Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Reese Gets a Blast from His Dark Past

Fans of CBS’ Person of Interest will have to tough it out until April 26 for the next new episode, but based on these first-look photos, it promises to be well worth the wait.

In “Matsya Nyaya” — the first in a streak of all-original episodes leading up to the Season 1 finale airing May 17 — The Machine’s latest mark sends Reese undercover as part of an armored truck crew. That case evokes memories of Reese’s last mission for the CIA and the painful decisions he was forced to make. As seen here, Annie Parisse (As the World Turns, Unforgettable) reprises her role of Reese’s partner, Claire Stanton, in flashback.

The best news for POI fans of course is that the freshman drama was among CBS’ batch of early renewals, and thus is locked in for what is sure to be an even more-thrilling second season.

1. Jaimie says:

That’s not a sneak peek.

Sneak Peeks are video clips.

That’s just the promo photos which have been available for days.

Probably just a cheap trick to get hits.

Shame.

2. mia says:

Yay! POI!

Don’t mind parts of his past coming back, but I’m not a huge fan of the flash-back scenes for Reese.

• Tania says:

Are you kidding, mia? The flash back scenes are essential when getting the respective characters’ background storylines.

3. kel says:

Love this, all of it! Dark and twisty Reese is so hot

4. kirads09 says:

Love POI and Reese. He and Finch are like the anti buddies of buddy duos. Will we get more of Paige Turco as Zoe Morgan the fixer in Season 2? Really like her. Perhaps she is a potential love interest for Reese?

5. Maria says:

POI and NCIS are my two can’t miss shows. Nice to know that all of the POI episodes toward the end of the season will be right in a row. Makes it easier to follow any ongoing storylines that way.

Thanks Tvline for the scoop and pix.

6. Becky says:

I LOVE YOU, Matt! You should make POI a weekly feature. Just sayin’ :)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I was supposed to go to the set a couple weeks ago, but they decided the last few episodes were simply too super-ultra-double-top-secret.

7. Isabelle says:

Love it. Thanks so much. POI is the best new show of this season hands down, love how smart it is and glad its connecting with the public where so many shows are flash and no substance.

8. Dee says:

No, no, no, no, no.

NO love interests!! For anybody!!!!!

The show works perfectly fine the way it is. 4 interesting characters all trying to do the right thing. Especially Fusco.

• Carole says:

Agreed!

• Lisa says:

Absolutely no love interests in POI! That just might make Reese smile too much. I like the anticipation of Reese’s few and far between smiles! It makes them more special!

• carol says:

Absolutely agreed. Reese’s emotional interactions with Carter, Finch and Fusco are satisfying enough. No cheesy romance for him, please.

• Angie says:

I don’t understand why so many are against Reese having a love interest. It would show another side of his character. I want to see Reese finally find someone he can love and who will love him.

• Deana says:

The thing is, this is a 24/7 job, and he hasn’t time to waste on a love interest. It could mean the difference between life and death for their POI. “A new number? Sorry Finch, I have a date tonight.” LOLOL

9. Does anybody know where I can wtach POI episodes online? We are traveling and can’t watch when it airs…….

10. Kate says:

I love POI. I think the role of Reese was made for Jim Caviezel.

Can someone from TVLin score an interview with any of the cast members, preferably Jim Caviezel or Micael Emerson?

11. Netta Little says:

Absolutely the best show on TV. Luv, luv, luv Jim Caviezel, he’s perfect for this role.

12. Mel says:

POI is my favorite show.Love Love Jim Caviezel! I din’t mind the flash back scenes. Can’t wait to find out more on Harold.

13. Kevin says:

i cant wait for the new episodes…i fu*kin LOVE THIS SHOW!

14. DeeDee Brackin says:

I love POI. Jim Caviezel is awsome. I still say he would make the next sexiest Batman movie ever. Until then I’ll keep POI. Reese loosen up and show some love.

15. Suzanne Dorsey Brown says:

Check this out my POI fans, a Love interest for Reese is not an option, read between the lines. Reese is always saving Carter and she does the same for him. The looks between the two show that there is much passion and respect above all for each other, and what they do. This is what makes this program so great. Mr. Finch is “Big Daddy”, always looking out for Reese and Carter. Now what do these three characters have in commom with Fusco, they see the good in him, regardless to his faulty pass for being a dirty Cop, and it does not get any better than this. I can’t stop watching the reruns. Love already exist, they all have each other backs.

• miche says:

Agreed! IMO Reese already has a love interest or an attraction but it is extremely subtle yet in your face. The show is building his relationship with the team in the most brilliant way.

• Suzanne Dorsey Brown says:

You are so right, and I love the way he is always there for Carter, he told her you are not alone. The joining of those two minds, make it the greatest Love Affair there can be. Carter brings out the best in Reese, and she give Reese what he needs to exist. People need to watch when Carter Son was taken. Have you notice how Carter has Reese’s back? I Love It!

• Samantha says:

I love Carter/Reese together. If the show ever gets the guts to put them together they would be amazing together. But I don’t want it to happen for a long time. I’m enjoying their slow meeting of the minds. I love their affect on each other and how Reese has so much respect for Carter, even when she’s not sure if she can trust him or not. Carter humanizes him and Reese forces her outside her comfort zone.

• Suzanne Dorsey Brown says:

Samantha, you are so right about Carter and Reese. I can’t think of what episode it was, when Reese said he wondered if he would have a family. He has a family with Carter and her Son. Reese is alway there for Carter. The writters are very good to let us know what is going on between the two of them. So many people do not understand the meeting of the minds. This is where the Love and Respect begins. This is the best relationship between two people on television. Carter has trust issues, and Reese has them too, but there is one thing we know for sure, they have each other backs, and it doesn’t get any better than that. This relationship will progress, but it will happen when it happens.

• Marge says:

I love the way Reese flirts with Carter and she seem clueless to that fact

• Suzanne Dorsey Brown says:

I love the way Reese flirts with Carter, this affair is clean and oh so right. Love is more than sex and in the bedroom. The meeting of two minds is out of sight. If you need bedroom action check out ABC.

16. Pat says:

One of the things that makes POI such a good show is that romantic encounters of a sexual nature and sexual daliances are not blasted in your face every episode like on some of the ABC medical shows..

17. DeeDee says:

Come on ladies or gents! You mean to tell me Reese doing a little flirting wouldn’t make you crazy. Would me. But I know, Reese is focused and trained in that mind set of getting the job done at any price. That makes POI such a great show to me. Does anyone remember this being kinda like Billy Jack attitude. Bad boy……Love it.

18. Theresa says:

Best new show in a lonnnng time. Always surprising in plot and locations. Loved the episode with Finch on drugs. The ending was so well written. Romantic interest for Reese is not necessary as we want to keep him for ourselves. Glad to hear they’re signed on for another season.

19. Blue says:

POI is the best show on this planet!

20. am I the only one thinking that Reese’ former partner is hot?

21. Deana says:

I like Finch’s flashbacks better than Reese’s…I hope we get more on HIS backstory before the season ends!

22. Brian says:

okay but how about Enrico Colantoni? Elias is arguably one of the better bad guys in recent memory….even more fun because he usually plays good guys.

23. Dot says:

POI is now my favorite show (… used to be NCIS). Caviezel rocks!

24. carol says:

POI is by far my favorite show of the season. All the bad guys are outstanding — Elias, CIA agent Snow, the dastardly Stanton, the creepy HR top cop. And the three lead actors are putting on masterfully subtle performances. I could watch Caviezel, Henson, and Emerson 24 hours a day.

Agree with others that there is no need for a romantic entanglement for Reese. His slow development of emotional attachments to Carter, Finch and even Fusco are fascinating to track and so impactful. A cliche love interest for Reese would only detract from the power of watching these lonely people trying to rebuild their lives together.

• Patty says:

That was a great point you made, carol–that Reese is slowly developing “emotional attachments”. He’s finding his way back to himself, to the person he was before he lost Jessica.

I think the comment by Kate above is also accurate–Jim Caviezel was born to play this character. I think his earlier roles have led him to this point. You can see the seeds sown in his earlier films here in this show, in this part. He’s amazing. And I love the other characters too, Carter, Finch and especially Fusco. He is another damaged soul trying to find his way back.

This show is fantastic and thought-provoking and compelling in so many ways. I can’t think of enough accolades to convey how great it is. I’m so glad it was renewed. I can’t wait for the DVD/Itunes download. In the meantime, I’ve saved almost every episode–reruns are okay because I catch the ones I missed recording–and I look forward to every Thursday evening for my weekly date with John and Harold. Thank you Jonathan Nolan and JJ Abrams.

25. MEP says:

Great show – look forward to all episodes – want to see the pilot again!!!

26. Hwheelz says:

Can’t wait for the next episode. A really great and compelling show. And more true than we know! No privacy anymore.

27. solsoledo says:

Do you know the song’s name at the final of the episode?