ABC Sets Return Dates For Rookie Blue, Bachelor Pad, Wipeout and More!

Get More: News, Scheduling News

ABC unveiled its summer plans Thursday, announcing return dates for Rookie Blue, Bachelor Pad and Wipeout, as well as the premiere of Duets

Rookie Blue‘s third season will bow Thursday, May 24 at 10/9c following the two-hour premiere of Duets, a new singing competition series in which Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke “set out on individual journeys across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy of being their protégés.”

Two other new reality series, improv comedy Trust Us With Your Life and the true crime saga Final Witness, will make their debuts in July.

Here’s the complete rundown…

Thursday, May 24
8/7c Duets (NEW SERIES)
10 pm Rookie Blue

Sunday, June 3:
8 pm Secret Millionaire
9 pm  Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Thursday, June 28:
9 pm  Wipeout

Tuesday, July 10:
9 pm  Trust Us With Your Life (NEW SERIES)
10 pm  Final Witness (NEW SERIES)

Monday, July 23:
8 pm Bachelor Pad

As previously announced, the new season of The Bachelorette debuts Monday, May 14.

Comments (23)

• So excited Rookie Blue is coming back! Its the perfect summer distraction.

Comment by Emily – April 5, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! I’m so addicted to Rookie Blue it’s ridiculous but it’s also light enough that I don’t really miss it during the year. I can’t wait for May 24th!

Comment by Anna – April 5, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so excited about the return of Rookie Blue! It’s my ‘guilty pleasure’, and I can hardly wait!

Comment by Ginger – April 24, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So ABC premieres Duets the night American Idol announces their winner? Interesting.

Comment by KBC – April 5, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… Lionel, Kelly and Robin on a talent show to find new singers. Now I get why they were featured on The Voice as “coaches”. They were getting tv exp. For their own show!!

Excited for the return of Rookie Blue!

Comment by stacey – April 5, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love rookie blue will certainly watch

Comment by juan – April 5, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO excited that Rookie Blue is coming back May 24th!!!! Early this year which makes it even better! Cant wait to see whats in store for Sam and Andy!!

Comment by Nikki – April 5, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize that Extreme Makeover was coming back. I loved that show last year. Very inspiration and Chris Powell is a hottie.

Comment by mika – April 5, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather have Once Upon a Time shown from the beginning over the summer instead of Secret Millionaire.

Comment by Mary – April 5, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same! There isn’t anything else like Once Upon a Time~

Comment by emily – April 5, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UG I wanted some scripted fare.. sigh… nothing to watch on ABC this summer then.

Comment by Danielle H – April 5, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rookie Blue is scripted and pretty entertaining. Plus, the cast is a smorgasbord of attractiveness so it’s perfect for summer.
      I swear if they mess up Andy and Sam I will be…..so sad. They’re an amazing mess of a couple and so fun to watch!

Comment by Ryan – April 5, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Once Upon a Time? No point in watching ABC.

Comment by 42foxfire – April 5, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES Rookie Blue!!! I can’t wait!

Comment by Jenn – April 5, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rookie Blue Is back!!!! YES!!!

Comment by Kerry – April 6, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROOKIE BLUE!!!!!

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – April 6, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rookie Blue!!! Can not wait to watch the chemistry between Andy & Sam!

Comment by Jill – April 19, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Luke and Andy get back together!!

Comment by Marcia – April 25, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROOKIE BLUE!!!! CAN’T WAIT FOR THE START OF SEASON 3..IT’S JUST AWESOME EH!!!

Comment by Carey – April 25, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rookie Blue is an awesome show!!! The cast is amazing together. I wish the season was longer.

Comment by Leslie – April 30, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post