TVLine Items: Alex O'Loughlin Five-0 Hiatus Update, Alphas Adds New Agent and More!
TV Guide Magazine has confirmed that O’Loughlin and his alter ago, Steve McGarrett, will only miss one full episode of the CBS cop drama — though, unfortunately, said installment happens to be Five-0‘s buzzy NCIS: LA crossover event (airing April 30 and May 1).
A spokesperson for O’Loughlin announced earlier this month that the actor was seeking treatment for prescription pain medication, and would be taking leave from Hawaii Five-0 for an unspecified amount of time.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Erin Way (Detroit 1-8-7) has joined Season 2 of Syfy’s Alphas (to debut in July) as Kat, the team’s newest superhuman investigator. Her ability is to pick up any skill at a glance — though for a limited and unpredictable span of time.
• MTV on Friday ordered a 28th season of The Real World, and a 23rd cycle of its competition spinoff The Challenge. Meanwhile, The Real World: St. Thomas (aka Season 27) is currently in production in the Caribbean.
• New Girl‘s Kali Hawk has been added to the cast of Fox’s upcoming In Living Color reboot, Deadline reports.
• The upcoming third season of Rizzoli & Isles will see the return of several familiar faces, TVGuide.com reports, including Chazz Palminteri (Jane’s father), Ed Begley Jr. (Dr. Pike), Chris Vance (Jane’s ex-fling), Jacqueline Bisset (Maura’s adoptive mother), John Doman (Maura’s father) and Colin Egglesfield (Jane’s brother). Season 3 of the TNT drama premieres Tuesday, June 5.
• ABC will try out GBC in Desperate Housewives‘ plum Sunday at 9 pm time slot on April 8, airing two all-new episodes back-to-back.
• MTV2 has given the green light to Hip Hop Squares, a modern twist on the classic tic-tac-toe game show. America’s Got Talent host Nick Cannon and Vampire Diaries star Kat Graham, among others, will fill the squares.
• Oscar-nominated actress Candy Clark (American Graffiti) will play JJ’s mom in Criminal Minds‘ Season 7 finale, per TVGuide.com.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?