Exclusive: Dana Delany Set for Desperate Housewives Finale – Will Julie Benz Join Her?

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

It’s (finally) official: Dana Delany is headed back to Desperate Housewives before the sun sets on Wisteria Lane.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Delany — who recently wrapped production on the second season of Body of Proof (the finale airs Tuesday) — will reprise her role as Katherine Mayfair in the show’s May 13 series finale.

And it appears she’ll be making the trip alone.

According to an insider, Katherine’s significant other, ex-stripper Robin (played by Dexter alumna Julie Benz), is not scheduled to appear in the episode.

Delany made her then-final appearance at the end of Season 6 when Kath embarked on a really long European vacation with Robin. It’s unclear what brings her back to town — perhaps the news that ex-fiancé Mike passed away finally reached across the pond?

Comments (43)

• Like!

Comment by ingmarhappy – April 9, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no. I could not stand her!!!

Comment by Ally – April 9, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was never a fan of her. She got way too much screen time compared to the main 4 plus her character was dreadful.

Comment by Katie – April 9, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *sigh* no Benz, I’m sad. Maybe there’ll be a mention.

Comment by daniexj – April 9, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. The hope of maybe seeing Julie Benz as Robin again was the only reason I wanted Delany to return.

Comment by Philipp – April 10, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news!

Comment by Mike Henigan – April 9, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’d better leave Katherine and Robin’s “happily ever after” in place!

Comment by Zoe – April 9, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping the show was rid of her :/

Comment by Jess – April 9, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does that mean that they are ‘breaking up Katherine and Robin? Geez, can’ they give Katherine a happy ending? I hope she doesn’t end up alone…

Comment by Ana – April 9, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why should Katherine get one when all the housewives haven’t got one yet?

Comment by Ally – April 9, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the news i was waiting for! Very happy to see her on the lane! I would like she will with Robin though :)

Comment by stellix82 – April 9, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me encantaria volver a ver robin y catherine es emocionante esta linda pareja

Comment by Silvia – September 29, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will ruin the finale.

Comment by Georgia – April 9, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Leta not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment by dee123 – April 9, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by stefanjames – April 9, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst news ever. Katherine was such a pathetic character.

Comment by Lo – April 9, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be great to have Katherine back, but I’m also glad it’s only for one episode. I love Dana Delany but they already have more characters than they know what to do with, and I felt the way they capped her storyline in series 6 was good enough to see her out.

Comment by Dizzle – April 9, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! And I’m glad she’s without Julie Benz. I never liked her, especially on DH, since her character was so annoying.

Comment by Jonathan15 – April 9, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me?! I was hoping Katherine coming back was dropped.

Comment by Callie – April 9, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I won’t hold my breath for the return of Nicolette Sheridan.

Comment by bomberfl – April 9, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad she’s back, if only for a few mins.

Comment by Ed – April 9, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d much rather see Edie or Angie than Katherine. At least they were entertaining and had some value.

Comment by Ross – April 9, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. I just hope that snoozefest of renee perry leaves before they wrap up the show: there were high expectations about vanessa joining (that she was gonna be a vixen/troublemaker and give the gals a run for their money) but she hasn’t done anything remarkable (aside from getting a fiancée and becoming BFF with everyone).
      if I have to watch a program where everyone loves each other without being there any antagonists, I might as well write it off my list! thank God they decided to pull the plug!!

Comment by lavinia – April 12, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katherine is allright but I’d rather have her ex hubby, Nathan Fillion accompanying her! Loved him the most!

Comment by erica – April 9, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Partial to her daughter, Lyndsy Fonseca. But Alex on Nikita is about a million times better than Dylan ever was.

Comment by dude – April 9, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Katherine was always one of my favorite characters on DH!

Comment by L – April 9, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( JULIE BENZ IS NOT COMING? UHHH THE FINALE IS GONNA BE BORING FOR ME THEN…

Comment by gloria – April 9, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t have said it better myself, quieter, yes, but not better…..

Comment by daniexj – April 9, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol you think the finale will be boring without a SECONDARY character’s love interest? The show is about Bree, Gabrielle, Lynette and Susan. Not about Robin.

Comment by Ross – April 9, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love desperate housewives. It is the only serial I like watching at home. I hope it will continue.

Comment by Home design directory – April 9, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Continue? We’re discussing the final episode…of the series…it’s ending

Comment by Chris – April 11, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Love Dana Delany and Katherine Mayfair. Glad to see her back on the show! beside I much rather have her then that eddie woman that slap terri hacther

Comment by Michael – April 9, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like! Like! Like!

Comment by mkej43@yahoo.com – April 9, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! Best thing to ever happen to DH post season-1! No question.

Comment by ndsander@gmail.com – April 9, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NDSander, if you mean Dana Delany was the best thing to ever happen post season 1, then abso-freakin-lutely!!!!!

Comment by whyno43@gmail.com – April 9, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, for me, Delany’s character was the only one even remotely successful at being shoehorned in, so to speak, to that fifth Housewive role(as opposed to Alfre Woodard and Drea DeMateo; even Vanessa Williams’ character is simply a extension of her Wilhemina from Ugly Betty). So I’m not terribly upset that she’s returning though I’d rather hear that Body of Proof has been renewed for a third season :).

Comment by ChrisGa – April 9, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m fed up with everyone saying that “renee perry is just an extension of willie”. HELLO, SHE IS FRIGGIN’ NOT!!! willie was such an interesting, devious, mean troublemaker, who would always stir up the pot and make the show juicy. renee, on the other hand, is BEYOND DULL: she gets very little screen time and she’s not adding anything to the show because she gets along with everyone. she’s not a dramatic character, neither is funny; she is not involved in the season mystery and doesn’t even hide a mystery of her own. she’s the most idiotic and pointless character on the history of the show! -.-

Comment by lavinia – April 12, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show runners remember – everything’s better with Julie Benz!

Comment by ladyhelix – April 9, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was actually surprised when she left, i didn’t realize she wasn’t coming back — was that known by everyone back then???

Comment by sam – April 9, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she fit in best with the originals. But I’m glad she’s back for only one episode. The rest of the season, the last, should wrap up with the original four…..and also Mary Alice. I’m ready for the last final twist.

ABC got greedy, and I’m assuming she had the best Q ratings, that she got her own show. I like Body of Proof but the ratings tell me it’s not going to last.

All of them are very talented actors and I wish them them best.

Comment by Laura – April 9, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news. She was great on Housewives and is just as amazing on Body of Proof which unfortunately looks like its going to be cancelled :(

Comment by greysfan – April 10, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • May 13 series finale.

Comment by Mellissa Nielson – April 13, 2012 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole cancellation thing has me royally pissed. Just when they were finally starting to come up with some really good story lines that we might actually wanna watch, they’re cancelling the show! Now we have to watch mindless T&A trash like GBC, or GCB, or whatever… What gives? Have the network execs gone mad?

Comment by Dr. Croland – April 15, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post