Whoa, Bundy! As part of its 25th anniversary celebration, Fox will reair the pilot of Married… With Children – which first debuted in April 1987 — on Sunday, April 22 at 7/6c. The special rebroadcast will be followed by an encore of The Simpsons‘ 500th episode.
The Married cast is among the Fox fams to be reunited as part of the network’s anniversery fête airing April 22 at 8 pm.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Following up on last month’s rumblings, our sister site Deadline hears that pop music superstar Britney Spears is said to be thisclose to joining Season 2 of The X Factor, replacing one of the two ousted judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. Should the deal go through, Spears would reportedly earn roughly 15 million a season. “Lucky” girl, indeed.
• Big-screen stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson have been tapped to star in True Detective, a drama pilot currently being shopped around to cable networks. Per Deadline, the project follows two detectives (McConaughey and Harrelson) whose lives collide during a decades-long hunt for a Louisiana-based serial killer.
• Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman is reteaming with AMC to develop a series based on his newest comic Thief of Thieves, per The Hollywood Reporter. The project centers on a thief who only steals what has already been stolen.
• Boss is set to kick off its sophomore season Friday, August 17 at 10 pm on Starz. As previously reported by TVLine, Sanaa Lathan (Nip/Tuck) and Jonathan Groff (Glee) have been added to the cast, while hip-hop star T.I. is set to guest-star.
• New York Knick Carmelo Anthony guest-stars in this Sunday’s installment of Nurse Jackie, playing a pro-athlete in the addiction-battling character’s rehab group.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?