Exclusive

Exclusive: American Horror Story Casts French Actress in Major (and Mysterious) Season 2 Role

Lizzie Brocheré American Horror StorySeason 2 of American Horror Story is going to have a French accent.

After an exhaustive search that spanned multiple continents, French actress Lizzie Brocheré has won the pivotal new series regular role on the FX thriller, TVLine has learned exclusively.

American Horror Story Season 3 Spoilers: New Scares and… A Glee Crossover?!

Last month, AHS producers put out a casting call for a femme fatale named Gia. Described as a fierce, ferocious, extremely sexual and dangerous wild-child sexpot, the character — billed as a nemesis for Jessica Lange — was likened to Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted.

According to an insider, Brocheré — known in France for her decidedly NC-17-rated film work — will be playing a revamped version of that role. “The part been changed considerably,” says the source, who declined to provide specifics of the revamp.

American Horror Story Emmy Shocker: Why the Show Won’t Be in the Drama Series Category

Little is known about AHS Season 2, save for that it will be set on the East Coast and bring back Jessica Lange (who originally played Constance), Zachary Quinto (Chad), Evan Peters (Tate), Sarah Paulson (psychic Billie Dean) and Lily Rabe (doctor’s wife Nora), all as new characters. Maroon 5 frontman and Voice coach Adam Levine will also appear in an arc as one half of a couple referred to as “The Lovers.”

1. Dkzigs says:

She looks so much like Elizabeth Olsen!!

2. anthonynewhall says:

I thought it was an Olsen at first, which wouldn’t have been awful. But after looking her up, I’m confident she’ll work my favorite show.

3. Maria says:

Looking forward to a new season, hopefully it will be as addicting as the first!

4. Lisa Magni says:

someoone tell me when it starts please

5. Cindy says:

Looking forward to season 2 —-even though Dylan McDermott won’t be back :-(

6. mandi says:

who cares….Evan Peters is coming back! <3 :)

7. Daphne says:

Anyone know when the new season starts? I can’t wait any longer!! UGH!!

8. Jaynut says:

So looking forward to Season 2! Miss my AHS.

9. mandi says:

Lisa, i read on wikipedia that itll start shooting in late july to premier in october. i dont really rely on wiki much since its changed so easily, but thats all ive seen so far.

10. peggy harkness says:

I thought she was Olsen too. This should be interesting!

11. ginamarie says:

my fave show even above mobwives can’t wait for season 2

12. Angela says:

Season 2 starts October 2012.

13. Jackie says:

GAAAAAAAAAH! I NEED MY AHS BACK!

14. peggy harkness says:

Can’t wait for October (if this is true) but it sounds about right.

15. Mary Diaz says:

I just can’t see where season two is going to go? The family members are all dead…are they going to haunt all new tenants that move in? It just kinda seems like it ruined the whole plot of the show…I’m just sayin’!!

• lulu says:

It’s going to be a completely different story. Not set in the same house with any of the original characters. The above article said it’s going to be set on the east coast as well.

• Lisa says:

There will be an entirely new location, new plot line and new characters… actors from the first season will be completely different characters this season. I’m betting it’s a mental institution or something along those lines.

• Temis says:

That’s my guess, too. The characters are inmates and staff of a horrible mental institution. This French actress is playing a character like Gia (Angelina Jolie) and Jessica Lange is Big Nurse.

• Jill says:

As I understand it, it will be an entirely new storyline with all new characters. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but agree that they couldn’t do much more with the existing storyline.

16. Jessica says:

When does the new season start? I’m having withdrawals……..

17. Dee says:

I can’t wait for it’s return

18. Melissa says:

Yeah when is it gonna air???

19. lhollern12 says:

@Mary- It’s an all new story line. The Harmon story line is completely over. New setting, new characters, new story.

20. lynn says:

The new season is set in a hospital…..totally new storyline

21. Nicole says:

Adam levine is in the new season! Yum yum.

22. Barbara Dunleavy says:

Though I am very excited for the new season, I have to say I wish they would not change the character Tate in any way what so ever. I loved that character the best. Hopefully by the middle to end of the season he will back to his old self.

23. JENNIFER says:

I WAS STUCK AS SOON AS I SAW THE FIRST EPISODE. I LOVED IT AND WAS UPSET WHEN IT ENDED AND AM REALLY EXCITED THAT THEY ARE COMING OUT WITH A NEW SEASON, OH YEAH CAINT WAIT IM TOO EXCITED :)

24. It just won’t be the same… different house, different cast (mostly), different story all together. I’m thinking nothing will top season 1, it was amazing! The best Horror show on t.v., PERIOD!! :)

• Rachel says:

I agree with you 100%. The first episode was so intense and unexpected and it just got me hooked. I loved the whole story line and characters…i will give season 2 a fair chance, but i somehow doubt it’ll live up to the first, and my interest win wane, or it will be totally stupid, seeing the same actors but now supposed to be completely different characters, and i’ll just stop watching altogether. which sucks.

• lori says:

Yeah that first episode had me hook, line, and sinker!! I just wonder how they can rework some of the same characters to different roles with a new story-line? I absolutely LOVED Jessica Lange’s character! I WILL BE WATCHING THOUGH!!!

• Mitch says:

Maybe we’ll be suprised, the writers are obviously brilliant. I agree tho, I was addicted at the first episode.

25. TIFFANY says:

WHAT TATE ISNT COMING BACK AWWW MAN THAT JUST RUINED IT FOR ME I LIKED HIM :(

26. Ty says:

I hope she can speak English properly. The reason I said this is because when I’m watching something, I don’t want to guess what the person is saying, and especially if the dialogue is important to the plot/character. In “Inception”, I could hardly understand a lot of what Cotillard was saying, and that took me out of the movie a lot when she’s onscreen for such a dense movie (same as Watanabe). So this is not a racist thing, it’s just a personal/language thing. So, sometimes it’s also very hard watching a movie set in the American South, esp if the character is speaking in a thick southern accent.

27. Kimberlie says:

Personally, I’m glad the Tate character is over. However, very happy to see the actor return, a very talented young man. I’m curious to see if they set season 2 in Boston with a young psychology intern, named Ben….

28. Michelle Hammond says:

It makes sense that it would premiere in October because it was right before/around Halloween when season 1 aired

29. knitv says:

Set on the East Coast but has all the old characters that are stuck at the West Coast house? Doesn’t make sense.

30. Mike says:

So many people can’t actually read an article and pay attention to detail…too eager to start complaining about the things that they overlooked in the article. It says those ACTORS will be returning but as ALL NEW CHARACTERS. As for Season 1 being too good to top, people always say things like that but Im willing to bet if they were able to make something so awesome for the First Season, then they will outdo that for the Second one. Writers brains don’t stop working after they write one season and Im sure they also want to top their previous work as well..

• brittany says:

I completely agree. I’m really excited to see what the writers are going to do with this season. Something tells me that its probably going to be a lot better than the first season anyways. A lot of the actors have already worked with each other, and the writers obviously know what they’re doing.

31. ashley haggaes says:

when does the new season start???

32. Chiara says:

French Horror Story?

33. R says:

AWw taisaa farmiga was like my favorite…. :( but does anyone know the exact date this show is airing?

34. Samantha says:

Im bummed it won’t be the same people/story line! But it’s kind of exciting that it will be sort of like watching a whole new horror movie! As long as they have the same writers, it will be amazing!

35. amanda says:

i hope season 2 is as good as the first offten when new players are brought in its not as good and this is my fave show and im going crazy waiting for the new season, hope for the best ;)

36. tiffany says:

when does it start?

37. Anngeline says:

Oh hell yes. Love this show and SUPER happy Evan Peters is returning, luuurrrvvee him!

38. Alison says:

I will greatly miss Dylan and his (mostly) nude scenes, but will continue to watch.

39. Pete says:

Damn, no Moira. That’s a big disappointment.

40. Mike Legere says:

adam levine should stick to singing..dont taint a good series

41. terry says:

great to hear that the a new season of American horror story is being made really enjoyed season 1 and that Spartacus and Xena have finished can’t wait so hurry it up.but no Moira come on the young version outstanding bring her back she was great.

42. korina says:

When is it going to start I’m dying to start watching season 2

43. please someone tell me when season 2 begins i’m dying to see it!

44. missorls says:

gutted no Taissa Farmiga. She couldve totally nailed this role, too. She’s so pretty in real life, not as Biolet. Great actress. Bailing season 2 now.

45. Lisa says:

I am so psyched that it’s coming in October I just hope that it is not hokey–I was worried that the first one would be and it totally exceeded my expectations–let’s just hope that they (the writers) can keep it up!!!!

• Pete says:

I didn’t see anything about the young Moira. Too bad. I guess I’ll give the 2nd season a try anyway.

46. precious neiley says:

no reply wtf

47. Shawna says:

I’m really excited and can hardly wait for season 2. I am really interested in how this story line will play out and how it will end and fall into season 3. Although I am unhappy that a few of the cast members will not be returning I am confident the fast will be outstanding! I love Adam and can’t wait to see him perform as an actor. He is a very talented man and super sexy. Not to mention, they call it “ACTING” for a reason. Hurry up and get here October!!!

48. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on
    sites I stumbleupon every day. It’s always exciting to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.