Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Scandal, The Good Wife, The Killing, Breaking Bad and More!

Is Bones about to hit a new baby bump? What’s the 411 on Olivia Pope’s own Scandal-ous past? Has The Killing finally found its killer? Read on for those scoops plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Bones | As many longtime viewers have wanted, the Fox drama on April 23 will explore the impact baby Christine has not just on her crime solving parents, but on Booth’s first child. As executive producer Stephen Nathan tells the Inside Line, “When Parker finally returns to meet his new sister after being overseas with his mother, Booth walks on eggshells to make sure his son feels a part of their new family.” Alas, as anyone whose ever had more than one child can attest, “Things are never as easy as we want them to be,” Nathan previews, “for Booth and Brennan or for Parker.”

Fox Renews Bones for an Eighth Season

Scandal | Now that you’ve gotten a taste for, as Shonda Rhimes put it, the scandal in Olivia Pope’s own closet, you probably are curious about how the fixer’s fling with the most powerful man in the free world came to be. And that not-so-simple story will be spilled during Season 1, in the penultimate hour — and holy moly is it worth the wait. “The sixth episode is when we find out all of the backstory, how it all came to be,” Tony Goldwyn tells us. Describing the revelatory hour as both “brilliant” and “incredibly well-written,” POTUS’ portrayer adds that he and series lead Kerry Washington “have really unbelievable stuff to do together.” Having screened all of Season 1 — which rolls toan awesome boil around Episode 4 — I myself can share that the flashback-heavy Episode 6 also will open your eyes as to just how far wannabe First Lady Mellie went to call the White House home.

Shonda Rhimes: Scandal‘s Fierce Fixer Has an Achilles Heel – The President of the United States

The Good Wife | Chandler who? Prepare to come away from this Sunday’s episode wondering why Matthew Perry hasn’t been on the show all along, because in his second visit as Mike Kresteva, he switches into full-on love-to-hate mode. Seriously, if you thought Alicia’s new frenemy had shown his true colors before, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Meanwhile, as Peter is pushed by the emergence of a new candidate in the race for governor to make his own decision on running or not, Eli is presented with a near-impossible choice of his own to make.

Private Practice | The latest emo promos are all but spelling it out, but I nonetheless tried to nudge KaDee Strickland into revealing what’s what with the show’s recent casting call for a biracial baby, in a recurring role. At first she coyly replied, “I can tell you that there was a casting call for a biracial baby, in a recurring role!” (OK, we’ll allow that.) Then, not wanting to leave me/you hanging too much, the Southern belle smartly quoted her boss: “Shonda [Rhimes] recently said that something we’ve been building to since the series started will happen in the next episode — and that is the best tease in the world that I can possibly give you.” Reminder, that monumental-ish episode will air this Tuesday, April 17, at 10/9c.

The Killing Exclusive: Homeland Actress Cast as Holder’s [SPOILER ALERT]

The Killing | Before putting this week’s column to bed, I cued up Sunday’s episode, and dare I say, but three weeks into Season 2 we have a very strong suspect in the murder of you-know-who. As Linden and Holder track “the tattooed man,” they ultimately set sights on someone who had not just opportunity and means, but motive up the wazoo. Elsewhere in the hour, Linden gets an upsetting phone call that just might curb her “Dinner at the Vending Machine!” ritual, yet she also gets the tiniest bit of her flirt on when she crosses paths with a G-man from her past. Imagine? Flirty Linden! (It’s actually quite cute.)

Breaking Bad Boss Talks Final Season, Walter’s Dark Destination and Filling Gus Fring’s Shoes

Breaking Bad | If Walter and Jessie are still cooking up a storm, and not just chill with big bad Gus out of the way, when the 16-episode fifth and final season arrives, it appears they might get some help in the kitchen. The acclaimed AMC drama is casting the potentially series regular role of Paul, a hard-working working-class lunk who, while not a genius per se, boasts above-average smarts. And while on the surface this newb appears innocuous, I am told he is not what he appears to be. Not what he appears to be, hmm? I’m purely spit-balling here, but I have to wonder if Walt’s farewell tour here might get stung by an undercover sting.

Big Bang Theory Casting Scoop: Look Who’s Playing Bernadette’s Father!

The Big Bang Theory | Though recent scoops have called into question whether Howard and Bernadette will actually make it to the church at all, let alone on time, due to his rescheduled space mission, here’s something to consider: A casting call has just gone out for the role of an overworked clerk at a wedding chapel. Or could this be one of those sitcom finales where amidst all the marital mania, a drunken Penny and Leonard, say, wind up wed?

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Kristen says:

Omg! Love the thoughts on breaking bad! Cannot freakin wait!

• Avi says:

I do too! I’ve always thought that the last season would be about Walt getting busted! I would like to see him try to get himself out of that corner!

• Mike says:

Yeah, Hank definitely needs to find out. Whether he gets busted or not will remain to be seen. But, I’m sure the ‘cancer storyline’ will make a comeback to bring things full circle.

• Kristen says:

Whatever it is I can’t freakin wait till July!!!!! AHHHHH! I watched all four seasons in a week and a half over Christmas and it’s THE best show on TV – hands down.

And I think he’ll get busted and have the cancer thing in the end, too. I hope they don’t just kill him in the finale’ though – that would be INCREDIBLY lame.

2. rowan77 says:

I think that drunken Penny and SHELDON being wed would be funnier. Not that they harbor a secret love for each other (sorry shippers), but we’ve seen both Penny and Sheldon drunk before and both make truly stupid mistakes when three-sheets to the wind and putting those polar opposites together, even just for an episode as husband and wife would be hilarious.

• Booth_Girl says:

That would be genius. :)

• liddad says:

No, they can’t do the “Penny does a stupid thing while drunk” storyline for 2 season finales in a row, can they? :P

• suzi says:

No they can’t, good point. Also, I believe that no matter how drunk they got, this is one mistake neither of them would ever make. I can see Howard and Bernadette trying to squeeze in a quickie-wedding before the mission begins.

3. Lauren says:

So glad that Parker is coming back! I hate when the introduce kids on shows and then they disappear. There’s no way Booth wouldn’t be introducing Parker to Christine. Excited to see this storyline!

• Wendy says:

I’m glad Parker is returning, too. At least it sounds like the show is actually explaining his disappearance. That said,this doesn’t sound to me like it will go the way of “The Brady Bunch” with Parker all happy-happy about his new sister. But being an only child for as long as he has, that kind of reaction doesn’t surprise me. Seems actually realistic.

• 1mars says:

They are setting us up, to make us think there is a problem, bet it’s a misunderstanding, no way Booth has to chose between his two children….meaning which one needs him more.

• Wendy says:

Maybe not so much a choice as simple jealousy. Remember, Parker never had both parents living together and the “typical” family. Not that that is bad, just looking at that angle by way of the fact that Christine gets to actually live with their dad 24/7. That has to be a bit of a sore spot. I’m sure things will work out, but I can see where some resentment could kick in with Parker feeling a bit jealous and insecure.

4. Janie says:

YES! Parker is back! I adore Booth and Parker episodes. They are my favorite. Love those two.

5. Sherry says:

Such great news. Booth and Parker’s relationship is my favorite in Bones. Yep. Give me Booth and Parker anyday. Even over Booth and Brennan.

• 1mars says:

It’s sorta a tie for me. The Booth and Parker relationship was the best part of Booth during his cocky years.

6. ICU says:

Is Parker going to be played by the same boy?

• Mire says:

Yes, I suspect the reason why Parker hasn’t been around was so Ty Panitz could play a kid named Austin that Calleigh’s adopting over on CSI: Miami. We forget that acting is a career for some, and if your agent calls with a job offer, ya gotta take it.

7. Lilly says:

Booth and Parker = me Happy Dancing!…..David and Ty have great chemistry as onscreen father and son….So cannot wait to see these two gain. And how Booth deals with Parker and baby Christine.

8. Tessa.T says:

About freaking time that I get too see my favorite duo Booth and Parker back on Bones!!! Seriously, father and son are beyond adorable. Bring on the cuteness of Booth and Parker scenes and with baby sister. I am sure Booth will smooth over any worries that Parker has. Bring it.

9. Lynn says:

Can I just say: I am so incredibly excited that the wonderful and talented Brendan Hines is back on tv on Scandal! Truly made my day!

10. pp says:

My guess is that Sam is the baby-daddy to that one-night stand that he had at the beginning of the season.

11. Linderella says:

Oh WOW to “pp”‘s comment about Sam being a baby-daddy – but I kind of think something else is going on with a guest character line. I sure hope this story line of “what they’ve been building to since season 1″ isn’t the death knell for Private Practice. I think it’s got one or two more great seasons left in it. Hope the powers-that-be at ABC see it that way!

12. I hope addison finally gets her baby, I’m getting tried of waiting for it to come such like many others.

13. Colleen says:

Jessie = female; Jesse = male, which is what Aaron Paul is.

14. Lucy says:

Thanks for TGW spoilers. But I’m really not looking forward to those last episodes…and wow, 3 episodes left and still nothing interesting about Cary and his return to L&G…. Wil everything happen in one episode and then nothing else as usual? Cary’s storyline was an epic fail that season. They weren’t ever able to give him a story arc that lasted more than 1 episode. I really thought they care more about the charater and that they would have done more with him in those last three episodes to make up with the lack of screentime and storylines but I was obviously wrong.

• kim says:

Lucy, i agree with you == matt (cary) is a superb actor but he’s been getting screen time. Have you seen his starring role in I hope they serve beer in hell — but it’s a raunchy american pie type comedy but he is so magnetic in that movie.

• Lucy says:

I know many people know him from Gilmore Gilrs days but I didn’t watch the show so I know Matt Czuchry because The Good Wife. I think last year he did an awesome job with the role. And he tried to do his best this year too even with a not so substantial material and really few chances to shine. And now I think I’ll try to catch up on everything else he did before…

15. Lucy – You DO realize that The Good Wife is not a show about Cary, right? It’s about Alicia. Calm down.

• Lucy says:

Joseph, did you realize that nobody said that show is about Cary? It’s not about Eli and he got plenty of storylines even if they didn’t have nothing to do with Alicia (and which mostly I didn’t care about…). It’s not about Kalinda but she got that IRS storyline that is lasting more than one episode. It’s not about Will and he was involved in that SA investigation, he was suspended, we met his sisters, he’s going to have a new date….
      So why couldn’t they do a little more with Cary too? It’s about Alicia but Cary is (or may I’d say he WAS) my favourite character. But I can’t do nothing about his storyline or about screentime. It’s not my decision. I can just COMPLAIN. And I think I’m entitled to be pissed off that they did so little and so bad with the character this year like other fans frequently complain about other characters or storylines.
      Because I hope Joseph you DID also realize that everyone is entiled to express their opinions, Calm down you too.

16. sam says:

Scandal is so amazingly great, i hope more people join the ride. BTW apt 23 — the second episode is so much more LOL funny than the pilot.

• Coco says:

Agree about Scandal. Thanks for the scoop, Matt! I have a feeling it’s going to get juicier and messier as it goes along. But I need the big Liv and Fitz reveal before episode 6! So excited!

• astew44032@aol.com says:

Agreed I love Scandal!

17. nikki says:

I think they missed a good opportunity with Cary and Peter. Cary seems like a young Peter and the writers should’ve explored that. There seems to be some kind of affection between them. Cary seems unnaturally loyal toward Peter.

• Pat says:

A really good opportunity. Cary is the character with almost no past and it would be a good chance to give us some hints about a Cary’s side we don’t know anything about it because Kings said that he was looking for a father figure in Peter but they didn’t really explored that aspect. It would have been interesting to know why they thought Cary needs a father figure, why he thought Peter deserves his loyalty, why Peter liked him so much. But their relationship was barely touched from writers. Yeah, we saw they liked each other but we don’t know why and how this happened. I would have prefered a storyline like that to the Dana mess storyline that didn’t do anything for Cary, didn’t add anything to the character’s development or to his storyline and it had more to do with Kalinda than with him.

18. Jesse says:

Is this piece implying that Parker Posey’s character (Eli Gold’s ex-wife) is going to take a run at the governorship against Peter Florrick? That’s the only impossible choice I could imagine Eli Gold having to face in that race.

19. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!