Exclusive

Exclusive: Dana Delany Set for Desperate Housewives Finale – Will Julie Benz Join Her?

It’s (finally) official: Dana Delany is headed back to Desperate Housewives before the sun sets on Wisteria Lane.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Delany — who recently wrapped production on the second season of Body of Proof (the finale airs Tuesday) — will reprise her role as Katherine Mayfair in the show’s May 13 series finale.

And it appears she’ll be making the trip alone.

According to an insider, Katherine’s significant other, ex-stripper Robin (played by Dexter alumna Julie Benz), is not scheduled to appear in the episode.

Delany made her then-final appearance at the end of Season 6 when Kath embarked on a really long European vacation with Robin. It’s unclear what brings her back to town — perhaps the news that ex-fiancé Mike passed away finally reached across the pond?

1. ingmarhappy says:

Like!

2. Ally says:

Oh no. I could not stand her!!!

3. Katie says:

Was never a fan of her. She got way too much screen time compared to the main 4 plus her character was dreadful.

4. daniexj says:

*sigh* no Benz, I’m sad. Maybe there’ll be a mention.

5. Zoe says:

They’d better leave Katherine and Robin’s “happily ever after” in place!

6. Jess says:

I was hoping the show was rid of her :/

7. Ana says:

Does that mean that they are ‘breaking up Katherine and Robin? Geez, can’ they give Katherine a happy ending? I hope she doesn’t end up alone…

8. stellix82 says:

This is the news i was waiting for! Very happy to see her on the lane! I would like she will with Robin though :)

9. Georgia says:

This will ruin the finale.

10. stefanjames says:

Yes! Love Dana Delany and Katherine Mayfair. Glad to see her back on the show!

11. Lo says:

Worst news ever. Katherine was such a pathetic character.

12. Dizzle says:

It’ll be great to have Katherine back, but I’m also glad it’s only for one episode. I love Dana Delany but they already have more characters than they know what to do with, and I felt the way they capped her storyline in series 6 was good enough to see her out.

13. Jonathan15 says:

Great! And I’m glad she’s without Julie Benz. I never liked her, especially on DH, since her character was so annoying.

14. Callie says:

Are you kidding me?! I was hoping Katherine coming back was dropped.

15. bomberfl says:

I guess I won’t hold my breath for the return of Nicolette Sheridan.

16. Ed says:

I’m glad she’s back, if only for a few mins.

17. Ross says:

I’d much rather see Edie or Angie than Katherine. At least they were entertaining and had some value.

• lavinia says:

agreed. I just hope that snoozefest of renee perry leaves before they wrap up the show: there were high expectations about vanessa joining (that she was gonna be a vixen/troublemaker and give the gals a run for their money) but she hasn’t done anything remarkable (aside from getting a fiancée and becoming BFF with everyone).
      if I have to watch a program where everyone loves each other without being there any antagonists, I might as well write it off my list! thank God they decided to pull the plug!!

18. erica says:

Katherine is allright but I’d rather have her ex hubby, Nathan Fillion accompanying her! Loved him the most!

• dude says:

Partial to her daughter, Lyndsy Fonseca. But Alex on Nikita is about a million times better than Dylan ever was.

19. L says:

Great news! Katherine was always one of my favorite characters on DH!

20. gloria says:

:( JULIE BENZ IS NOT COMING? UHHH THE FINALE IS GONNA BE BORING FOR ME THEN…

• daniexj says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, quieter, yes, but not better…..

• Ross says:

Lol you think the finale will be boring without a SECONDARY character’s love interest? The show is about Bree, Gabrielle, Lynette and Susan. Not about Robin.

21. I love desperate housewives. It is the only serial I like watching at home. I hope it will continue.

22. Michael says:

Yes! Love Dana Delany and Katherine Mayfair. Glad to see her back on the show! beside I much rather have her then that eddie woman that slap terri hacther

23. mkej43@yahoo.com says:

Like! Like! Like!

24. ndsander@gmail.com says:

Awesome news! Best thing to ever happen to DH post season-1! No question.

• whyno43@gmail.com says:

NDSander, if you mean Dana Delany was the best thing to ever happen post season 1, then abso-freakin-lutely!!!!!

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, for me, Delany’s character was the only one even remotely successful at being shoehorned in, so to speak, to that fifth Housewive role(as opposed to Alfre Woodard and Drea DeMateo; even Vanessa Williams’ character is simply a extension of her Wilhemina from Ugly Betty). So I’m not terribly upset that she’s returning though I’d rather hear that Body of Proof has been renewed for a third season :).

• lavinia says:

I’m fed up with everyone saying that “renee perry is just an extension of willie”. HELLO, SHE IS FRIGGIN’ NOT!!! willie was such an interesting, devious, mean troublemaker, who would always stir up the pot and make the show juicy. renee, on the other hand, is BEYOND DULL: she gets very little screen time and she’s not adding anything to the show because she gets along with everyone. she’s not a dramatic character, neither is funny; she is not involved in the season mystery and doesn’t even hide a mystery of her own. she’s the most idiotic and pointless character on the history of the show! -.-

25. ladyhelix says:

Show runners remember – everything’s better with Julie Benz!

26. sam says:

i was actually surprised when she left, i didn’t realize she wasn’t coming back — was that known by everyone back then???

27. Laura says:

I think she fit in best with the originals. But I’m glad she’s back for only one episode. The rest of the season, the last, should wrap up with the original four…..and also Mary Alice. I’m ready for the last final twist.

ABC got greedy, and I’m assuming she had the best Q ratings, that she got her own show. I like Body of Proof but the ratings tell me it’s not going to last.

All of them are very talented actors and I wish them them best.

28. greysfan says:

Fantastic news. She was great on Housewives and is just as amazing on Body of Proof which unfortunately looks like its going to be cancelled :(

29. Dr. Croland says:

The whole cancellation thing has me royally pissed. Just when they were finally starting to come up with some really good story lines that we might actually wanna watch, they’re cancelling the show! Now we have to watch mindless T&A trash like GBC, or GCB, or whatever… What gives? Have the network execs gone mad?