Castle Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett Cast in Pivotal, Top-Secret Role

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Tahmoh Penikett CastleCastle‘s season finale just got a lot more interesting.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse vet Tahmoh Penikett has landed a potentially recurring gig on the ABC drama that kicks off in the emotional May 7 finale.

His role, not surprisingly, is shrouded in secrecy.

What we can tell you is that his character’s name is Cole Maddox and he’s cold, calculated and has a military background.

In other words, he’s bad news.

Penikett’s recent TV credits include guest stints on Haven, Fairly Legal and The Killing.

Comments (42)

• I’m guessing he’ll be part of our cliffhanger?

Comment by Karen L – April 4, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this the Dragon or another Lockwood, aka Kate’s shooter.

Comment by joel – April 4, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im just gunna write down the mortal kombat logo in the background as a freaky coincidence.

Comment by TJCrinc – April 4, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh. Top secret? Cool. This episode just keeps getting better and better. Can’t wait.

Comment by leigh – April 4, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is sounding like it will be a very interesting finale. But how about confirming that Castle and Beckett finally get around to “it”. :)

Comment by Rick Paula – April 4, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got to be the sniper…

Comment by Joe – April 4, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thought exactly.

Comment by Polly – April 4, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fandom collision! love it. thanks ausiello for the scoop.

Comment by Seb – April 4, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it! Will be good to see him on my TV again :)

Comment by Kristina – April 4, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to it. I just finished rewatching last season’s finale which is still epic, btw. I’m really hoping Rob Bowman is directing the finale again. One week break and only three episodes till the season’s end. Thanks for the news, Aus.

Comment by Madison – April 4, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet you he’s beckett’s shooter. Probably find out who he is and then they don’t catch him so they have to find him next season.

Comment by MixbAby – April 4, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Although I don’t mind seeing more of him. I miss BSG.

Comment by Vannesa – April 5, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah this has got to be the sniper. Or he was involved in Beckett’s mom’s murder somehow.

Comment by maryploppins – April 4, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is that he’s a sniper working for the Dragon. Perhaps he’s the one who actually shot Beckett!! Wow! The anticipation for the finale is growing even more! I have never been so excited for a season finale in my life!!

Comment by Shannon – April 4, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh gawd. Nathan Fillion + Tahmoh Penikett on my tv screen at the same time. #fangirl-loins-ablaze

Comment by mia – April 4, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If only there is a *LIKE* button I would totally push it. ;)

Comment by Audrey – April 4, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not just fangirl loins….

Comment by Deion – April 4, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fanboys loins too? Or other parts of fangirls’ bodies?

Comment by barf – April 4, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the Shooter and he’s also gonna shoot either Ryan or Esposito…..the cliff hanger will be whomever is shot the heart monitor flatlines and the screen will fade to black…
    oh and Caskett they will admit finally admit their feelings…..

Comment by Castle Rules – April 4, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So so excited for this finale! About to be epic!!!

Comment by Becca – April 4, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s kind of a bummer he’s a bad guy. Helo was one of my favorite characters on BSG and he was such a great guy on that show. I’ll have a hard time thinking of him as evil.

Comment by Holly – April 4, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, I just don’t see it! But I suppose that’s acting, we’ll see what happens.

Comment by Rachel – April 4, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was ‘Third’ in SG-1 – a human-form robot from a psychopathic race. He does cold and calculating villain acceptably.

Comment by Zack B – April 5, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now all they need to do is ACTUALLY add Joss Whedon, and we’ll all die of happiness. So excited!

Comment by Rachel – April 4, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was my favorite part of BSG and Dollhouse. He is so great at action and fight scenes. I definitely imagine the Castle finale will be exciting. And this guarantees that even though I’m annoyed with Castle and Beckett, I will still enjoy the episode.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – April 4, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean his Fairly Legal stint was a one-shot deal?

Comment by JP – April 4, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You say it got a lot more interesting; I say it got a lot hotter.

Comment by Morgan – April 4, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some Tahmoh Penikett! Luckily he has been guest starring on shows I already watch.
    So, I never miss an appearance.

Comment by Eliza – April 4, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fandom collision that is!

Comment by Mari – April 4, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably have to watch the episodes he’s in, damn. Castle bores me. I’ve missed him since BSG!

Comment by Lauren – April 4, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Castle will get shot and Kate will tell him she is in love with him and then instead of flat line he ask her to say it again, LOL. Ok thats a stretch.

Comment by Roxie – April 5, 2012 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Nathan Fillion is cast. Then all the references to Buffy, Firefly/Serenity, et. al. Then Adam Baldwin guest stars. Now Tahmoh Penikett guest stars and could reappear next season. The cast, especially Nathan, and the crew of Castle are clearly fans of Joss Whedon’s work. More to the point, they’re doing a pretty good job of trying to get his attention. Why? To try and get him to write and/or direct an episode or two. However farfetched it probably sounds, just imagine it! Just my two cents.

Comment by Orion – April 5, 2012 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh. god. yes. please.

Comment by Alana – April 7, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez maybe I’ll have to check back into this boring snoozefest of a show that has been treading water for a while now. Bad scripts after bad script, painfully stupid stories.. this once great show went right over the cliff and got real boring real fast. The supporting cast on this show is soooo weak with the exception of Maggie Sullivan – bring in Penikett and Baldwin and make them regulars then maybe this show would
    be good again.

Comment by BHM1304 – April 5, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • whoops Susan, I confused actress with her Falcon Crest persona.. damn I’m getting old.

Comment by BHM1304 – April 5, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Joss Whedon and all, and certainly love his work but I have to say I def. don’t want him involved in any way with Castle. Wanna know why? Cuz he’ll kill somebody!!! lol. It’s not a Joss Whedon production unless a character you’ve grown to love dies. He’d totally kill Ryan or Espo lol. Im totally fine with AWM borrowing his characters though. Super stoked for Capt. Mal and Jane to be reunited on the next episode! We better get some firefly references!

Comment by Mandy – April 5, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The funny part is I’m pretty sure you’re right! Even still, just a few thoughts; (1.) it’s not his show and he set a standard for not killing anyone off on another show that’s not his when he directed an episode of The Office (and, yes, that was a comedy) and (2.) just out of sheer respect/loyalty to Nathan, he probably wouldn’t try anything to rock the boat too much. I could totally see him just stopping by to have some fun writing/directing Nathan and the cast since they get along so well. Anyway, the recent Ask Ausiello put the kibosh in my theory that Capt. Montgomery is not dead, but since he said the character is female and connected to a former series regular I think she might be his wife. Thoughts?

Comment by Orion – April 5, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh oh oh I adore Tahmoh Penikett – so glad to see him in a longer lasting role than the last few guest spots. I’m sad he’s bad news but then again there is something to be said for a bay boy! *swoon*

Comment by byephotos207 – April 5, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Dollhouse.

Comment by Mikael – April 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, I know that we are talking about the end of S4 here but I would like to throw something out there – I’m UK watching online at US pace, but has anyone ever thought that the end end of the series will have us discover that Castle’s father will have something to do with Beckett’s mothers murder

Comment by Johnny Quiz – April 19, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read all your comments, and must admit i find all these references and guest `stars` from sci fi programmes a problem. i have never watched serenity or firefly, or any other shows mentioned. i have never heard of the guy who played slaughter, or this new one.we have had firfly in the uk, but i never watched it, i rented serenity and found it boring. also we have only had 6 episodes of series 4 in the uk, so we are miles behind, bu i have seen some later episodes thru i-tunes, and i think that season 4 has been a holding series. lets face it the end of three left lots of questions needing answers, and hopefully season 5 will provide them. but to expect everything to be the same after the shooting shows a laxck of understanding. to expect the leads to jumo into bed is ridiculous, becdkett had a lot to deal with. ptsd is a serious problem and i think marlowe has dealt with it in a good way. lastly before i upset anyone else i think the `i love you` thing is a redherring, kate would have lots of good reasons to not want castle to know she remembers – possibly she thinkds that admitting that will put him and his family in danger. by far the worst lie is castle`s continuing to look into her mothers murder and not telling her

Comment by ivane 6806 – April 23, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bonjour ! Etes vous passé par une agence de référencement pour le référencement web ?

Comment by référencer son site sur orange – November 30, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post