Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Reese Gets a Blast from His Dark Past

Fans of CBS’ Person of Interest will have to tough it out until April 26 for the next new episode, but based on these first-look photos, it promises to be well worth the wait.

In “Matsya Nyaya” — the first in a streak of all-original episodes leading up to the Season 1 finale airing May 17 — The Machine’s latest mark sends Reese undercover as part of an armored truck crew. That case evokes memories of Reese’s last mission for the CIA and the painful decisions he was forced to make. As seen here, Annie Parisse (As the World Turns, Unforgettable) reprises her role of Reese’s partner, Claire Stanton, in flashback.

The best news for POI fans of course is that the freshman drama was among CBS’ batch of early renewals, and thus is locked in for what is sure to be an even more-thrilling second season.

Comments (53)

• That’s not a sneak peek.

Sneak Peeks are video clips.

That’s just the promo photos which have been available for days.

Probably just a cheap trick to get hits.

Shame.

Comment by Jaimie – April 13, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! POI!

Don’t mind parts of his past coming back, but I’m not a huge fan of the flash-back scenes for Reese.

Comment by mia – April 13, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding, mia? The flash back scenes are essential when getting the respective characters’ background storylines.

Comment by Tania – April 13, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this, all of it! Dark and twisty Reese is so hot

Comment by kel – April 13, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love POI and Reese. He and Finch are like the anti buddies of buddy duos. Will we get more of Paige Turco as Zoe Morgan the fixer in Season 2? Really like her. Perhaps she is a potential love interest for Reese?

Comment by kirads09 – April 13, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! More Zoe and her very stylish red coat in S2 would be great! She is a great compliment to their odd super hero team!

Comment by kel – April 13, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Way. Reese’s potential love interest has got to be Carter. If not I am done watching!!!

Comment by Marge – April 21, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI and NCIS are my two can’t miss shows. Nice to know that all of the POI episodes toward the end of the season will be right in a row. Makes it easier to follow any ongoing storylines that way.

Thanks Tvline for the scoop and pix.

Comment by Maria – April 13, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE YOU, Matt! You should make POI a weekly feature. Just sayin’ :)

Comment by Becky – April 13, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was supposed to go to the set a couple weeks ago, but they decided the last few episodes were simply too super-ultra-double-top-secret.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 13, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aww. Tell ‘em you can keep a secret. Lie if you have to. :-)

Comment by Renee – April 13, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Matt, can you please give the exact number of episodes scheduled to air in S1. Is it 22 episodes or 23?

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – April 13, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know from an interview by Kevin Chapman that CBS ordered 23 episodes for the season.

Comment by LLL – April 13, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fantastic!!! If I was the wagering type, I would bet we are in for an old school cliff hanger knowing that they are already renewed for next season. Soooooo very excited!!

Comment by Becky – April 13, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it. Thanks so much. POI is the best new show of this season hands down, love how smart it is and glad its connecting with the public where so many shows are flash and no substance.

Comment by Isabelle – April 13, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, no, no, no, no.

NO love interests!! For anybody!!!!!

The show works perfectly fine the way it is. 4 interesting characters all trying to do the right thing. Especially Fusco.

Comment by Dee – April 13, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Carole – April 13, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely no love interests in POI! That just might make Reese smile too much. I like the anticipation of Reese’s few and far between smiles! It makes them more special!

Comment by Lisa – April 14, 2012 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agreed. Reese’s emotional interactions with Carter, Finch and Fusco are satisfying enough. No cheesy romance for him, please.

Comment by carol – April 20, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t understand why so many are against Reese having a love interest. It would show another side of his character. I want to see Reese finally find someone he can love and who will love him.

Comment by Angie – April 24, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The thing is, this is a 24/7 job, and he hasn’t time to waste on a love interest. It could mean the difference between life and death for their POI. “A new number? Sorry Finch, I have a date tonight.” LOLOL

Comment by Deana – April 24, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody know where I can wtach POI episodes online? We are traveling and can’t watch when it airs…….

Comment by Rae LeBlond (@rae0904) – April 13, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love POI. I think the role of Reese was made for Jim Caviezel.

Can someone from TVLin score an interview with any of the cast members, preferably Jim Caviezel or Micael Emerson?

Comment by Kate – April 13, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely the best show on TV. Luv, luv, luv Jim Caviezel, he’s perfect for this role.

Comment by Netta Little – April 13, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI is my favorite show.Love Love Jim Caviezel! I din’t mind the flash back scenes. Can’t wait to find out more on Harold.

Comment by Mel – April 13, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant wait for the new episodes…i fu*kin LOVE THIS SHOW!

Comment by Kevin – April 13, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love POI. Jim Caviezel is awsome. I still say he would make the next sexiest Batman movie ever. Until then I’ll keep POI. Reese loosen up and show some love.

Comment by DeeDee Brackin – April 13, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Check this out my POI fans, a Love interest for Reese is not an option, read between the lines. Reese is always saving Carter and she does the same for him. The looks between the two show that there is much passion and respect above all for each other, and what they do. This is what makes this program so great. Mr. Finch is “Big Daddy”, always looking out for Reese and Carter. Now what do these three characters have in commom with Fusco, they see the good in him, regardless to his faulty pass for being a dirty Cop, and it does not get any better than this. I can’t stop watching the reruns. Love already exist, they all have each other backs.

Comment by Suzanne Dorsey Brown – April 14, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! IMO Reese already has a love interest or an attraction but it is extremely subtle yet in your face. The show is building his relationship with the team in the most brilliant way.

Comment by miche – April 16, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right, and I love the way he is always there for Carter, he told her you are not alone. The joining of those two minds, make it the greatest Love Affair there can be. Carter brings out the best in Reese, and she give Reese what he needs to exist. People need to watch when Carter Son was taken. Have you notice how Carter has Reese’s back? I Love It!

Comment by Suzanne Dorsey Brown – April 22, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Carter/Reese together. If the show ever gets the guts to put them together they would be amazing together. But I don’t want it to happen for a long time. I’m enjoying their slow meeting of the minds. I love their affect on each other and how Reese has so much respect for Carter, even when she’s not sure if she can trust him or not. Carter humanizes him and Reese forces her outside her comfort zone.

Comment by Samantha – June 8, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Samantha, you are so right about Carter and Reese. I can’t think of what episode it was, when Reese said he wondered if he would have a family. He has a family with Carter and her Son. Reese is alway there for Carter. The writters are very good to let us know what is going on between the two of them. So many people do not understand the meeting of the minds. This is where the Love and Respect begins. This is the best relationship between two people on television. Carter has trust issues, and Reese has them too, but there is one thing we know for sure, they have each other backs, and it doesn’t get any better than that. This relationship will progress, but it will happen when it happens.

Comment by Suzanne Dorsey Brown – June 9, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the way Reese flirts with Carter and she seem clueless to that fact

Comment by Marge – April 21, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love the way Reese flirts with Carter, this affair is clean and oh so right. Love is more than sex and in the bedroom. The meeting of two minds is out of sight. If you need bedroom action check out ABC.

Comment by Suzanne Dorsey Brown – April 22, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the things that makes POI such a good show is that romantic encounters of a sexual nature and sexual daliances are not blasted in your face every episode like on some of the ABC medical shows..

Comment by Pat – April 14, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Keep it clean POI

Comment by Marge – April 21, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on ladies or gents! You mean to tell me Reese doing a little flirting wouldn’t make you crazy. Would me. But I know, Reese is focused and trained in that mind set of getting the job done at any price. That makes POI such a great show to me. Does anyone remember this being kinda like Billy Jack attitude. Bad boy……Love it.

Comment by DeeDee – April 14, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best new show in a lonnnng time. Always surprising in plot and locations. Loved the episode with Finch on drugs. The ending was so well written. Romantic interest for Reese is not necessary as we want to keep him for ourselves. Glad to hear they’re signed on for another season.

Comment by Theresa – April 15, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI is the best show on this planet!

Comment by Blue – April 15, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am I the only one thinking that Reese’ former partner is hot?

Comment by Gleb Chermennov (@chester89) – April 15, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Finch’s flashbacks better than Reese’s…I hope we get more on HIS backstory before the season ends!

Comment by Deana – April 15, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • okay but how about Enrico Colantoni? Elias is arguably one of the better bad guys in recent memory….even more fun because he usually plays good guys.

Comment by Brian – April 16, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI is now my favorite show (… used to be NCIS). Caviezel rocks!

Comment by Dot – April 17, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI is by far my favorite show of the season. All the bad guys are outstanding — Elias, CIA agent Snow, the dastardly Stanton, the creepy HR top cop. And the three lead actors are putting on masterfully subtle performances. I could watch Caviezel, Henson, and Emerson 24 hours a day.

Agree with others that there is no need for a romantic entanglement for Reese. His slow development of emotional attachments to Carter, Finch and even Fusco are fascinating to track and so impactful. A cliche love interest for Reese would only detract from the power of watching these lonely people trying to rebuild their lives together.

Comment by carol – April 20, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was a great point you made, carol–that Reese is slowly developing “emotional attachments”. He’s finding his way back to himself, to the person he was before he lost Jessica.

I think the comment by Kate above is also accurate–Jim Caviezel was born to play this character. I think his earlier roles have led him to this point. You can see the seeds sown in his earlier films here in this show, in this part. He’s amazing. And I love the other characters too, Carter, Finch and especially Fusco. He is another damaged soul trying to find his way back.

This show is fantastic and thought-provoking and compelling in so many ways. I can’t think of enough accolades to convey how great it is. I’m so glad it was renewed. I can’t wait for the DVD/Itunes download. In the meantime, I’ve saved almost every episode–reruns are okay because I catch the ones I missed recording–and I look forward to every Thursday evening for my weekly date with John and Harold. Thank you Jonathan Nolan and JJ Abrams.

Comment by Patty – April 21, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show – look forward to all episodes – want to see the pilot again!!!

Comment by MEP – April 20, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the next episode. A really great and compelling show. And more true than we know! No privacy anymore.

Comment by Hwheelz – April 23, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you know the song’s name at the final of the episode?

Comment by solsoledo – May 10, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post