Major Vampire Diaries Spoiler: What'd You Think of Elena's Big Move?

Vampire Diaries Damon and ElenaWARNING: If you have yet to watch Thursday’s The Vampire Diaries, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed….

The Vampire Diaries delivered a long-awaited payoff during tonight’s episode: Elena finally confronted her feelings for Damon and attacked him with her lips kissed him.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes — Including Vampire Diaries!

Things started out innocently enough with the pair road-tripping to Denver to visit Jeremy. They were on a quest to get him to use his special ghost powers to question Rose about who turned her. Damon decided to enjoy an alcoholic beverage with his shirt open, of course, while Elena lay in the motel bed. But she wasn’t sleeping. Instead, Elena was taking in the view – and she was caught doing it mid-stare by Damon, who decided to join her in the bed.

“Why don’t you let people see the good in you?” she asked, referring to what he’d done for Rose as she was dying. He explained that it makes people expect you to be good, and he doesn’t want to have to live up to anyone’s expectations. As his fingers grazed hers, Elena bolted outside. If she was hoping some fresh air would cool her down, then her plan failed miserably because what followed was a major, heated Florence + the Machine-set make-out session, up against a wall, initiated by our gal! Too bad Jeremy the Interrupter broke it up with his judgey stare.

In the car, Rose set Elena’s kid brother straight about the bad boy vamp. “It’s not just that she makes him a better person,” she said. While Stefan’s “love is pure” and he’ll always be the good, safe choice, “Damon challenges her, surprises her. He makes her question her life, her beliefs.”

“Damon is either the best thing for her or the worst,” she concluded. But you won’t find out which one it is until you try, right, Elena? Alas, she was back to her indecisive ways by episode’s end when Damon flat-out asked if she had feelings for him.

“I don’t know,” she replied. “You sabotage things.”

“I’m sorry, Elena,” he lobbed back. “This time I’m not going to make it so easy for you. This time you’re going to have to figure it out for yourself.”

Elsewhere in the episode: Caroline and Tyler’s happy reunion was cut short when he discovered the drawing Klaus had given her — and he was not happy when she couldn’t come up with a reason why she kept it…. Stefan literally attacked the dark alter-ego out of Alaric to help find the last stake capable of killing the Originals…. It’s also back to square one for the gang in finding out where Stefan, Damon and Caroline’s bloodline come from since Kol took out Rose’s maker, Mary Porter…. Oh, and speaking of those dastardly, Old World vamps, Rebekah’s body is now being possessed by the spirit of her dead witch mom, Esther!

Was the big kiss everything you imagined it would be and more (or less), Delena fans? What does it mean for first love, Stefan? And what do you think Esther is up to? More importantly, is Rebekah OK?! Weigh in below in the comments.

1. Sarinha says:

I love that scene ! Was sexy and hot, a lot more of what i was expecting!! But i want more in the finale!

• lorna says:

That WAS HOT!!! Got me Hot. haha.

• A. says:

Personally, I thought the whole “move” was stupid, but it’s not like Elena is the sharpest tool in the box to begin with so it made sense within the storyline. It ruined the flow as far as Tyler’s plot is concerned and they sure NOT know how to build the expectations as far as the season finale is concerned, but shippers got what they wanted even if the ratings tank as well.

• melinky says:

You are SO correct! Elena has so much more chemistry with Damon than she does with Stefan. I liked her with Stefan, but a relationship with Damon is so much more promising. I think what surprised me the most is Damon has a ton of chemistry with all of his ladies, but with Elena, it’s off the charts. His hotness quotient just quadrupled!

• sarah says:

It was super hot!! I am still a Stelena shipper though.
      I really like the scene in the car with Rose explaining it all to Jeremy, so true and so perfect

2. Kristen says:

I’m in Delena heaven. Three years of waiting, and that kiss, that move just showed us all what she feels. And gave us and Damon, something to really fight for! Best scene ever, best couple ever, best journey ever and INCREDIBLE SONG choice. NEVER GIVING UP ON THESE TWO!

• Susy says:

Amen! I’m so freaking happy too! DELENA rules!!!
      Finally we see Elena showing who she truly loves- and we Delenians have known it all along!!! Never give up on true love!

3. Gabi says:

Amazing! Absolutely spectacular! I think with Rose’s comments, they’re building towards her picking Damon.

4. LuckyStar80 says:

I am so upset at Elena! Damon is not a toy! She cant keep stringing him alone. With all that Damon goodness and she gives him the “oh, I dont know” card. How can she not know. She loves him, I know it, Damon, knows it, Stephan knows it, Rose knows it, Alaric sees it, Jeremy noticed, Caroline questioned her about it in the beginning of the season. How can SHE not know?

5. Guy's Perspective says:

People always want the girl to go for the bad boy. Damon over Stefan. In True Blood it’s Eric over Bill. Just like real like, women pick the bad guy and overlook the good guy.

• Damon Lover says:

Your just pissed because no girl will date you!

• mooshki says:

Yeah, ’cause Stefan is such a “good guy.” Oh, and in real life, guys who think they are a “good guy” are often just passive-aggressive jerkwads.

• Vanessa says:

Wow, calm down there, sista. While Stefan certainly isn’t an angel, the show does paint him to be the “good guy” and Damon and the “bad boy.” I hate to admit it, but I do think that Guy’s Perspective makes a valid point. Plenty of my friends do dump good guys and are always wanting the guy who treats them poorly. I don’t get it.

6. Jane says:

HATED it. Just shows Elena is just like Katherine. At least Katherine admits she wanted both brothers, Elena won’t and continues to play them against each other.

• Meggo says:

THANK YOU, Jane! Totally agree! I can’t stand Elena for many reasons but this is one of the biggest.

• Anne says:

Preach! I’m one of the few who think that Elena deserves neither brother. Her character has gone downhill…

• Joanne says:

I agree with Meggo, Jane, and Anne.. Send Elena off to college or off Wickery Bridge I really do not care at this point what happens to her character. Put Bonnie with Stephan and bring in someone totally new as Damon love interest and let get back to the Vampire Diaries and not the I am confused and torn Elena show.

• Annoyed Fan says:

OH LORD, thank you for this. I’ve been a fan of the books since the 90s and that is what’s always bothered me about Elena. She wants to have her cake and eat it too, and somehow both boys still just continue to adore her despite the fact that if Elena were a real person, her indecisiveness would have sabotaged both relationships hardcore.

Which is, in the end, the reason that drawn out love triangles just get frustrating. No real person would put up with it for that long.

• Jane says:

This back and forth sucks. ENOUGH! Just put her one with of them and be done with it. Once again they are fighting over the SAME girl with the SAME face as their MAKER!? Sounds like they still love Katherine but a nice shiny new and sweet version. Give Damon to Bonnie or heck Stefan to Bonnie and just end this mess.

7. Jen says:

YESSSSSSS DELENA!!!!

8. Danny says:

It was ok, not too surprising really. Was worried Jeremy was going to die already, which might happen my the end of the season. :(

9. Suz says:

Really enjoyed the episode and that kiss was amazing!! I’m actually not a “Delena” fan but WOW what a kiss!! Good job to all actors from Matt Davis (when evil Alaric came out you instantly saw it in his eyes, great job, to that emotional kiss scene with Ian and Nina and especially loved seeing Steven back (missed him!!)

10. Holly says:

Loved it!!!! Been waiting for a Delena moment like that for a while now

11. HcdP says:

I totally flailed about when it hit me that Elena was the one to kiss Damon and not the other way around. It made hope that I can one day totally get resolution on this. And while I really, really want for Elena to choose Damon, I do think thar Elena needs to decide once and for all whether she can really be with him. Or whether she can really be with Stefan either.

12. Josh says:

Ugh its nasty one brother to the next is not sexy its gross and

13. Nelly says:

Loved it!!!! Kinda upset that she just did it to find out of she had feelings for him & not because she really wanted to do it….

14. x says:

Elena is such a WHORE, going to kiss her boyfriends (0r ex) brother that is just BAD. The CW always has its females being big promiscuous except for one.

• Jane says:

I’m sorry, it’s the twenty-first century. A girl fully in control of her sexuality, trying to figure out how she feels about two guys, does not make her a WHORE. Can we please retire this sexist, offensive word? I don’t see you calling Damon any names.

• Tarc says:

“Whore” and the scarlet letters are part of the new Republican agenda, if you haven’t noticed. After all Repubs in Arizona have passed (or are passing) a law that says that birth control can only be used for medical necessity (not birth control), birth control cannot be paid for under insurance plans, and that employers can fire and woman (at will) that is using birth control. Look it up.

• Mira says:

yes this is the 21st century where vampires dont exist.

15. Beth says:

I have always been a Stelena fan, but even I admit the kiss, and the buildup to it, was HOT! I still don’t want her to end up with Damon, but I think this episode showed us which direction the show will be going in…which I don’t like, but they do have to explore Delena for her to realize she belongs with Stefan. :)

• Marla Graber says:

Agreed. If Stefan’s love is pure and will “always be good for her” than this opens the door for a little temporary Damon action. Not that that’s a bad thing….I just don’t see Damon being happy with himself with Elena. He doesn’t WANT to be the good guy but Elena will expect that…and Damon doesn’t like expectations.

16. Laura says:

it was it realy was! I can’t type no more, because I’m literally shaking :)

17. mia says:

Omg I was at the gym and nearly made a TOTAL spectacle of myself during that scene. Sooo good!

18. Rebecca says:

I don’t see how Katherine and Elena are a like. Katherine loved Stefan and loved to mess with Damon. Elena is conflicted. Not the same thing.

• Jill says:

ABSOLUTELY. People need to lay off Elena. She is sincerely, truly conflicted, and not purposefully stringing along anyone.

19. Rachel says:

My heart starting breaking,but I did sneek a tiny look through a crack of my hands that covered my eyes. I reeeeeallly hope she does all this to see its Stefan she loves. sadly girls do pick the bad guy over the good guy. But women pick the good guy because in the end you can’t change the bad guy. Good guy stay true to yourself there are still smart women out there.

20. Calla Lilly says:

IT WAS THE BEST THING EVERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Amanda says:

Loved the scene and the entire episode ! The acting in the episode was also amazing !

22. Ryan says:

Honestly, I thought Rose’s speech sold it for me. I was excited by it (and totally waiting for it to be a dream), but I think that even though she’s conflicted, Elena is also a tease and I’m not a fan of this. I know they’ve said the triangle will be over in the finale (at least for a while) but I don’t buy it. It’ll be a sell out at this point if she goes back to Stefan at the end of the season.
    I’m an Ian Somerhalder fan, but she probably belongs with Stefan and not Damon (Ian is so beautiful though!).

For that matter, WHERE IS ELIJAH?! I’d love to see the end of this season be “Oh, I’m sorry, I’m not picking either brother. I’m gonna go cozy up to the incredibly attractive/perfect hair/honorable AND mysterious original”

• Ryan says:

So I meant that she will *ultimately* end up with Stefan, but it’s only logical to go with Damon for a bit otherwise this was all for nothing and season three was a huge waste.

23. Amy says:

Was it hot? Yes. Did I like it? No. I kept hoping she was dreaming or Damon was making her dream like he did Rose. Never really expected to be “real.”

24. stelena4ever&ever says:

Ugh. They shouldn’t have gone there. She has no business kissing Damon when she knows she’s still in love with Stefan. I was hoping somehow they’d keep her from being like Katherine, but sadly she is headed down that exact same path. And the bad boy debate? People, they’re both vampires who have killed people. They’re both kind of bad boys. Anyway I’m not going to worry about it because Delena will never work. Just won’t. And I like Rachel’s theory that maybe this stuff with Damon will make her realize it’s Stefan she really loves. And I believe it is. So here’s hoping. He is the one she takes to the dance after all.

25. bella says:

Does anyone know the name of the song played during that kiss scene? much appreciated. & whheeewww what a steamy episode

• Florence and the Machine Never let me go.

• veronica collins says:

You may all want to crucify me, but I after they used Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine for the kiss scene between Nikita and Michael last year, this seemed a bit like a stolen idea to me(cosmic love is also a nicer song). And at least Nikita is not a judgemental bore that spoils the end!

26. alwaysstelena says:

As a Stelena fan, I may actually be more upset about Rose’s pro-Damon spiel that having to watch Delena kiss. I mean are the writers’ really pulling the “Stefan’s the safe choice, Damon challenges her” cop out? Really that’s what you want to go with? Why are they like negating the Stelena relationship at like every turn? From what I’ve read JP and co accept but don’t like that this love triangle means half the fan base will always be disappointed so why treat Stelena fans like this? If you want to explore Delena fine, we can suck it up, but don’t act like Stelena meant less than it did or imply that it’s boring or “safe” (in the obviously negative way).That’s not right. This is why I haven’t been watching much this season b/c the writers are crapping all over Stefan and Stelena just to build up Delena. Very uncool. And I will never believe that Jeremy would be cool with Delena no matter what drivel Rose or anyone throws at him. Also I’m going to go with Damon is the worst thing for her. A Delena relationship will never work in my opinion.

• Beth says:

Could not agree moe with this post!!

• Em says:

“Stefan will always be good for her” is crapping on him? Get a grip. Delena fans got some BS about how he challenges her (true, but there are other reasons). I also thought they held WAY back on Ripper Stefan, when I really wanted him to go all in. They obviously did that so that he could still be the “right,” appropriate choice. Stelena fans are so hostile.

• Joanne says:

Now that you mentioned it, for the last few months I have taped the show and normally fast forward past the scenes with Elena and Damon. When did it become boring to love and be attracted to someone who is nice. Nice does not equal boring, this is just lazy writing.. I agree with your opinion about Jeremy and Damon, at least he seems to remember all the horrible things Damon has done. Forgiving is wonderful, but you do not forget. Rose was around for 5 minutes, what does she know! She was always on the run and admitted she never had any real relationship, so who is she to give advice to anyone.

• April says:

For me, I don’t think they were trying to say Stelena is less than Delena or that Stefan is boring. Rose just said the facts. Stefan is the safe,stable and reliable choice and Damon is the challenging and exciting choice that makes Elena question herself. That’s just who they are. It’s not a put-down.

• Kira says:

When the writers want to promote Delena they crap on Stefan. When they want to promote Stelena they crap on Damon. God forbid they actually write a semi-mature love triangle. Throwing one brother under the bus to prop the other up is quicly getting old. I’m starting to hope they both tell Elena to go screw herself. Let them find women who can actually NOT have feelings for both brothers!! But of course that won’t happen. My prediction for the end of season: Klaus turns Elena and the brothers are once again sucked back in.

• cindy says:

AMEN SISTER! You said it all…except mentionning Elena’s whorish behavior…shame on her from going to one brother to the other. Katherine at least kept it real.

27. Florence and the Machine Never let me go. Great band.

28. d says:

great episode excecpt for one thing..with kol killing the mary vamp that would be a good thing..that way rose could speak to her and see who turned her and then tell jeremy

29. Stefan never gave her that kind of passion

30. Abby says:

Can we talk about the most startling turn of events in this episode? Matt actually having a plotline/ actual chemistry with another character. Kinda digging his connection with Rebecca.

And for the record, say what you will about them as a couple, the Damon/Elena kiss was hot.

• Russ says:

I like Rebekah but with her being taken over my Esther I fear the worst. I hope that the bloodline Katherine created comes from her and not Klaus. Having Klaus be the bloodline feels kinda like a cop out to me. But I like Rebekah so I might be a little bias.

• Tarc says:

I hope to the utmost extent that the Mystic Falls vampires are Elijah’s line. The rest of the Originals can go anytime – the sooner the better.

31. Danielle H says:

Good episode. The ending had me so confused though. I had to stop and ponder whether or not the actual person the whole time had been Esther or not.. but thanks for clearing that up about the possession.
    Loved the Delena kiss.. although Elena’s indecision is just a joke at this point. Mauling a guy then still being undecided about feelings? Come the eff on, girl.
    Forwood action was nice too.. although maybe Tyler should have given Caroline a chance to explain for 2 secs?
    Cute appearance by Rose and great acting by Matt Davis. A very solid ep.

32. Joanne says:

How is it possible for Elena to forget everything Damon has done to people she supposedly cares about, and the things he has also done to her ( the two times he made her drink his blood!). If this storyline leads to Elena and Damon becoming a couple, I will no longer watch the show. This brother thing is really bothersome. I thought I read somewhere, the writers do not bow to pressure from fans when they write the storylines, it seems as if that is exactly what they are doing. We all know Nina and Ian date in real life, do we really need to see it play out on TV?

• Anon says:

I always thought the central premise of TVD was the love triangle between Elena and the brothers. At least, that’s what I remember reading as the series description way back when I first saw the pilot.

Also, Stefan is not exactly perfect… remember when he threatened to drive Elena off Wickery Bridge, the same bridge where her parents died, where she almost died? (After he also made her drink his blood). The thing is, Elena will always forgive the Salvatores, so that she can remain conflicted regarding her feelings for them–i.e., the central premise of the show.

• alwaysstelena says:

See this is one of the things that bothers me about the writing this season. That whole Wickery Bridge scene was crap. I don’t care if Stefan is all messed up and not himself, he would never have done that. The writers took the whole “bad Stefan” thing too far with that storyline. There should be a line and they crossed it. I mean they specifically wrote Stefan as being very protective of Elena’s vampire/human choice and even worse him being that cruel about it? That was like beyond Klaus cruel. Way too much of a stretch. I mean one episode he’s going to kill himself to protect her and then like a handful of episodes later he’s doing the cruelest possible thing to her? I don’t think so. This storyline was garbage. It’s like they just needed to create a reason to make people angry at Stefan so Damon (and all the crap he’s pulled) looks better. That’s what I’m talking about when I said they were crapping all over Stefan and Stelena. I’m sorry if I came across as hostile, that wasn’t my intention. Just got a little over passionate there with my opinion. And I admit there were worse things Rose could’ve said about Stelena, but it just kinda felt like that was some writers passive aggressive dig at Stelena. Maybe I’m interpreting wrong idk. I happen to think though that Stelena are very passionate and exciting and Stefan challenges her in his own way. I’m just not sure that the writers should be so blatantly comparing the two couples in dialogue in the show. It’s just certain to start even more fan wars. Which just to be clear I’m not trying to do. I don’t like Delena, but everyone’s entitled to their opinion. Whatever floats your boat.

• Ruby says:

The plot of the show is based on the plot of the books. It’s always going to be about Elena’s struggle between the two brothers. If you don’t like it, you might as well bow out now.

33. clara54 says:

NOT loving it! Reportedly an item in reality, somehow spoils a tv hookup, for me! Anyhoo, Stefan is the one, just need to mess around with a witch for Elena to come running back..

34. Em says:

Hey, Nina, today we need you to make out with your super gorgeous, real-life boyfriend for several hours, and we’re going to pay you for it. Best. Job. Ever.

35. AnnClau says:

Okay, am I the only who thinks Damon and Rebekah together would be nice eventually? And maybe you’re all about that kiss we’ve all been waiting for, because yes Damon and Elena together for a while, yeah, but not forever. But I’m actually more about the what does it mean for Rebekah that her mother’s possessing her? I really hope she is gonna be fine. I actually like her. And also, where the hell is Elijah?

• dude says:

Completely agree. First of all, Damon/Rebekah are crazy hot together but I’m really worried. I hope this possesion isn’t Rebekah’s swan song and that she actually remains on the show and is promoted to regular. She’s the best part of TVD.

• Russ says:

I hope it isn’t her swan song either, the only saving grace we have for Rebekah is that she is the bloodline that create all half the character on the show. If not I feel Klaus will willingly sacrifice his sister to kill his mother.

36. erin says:

whats the song they were playing!! when they were kissing and when they were in the car! jeremy talking to rose whats the song!!

37. dude says:

Of course Elena/Damon have chemistry but what I really hate and the reason I don’t support them is that we’re being told to love them. One Tree Hill did the same with Lucas/Peyton. If the couple is meant to be, let them be meant to be but don’t TELL me they’re meant to be. That they feel the need to have Rose break down the reasons why Damon should be with Elena just makes me not want them together.

• Twin says:

How is this worse than pretty much all the PTB of TVD obsessingly insisting on Stelena being this “epic” love story for YEARS?

38. Ruby says:

This article is written like a fanfic.

Love Damon/Elena. It’s about damn time.

39. Lauren says:

I absolutely LOVED this episode for Damon & Elena. I think that was the hottest onscreen kiss I have seen in awhile. In many ways, Damon & Elena remind me of Chuck & Blair. Like Chuck & Blair, I think they continuously will encounter obstacles too but ultimately be endgame. Having Rose’s speech in the episode definitely speaks a lot about how the writers see the pairings. Ultimately, I think Elena goes with the challenging choice and sees that Damon will be the best for her rather than the worst. I think she has to get past that fear though of not falling back on the safe choice. Katherine always will choose Stefan in the end. Elena will pick Damon. We just have to keep up the patience. Today definitely helped with showcasing their ridiculously great chemistry!

40. 411-stelena forever! says:

I have to say even though I’m a total stelena fan, that kiss was indeed hot. I’m really confused on what happened to Kathrine and Elijah though… Can anyone enlighten me on that? I feel that the whole delena thing they have going is just to make her realize that she loves Stephan and he’s the ultimate choice for her. Personally, the Esther and Rebekah posession deal freaked me out because I saw how Rebekah acted when they “switched” bodies and I instantly knew she used her witchy powers somehow. I believe Rebekah and Damon belong together.

41. June says:

Tonight’s show was the best show ever! the Damen and Elana scene, took my breath away ! you all make a terrific couple, and you are also together in real life congratulations to the both of you, love you guys and keep up the good work.

42. Tarc says:

Eh, I was much mroe impressed with: 1) Matt Davis’s acting, and 2) Zach Roerig’s seroiusly gymmed new bod. And I had to ask: if Scary Mary died, why couldn’t Rose have asked her who was her sire?

• Jane says:

Mary was killed by Kol while Damon and Elena were entering the house. You saw their reactions when they heard a loud noise, followed the noise, and found a staked Mary. Good point, however, for following up in the future with Rose/Jeremy in querying Mary now that she’s met the true death.

• Peng9803 says:

Or Jeremy. Not only did Rose have a connection but so did Damon. I know that Anna and Vicki didn’t talk. Anna knew Vicki was bad but she didn’t know exactly what was going on.

43. Maryam says:

I don’t understand how Elena is still conflicted after that kiss? I know it’s hard for her to admit that she loves Damon but the least she could do is say maybe!!! I am sick of her saying I don’t know. Girlfriend needs to figure it out fast.This triangle needs to move forward. Also if Stefan was the one she loved/loves then why the need to figure out her feelings for Damon???? Hell why develop feelings or whatever it is she feels if the love Elena and Stefan have is so epic??? I just don’t buy this epic love Stefan and Elena share.

44. C says:

I’m sorry everyone but I lost focus after their hot and steamy make-out scene, but that cliffhanger was a doozy for me. really didn’t expect that along with the Delena scene.

45. Remy says:

I loved the kissing scene that was hot but i didnt like the scenes after. How cruel is it to kiss him like that and then tell him she doesn’t know if she has feelings for him. I’m glad he stood up for himself and told her how it was. She needed that. I think shes kind of selfish. There going on about how she will make a choice but i think she will choose herself.

46. ikea6825 says:

I think this was my favorite episode of the whole series!!! Big time lover of redemption stories (i.e. Spike & Buffy). I think the best line of the show was Rose telling Jeremy that Elena makes Damon a better person and he challenges her. And that is everything and a bag of chips!!!!!!! LOVELOVELOVELOVED this episode!! Thank you Julie!!!!!!

47. Suzy says:

I’m tired of it being the Elena show already! Pair Stefan up with her or give him someone new and the same with Damon. Enough with the back and forth between the two of them!!!! Let Damon be with Bonnie can handle him and Elena can get new man or something.

48. Mina says:

Im heart stopped!

49. Marla says:

Anybody else concerned with the specific mention by Caroline that “They” all know that killing Klaus may kill Tyler but “DAMON doesn’t care”? Uh oh. Big red flag.

• Yeah, I’m confused why she was singling out Damon in the first place. Did he specifically say something about this situation? I feel like Stefan is right there with him on wanting to kill Klaus so long as he’s not their bloodline.

• Peng9803 says:

She’s singling out Damon because Damon is reckless when it comes to self-preservation. He doesn’t care who he has to kill in order to survive. He has a very small list of people who he cares about and the rest are just toys he can easily throw away. There could be many others in Klaus’ bloodline besides Tyler that could be important that they aren’t aware of yet. Klaus is a threat to Damon. Tyler doesn’t matter to Damon. It’s nothing personal. Tyler hasn’t proven to Damon to be worth anything. If Caroline was not part of the same bloodline as Damon, do you think he would really care about her fate either? Caroline was stressing Damon’s name to showcase to Tyler that his fate is not guaranteed like hers is. Damon is protecting himself which in turns protects her. Tyler doesn’t have that luxury. And there is nothing that Caroline or Tyler can do to save Tyler unless they end up all being from Klaus’ bloodline. Learning that is Tyler’s only protection from death.

50. Elena bugged me last night. Why does she go and kiss Damon like that, and then claim she doesn’t know how she feels? That’s not fair to him. She can’t just keep toying with him because she can’t make up her mind. Urg. It was lovely to see Rose again, though!