Exclusive: Grimm Bumps Bree Turner to Regular

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Grimm Bree TurnerIt seems that NBC likes its Grimm foxy: Bree Turner, who plays spice shop proprietress and Fuchsbau Rosalee, has been bumped from recurring guest star to series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including Grimm!

Turner’s promotion — which goes into effect at the start of the show’s just-ordered second season — should give Grimm ample time to explore her character’s backstory, including her past as a drug addict and the fact that she comes from a family of foxlike creatures known for their sly nature. Rosalee first appeared in the “Island of Dreams” episode, when her brother, Freddy, was killed, leaving behind the lucrative-yet-shady spice shop she now runs.

Later this year, you’ll be able to see Turner — sans foxface — act alongside The Client List’s Jennifer Love Hewitt in the film adaptation of the stage comedy Jewtopia.

Comments (63)

• This is great. She has great chemistry with Monroe and she’s smart and interesting. She’ll be a good ally for Nick who needs someone else to talk to about his Grimm stuff.

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – April 17, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very cool.

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 17, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m really loving her character. Great chemistry with Monroe and love the new team dynamics of Nick, Monroe and Rosalee. Now we have 2 named female characters, we just need to have them talk with each other about something other than boys and “Grimm” will pass the Bechdel test.

Comment by Cecelia – April 17, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I join in on the “yay!”

Really like her character and I’m very interested in learning more! Love her with Monroe. Also great for Nick to have another ally!
    This is great news.

Comment by Eliza – April 17, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect. She and Monroe make a good pair.

Comment by L – April 17, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her! What great news for season 2.

Comment by amanda – April 17, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Bree has seamlessly blended into the cast. She will be a great addition. Rosalee is smart and actually brings something to the table.

Comment by Lena120 – April 17, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaaaay!!! I’m SO ecstatic to hear this!!! It was love at first sight for Rosalee. By the end of the first episode, I was literally chanting, “Please stay, please stay!” and my family was nodding in agreement. When she did, I let out a loud “YES!” In last week’s episode, I was literally sighing with the looks exchanged between Monroe and Rosalee. She’s EXACTLY what had been missing in this show. I never knew, but there was *something* missing. Now that she’s there, it’s so clear. It was her, all along! <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – April 17, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!! Her & Monroe are perfect together. Looking forward to seeing of them next season.

Comment by theresa – April 17, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that this a great move! She fits in so well with the rest of the cast and it’ll be nice for Monroe(my personal favorite) to have a love interest. This is a great show and I’m so glad that it was renewed!

Comment by jspattzfan – April 17, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, she fits in perfect, and is great for Monroe. Totally opposite for Nick and Julliette. Julliette has NEVER fit in, and she needs to be replaced with someone else. They need to recast her spot. Now that she finished the season being in the hospital, maybe they can kill her character off and bring in a new lady that fits (like Rosalee fits Monroe).

Comment by Zephyr – July 31, 2012 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is really good news. I love how Grimm has gone to a “team”. Love it.

Comment by Renee – April 17, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy to hear this! I like her character

Comment by Kristina – April 17, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!! all during the last episode, i kept praying she’d become a regular!!

Comment by rachelle – April 17, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Nick has a Scoobie Gang!

Comment by Michelle – April 17, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice! Does this make Aunt Marie’s trailor the Mystery Machine?

Comment by Deena – April 17, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s been doing this for so long (She survived “Bring It On Again”). I’m glad to see her land in something that should have some longevity to it.

Comment by Steve Z – April 17, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh… and while I love seeing how the Grimm look to Nick… does anyone else wonder if Nick looks different to the Grimm?

Comment by Steve Z – April 17, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nick is a Grimm, so…

Comment by Susna – April 17, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you meant, how Nick looks to the supernatural creatures. If so, yes, I’ve been wondering that also and hoping they’d show Nick through the creatures eyes so we could see how they all know instantly that he’s a Grimm.

Comment by Cecelia – April 17, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would like to know how the supernatural creatures “know” that Nick is a Grimm too. If he does appear different to them as they do to him I would love know what he looks like.

Yay for Rosalee ! Her & Monroe are great together.

Comment by Laurel – April 17, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think they do know instantly….pretty sure it’s his reaction that gives it away.Like with that Golden egg story,the bad guy didn’t seem to know.

Comment by Shaun – April 17, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! My wife and I ask each other every week- how does
      Nick look to the creatures? If we keep bringing this up, maybe the producers will give us a glimpse! We watch Grimm on Hulu Plus – cannot stomach regular tv.

Comment by Bill – May 19, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe, since the Wesen can control their ‘morphing’ as demonstrated in previous episodese, being around a Grimm forces them to Morph….So once they are in the presence of a Grimm and they lock eyes…the Wesen will Morph out of their control.. That seems to be when they notice Nick’s a Grimm historically

Comment by Kristian – June 28, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m… on the fence about this. So far I’m glad that she’s been utilized as something other than a love interest for Monroe, but I fear that’s all she’ll end up being,eventually. And I really kind of don’t want to see that romance. Also, can we not devote the time they’d give to developing her backstory to developing *Nick’s* backstory, or making Juliet a more rounded character? That’s what I’d like to see more than adding new regular characters.

Comment by Khorrie – April 17, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guess that rules out her being the death in the finale then, great news, she’s a good character.

Comment by alex – April 17, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!! Congrats to her on the promotion. :) Love her character, and the interaction that she has with Monroe. Love it!! :)

Comment by Cat – April 17, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her as a character and am glad she’ll stay around, but not for her romance with Monroe. It’s cute like a kindergarten romance, but also just really boring and in the face. There’s no tension or or sparkling chemistry and I’m super disappointed by that.

Comment by nope – April 17, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is GREAT news! :)

Since she first appeared on the show, I quite liked her, and thought she fit in with the cast well. I was pleasantly surprised to see her past that episode. I was hoping that meant maybe she would become a permanent fixture on the show. The last episode, I thought, wow, the show is coming together so nicely now, and her dyanmic, not only with Monroe, but with her shop and being an ally to Nick, is a big part of that. I love that group dynamic that is forming now and the show is really starting to feel more and more complete with every episode.

Comment by Shauna – April 17, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very happy to see this news. I was hoping we’d see her again after the first episode. I especially liked the idea of Monroe having a love interest. He deserves one. He does so much for Nick for free and Nick doesn’t even seem to appreciate it, just takes it for granted.

Comment by Bella – April 17, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome! She fit so easily into the cast that it feels like she’s been there all season. She’s part of what the show has been missing.

She’s smart and normal!

Now just need to integrate Juliette better, because I quite like her

Comment by mia – April 17, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need to get her in on the secret so that she can be involved in the cases

Comment by cinephilactic – April 18, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who plays spice shop proprietress and Fuchsbau Rosalee

Comment by KerrieAi – April 17, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! I was really hoping she would be promoted as series regular.

Comment by The Buskalo Kid – April 17, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love her and Monroe together. Just one question… can those grimm creature cross-breed? I know i sound weird, but I want to know if those 2 have a “future”. Just thinking ahead…

Comment by Joanne Chow (@jtycc) – April 17, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! I was hoping that this would happen. She has added to the show in alot of ways.

Comment by Gayle – April 17, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Fantatic* news! And I really love forward to seeing her developing romance with Monroe!

But what this does is leave Nick free to have an ongoing, stable relationship with his significant other — since the romantic tension department is aptly shifted to Monroe and Rosalee. Yes!

Comment by MaryAnn – April 17, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, I meant to say I really *look* forward to seeing the developing romance. lol

Comment by MaryAnn – April 17, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m literally so excited I almost choked on my lunch! Way to move in the right direction Grimm! Also, we now know she’s going to survive the finale.

Comment by Anneka Jameson – April 17, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. We were just talking about what a great addition to the show she is. Love that she’s going to be a regular.

Comment by Bobby Milford – April 17, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good to me. Monroe and Rosalee have good chemistry.

Comment by Justin – April 17, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Now please make Claire Coffee a regular too, Adalind is a interesting character. Just don’t kill her off becasue she has no powers.

Comment by Gigi – April 17, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She got interesting when Nick stole her powers. Before that she was a fairly generic scheming bad girl type. Now the character can go places.

Comment by Temis – April 17, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totaly agree, I’m hoping that Claire Coffee is upgraded for season 3. I’d like to see them have flesh out a character that’s obviously quite complex and fragmented.

Comment by 01lander – July 30, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to “Yay” with the majority This is a great move for the show adding her as a regular. I grew to love this character and want her to stay in one episode!

Comment by Cheryl – April 17, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I hoped she would become a regular. Her and Monroe are so cute together.

Comment by Velvet – April 17, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m *really* happy the series got picked up for a second season!

Comment by kiefer121061@gmail.com – April 17, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s great! More Monroe, too, I hope!!!

Comment by rubytu – April 17, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! a girl for Monroe :)

Comment by erika – April 17, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geeze isn’t there anyone who doesn’t like her?

Ah heck, I’ll go along with the mob. Great casting news.

Comment by Temis – April 17, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news! I was hoping for this to happen. Grimm keeps getting better and better!

Comment by Lorie – April 17, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad Grimm will be back for a second season. My almost 8 year old granddaughter and I love to watch it together!

Comment by Bubby – April 17, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, I kept saying that I thought she should stay on the series cause she is awesome, really love her and monroe together

Comment by juan – April 17, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So funny! We rarelt have news here that pretty much everyone agrees on! Much love for Rosalee <3

Comment by Barbie – April 18, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her character but Bree Turner is a horrible actress.

Comment by Ashley – April 18, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Love her and she’s been great on the show so far

Comment by cinephilactic – April 18, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! She is perfect for Monroe. Now, he may actually have someone to eat dinner with other than Nick. Good call for Grimm to make.

Comment by Rhonda – April 19, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thank goodness. I thought they were setting her up for a tragic death.

Grimm’s been amazing and has developed very well over the season. So glad that it is doing well even though it’s on NBC and on a Friday!

Comment by dryedmangoez – April 21, 2012 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My teenage daughter and I wait anxiously every week for the latest Grimm Episode to air. I use to read Grimm stories (the less gruesome ones) to her when she was little and we love to try and figure out how the Grimm story aligns with each episode. We LOVE Grimm!!! (and Rosalee too)

Comment by cz123 – April 22, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news. I’ve really enjoyed her character and I love what she’s added to the group. Now if they could let the Juliet character go, I’d be much happier. She’s nice and all but I think that’s the problem. Looking forward to seeing Rosalee’s backstory and how she will grow with Nick and Monroe.

Comment by Anna – April 29, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It
    really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to provide something again and aid others like you aided me.

Comment by Renaldo – January 26, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post