Glee Exclusive: Whoopi Goldberg Set to Play Rachel and Kurt's [Spoiler] in May Sweeps Arc

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Rachel and Kurt’s post-McKinley fate rests in Whoopi Goldberg‘s hands.

Glee sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Oscar winning actress-turned-View master has signed on for an extremely pivotal multi-episode arc.

Goldberg will play Carmen Tibideaux, a theatrical grande dame and a professor at New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts (NYADA) who travels to Ohio to preside over Kurt and Rachel’s auditions — and apparently she sticks around long enough to deliver a verdict: I’m told she’ll appear in roughly three episodes, the first of which is set to air on May 1. (Glee‘s season finale is set for May 22.)

Fox Announces Finale Dates for GleeBonesNew GirlAmerican Idol and Others

Fun fact: The New York-based Goldberg accepted the gig despite her well documented fear of flying (Gleeshoots in Los Angeles). Of course, last month she headed West to shoot an episode of The Middle playing Sue’s guidance counselor (it airs May 2), so perhaps she’s developing a friendlier relationship with the skies? [UPDATE: An Middle insider tells us that Goldberg actually travelled to L.A. in a fancy schmancy bus, not an airplane.)

Prior to the back-to-back Glee/Middle stints, Goldberg’s last scripted TV series role was in Benjamin Bratt’s A&E drama The Cleaner.

Comments (135)

• Yes! Yes! Yes!

Comment by Millo – March 27, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee, continuing the grand tradition of no stunting casting and keeping promises.

It’s the only way Glee is consistent.

Comment by Josh – March 27, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This!! I completely agree

Comment by rog – April 19, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did I dream up Ryan Murphy’s “not more stunt casting special stars” policy? Oh, right, that was in conjunction with more even storylines and character development…..

Comment by alex – March 27, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said that in regards to the first half of the season. They’re now filming the second half.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No he said “season 3…” He didn’t specify which half.

Comment by Josh – March 27, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you really think that they already know what they were going to do even before S3 started. Yes, it was in regards to the first half. Deal with it!

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, his exact words were “right now we’re just focusing on the first 12 episodes” the only guest star they had in the first half of the season was Shelby who was a returning character involved in a major arc, not a stunt casting. Ryan was referring to the first half of the season when he said “no stunt casting” and he kept his word on that. Do you think showrunners have every episode of the season planned out the summer before? He has no way of knowing they won’t need a guest star somewhere down the line which is why he made no such promise.

Comment by dude – March 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thank you.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT
          • I’m sorry – what was Ricky Martin then?

Comment by freddie – March 27, 2012 08:44 PM PDT
      • What Lindsey said.

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am so sorry ryan murphy lied to you. :(

Comment by murley – March 27, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think there is a difference between stunt casting, and scripting the show around the guest star (ala Gwyneth Paltrow’s appearances) and landing a guest star in a storyline dictated role – the Rachel/Kurt/NYADA story has been a big part of the “what will I do when I graduate” theme of this season. Ricky Martin? Now that was some (yummy) stunt casting, when Schue suddenly can’t speak Spanish, but the nightschool hottie can show him how it’s done. I’m happy to see Whoopi on Glee, and even happier new episodes are heading our way.Anyone know what happened to Javier Bardem’s appearance?

Comment by Carrie – March 28, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, But I sure agree with your comment.. and come on, when they can get Whoopi to say yes, it’ll -hopefully- be amazing!

Comment by guest05 – March 29, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How awful.

Comment by James – March 27, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoppi takes a bus! She took that to do the Middle!

Comment by Nick – March 27, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Starships she had no trouble flying in, but she won’t take a plane!!!

When was the last time a 747 was attacked by the Borg collective, Whoopi?

Comment by Rock Golf – March 28, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CACKLING.

Wow. That is crazy.

Am I wrong for liking all the guest stars on glee? Whoopi Goldberg… that’s wow. Awesome.

Comment by holla can't words rn. – March 27, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s gone to England for the stage production of Sister Act. She’s done segments on The View to help her fear of flying.

Comment by LaKeeau – March 27, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really GLEE? i mean…i loooove Whoopi but to have a guest star in evry single episode!!!!! this is no more Glee is like…singing with the stars or something!! i want to see the whole cast witch is a huge cast acting and performing why they have to include so many others!!??

Comment by maru – March 27, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is what happens when ratings fall.

Comment by Josh – March 27, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stop watching a flailing show if that is your opinion. There are many of us who want to support and enjoy Glee without reading and hearing your banter. If you feel it is so aweful then those of you who condemn and criticize the show as a weekly commentary please refrain from these forums where we who support and enjoy the show can share good news. Thank you.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “…who travels to Ohio to preside over Kurt and Rachel’s auditions…”
    Really, Glee, really?
    What arts school does that? And an extremely elite one on top of that.
    I just can’t with that stupid storyline.

Comment by Seamus – March 27, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some school does audition in different countries, did you know that??

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure. It must be so damn hard to fill those 20 spots at prestigeous NYADA, they have to send their professors to every applicant‘s small town home in the US and abroad to assess them.
        Maybe that‘s why it‘s so late and still no decision made: It must them take ages to do so (and cost them a fortune, too. Boy, that school must be expensive!).

Comment by Seamus – March 27, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When, exactly, did the show become realistic?

Comment by Benji – March 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol. Good one

Comment by Lisa Q – March 27, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they way Glee handled the whole college application process (not just Rachel and Kurt) was infinitely entertaining to watch, especially AS a senior going through the exact same process (I wish I could get in to a prestigious arts academy with nothing but glee club, a school musical, and a student election on my resume…)

Comment by Emma – March 27, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is a show-a fictional show-where fiction and realistic social issues combined are portrayed. That is the way lots of shows do-not just Glee.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually in the first season, Rachel stated she’d joined just about EVERY social and academic club offered by the school, as well as having extensive training in ballet, dance, music and vocal. what amazes me is that KURT is even considered for NYADA since he has, oh none of that. Also, something that’s a little unrealistic, is that Rachel has planned on going to NYC for school since embryonic stage, but she didn’t know Julliard DIDN’T have a performing arts, nor did she know what NYADA was. Bull! Of course, it’s TV and they have to make the conflict for the actors so the storylines are vaguely interesting. We just have to suspend our disbelief. Alot.

Comment by marti1013 – March 27, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It bothers me too. A typical successful audition process: you submit a tape/DVD/youtube link, you audition in a cattle call in a major city (for them, probably Chicago), you get callbacks on campus, you interview with varying faculty, you get accepted in your program.

Glee’s successful audition process: you submit a school application without any performance recording, you attract faculty members from the school to your hometown for several weeks (long after most seniors should have chosen a school), audition hijinks ensue, you get accepted into a special program made up just for you/your best friend.

Comment by Disco – March 27, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But we don’t know if Kurt and Rachel did send in tape auditions initially to NYADA. Rachel mentioned she had to have several letters of recommendation. 6 episodes left doesn’t give Glee enough time to show the whole real life process for auditions, cattle calls, multiple performancesto any school much less a made up school NYADA in NY. It is fiction no different than characters having conversations off screen just screen time to exhibit a certain part of a story line. This is TV a show. It cannot show everything step by step as in real life too much time in all the background stuff. Lots of nay sayers are getting really literal to the point of absurd complaints of this show. I don’t wish to be anything but accepting of your comments but they are so absolutely ridiculous banter just to bash the show. You don’t like it stop watching it and stop wasting your time critizing it. If I felt like you there are so many other fun things to do with my time.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh good. finally someone who understands the point of watching television and the process of being entertained. how refreshing.

Comment by murley – March 27, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • So watching television and feeling entertained is a process I have to understand first to enjoy? Interesting theory. I always thought Glee was a huge trainwreck but maybe I‘m just not intelectually up to the task. LOL!!!

Comment by Kaley – March 28, 2012 04:55 AM PDT
        • Best.Reply.Ever =D….

Comment by Miguel Lino Mata (@MigueLino88) – March 27, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It‘s Glee claiming to be realistic and being preachy in some parts (suicide storyline, car crash) and completely unrealistic in others (like this season long story arc for two of their main characters). If they want to be preachy: Tell people to write better applications without forgetting all your extracuricular activities and have safety schools. If you want do be cracky and have your NYADA-professors travelling all states and hometowns: Don‘t do tearful suicide-stories. This mix just doesn‘t work anymore and it‘s putting me off what was once my favorite show. And I can rant about that all I want, that‘s what these comments sections are for. If you think Glee is still quality entertainment and can‘t bear people criticizing it spend your time doing all those fun stuff you are talking about instead of lecturing people for having a different opinion.

Comment by Seamus – March 27, 2012 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and yet Gloria Estefan hasn’t even began shooting…

Comment by a – March 27, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like how the producers have been stringing Gloria along…

Comment by Disco – March 27, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like whoopi but this show has gotten ridiculous.

Comment by jasie – March 27, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! I love whoppi, she will make Glee ten time better :)

Comment by coppercurls – March 27, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually some arts high schools have auditions and decisions at the school. It encourages more competition and more students to audition for programs.

Comment by Claire – March 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME! Great casting — I love me some crazy Whoopi — plus I’m glad to hear that Rachel & Kurt’s NYADA plans will get a multi-episode arc. It’s an important story for 2 important characters.

Comment by Julie – March 27, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hehehe, viewmaster

Comment by eric – March 27, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s only entertainment people, don’t get into such an uproar over something so insignificant to real life.

Comment by Darlene Vincent – March 27, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. What I try to say everytime. People get really ridicolous sometimes….

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just said much more than that. If I felt like they do there are so many other things that I could do with my time that are way more fun than waste time on forums like this 1 just to complain to complain. I feel sorry for those who love to hear themselves complain. I would think it would be deafening and boring.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • more guest stars…just great. and the nyada storyline is crap.
    Glee, why u so stupid?

Comment by blabla – March 27, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From the pilot this was Rachel’s dream. Going to New York. School is the next step. This is a very logical story line.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this idea.

Comment by Anna – March 27, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome but still waiting for Gloria Estefan! Maybe they should focus on one guest star before signing up others.

Comment by Norj – March 27, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOD, I wish she’d been cast as Sister Mary Clarence.

Comment by Samantha – March 27, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember Molly Shannon being cast as a *regular* on Glee, and she literally had two lines.

Comment by Bam Bam – March 27, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh the complainers and naysayers.
    If it upsets you, that much, that they’re attempting to introduce you to an iconic figure, within the vocal and acting arena, then don’t watch.
    Whoopi is an amazing actress and will, more than likely, bring lots of humour with her in the episodes she is in.
    I, for one, think it’s a genius idea to bring her into the fold.
    Most of you are too young to even know the significance of having someone like Whoopi Goldberg join an ensemble cast like this. It’s amazing.

Comment by Jennifer (@TomsMom1997) – March 27, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But it is just about ratings, so let us not pretend there is any other reason.

Comment by Josh – March 27, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what television shows don’t try and get interesting and popular stars play significant guest roles? i don’t really understand why the idea of glee casting cool random famous people in various guest spots is so offensive. it is called television. it really isn’t supposed to make you this mad.

Comment by murley – March 27, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you :)

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said Jennifer. People say it is for ratings. It is the main arc for the entire run of Glee. This was Rachel’s dream of New York and stardom. She has to go to school first-NYADA is her and Kurt’s first steps into the adult world of music and Broadway to stardom. Whoopi is a wonderful choice for this role and will bring something extra to this story line. I cannot wait for Whoopi and Glee. Those of you may not remember some of her comedic roles in film that were amazing to watch. This is gold star.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “No more guest stars this season” Ryan Murphy says as he tries to get hold of every celebrity available.
    Not complaining about Whoopi though :)

Comment by Blainers – March 27, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Whoopi, and I love Glee, so what a great combo!! The last great combo she did was Star Trek, NG. I think Glee is great without all of the guest stars, but it’s fun to watch them. Glad she took whatever measures she needed to in order to do the show!

Comment by Alitza Leventhal – March 27, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey what the heck ever happened to having Gloria Estefan on the show?

Comment by Frank – March 27, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I never heard of Gloria Estefan appearence officially from Glee (on twitter for example)… On the contrary, they told us about Ricky Martin, Matt Bomer, and Whoopi… Sooo, was it official? Maybe it was only a rumour… That’s why I have stopped reading spoilers!!

Comment by Miguel Lino Mata (@MigueLino88) – March 27, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since I went to see A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum on Broadway hoping for Nathan Lane, only to see Whoopi in the lead role instead, I’ve had an irrational hatred of her.

Comment by John K. – March 27, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Kurt doesn’t get into NYADA. He needs to stay in Lima with Blaine. I think it’s very selfish of him to leave Blaine alone. Why can’t he go to school in Ohio?

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Kurt doesn’t get into NYADA. Not because I give a toss about Blaine… But just because I hate Kurt with a burning passion and would like to see him fail at life in general.

Comment by hehehe – March 27, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! You sound like a cutie patootie. As long as my Blainers is happy I don’t care.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you were a Blaine fan, you’d know that Blaine would not be fine with holding Kurt back. He respects musical theater, ambition and Kurt far too much for that. You’re a total faker, woops.

Comment by quindepend – March 27, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Blaine would never expect Kurt to give up his dreams. That’s true. But after leaving his school and friends to be with Kurt at McKinley, doesn’t it just seem a little selfish for Kurt to be going off to New York by himself? I can’t be the only one who feels this way. It would be Karmic justice for Kurt to not get into NYADA.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 01:03 PM PDT
        • As long as Kurt is unhappy and off-sceen so I can’t see him crying ever again, I’m gleeful.

Comment by hehehe – March 27, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL! You crack me up.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 01:08 PM PDT
      • stfu, tinydancer.

Comment by quindepend – March 27, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s selfish of Blaine to hold Kurt back from his dreams.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine has given everything up for Kurt. Including almost losing his eye. Kurt can wait one year. BTW, I wish they would’ve gotten a real theater person to plan the Grand Dame. Bernadette Peters would’ve been a fabulous choice.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Blaine doesn’t expect anything of the sort. He raised a toast to Kurt becoming a finalist. So excuse you.

Comment by quindepend – March 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He’s a grown boy, he can take care of himself next year. Whether they decide to do the long distance thing or not…

Comment by quindepend – March 27, 2012 12:42 PM PDT
        • Too late. Ms. Peters is playing Ivy’s mom on Smash.

Comment by Disco – March 27, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whoopi IS a real theatre person (she won a tony) , but probably not by your standards.

Comment by Darlene Vincent – March 27, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dont’ get me wrong…I LOVE Kurt but I hope Kurt doesnt get into NYADA because it’s realistic. He doesnt have any extracurricular activities outside of Glee Club and a supporting role in the school play. If NYADA is as competitive as Glee wants us to believe, there is no way he’d be accepted over other students across the country. But then again, this is Glee and we are supposed to constantly suspend our reality in order to buy into some of the ridiculous storylines they keep feeding us.

Comment by AC – March 27, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Kurt was on both the football team and Cheerios.. Those count as extracurricular.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because giving up on your dreams because of your boyfriend/girlfriend is sad, pathethic and wasteful?

Comment by thefirstmrshummel – March 27, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The OP is trolling.

Comment by quindepend – March 27, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Selfish? LOL. If Kurt had any self-respect he’d have dumped Blaine after Blaine tried to date-rape him, after Blaine flirted shamelessly with Sebastian for how many episodes, after Blaine didn’t do anything for him for Valentine’s Day (but had time to come sing a pointless song at a party).

It pains me that so many little girls think Klaine is a romantic relationship.

Comment by Mark – March 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kurt said he wanted to do it. Just not in the back of a car after drinking. ¬_¬ He wanted to do it in a field of tulips under a double rainbow or something.

Sebastian has flirted *At him*. Blaine’s had no reaction to it, besides shyness and maybe thinking Sebastian is mildly interesting because he puts whiskey in his expresso and screwed some french boys in Paris.

Comment by loserlikesquee – March 27, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So are they ever going to follow through on their announcement that Gloria Estefan would play Santana’s mom, or was that just a lie to try and mute the anger over their atrocious handling of Santana’s coming out that they had no intention of following through on?

Comment by Sean C. – March 27, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s time for Kurt and Rachel to get hit by a truck. That’ll teach them to mess with my Quinn.

Comment by hehehe – March 27, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quinn’s kind of boring. I won’t miss her if she doesn’t come back next season.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Quinn is the most interesting layered character after Rachel Berry. And the writers constantly screw her over with psychotic “plot lines”.

She needs to come back next season YALE 2013!!!

Comment by hehehe – March 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re joking right? Diana Agron’s a beautiful girl, but Quinn’s storyline has been a trainwreck since season 2.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. Quinn was an intriguing character season 1. But they tried to make Quinn solemn after s1 and go through inner turmoil and she never stopped going through turmoil even through most of season 3. Quinn has never been able to find any happiness until recently Yale acceptance then this auto accident. Quinn IMO never gets a break. S2 was a diminished role for Quinn more background character and even more season 3. Dianna’s decision to stay or go won’t make a difference in the story lines for the show. Dianna is gorgeous, talented and wouldn’t suprise me if the Quinn character does not return for season 4.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:23 PM PDT
          • Dianna doesn’t get to decide if she stays or goes that is up it RIB. She is under contract if they want to keep her they will. They probably don’t, Quinn is expendable.

Comment by hebry – March 27, 2012 10:21 PM PDT
        • Quinn isn’t intriguing becasue she is played by an utterly mediocre actress.

Comment by the – March 27, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys. Ryan Murphy said there would be no guest stars for the first half of the season.
    Glee is now filming the second half of season three.
    His comment does not apply anymore.
    Stop complaining.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont know why people are being huffy over guest stars!! Glee has had guest stars since season 1! & I think the show is getting better each season!!

Comment by Kelsey – March 27, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m so glad to see whoopi acting again, wish she was in movies again.

Comment by kelly – March 27, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I have a problem with the Whoopi casting, despite my usual disdain for “stunt” casting on Glee, especially this season when we were promised little to none of it.

When I’ve thought about categorizing a casting as a stunt, it’s because it seems like the guest star is there just for the purpose of being a guest star, like Gweneth Paltrow or Ricky Martin. Those roles didn’t move the plot at all, or the stories of the existing characters very much.

But because Whoopi’s character is going to be intrinsically tied into a major storyline – what happens to Kurt and Rachel after graduation – I think I’m okay with it, especially since she’s an established actress with years of dramatic and comedic experience. As long as her character enhances Rachel and Kurt’s storyline, and doesn’t obscure it with a bunch of off-topic crap I don’t care about, I think I’m down for it.

Comment by thefirstmrshummel – March 27, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Look for Rachel and Kurt to be attending Lima University next season. I’m calling it now.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ugggh! Please dont tell me they are pulling a “90210″ or a “Facts Of Life” where everyone just happens to go to the local state university that was never even mentioned before the 4th season just to keep the characters on the show!

Comment by AceTygra – March 27, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To those who complain about another guest star… So, let’s listen to you, who should play the NYADA professor, Will Shuester?? It was obvious since the begin of the Nyada storyline that they would have to cast a guest star to play the professor, and Whoope is an AMAZING star and worthy of Glee. Let’s just enjoy and stop complaing for once!!

Comment by Chiara – March 27, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Whoopie Goldberg. She said some messed up things re Roman Polanski.

Comment by handsal – March 27, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of you guys are really intense. It is just a show and it is fictional. It is entertainment and not meant to be reality. Sheesh.

Comment by Lisa Q – March 27, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this isnt stunt casting they needed someone for the role and they found a great actress for the role…Seriously they had to find someone so why not Whoopie? Would you rather have a random person play a key role in the series? No…Now shut up

Comment by ggny – March 27, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee Guest Star Count

Season one: Kristin Chenoweth, Victor Garber, Idina Menzel, John Lloyd Young, Jonathan Groff, Eve, Neil Patrick Harris, Molly Shannon, Josh Groban, Olivia Newton John. (11, I probably missed a few..)

Season two: Cheyenne Jackson, John Stamos, Britney Spears, Charice, Gwyneth Paltrow, Katie Couric, Carol Burnett, Kathy Griffin, Loretta Devine, Darren Criss. (10, again, I probably missed a few..)

Season three: Jeff Goldblum, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Helen Mirren in a voice-over, NeNe Leakes, Ricky Martin, Whoopi Goldberg, Gloria Estefan(?). (7, so far.. still not more than season one or two)

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 1: Sara Rue (Suzy Pepper)
      Season 2: Meat Loaf, Barry Bostwick
      Season 3: Lindsay Lohan

May cooler heads prevail, Lindsey.

Comment by Disco – March 27, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just for clarification: we’re on the same side?

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Forgot an easy one.. Season three: Matt Bomer.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But look at most shows on TV. A guest star is almost always for the main plot. ie. NCIS, CSI(NY Miami and LV), Hawaii Five-O, Harry’s Law, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on. My suggestion to those of you who don’t like the show is watch reality TV. It would be more realistic for you.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wasn’t complaining about the guest stars? If you’ve seen my earlier comments, I’m all for the guest stars.. I was just pointing out that the earlier seasons have had many guest stars and that many people complaining have been overlooking that.

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I understand. I apologize if you think I was commenting to you personally. My comment was for all the others who choose to be negative in abundance. I’ve made a recent comment that almost all shows have at least one guest star per episode. As in just about every TV show on air. There are exceptions from time to time but as a whole it is common practice for a story line requiring a certain character not central to the show be given emphasis. NCIS, CSI, The Good Wife, Harry’s Law, the list goes on and on. These are examples of a one hour show which includes Glee.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ahh. Okay. When I read your comment I was like, “woah, woah, woah, I’m on your side!” And yes, I definitely agree in regards to other TV shows. I feel like some people are just trying to find reasons to complain because of the hiatus..

Comment by Lindsey – March 27, 2012 03:55 PM PDT
  • I just read where they’re casting Lindsey Lohan as one of the judges for Nationals. No I am not kidding. Glee is looking more desperate all of the time.

Comment by Nikicakes – March 27, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmm I may actually watch those 3 episodes with Whoopi.

Comment by shiremaid – March 27, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I am so excited for this!

Comment by Jenny – March 27, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me 2. I think it will be great. Whoopi is awesome and deserves a shot to show her comedic talents and her stellar acting skills.

Comment by yep – March 27, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that’s great I love her. This.is going to be fun watching.

Comment by carrir ware – March 27, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me it does not seem feasible that Kurt and Rachel only applied to NYADA. Wouldn’t they have a back-up plan for university if NYADA does not work out?

Comment by BJ – March 27, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is weak writing but done for suspense.

Comment by hebry – March 27, 2012 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like it or not, high ratings are what keep a show going, so if they decide to guest star high profile celebrities while still carrying through with the show’s plot, then let them. I don’t see why some of you are so bothered by the appearance of these “stunt-cast” actors. It’s not like YOU’RE paying them…and if you think they make for a crappy viewing experience or whatever,nobody’s holding a gun to your head, forcing you to watch Glee. Change the channel and spare yourself the “abuse” and let those of us who enjoy the show (warts and all) keep watching it. Whatever Ryan Murphy said is subject to change based on the public’s reception. If people respond better to episodes with guest stars, then the show will give them that. A show IS made for an audience afterall…so they have to strike a balance between what THEY want and what the audience wants. Whatever their reasons, the banter of a few haters isn’t going to change a thing so just quit wasting your time, people. Let Glee be Glee and just deal with it or quit. Simple as that.

Comment by bleep – March 27, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! OMG! The Glee season finale airs on my B-DAY!!!

Comment by March – March 27, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anne Hathaway has been wanting to guest star on this show for two years and instead Ryan Murphy gives us Lindsay Lohan. Matt Bomer is handsome. It’ll be nice to see Blaine shown up by someone else for a change.

Comment by Tyler – March 27, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bomer is wasted on Plaine.

Urhg I didn’t want Anne cause then they would have rehashed Kurt coming out or adjustment to being gay in Lima.

All the while he could have turnrd to Mr and Mr Berry about it.

Comment by hy – March 27, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Bomer and Darren are a good fit, given the sl.

Comment by finngering – March 28, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes! i want her to sing I Will Follow You with new direction

Comment by J – March 28, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoopie might be the first stunt cast this season I‘ll really enjoy! Too bad they involve her in that awful college storyline that had so many WTF-moments from the start. But maybe she can redeem some of them with her awesomeness.

Comment by Kaley – March 28, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well the what is Ryan Murphys Excuse for casting Lindsay Lohan if not STUNT CASTING???

Comment by herculeon – March 28, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great to hear whoopi will be on the middle. love that show! hope there are some good scenes with her and sue.

Comment by scrutinizer – March 28, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post