How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Ted's Hideous Green Dress Returns!

Last season, How I Met Your Mother planted yet another whacky story seed when Ted walked into McLaren’s wearing a green dress and exclaimed, “Now we’re even!” Well, the mystery surrounding his unusual attire will be revisited in the April 16 episode, aptly titled “Now We’re Even,” which also finds Barney trying to entice Ted into going out every single night.

Meanwhile, Lily has a naughty dream, and it’s not about — gasp! — Marshall.

Check out the first look gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Dee says:

I hope that the presence of Ranjid in the photo has nothing to do with Lily’s dream!!

2. Amanda says:

Hehe Lily has a sex dream about Ranjit!

3. Youmna says:

Awesome!

4. Mike says:

I was just rewatching the shows on Netflix and finished season 6 last week and stumbled upon that Green Dress tease. First thing I thought, “I guess that should be coming up soon!” I always find it so awesome that they introduce these teases in earlier seasons, and still remember to pay them off and sometimes, just keep recurring themes going season upon season. Must be one intense white board in the writer’s room. lol

5. Jelly says:

Is Lilly’s dream about Ranjeet?

6. It’ll be fun to see what the whole green dress thing was about! I wonder why Barney’s so desperate to go out every night when he’s got a girlfriend, though? (Unless Quinn works most nights or something.) Also, I wonder if Barney will be forced to put the ducky tie back on. He’s wearing it in that not-yet revisted Atlantic City flashforward with Marshall.

7. peekie says:

If barney is trying to get ted to go out with him everynight does that mean he has broken up with quinn

• Anna says:

WE can only hope.

• Kim says:

Totally with you, I am NOT a fan of Quinn, I think she is just too….. Yicky

• jenna says:

agreed. I love Becki Newton but theres just something about quinn that I don’t like (and I don’t think its that she’s a stripper)

• Kim says:

Exactly! Thank you! At least someone else gets it! Becki Newton is fantastically funny and talented but there is something about the character and Barney that just doesn’t click, there is no chemistry and she just isn’t shining in this role the way she normally does

8. Jelly says:

Sorry, Ranjit….I guess I wasn’t the only one thinking that :)

9. stefanjames says:

Isn’t the green dress scene the one where Ted said “Look she was really hot, OK?” implying that he wore the dress to impress a girl?

I am still looking forward to that storyline…

Also, I thought the show was new next Monday. I hate that we have to wait two more weeks!

10. I can never keep track off those things… great job you guys!

11. Charpa says:

A green dress, sombreros, Ranjit and a horse in Mac Laren’s :D
    I don’t see how this could be anything but awesome!

12. Ashton says:

excited, and hopefully it will be a bit more light hearted than the previous episodes. Gosh I love this show!

13. Martin says:

I think it’s Robin, Lily always seems to want to get with her, they’ve made several jokes about it, i think they made one in the last episode about Marshall not wanting to have a threesome with a female friend of Lilys.

14. Patricia says:

I wonder how they ultimately connect everything together, lots of hints for the upcoming episodes. Still trying to connect the dots!