TVLine Items: Watch Sofia Vergara Prep For SNL Debut, Price Is Right Game-Changer and More!
Sofia Vergara is bringing her special brand of va-va-voom to Saturday Night Live this weekend, and we’ve got a preview of the Modern Family funnylady in her new role as hostess with the mostess lampooned accent.
Press PLAY below to watch Vergara goof off with SNL vet Jason Sudekis — who, of course, has to proposition the sultry star for a night of sexiness. (It was a given, wasn’t it?)
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• TPIR + PCH = $$$! For the week of April 9, CBS’ The Price Is Right is partnering with the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol to power up Plinko! It goes like this: In a first for the game show, TPIR will send a player to the Plinko! board every day of the week. And should the final chip dropped land in the $10,000 grand prize slot, PCH will double that payday, to 20 grand. But here’s where it gets juicy: If no one hits that middle slot on a given day, the Grand Prize payout for the next day grows by $20,000 — meaning, theoretically, Friday’s Plinko! player could score 100 thou with just that one final chip.
• Ryan Seacrest hit Today with a “big announcement” Wednesday morning, and — drumroll, please — he’ll be taking part in NBC’s coverage of the upcoming summer Olympics in London. The American Idol host added that he’ll have “an announcement very soon” regarding his future with the Fox singing competition.
• West Wing alum Richard Schiff — whose recent TV credits include Up All Night, Once Upon a Time and House of Lies — has booked a season-ending arc on NCIS. Per TVGuide.com, the actor will play an eccentric businessman haunted by the loss of his son, who was killed in a terrorist attack.
• Mikaela Hoover (aka Dave’s underage hook-up on Happy Endings) will next woo Charlie Sheen via a guest spot on the FX summer comedy Anger Management. Hoover will play a bit “older” this time around, as Daytona, the ditzy 23-year-old date of Sheen’s character, baseball player-turned-therapist Charlie Goodson.
• The Style Network has ordered Chicagolicious, a Jerseylisious spinoff slated to premiere June 3.
• VH1 has given the green light to Bounce, its first hour-long scripted pilot, which is set in the world of professional basketball dancers. Per Deadline, Dean Cain (Lois & Clark), Kimberly Elise (Close to Home) and newcomer Taylour Paige are set to star.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?