Exclusive: Cougar Town Scene-Stealer Books ABC Comedy Pilot Counter Culture

Up-and-comer Briga Heelan, who is currently making quite the first impression as Grayson’s flighty baby mama on Cougar Town, is staying in the ABC family with a series regular role in the network’s comedy pilot Counter Culture, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The project stars Margo Martindale, Delta Burke and Kerri Kenney as three sisters running their family diner together in West Texas.

Heelan will play Jill, the daughter-in-law of Martindale’s character.

The enviable cast also includes acting vets Ken Howard and Doris Roberts.

Comments (13)

• The headline is deceiving. This girl has barely been on the show, when I saw scene stealer I was expecting to see Busy Phillips or at least Barb!

Comment by Kate – April 4, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They mean the new comer! She was hysterical on the show! Since Grayson is the daddy I’m sure she’ll be back!

Comment by Gary – April 4, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If by hysterical you mean so obnoxious I wanted to pull my own ears off then yes I agree. That’s the character though and she played the character very well.

Comment by Anna – April 5, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Barb hasn’t even appeared during season 3 yet.

Comment by Steven Leitner – April 4, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought. She was a refreshing change to the show added new life.

Comment by Paul – April 4, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so funny and adorable! Can’t wait to see her in a new role. Good for her!!!

Comment by Jay – April 4, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Briga is a shining star- very talented and sure to go far in this industry

Comment by Rosebud – April 4, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MISS BARB! ………

Comment by KenBud – April 4, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she has been really funny in cougar town, the show has a lot of talent going for it

Comment by juan – April 4, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Counter Culture (but is that the best title they could come up with?, and yes, I do “get” it). About Cougar Town, I haven’t watched in a while. Grayson has a baby mama? Was it from a casual hookup before he hooked up with Jules?

Comment by april-ann – April 5, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was hilarious! But I really miss Barb! Is she coming back at all??

Comment by Mikael – April 5, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is accredit to Walnut Hill School for the Arts- her high school!

Comment by LKK – April 19, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post