.

Comments (35)

• OUAT – must see! (Why does my Comcast TV Guide thingee say “To Be Announced” instead for that time slot?)
    Mythbusters
    DVR: Harry’s Law – my girl Annie Wersching is on.

Comment by kirads09 – April 22, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Wife
    Veep
    Breakout Kings
    Might see if the FOX Special will be on Hulu tomorrow.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – April 22, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight’s lineup is friggin’ crazy.
    The entire HBO lineup (Game of Thrones, Veep, Girls), my guilty pleasure reality shows (Celebrity Apprentice, The Amazing Race), the penultimate Good Wife of the season, AMC shows (Mad Men, The Killing)… CRAZY.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – April 22, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time,Since no Desperate Housewives or GCB, I will watch Army Wives & The Client List live tonight.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – April 22, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, Game of Thrones, Mad Men. Best of the best!

Comment by mawhi – April 22, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much goodness on Sunday TV night and I don’t have a DVR!!! Luckily, HBO shows start earlier on the West Coast. I really want to check out VEEP, and I love Game of Thrones. I’m going to then watch the Good Wife and Mad Men. There is also a really great mini-series called Birdsong starting tonight on PBS. I’ve already seen the original version that aired on BBC, but I’m really curious how they edit it for the American audience. There are some really passionate lovemaking scenes that would never, ever be shown anywhere other than cable here.

Comment by Lisa – April 22, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, Game of Thrones, Veep, Girls, The Big C

Comment by Car – April 22, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Amazing Race
    Once Upon A Time- So excited
    Harry’s Law

Comment by Nick – April 22, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Once Upon a Time & The Killing – DVR Amazing Race & Chopped All Stars – catching Veep & The Girls on demand later this week.

Comment by theresa – April 22, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once upon a Time finally! It’s been a long 3 weeks. Also Harry’s Law and Armywives.

Comment by Liz – April 22, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife, Games of Throne, Breakout Kings, and Veep

Not mentioned but will be watching: Nurse Jackie and NYC-22

Comment by Lani – April 22, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Mad Men & Amazing Race. On Demand: The Good Wife (last episode before the season finale). :-)

Comment by bad kevin – April 22, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time –> Game of Thrones –> Mad Men –> The Killing –> Veep

I tried Girls last week, but thought it was pretty dreadful.

Comment by Simon Jester – April 22, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is mad men on tonight?

Comment by hibsta – April 22, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, I went to look that up, and it is. What is the point of this list if it does not have OUAT, Mad Men, etc on it?

Comment by Chester – April 22, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They are mentioned. Feature articles linked in bold & red.

Comment by kirads09 – April 22, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • When will TVLine take the hint that this is NOT a good formatting option? You would think that the fact that there are comments EACH AND EVERY WEEK would be a hint that setting these titles apart — both in terms of justification and color — is causing them to be overlooked.

Comment by Simon Jester – April 22, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since no DH or GCB, will still be DVRing Celeb Apprentice (and fast-forwarding through fluff). Looking forward to the impending eliminations of hypocrite beotches Lisa Lampanelli and selfish Aubrey “who?” O’Day! !!! :)

Comment by stephen – April 22, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing Race and TGW!!!

Comment by Becca – April 22, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Girls and Veep. I’m trying to find a reason to keep HBO. Veep may be it.

Comment by Linderella – April 22, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they were going to re-air the 500th episode of Simpsons at 7:30 and not the Pilot!!

Comment by Victor Hugo – April 22, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looking at my cable box it is saying SImpsons roasting on an Open Fire. But I know it HAD said it was gonna be the 500th just a few days ago.

Comment by Carmichael – April 22, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ouat, Client List scince no DH or GCB.

Comment by Brandy – April 22, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, THE GOOD WIFE and VEEP!

Comment by LI – April 22, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you keep Good WIfe off your list of must-watch tv?!!

Comment by Rachel – April 22, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To Rachel, Check out the link in red about The Good Wife.

Comment by matt – April 22, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nights like this that I thank my provider for bundling both the East and West HBO feeds :-D It lets me move those shows either before or after Harry’s Law, TGW and Breakout Kings.

Comment by smidnite – April 22, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie Wersching on Harry’s Law?I’ll watch it online then.I just wish she was on a better show as a regular.OUAT and Fox thinger for me,then NYC 22 for a second sampling(I think I’d even take CSI Miami again instead of this,which is saying something)

Comment by Shaun – April 22, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that Girls listing is one of your ‘free pass’ deals. The pilot was the worst 30 minutes of television I have ever seen in my life.

Comment by Jane – April 22, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife – just keeps getting better.

Comment by Cindy – April 22, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everybody watch OUAT tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kissan – April 22, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon A Time, Frozen Planet and Breakout Kings for me.

Comment by Justin – April 22, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing Race and (I’m not ashamed to say) Celebrity Apprentice!

Comment by Babybop – April 22, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a little disappointed in The Good Wife tonight.

Comment by AKgirl – April 23, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Game of Thrones & The Borgias!

Comment by Ken D. – April 23, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post