Exclusive

The Glades Exclusive: CSI: Miami's Taylor Cole Cops Recurring Role

CSI: Miami beauty Taylor Cole is headed to The Glades.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Cole will recur in the upcoming third season of A&E’s cop drama, playing Jennifer Starke, a dynamic FDLE Bureau Chief.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes!

Starke is sent to the South Florida station to evaluate its high success rate in hopes of recreating it state-wide. But when it becomes clear that said success is due to Det. Longworth’s unique approach to law, Cole’s character changes her evaluation tactics, which creates an “interesting” dynamic between the two.

Cole’s other recent TV credits include Two and a Half Men and NBC’s short-lived The Event.

Season 3 of The Glades is set to premiere in June.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Emg94 says:

What about Callie??!

• Jake says:

I’m not so gung ho with Callie… She has an irritating voice.

• Steven Smith says:

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks so. If they start back that ‘on again, off again’ BS with Callie and Longworth I’m not going to even try to stomach this show any more. It’d be very good if they’d stop the Callie crap and even more so, the annoying story lines with her kid.

• Lucinda says:

I agree about Callie…ENOUGH OF HER & that stupid storyline!!!! I’m thrilled they are bringing in someone else as a potential interest!!!!

• Karla says:

I know that it is TV drama and all, but I think that it bends towards reality depicting the difficulty in entering into relationships, especially when children are involved. This makes the drama more believable.

Perhaps the storyline is written so as to get people thinking before leaping into relationships – other programs made entering into relationships seem easy…

I tend to agree – the Longworth/Callie relationship NEEDS to go past “GO,” and collect the “$200.))” enough already…either bring them together or keep them apart… stop treating the Longworth character like an indecisive gigolo… REALLY!!

Yet, I have appreciated the TIME it took for the story between the two to develop…

As for Callie’s voice…who’s perfect…let him/her cast the first comment…

• JoanieGranola says:

During the second season the Longworth character wasn’t an indecisive gigilo – he’s the one who wanted to commit to the relationship but Callie didn’t want to because of her son and federal witness husband. But the most annoying part of the dynamic was not that she didn’t want to be in a relationship with him – it was that she didn’t want him to be in a relationship with anyone unless it was her. So, the script for her in season two was much more shrew-like and made her character much less likable than in season one. As long as the writers can get past that crap and just make the two of them friends, the show will go back to being enjoyable to watch.

• Barbara Adams says:

I so agree, I am over Callie well to tell the truth I never really was onboard to begin with.

• Beth says:

So true! She whines…

• Mary T. says:

Please just make that irritating whiney Callie person go away. Strong? You have got to be kidding me. I have not watched the Glades since the last half of Season 2 because I just couldn’t take her anymore. Please make her just go away. Atlanta – – Chicago – – anywhere.

• Mary says:

Do we really have to have another cop/detective show where a woman in law enforcement shows their cleavage???? Except for both NCIS´s and Rizzoli and Isles the rest of them do and now you can add another one to the list. Sorry to see it, this show can hold its own without making professional woman look slutty.

• Jaye says:

I sure do agree with that. This new woman should dress like the professional she is supposed to be and not a hooker. Maybe Callie isn’t perfect but this person isn’t even close to presentable. The writers have made Callie whiny. They should stop. And they should dress this new person appropriately. The boss woman always looks professional and dresses decently but not dowdy.

• FD says:

ABSOLUTELY. And she is AN AWFUL actor. She’s busier posing than she is getting in to her role. Callie may have had an annoying voice but she seems genuine. This lady looks like a Miss America contestant telling everyone she’s for world peace.

• Bob says:

I loved this show but a bureau Chief that doesn’t understand how to catch criminals. As well a chief that looks like that how did she get the job? What was a good show is now a predictable slut show. Let Longworth do his thing make it a dramma and throw whiny callie out and first get rid of that bureau chief that slept her way to the top. Goodbye Glades

2. Maggie says:

please don’t put her between Longworth & Callie!!!! They have such a great chemistry & I was so happy to see them get it together at the end of season 2!! Don’t ruin it for us!

• Alice says:

Grrr. They’ve had that same storyline of extra person for two seasons now. Is it so difficult to write a story about two people who have a great relationship? I like Callie and believe she is a good role model for single mom’s who do tend to work more than one job and make decisions based on their kids. It’s not likely that most women can do all that Callie does, but it’s also unlikely that detectives are able to get away with the thing Jim does on the job – this is television.

• Jessica Cohen says:

I totally agree. The chemistry is amazing. Also Ms Cole is beautiful but a horrible actress. She has zero chemistry with the cast

3. rebecca says:

Jim & Callie just got together.. please don’t tear them apart this soon!

4. Kevin says:

She should be Wonder Woman……seriously. She’s quite awesome.

5. Nerwen Aldarion says:

Well obviously she is there to cause more tension between Callie and Jim…didn’t they do that already with his old girlfriend from Chicago though?

6. kate says:

OMG! If they let her character come in between Callie and Jim, I will never watch this series again.

• Susi says:

Me either!!!!!

• Barbara Adams says:

But I will

• Sheila says:

I agree with you, Barbara. I was so irritated with Callie because she wouldn’t commit to Jim and yet didn’t want HIM to have any relationship either. She really became quite a witch and I was hoping she would take that other job.

• Lalacharley says:

I agree! I didn’t like Starke the first time she was on. If they go in that direction again I’m gone and so are my friends and family. We were so excited to see them get together in the season finale. Now they are going to take it away yet again?

• fstewart says:

I AGREE–TAYLOR ?– ,–SERIOUSLY ?- A COP IN A RED DRESS WITH A SLIT AND A PATENT LEATHER GUN BELT TO MATCH -WHAT INSULT -THERE IS A COP CONSULTANT !!!!-CALLIE AND JIM ROCK –BUT LOVE ON TV SHOW ??????

• ldcobb2009 says:

i agree. ihave waited 3 seasons 4 jim & callie to finally get together. i like the tension, but if they break up, i’m done with the glades. i like happy endings.

7. kirads09 says:

I echo all the thoughts about not putting another wedge/problem between Jim and Callie.
    And yes, this sounds similar to the old girlfriend from Chicago arc.

8. Renee says:

I’ve just started watching season 1. I like it.

• Lucinda says:

Just wait…you will get sick of Callie & her inability to make a decision. She is whiny and I’m sick of her & Jim…plus Season 2 there was not one episode where she looked good. She’s an expert at everything & she has more time on her hands~so not realistic for a single mom-nurse-med student! The whole storyline is crap is Season 2! Here’s hoping the writers got a clue for Season 3!

• Dory says:

I realize you must be a totally gorgeous woman to write what you did about Callie. But in my lifexperience beautiful woman (and yes i know a few) don’t put down the less fortunate. Hope you might consider being kinder to people not up to your standard of beauty. Criticize the acting, the production and the writers. I like Callie’s looks and consider her Jims’ physical equal. Agree that season 2 was awful.

9. joterri says:

for the love of Pete don’t put her between Callie and Longworth!!!!

10. Mick says:

Was she on Summerland she looks oddly familiar and I don’t watch CSI:Miami

11. Ella says:

I wish they’d bring her back on Supernatural. She was awesome with Sam, best love interest EVER.

12. Trista says:

I think it is more likely she will either try to woo him away to her precinct or that she will try to replicate his own brand of law enforcement. I don’t believe that they will bring another woman in to get between Callie and Jim this soon. They will both have their hands filled anyway because I don’t beleive Jeff is going to be thrilled that his mother has moved on from his dad with Jim.

13. sarah says:

I love the Glades but really, as if we need another girl to come between Jim and Callie. They just got together again and now this girl will ruin it all!?!?!

14. suzi says:

I enjoy and miss this show, I’m glad to see it’s returning. I’ll also cast another vote for “No more break-ups between Jim and Callie. Sometimes the long drawn-out drama-filled courtships work, but sometimes they just get in the way of a good relationship.

15. Here we go they are going to mess with 2 main characters relationship..If it appears to be heading that way, I’m done with watching.

16. Robin Bailey says:

Okay I love this show and I love Jim and Callie together..PLEASE don’t seperate them..AGAIN..I will just quite watching…geez

17. PJ says:

Did any good acting come from CSI: Miami?!

18. Shelbystar says:

So. FRAKKING. EXCITED! I heart the Glades. I love Jim and Callie together. Their chemistry is comparable to EJ & Sami (for you DOOL peeps)…like burning up the screen…en fuego. Carlos always cracks me up too.

19. Jay McArdle says:

I don’t know if Callie and Jim will work out in the long run anyways, Jim does his job great but he is a modern age cowboy of sorts, going in without back up, pissing off the wrong people, etc. Having a real relationship would affect his method of getting the job done. Don’t get me wrong I think the chrs. fit together and I would like to see how that plays out I just not sure how it would work out.

20. ndb says:

Well if you’re going to mess with Callie and Jim, I ‘d just as soon not stay around. It’s really annoying, y’know, and it changes my perception of Jim. I really liked him in season 1; season 2 – I trusted him less and at one point would have gladly slapped him for his bad behaviour toward Callie. (When he very rudely told her she should get another job when the FDLE took her on as a forensic nurse.)
    And no, because she has a husband and son to consider as well as Jim does not give him license to pant after an old ex who screwed him around the first time.
    If you’re going to throw another female into the mix to stir things up – I won’t watch anymore. Too bad we couldn’t just assume that she really is there just for business. Now that would be something.

• Sheila says:

HIS bad behavior??? Callie is the one that couldn’t/wouldn’t commit to the relationship because of her ex and yet she expected Jim to just sit around and wait for whenever she finally made up her mind! She became so whiny and annoying and jealous that it made me not like her character anymore. I wish she had taken the other job.

• Deidre says:

I am of the opinionthat season 2 ruined the show. Jim’s treatment of Callie and the when the very horrible actress playing Sam dumped him he slumped against the wall. Next ep back to Callie. No matter how hunky a guy is who could respect themselves if they allowed that but this tv and they have to take some creative license. I’m surprised they got a season 3. Based on that they probably will get a 4. Look at the promos they are definately building up something between Jen & jim. How could they make such a mess out of such a great start. They are only characters. Its the writers. Oh as for the scene where Manus & Carlos go to Jim;s house to swim they may want to rethink the beachware they put on Manus Too late! Maybe next time.

• Dory says:

Agree he treated her horribly. He was the one who slept with a wet deck. Callie was writtten as NOt to be sleeping with Ray. If I had a choice to watch season 2 or shave my eyeballs, I’d pick the latter.

21. linda says:

If this is going to be another season of “Callie”, I am done with this show. The writers need to get real…..where does a nursing student all of a sudden start diagnosing patients & telling the RNs & doctors how to do their job? Pack Callie up & send her off to the soon-to-be-ex husband!!

22. Richard Tompkins says:

Please don’t make this a soap opera, keep it a crime show.

• Debbie Freeman says:

I agree. However, all night-time TV has a degree of soap opera in it. It all depends on the writers. Everyone else can be replaced.

23. annie says:

lots of shows coming up in june—suits, falling skies, couple more that i cant think of right now…

24. Can’t we please have one happy Jim/Callie season? Please!

25. Marge Brennan says:

FDLE Starke perfect lets put the heat on. Yesss!! The man needs to spin off his stimulating characteristics. Detective Jim Longworth has that quiet sensuality bring it to light. He’s Justa Boy..can Madonna say it any better. Tentilating..Nothing wrong with sextensing the surrounding relationships. Also nothing wrong with texting the wrong chicadie..smiling

• dorisdoris murray says:

I agree Marge that Stark is awesome. I just didn’t understand what you meant. This is not sarcasm I don’t

• deidre says:

I really don’t know what this lady is writing. I do believe she may be in some way associated with the show. I have seen her on other boards.Marge could clarify Seems to be associated with Mp & KS twitter accts. Maybe Marge could clarify. Thanks and sorry if I jumped to conclusions.

26. Rodney says:

Settle down ladies.After all it is just a TV show.It seems that women have a big problem with Callies character(she is just a charachtet remember….).
    I hardly watch any tv but think this is one GREAT show and I wouldnt change any thing about it except the time slot. Call me shallow but Callie is easy on the eyes and Longworth totally cracks me up.MORE OF THE GLADES PLEASE!!

• Sheila says:

I actually liked Callie all during Season 1 and hoped they would get together. It was her indecision/jealousy that turned me off from her. She wants to try and make it work with her ex? That’s fine. Just don’t get all bent out of shape because Jim moves on and starts dating someone else. You can’t eat your cake and have it, too.

27. DIANA says:

KEEP THIS SHOW ON THE AIR AND PLEASE DON’T MAKE US WAIT SO LONG BETWEEN SEASONS, THIS IS A GOOD SHOW AND I WAITED WEEKLY FOR IT. WE NEED MORE SHOWS AND LOVE THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN JIM AND CALLIE

28. DIANA says:

love it

29. Tammy says:

Love this show! Caught season 1 on Netflix then has to buy 2 on iTunes cuz couldn’t wait. So looking forward to 3. HEART Jim & Callie!

30. Jim says:

I think the show is one of the best on, just wish their were longer seasons. The writers are doing an excellent job or at least seem to be from the amount of emotional input from most respondants. I can’t wait for S-3. Keep it coming!!

31. doris murray says:

Taylor Cole is a totally beautiful girl. I am not watching the Glades. Not because of her. The show has become a mess. Our little group will try Longmire and have already tried Breakout. I wish much luck to this awesome Texas gal. Who knows she may be Jim,s next love interest.

32. August says:

I really like this show and would not be a fan if I didn’t. It’s time for Jim & Callie to
    be together.They make such a great couple & They have great chemistry.
    Callie need’s to quit trying to please everyone and put all her effort’s into her
    and Jim’s relationship. And we need to see more of just them having some alone
    time, know what I mean…
    Please don’t try to put someone else between them, It won’t fly….

33. Dang – I’m now not that excited about Season 3. This sounds like a repeat of Season 2. Is this all you have writers?

34. Taylor C says:

I think Callie is awesome

• Dory says:

Since you used an initial instead of a last name, I can’t be sure if you are Taylor Cole but a few comments anyway. I think you and Callie have been subjected to criticism that is totally unfair. The fact that you took the time to compliment Callie is awesome. I feel you have a great career ahead. Of course you are beautiful but that aside you are what my nana would call A REAL LADY!

35. Karen says:

I am so excited about Season #3. I think Callie & Jim should have more love scenes to seal the deal. Just let them evolve together as a couple finding their way within the ups and downs of his crime fighting. Trying to keep each other out of harms way and yet doing their job but also involving them both into situations that just happen, wrong place and stuff happens. Sun, fun and crime solving is the ticket and a hot romance will bring everyone back wanting more. Callie can do less wining after all it is a character.

36. paca says:

Wow. Taylor Cole? She’s so terrific in anything that she does. Outstanding casting job. Oh, and did I tell you that Taylor Cole is probably in the top two hotties of all time? And I can’t think of who the other one is. WOW.

37. BrookeD says:

From the tv guide “guide” it looks like Callie is without a job. Dunno what happened there…I guess after she was held hostage or whatever on the season finale. I hope they go back to basics and do police work. She needs to make up her mind what she wants to do. She needs to put her son and her job first then worry about a man…

38. ann says:

The show would be a big fat “ZERO” If Callie and Jim were not together..I was horrfied last year when Sam came in..I refuse to look at any of those epsoides with her in them..I sure hope the writers don’t go off again with some other woman..Only Callie..they were meant to be together

39. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER CALLIE IS IN OR OUT?

• fstewart says:

• UBFIT2 says:

Couldn’t agree more. Used to find this show moderately entertaining, but am calling it quits. The final straw was the addition of Taylor Cole’s character. They have her dressed in the most outlandishly unprofessional clothing for a senior level police officer. No woman in her position would prance around dressed like that. Lovely for a date, but detective work? Seriously? Plus, Ms. Cole brings nothing to the part. Her acting is poor and there is zero chemistry between her and Jim, or anyone in the cast. Her addition is clearly a ploy to “sex up” the show, but done in such a juvenile way it just ends up looking silly. I’m done.

40. sandra says:

Keep Callie, she’s grounded. Two law enforcement dating, boring.

41. tess says:

The new character is totally unbelievable. She behaves more like a stripper than the boss.

42. tom says:

I was curious if anyone know if Sanchez is pregnant in real life. They seem to be filming her without showing the midsection very often.

43. fstewart says:

MOREOVER GET RID OF TAYLOR !! IT HAS COMPLETELY TURNED ME OFF THE SHOW –

• Deidre says:

I agree about Carlos. He was very excited about Miss Cole coming on the show (twitter) . They all seem to look a little different. I thought Carlos was very sexy as he was. His face looks drawn. Could they have spruced up for Taylor? Oh boy I lost my sexy Carlos.

44. Nancy says:

No offense to Taylor Cole but I don’t want her charater to last.. I am really pissed that they are suggesting that her charater is getting envolved with Longworth…. Calie and Jim need to work on their relationship.. I know it is a tv show but i am sick and f@$n tired of tv shows always messing up story lines and charaters… Leave a good show alone for once…

45. Deidre says:

Lafies & Gentlemen have you seen the new promo for the 9th ep. No Callie in it just Jen & Jiim getting hotter. They hang from a tree. Meet the Glades new couple Ling Ling & Ming Ming.

46. Hz7 says:

I like Callie she does not show off her cleveage and she wears clothes with less make up – a more believable character. So put Callie and Jim together, they are more believeable couple who has issues. I dont want J&J then a show.. first is their name Jen and Jim secondly I cannot see them fighting as a couple with her hair, make up and shoes all so perfect.

47. Deidre says:

I just saw an opinion on another post which I thought was inappropriate. 1st Let me write I’m a KIele fan and hope it works out for her to stay. I don’t know how the 1st amendment goes on cable tv but to question who a character slept with to get her part seems way out of line. I don’t like KS being treated 2nd rate but the best protest is just don’t watch. The accusation was not about Kiele but COME ON.

48. visions pamela scott says:

I so enjoy the Glades and just wish for once a tv show would let love be love through difficult times and show a couple can make it through working hard at their relationship. It would be nice to if they would allow Jim to step up and Take care of Callie’s son while Callie is gone in his home. try to have at it as a family..Let them have problems like normal families, but also let them stick together as one. Just like I enjoy Jim and Carlos…they are a pair loll…But I also enjoy the love he has for her and want them to take it to the next step. If they choose to break them up then I chose not to watch it any more

49. Deidre says:

Re: Aug 5 ep. Putting aside Miss Coles beauty etc. My question is about Dave the self proclaimed spokesperson for a&etv admin. He insisted all along that Jim & Callie would stay together. Doesn’t look that way. Did admin truly approve this person or is he just a LIAR FOR HIRE? Really amatures.

50. Karen says:

The way the women detectives dress is more like they are going to cocktail parties, rather
    than to crime scenes. Lets get real stars and dress the parts.

• Jaye says:

That is so true. No one in a police department would dress like she does. I recorded the latest episode and cannot bring myself to watch it. I am so sick of what they are doing.