Exclusive

Exclusive: Grimm Bumps Bree Turner to Regular

Grimm Bree TurnerIt seems that NBC likes its Grimm foxy: Bree Turner, who plays spice shop proprietress and Fuchsbau Rosalee, has been bumped from recurring guest star to series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including Grimm!

Turner’s promotion — which goes into effect at the start of the show’s just-ordered second season — should give Grimm ample time to explore her character’s backstory, including her past as a drug addict and the fact that she comes from a family of foxlike creatures known for their sly nature. Rosalee first appeared in the “Island of Dreams” episode, when her brother, Freddy, was killed, leaving behind the lucrative-yet-shady spice shop she now runs.

Later this year, you’ll be able to see Turner — sans foxface — act alongside The Client List’s Jennifer Love Hewitt in the film adaptation of the stage comedy Jewtopia.

1. Amanda From Michigan says:

This is great. She has great chemistry with Monroe and she’s smart and interesting. She’ll be a good ally for Nick who needs someone else to talk to about his Grimm stuff.

2. Cecelia says:

Yay! I’m really loving her character. Great chemistry with Monroe and love the new team dynamics of Nick, Monroe and Rosalee. Now we have 2 named female characters, we just need to have them talk with each other about something other than boys and “Grimm” will pass the Bechdel test.

3. Eliza says:

I join in on the “yay!”

Really like her character and I’m very interested in learning more! Love her with Monroe. Also great for Nick to have another ally!
    This is great news.

4. L says:

Perfect. She and Monroe make a good pair.

5. amanda says:

I love her! What great news for season 2.

6. Lena120 says:

Great news. Bree has seamlessly blended into the cast. She will be a great addition. Rosalee is smart and actually brings something to the table.

7. Yaaaaaaay!!! I’m SO ecstatic to hear this!!! It was love at first sight for Rosalee. By the end of the first episode, I was literally chanting, “Please stay, please stay!” and my family was nodding in agreement. When she did, I let out a loud “YES!” In last week’s episode, I was literally sighing with the looks exchanged between Monroe and Rosalee. She’s EXACTLY what had been missing in this show. I never knew, but there was *something* missing. Now that she’s there, it’s so clear. It was her, all along! <3

8. theresa says:

Love it!! Her & Monroe are perfect together. Looking forward to seeing of them next season.

9. jspattzfan says:

I think that this a great move! She fits in so well with the rest of the cast and it’ll be nice for Monroe(my personal favorite) to have a love interest. This is a great show and I’m so glad that it was renewed!

• Zephyr says:

Yes, she fits in perfect, and is great for Monroe. Totally opposite for Nick and Julliette. Julliette has NEVER fit in, and she needs to be replaced with someone else. They need to recast her spot. Now that she finished the season being in the hospital, maybe they can kill her character off and bring in a new lady that fits (like Rosalee fits Monroe).

10. Renee says:

This is really good news. I love how Grimm has gone to a “team”. Love it.

11. Kristina says:

Very happy to hear this! I like her character

12. rachelle says:

yay!! all during the last episode, i kept praying she’d become a regular!!

13. Michelle says:

So glad Nick has a Scoobie Gang!

14. Steve Z says:

She’s been doing this for so long (She survived “Bring It On Again”). I’m glad to see her land in something that should have some longevity to it.

15. Steve Z says:

Oh… and while I love seeing how the Grimm look to Nick… does anyone else wonder if Nick looks different to the Grimm?

• Susna says:

Nick is a Grimm, so…

• Cecelia says:

I think you meant, how Nick looks to the supernatural creatures. If so, yes, I’ve been wondering that also and hoping they’d show Nick through the creatures eyes so we could see how they all know instantly that he’s a Grimm.

• Laurel says:

I would like to know how the supernatural creatures “know” that Nick is a Grimm too. If he does appear different to them as they do to him I would love know what he looks like.

Yay for Rosalee ! Her & Monroe are great together.

• Shaun says:

I don’t think they do know instantly….pretty sure it’s his reaction that gives it away.Like with that Golden egg story,the bad guy didn’t seem to know.

• Bill says:

Yes! My wife and I ask each other every week- how does
      Nick look to the creatures? If we keep bringing this up, maybe the producers will give us a glimpse! We watch Grimm on Hulu Plus – cannot stomach regular tv.

• Kristian says:

I believe, since the Wesen can control their ‘morphing’ as demonstrated in previous episodese, being around a Grimm forces them to Morph….So once they are in the presence of a Grimm and they lock eyes…the Wesen will Morph out of their control.. That seems to be when they notice Nick’s a Grimm historically

16. Khorrie says:

I’m… on the fence about this. So far I’m glad that she’s been utilized as something other than a love interest for Monroe, but I fear that’s all she’ll end up being,eventually. And I really kind of don’t want to see that romance. Also, can we not devote the time they’d give to developing her backstory to developing *Nick’s* backstory, or making Juliet a more rounded character? That’s what I’d like to see more than adding new regular characters.

17. alex says:

guess that rules out her being the death in the finale then, great news, she’s a good character.

18. Cat says:

Awesome!! Congrats to her on the promotion. :) Love her character, and the interaction that she has with Monroe. Love it!! :)

19. nope says:

I like her as a character and am glad she’ll stay around, but not for her romance with Monroe. It’s cute like a kindergarten romance, but also just really boring and in the face. There’s no tension or or sparkling chemistry and I’m super disappointed by that.

20. Shauna says:

This is GREAT news! :)

Since she first appeared on the show, I quite liked her, and thought she fit in with the cast well. I was pleasantly surprised to see her past that episode. I was hoping that meant maybe she would become a permanent fixture on the show. The last episode, I thought, wow, the show is coming together so nicely now, and her dyanmic, not only with Monroe, but with her shop and being an ally to Nick, is a big part of that. I love that group dynamic that is forming now and the show is really starting to feel more and more complete with every episode.

21. Bella says:

I’m very happy to see this news. I was hoping we’d see her again after the first episode. I especially liked the idea of Monroe having a love interest. He deserves one. He does so much for Nick for free and Nick doesn’t even seem to appreciate it, just takes it for granted.

22. mia says:

This is awesome! She fit so easily into the cast that it feels like she’s been there all season. She’s part of what the show has been missing.

She’s smart and normal!

Now just need to integrate Juliette better, because I quite like her

23. KerrieAi says:

who plays spice shop proprietress and Fuchsbau Rosalee

24. Cool! I was really hoping she would be promoted as series regular.

25. Yay! Love her and Monroe together. Just one question… can those grimm creature cross-breed? I know i sound weird, but I want to know if those 2 have a “future”. Just thinking ahead…

26. Gayle says:

Yes!!! I was hoping that this would happen. She has added to the show in alot of ways.

27. MaryAnn says:

*Fantatic* news! And I really love forward to seeing her developing romance with Monroe!

But what this does is leave Nick free to have an ongoing, stable relationship with his significant other — since the romantic tension department is aptly shifted to Monroe and Rosalee. Yes!

28. Yay! I’m literally so excited I almost choked on my lunch! Way to move in the right direction Grimm! Also, we now know she’s going to survive the finale.

29. Great news. We were just talking about what a great addition to the show she is. Love that she’s going to be a regular.

30. Justin says:

Sounds good to me. Monroe and Rosalee have good chemistry.

31. Gigi says:

Awesome. Now please make Claire Coffee a regular too, Adalind is a interesting character. Just don’t kill her off becasue she has no powers.

• Temis says:

She got interesting when Nick stole her powers. Before that she was a fairly generic scheming bad girl type. Now the character can go places.

• 01lander says:

Totaly agree, I’m hoping that Claire Coffee is upgraded for season 3. I’d like to see them have flesh out a character that’s obviously quite complex and fragmented.

32. Cheryl says:

I’m going to “Yay” with the majority This is a great move for the show adding her as a regular. I grew to love this character and want her to stay in one episode!

33. Velvet says:

Awesome! I hoped she would become a regular. Her and Monroe are so cute together.

34. kiefer121061@gmail.com says:

I’m *really* happy the series got picked up for a second season!

35. rubytu says:

She’s great! More Monroe, too, I hope!!!

36. erika says:

yay! a girl for Monroe :)

37. Temis says:

Geeze isn’t there anyone who doesn’t like her?

Ah heck, I’ll go along with the mob. Great casting news.

38. Lorie says:

Fantastic news! I was hoping for this to happen. Grimm keeps getting better and better!

39. Bubby says:

I’m just glad Grimm will be back for a second season. My almost 8 year old granddaughter and I love to watch it together!

40. juan says:

Great news, I kept saying that I thought she should stay on the series cause she is awesome, really love her and monroe together

41. Barbie says:

So funny! We rarelt have news here that pretty much everyone agrees on! Much love for Rosalee <3

42. Ashley says:

I like her character but Bree Turner is a horrible actress.

43. Great news! Love her and she’s been great on the show so far

44. Rhonda says:

YES!!! She is perfect for Monroe. Now, he may actually have someone to eat dinner with other than Nick. Good call for Grimm to make.

45. dryedmangoez says:

Yay! Thank goodness. I thought they were setting her up for a tragic death.

Grimm’s been amazing and has developed very well over the season. So glad that it is doing well even though it’s on NBC and on a Friday!

46. cz123 says:

My teenage daughter and I wait anxiously every week for the latest Grimm Episode to air. I use to read Grimm stories (the less gruesome ones) to her when she was little and we love to try and figure out how the Grimm story aligns with each episode. We LOVE Grimm!!! (and Rosalee too)

47. Anna says:

This is great news. I’ve really enjoyed her character and I love what she’s added to the group. Now if they could let the Juliet character go, I’d be much happier. She’s nice and all but I think that’s the problem. Looking forward to seeing Rosalee’s backstory and how she will grow with Nick and Monroe.

48. Renaldo says:

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It
    really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to provide something again and aid others like you aided me.