How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Ted's Hideous Green Dress Returns!

Last season, How I Met Your Mother planted yet another whacky story seed when Ted walked into McLaren’s wearing a green dress and exclaimed, “Now we’re even!” Well, the mystery surrounding his unusual attire will be revisited in the April 16 episode, aptly titled “Now We’re Even,” which also finds Barney trying to entice Ted into going out every single night.

Meanwhile, Lily has a naughty dream, and it’s not about — gasp! — Marshall.

Check out the first look gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (25)

• I hope that the presence of Ranjid in the photo has nothing to do with Lily’s dream!!

Comment by Dee – April 4, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who’s Ranjid? Hard to keep track throughout the seasons……

Comment by Patricia – April 5, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s their driver…cabs, limos, etc…

Comment by c-mo – April 6, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hehe Lily has a sex dream about Ranjit!

Comment by Amanda – April 4, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Youmna – April 4, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just rewatching the shows on Netflix and finished season 6 last week and stumbled upon that Green Dress tease. First thing I thought, “I guess that should be coming up soon!” I always find it so awesome that they introduce these teases in earlier seasons, and still remember to pay them off and sometimes, just keep recurring themes going season upon season. Must be one intense white board in the writer’s room. lol

Comment by Mike – April 4, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Lilly’s dream about Ranjeet?

Comment by Jelly – April 4, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be fun to see what the whole green dress thing was about! I wonder why Barney’s so desperate to go out every night when he’s got a girlfriend, though? (Unless Quinn works most nights or something.) Also, I wonder if Barney will be forced to put the ducky tie back on. He’s wearing it in that not-yet revisted Atlantic City flashforward with Marshall.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 4, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What episode was that flashback on? I don’t remember it…

Comment by Babybop – April 4, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If barney is trying to get ted to go out with him everynight does that mean he has broken up with quinn

Comment by peekie – April 4, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WE can only hope.

Comment by Anna – April 4, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally with you, I am NOT a fan of Quinn, I think she is just too….. Yicky

Comment by Kim – April 4, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed. I love Becki Newton but theres just something about quinn that I don’t like (and I don’t think its that she’s a stripper)

Comment by jenna – April 4, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly! Thank you! At least someone else gets it! Becki Newton is fantastically funny and talented but there is something about the character and Barney that just doesn’t click, there is no chemistry and she just isn’t shining in this role the way she normally does

Comment by Kim – April 4, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, Ranjit….I guess I wasn’t the only one thinking that :)

Comment by Jelly – April 4, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t the green dress scene the one where Ted said “Look she was really hot, OK?” implying that he wore the dress to impress a girl?

I am still looking forward to that storyline…

Also, I thought the show was new next Monday. I hate that we have to wait two more weeks!

Comment by stefanjames – April 4, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ted was wearing a wizard costume when he said the girl was really hot as the excuse! The green dress story is from last season’s “The Mermaid Theory,” where Future!Ted realizes the story he’s telling with Barney and Lily didn’t take place until later on.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 4, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, the show IS new this coming Monday! It’s called “Trilogy Time.” :)

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 4, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can never keep track off those things… great job you guys!

Comment by Juliana Carvalho – April 4, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A green dress, sombreros, Ranjit and a horse in Mac Laren’s :D
    I don’t see how this could be anything but awesome!

Comment by Charpa – April 4, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excited, and hopefully it will be a bit more light hearted than the previous episodes. Gosh I love this show!

Comment by Ashton – April 4, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Robin, Lily always seems to want to get with her, they’ve made several jokes about it, i think they made one in the last episode about Marshall not wanting to have a threesome with a female friend of Lilys.

Comment by Martin – April 4, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how they ultimately connect everything together, lots of hints for the upcoming episodes. Still trying to connect the dots!

Comment by Patricia – April 5, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post