TVLine Items: Arrested Development 2.0 Update, House Alum to White Collar and More!

How does that crow taste, Arrested Development 2.0 naysayers?

Creator Mitch Hurwitz and several Bluth faves (including Will Arnett and Jeffrey Tambor) took the stage Tuesday at a Netflix-sponsored event, and revealed exciting new details about the second coming of the erstwhile comedy.

First up, Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that Arrested‘s upcoming fourth season — which goes into production this summer and consists of 10 new episodes — will be released in its entirety on the pay-streaming site sometime in 2013.

Other fun takeaways from the Netflix event (courtesy of Vulture):

• The new season will no longer be in anthology form, focusing on one Bluth or extended family member per episode (as was previously reported). Rather, Hurwitz said the reboot “is now evolving into becoming more like the old show again.”

• Bob Loblaw lives! When asked about the possibility of Scott Baio reprising his role as the Bluth’s attorney, Hurwitz confirmed, “We will bring him back… It’s kind of a one-joke thing. But if you guys don’t mind bringing it back, we’ll give it to you.”

• Hurwitz isn’t ruling out a fifth season. “We would love this to be the first first of many visits,” he shared.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Fox’s new dating show, Take Me Out, premieres Thursday, June 7 at 8/7c, and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the fast-paced, high-energy series.

• Michael Weston (House) will guest-star in an upcoming episode of White Collar playing a criminal who has eluded Peter since the start of his career, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes!

• The fifth and final season of Damages premieres Wednesday, July 11 at 9 pm on DirecTV Audience Network.

• One Life to Live alum Trevor St. John (ex-Todd/Victor) is set to appear in the May 13 episode of The Client List, ABC Soaps In Depth reports. He’ll play — what else — a customer of Jennifer Love Hewitt’s “masseuse” Riley.

• Nurse Jackie co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius are exiting the Showtime series, which recently wrapped production on its fourth season. Per Deadline, the pay cabler is currently looking for a replacement showrunner — which makes a Season 5 pickup a safe bet.

Exclusive: Charlie Sheen Recruits Ex-Wife Denise Richards For Anger Management Stint

• VH1 has given the green light to Big Ang, a Mob Wives spinoff (set to bow this summer) starring standout Angela Raiola. This spin-off news was first reported by HollywoodLife.com.

• TLC has ordered a second season of its outrageous docu-series My Crazy Obsession, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Charlie Sheen’s new series Anger Management makes its debut Thursday, June 28, and FX is continuing to prepare the world for his TV return with another new teaser trailer.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Mark says:

That’s pretty cool about Big Ang. I like her.

2. Alex says:

I’m glad that they’re going with a more “traditional” season for Arrested Development rather than focusing on one person for each episode. I still can’t believe the show is actually coming back.

• Jess says:

me too! I knew they originally planned to do character-centric episodes because it would’ve been difficult to get everyone together for that long of a time, but I’m so glad we’ll get the old style back! Does this mean we are still getting a movie? From this reporting, it seems unclear…

3. Scott says:

I can’t stand Michael Weston. Every episode of House with him in it made me grateful for the fast-forward button.

4. TV Gord says:

I understand they wouldn’t want to talk DVD release at a Netflix event, but that’s what I’m waiting for!

5. Ian Dickerson says:

That trailer for Take Me Out seems to be from the UK series. Are Fox just importing it or making their own version?

6. Sarabi says:

SUPER EXCITED about Arrested Development! It’s my favorite show! I still can’t believe all of this is true and not a dream, though. I CAN’T WAIT!

Sad to read about Nurse Jackie’s showrunners leaving. They make a show that has a very specific type of humor, I don’t know if the new people will be able to emulate it. Nurse Jackie is the only currently airing show that literally makes me laugh out loud. (Okay, NJ and sometimes The Big C, but you get the point.)

7. Marisa says:

Did anyone else get really excited at the idea of Michael Weston (from Burn Notice) as a gust star on White Collar, only to realize that it’s a fictional character and not the same guy as the actor?

8. nikki says:

I can’t freaking wait! It will be so good. I missed the Bluths so much. Thank you tv god.

9. Alex says:

I CANNOT wait for Arrested Development! It’s actually the best show I’ve ever watched.

10. Claire says:

I wonder how long it will take to get the Arrested Development episodes on Netflix Canada…..I hope not too long after!

• armandol says:

I believe it will be the same. They will be streaming House of Cards in Latinamerica simultaneously with USA.

11. leahbh says:

I wonder if the new season(s) of AD will be released on dvd.

12. mel says:

Oh no on Michael Weston and White Collar!!! He’s ruined every show he’s guest-starred in (SVU and House)!!!

13. Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m so happy to hear Arrested Development is returning to its roots, I was really scared about the whole focusing on one character thing. Part of what makes that show so great is the family interactions. I was about ready to tell Netflix they were making a huge mistake.

14. D says:

I’m not a huge fan of shows just changing showrunners like underwear, but maybe Nurse Jackie won’t be awful now.