Exclusive

First Look: Person of Interest Reunites Old Lovers

The May 3 episode of CBS’ Person of Interest presents a blast from the past for both Jim Caviezel as well as his alter ego — and we have an exclusive first look at the reunion.

Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Reese Gets a Blast from His Dark Past

In “Many Happy Returns,” the third-to-last hour of the Thursday drama’s first season, it’s Reese’s birthday, so Finch gifts him with a day off. The gesture proves especially prudent when Finch realizes that The Machine’s latest number is sure to revive painful memories for his partner.

Dagmara Dominczyk — who played Caviezel’s fiancée in the 2002 film The Count of Monte Cristo — guest-stars as that special POI, a woman who is now on the run under a false identity and who may hold the key to solving a big mystery regarding Reese’s former girlfriend Jessica (Susan Misner).

Dominczyk’s previous TV credits include The Good Wife, Suits and 24. Check out the Monte Cristo stars’ reunion here, then tune in for fresh episodes of POI starting next Thursday, April 26.

1. Sandy says:

Love it. Can’t wait.

2. Cathy says:

Love it and wish that CBS would put the full episodes back online.

3. mike a says:

A great show on Cbs. Now don’t mess with it. Look forward to it every week. Not easy finding something to watch that both me and my girl enjoy!!

4. Renee says:

I’m going to have to rewatch The Count of Monte Cristo. I only have vague memories. And it is very easy to rewatch Jim Caviezel.

5. sarah says:

Looking forward to POI returning next week.

6. niks says:

I liked The Count of Monte Cristo well enough. I am sure I will love this.

7. Becky says:

You’re the man, Matt!! I can’t wait for the run of all new episodes to start next week. You should make it your mission to get us scoop each and every week until then. You are the man, right?!?

8. carol says:

Love this spoiler and this great picture. It looks like she is blind, possible deaf as well and is signing into Reese’s hand. How can just a simple shot convey such emotion? POI is far and away my favorite show of the year.

9. Aw. This is one of my all time favorite films. Its so cool I loved them together in The Count of Monte Cristo.

It is interesting that they are delving into Reese’s girlfriend. I always remember that blink if you miss it moment where we find out that the machine registered Jessica as a Person of Interest. Victim or Perpetrator? I do find it odd that it happened 4 years before Reese and Finch met. Meaning either it took 3 years for someone to kill her or she did something wrong.

• Min says:

Victor–Jessica was one of the people Nathan realized could have been saved or stopped but wasn’t because Finch deleted the non-terrorist info every day. She has been dead for four years or was the perp four years ago when the flashback to Nathan and Finch took place. Most likely dead.

10. Great news, POI is my favorite show in the moment.

11. SavhCaro says:

I have sooooo been waiting for this episode! finding out about Jessica is going to be a big piece of the puzzle that is John Reese!

12. lob says:

wow maybe jessica is alive and is using a different name

13. Jus'Sayin' says:

Dagmara was also on HOUSE, M.D., in “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and is married to the yummy Scott Foley!

• Jus'Sayin' says:

Ooops! My bad: Those deets belong to her sister, Marika Dominczyk. Also, Dagmara is married to the yummy Patrick Wilson!

14. kel says:

Four things.1) Glad POI is FINALLY getting the attention it deserves. This show is so awesome. 2) I couldn’t be more excited for the last 4 episodes. All sound epic. 3) Caviezel has the most gorgeous cheekbones. 4) I want to see Reese sword fight in season 2!

15. Arantxa says:

I want to see so bad Jim Caviezel and Dagmara Dominczyk back together! I don’t know when this chapter will be premiered in Spain…