Exclusive

Glee Exclusive: Lindsay Lohan to Play [Spoiler]

Lindsay Lohan GleeGlee  is going Lindsane.

The Fox hit has finalized a deal with Lindsay Lohan to guest star in one of this season’s final episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively. What’s more, she’ll be tacklinga role she was born to play: herself!

An insider at the Fox hit confirms that the movie star-turned-tabloid queen — once famously the butt of a joke on the show — will serve as a celebrity judge at Nationals. Although there’s no word yet as to who might be joining Lohan on the panel, past judges for the annual season-ending competition have included Josh Groban and Olivia Newton-John.

The Glee gig marks the latest leg of the troubled actress’ Hollywood comeback, which got underway last month when she hosted Saturday Night Live. Her last scripted TV gig was a 2008 arc on Ugly Betty. She’s currently in talks to play acting legend Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime biopic.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Liz S. says:

You have got to be kidding me.

• Kvivik says:

I don’t really care so much that she wants to be on Glee…but whoever the producer/directors are that are considering her for a role as Elizabeth Taylor need to shot! Liz’s eylashes had more talent that the whole of Lindsey Lohan’s body. Sheesh.

• Brooke says:

Good God, no kidding! Are the producers/writers going to allow any of the original cast to actually act in the last few episodes of the season or are they just going to keep flooding viewers with guest stars taking up screen time? I used to like the show for the original cast and characters…these past few seasons are turning into a trainwreck.

• dude says:

She’s playing a JUDGE! You can’t be mad at Glee for stunt casting a judge. It’s what they do every competition and the judges always get 30 seconds of screen time. Pick your battles people.

• I agree with dude too. It’s just a judge. You didn’t even SEE the judges for last years nationals, and all the ones in the past have had like 30 seconds saying “I liked this team, oh hey, call me. But I didn’t like this team” blah blah blah. Everyone needs to calm the french down.

• I’m beginning to think these people are just trolling u.u… I can’t believe something like a judge for nationals upsets them!! ¬¬

• yep says:

I see Glee’s choosing Lindsay Lohan as a judge no differently than Kathy Griffin s2 judge. But have to admit I really liked Olivia St John and Josh Grobin s1 judges. Sort of reprised their roles in a way from that season.

• Jerri says:

original cast can’t act, that’s why there’s a lot of “high profile” guest stars on Glee

• Leo says:

I agreed with dude. Stop overreacting. It’s just a cameo appearance and she probably got few lines. It’s hilarious how offensive you people get.

• Rock Golf says:

Oooh! I know what message Santana can paint on her fingernails!

• Jason says:

April Fools! There’s no way Glee would bring themselves down to her level.

• Kitrina eubank says:

I used to somewhat like her stuff, but is it just me, or is something weird going on with her face? her cheeks look odd and unnatural and that blonde hair is hideous! She was a gorgeous red head, and she ruined it

• Sam says:

Haters just need to stop hating.. So she’s playing a judge.. AND??? How does that effect your life in ANY way? Are you going to die if she does? She needs to make her money. Don’t like it, don’t watch! Get it girl.. Make that money!

• Jo March says:

I was thinking LL had been cast to be Brittney’s mom. She looks old enough.

2. Ruth O says:

Urgh, DO NOT WANT. She couldn’t even act as herself in Machete. Getting sick of Glee and all the cameos. Just good music and character plots please.

• Disco says:

That ship sailed after Acafellas, Josh Groban’s first episode. That was the third episode of the series, y’all.

3. Lisa says:

Dear god can’t she just go away!!!!! She is like a bad rash that you can’t get rid of!!

4. heather says:

Booooo gross. Smh glee

5. Mark says:

Glee is trashy enough, we don’t need a queen of the landfill.

• Pash says:

I think they want to declare themselves, officially, the worst television show on tv that still for some reason gets nominated for awards and accolades.

6. Larissa says:

I don’t know how i feel about this tbh…

7. Isaac says:

No. Just no. I wish people would quit trying to make Lindsay re-happen.

8. A says:

More stunt casting. Oh joy.

• yep says:

Somebody outside of the Glee cast has to be a judge so it could be anyone including Lohan. Get off your rant. It is NOT stunt casting. Olivia Newton John Josh Groban, Kathy Griffin, I’m sorry don’t remember her name-the AfroAmerican actress playing an ex exotic dancer or something like that opposite of Kathy Griffin. These actors were cast as a one time performance in an episode for judging a contest. Same goes for Lohan. Those who troll to be argumentative and condemning of the show should get your facts straight first.

9. Josh says:

Glee reeks of desperation these days.

10. Mike N. says:

OH MY GOD WHAT DID SHE DO TO HERSELF?!?!?! She looks like she’s 50 years old with too much plastic surgery.

• Disco says:

Meth. It’s a terrible drug.

• whyohwhy says:

Seriously. She’s unrecognizable to me. I just can’t connect her with the Lohan who was in Mean Girls.

• zaza says:

Her cheeks look bigger. Is there such a thing as cheek implants and if so, why?

• just sayin says:

yes. they have cheek implants and jaw implants and every kind of implant imaginable. i remember some old reality plastic surgery show showed this girl who just wanted to get a nose job and the surgeon convinced her to get a jaw implant and i think also cheek ones all to balance out her new nose. she ended up looking like she had jay leno’s face.

• Yula says:

I absolutely agree, she does look very old…for 25 year old. she is like those women in late 40s who get all plastered to look 20…

11. Nunaya Bidness says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I swear each spoiler gets worse and worse. I need my favorites to run from this sinking ship and FAST!

12. Melissa says:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Yet ANOTHER guest star in this sub-par season. If they want their viewership back up, they need to rewatch the first half of S1. MAYBE they can get their mojo back. This is just sad.

13. era says:

at least she’s just a judge, she can’t be any worse than any of the other guest judges.

14. LNA says:

Glee is a great show, but what the heck? It is not necessary to add drama and a pariah to a show like that.

15. Aria says:

Glee has gotten real dire of late.

16. Julie says:

Well. This is….um…interesting. There have been some great and not-so-great judges — Kathy Griffin, Josh Groban. I hope this appearance, if it happens, is similar to those, in which they had a couple of lines (Kathy played a Palin-like character, IIRC); neither monopolized the show (like Paltrow did…3 TIMES)

People deserve a second, and third, and fourth chance. I’m no fan, but Lindsay Lohan is a human being and deserves a chance. If Glee is willing to give it to her, then good for them. At least they practice what they preach (most of the time) — tolerance, unlike so many of the nasty Glee fans.

• Disco says:

I, for one, miss those judges’ table moments where we find out that no one is qualified to listen to music, let alone judge anything. Let’s hope Lindsay can fall on the funny side this time.

• yep says:

Hear Hear Julie. Tolerance and acceptance is what the show represents all three seasons. The fandom of this show has splintered into various groups. Those who adore the show and cannot wait til the next episode to watch their favorite characters. Those who love the show for what it is and that it is entertainment of fiction. Those who are unhappy that the show has taken a turn to not emphasize their favorite characters or couples. Those who don’t watch the show any more just troll these forums just to spread hate and condemnation in the form of criticism and complaints. This goes to the extreme of ridiculing the creators of Glee from its management to the actors who portray the characters. Then the last and most are the obnoxious trollers who jus spew hate to hate to cause friction and upheaval. For they have never even watched the show-just trouble makers creating havoc just for the fun of it. I feel sorry for these people to be so bored with life that they have to come here to these forums to spread hate to get their rocks off. Life is too short for this kind of unhappy existence.

• maya says:

PREACH

17. Steve says:

Are you kidding me?

• Barbara says:

She should be in Rehab NOT TV/screen roles!

• Alexandre says:

That’s the most vile comment I’ve seen throughout this whole section. Try stepping into Lindsay’s shoes, see how it feels like to get made fun of and humiliated. You’re a disgusting poor excuse of a human being.

• Kbear says:

I Agree completely, Alexandre.
          Barbara, That was completely and utterly uncalled for. This woman has worked hard on cleaning up her life, and she’s working even harder to get work for herself again. Comments like that are just rude, and show just how doltish, obtuse, and arrogant you are.

• yep says:

We should not cast any stone at anyone til we lived in their shoes. I never lived in her shoes so I have no right to make any kind of judgement about her or anyone else for that matter . I’m not perfect and I bet you aren’t either, Barbara.

18. KSM says:

She’ll just be a judge, which has historically been a small part. I’m sure she’ll do fine with it, and I can’t imagine it would detract from the plot in a major way. I have no problem with it. Then again, I’d love to see her get a chance to succeed.. she was great before she went nuts.

19. WayneInNYC says:

Relax, folks. By the time they get around to shooting the episode, she’ll be back in Rehab and the part will be recast.

20. Ed says:

Wow so much for no special guests this season. How many has there been so far??

21. AYFKM says:

Glee reeks of desperation. How embarrassing. The people in charge of this show constantly undermine all the hard work the actors put in by making the worst possible decisions. They’ve run themselves into the ground.

22. A says:

Noooooo. WTF GLEE?

23. dee says:

Wow. First Whoopie, now this, during the promised “no gimmicks” season? I am SO GLAD I stopped watching this show about 5 episodes ago. What a train wreck it turned out to be.

24. znachki says:

Better she is playing herself as a judge at Nationals, than a “character” in Ohio. At least it makes a slim amount of sense.

25. DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE.I LIKE GLEE BUT WHY HAVE HER.THE SHOW MUST BE GETTING DESPARTE. SHE CANT ACT SHES A TRASHY TRAIN WRECK..WHO EVER DID HER FACE.THEY DIID A HORRIBEL JOB.SHE LOOKS AWFUL.EVEN HER MOTHER LOOKS YOUNGER THAN HER.ITS A TERRILBE IDEA TO HAVE HER ON.

26. Nikko says:

Another desperate move.There’s is no such thing as rock bottom for Glee.

27. Danielle says:

GROSS!!
    And FYI Josh Groban and Olivia Newton-John did not judge Nationals they judged regionals.(or it might have been sectionals but it certainly WAS NOT Nationals)

• yep says:

The point is they were cast to be an episodic character to judge a competition doesn’t matter what competition it was- Sectionals, Regionals. Nationals. The show has to cast outside guests to be a one time episode character to be these judges. An original cast member cannot do both. Danielle, the point is they are a judge for ANY competition. Your emphasis on which competition is bogus and ignorant.

28. James says:

Horrible, horrible, cannot get any worse than this. Why Glee? Why?!

29. zo says:

umm… no.
    she looks about twenty years older than she is (unless i got it wrong and she in older than 50 these days) *in case you didnt get it, sarcazem*, she went to rehab more times then i can count and basically she is a really bad example.
    why would they want her on glee? all they need to do to kepp us gleeks happy is to stop focusing too much on Finchel (because seriousely- blachs!), give us more Klaine scenes and stop being assholes!

30. lolo says:

Shiiiittt! They were pushing it with Whoop I, but this is too much. I want to learn about Artie and his background more. Not cool, Murphy. Not cool.

31. Lily says:

Waw. You’re all being really harsh. I am not that excited to see her on the show but that is all for me. You guys are being so hard on Glee and Lindsay. Waw, I hope she won’t ever read you.

• Captain Hammer says:

I think she is too busy funneling drugs up her nose to read comment boards.

• You really think that she has time to come on here to read what just a bunch of people are saying about her? lol. Chances are she only took the gig to pay for her latest stash of whatever made her look like she does now.
      We’re not being hard on Lindsay. She’s brought it up to herself with all the cr*p she’s done over the years. And like someone said she’s a bad example. Ooooh so she can get out of jail before her time is due just because she’s who she is and yet continue to do what she’s been in jail for. Such a wonderful example for the kids.
      So yeah. No worries about her reading this. And even if she would why would I care what she thinks about what I think about her? She still manages to be a celebrity and have whatever she wants, so why would she care about me?

32. holla says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

MY GOD

33. chickenlittle says:

This show is just stealing everything from Ugly Betty…which should not have been canceled in the first place!

34. Lots of idiots on here whining about Lindsay, of course. I for one am looking forward to her appearance.

35. Bee says:

why the heck are people freaking out? she’s serving as a JUDGE. those (always hilarious) judge scenes last like, what? 90 seconds? people are acting as if she signed on to be the new lead.

• yep says:

Bee, Love your comment of new lead. But no matter what you say all the naysayers will troll to be hateful and condecending about anything the show does. Lohan- to having a long hiatus- to having more or less songs- to writing story lines THEY want to tell-musical tributes-their faovrite or even their insignificant character doesn’t get a story line or background. All this is OLD AND MUNDANE AND IRRELEVANT AND BORING to Glee and to me. Yawn to all the negativity.

36. Annie says:

I thought her mom got mad at Glee for that joke they made about her when Gwyneth Paltrow was guest starring. Oh glee hahaha.

37. JDHetherington says:

Ok. 1. It’s not up to the executive producers to keep all of you happy by giving you everything you want (Klaine, Brittana, No Guest Stars, A Tina Solo, Jesse St. James etc) No tv show that does that, lasts.
    2. The no guest stars thing this season promised no guest stars in the FIRST HALF of the season. And if you bring in any other arguments about new people brought in; The Glee Project contestants, Sebastian, Shane and Sugar are recurring, and as new student characters are supposed to extend the life of the show; The Parents of the show are a long requested thing that a large amount of fans requested and this season we’ve gotten; Mike’s parents, Sam’s parents, Puck’s dad coming up, Rachel’s parents, more background on Finn’s dad, we know who will be playing Santana’s mother (while Gloria Estefan will probably appear in Season 4, which Naya Rivera has confirmed she will be a part of) as well as Blaine’s brother, plus we’ve met Kurt’s dad, Puck’s mom, Quinn’s parents, Sugar’s dad, and we’ve even met Will’s parents, Emma’s parents, and Sue’s mother, and there has been consistent talk of Brittany’s mother over the series; Plus Shelby Corcoran, Jesse St. James were playing ongoing roles; Excluding all that, what “Guest Stars” have they done this season? Ricky Martin (who appeared in Episode 12, which officially started the 2nd half of episodes of the season, Whoopii Goldberg will be playing a recurring character for 3 episodes, which could easily see her appear in a few more next season if Rachel and Kurt’s NYADA storyline continues the way we expect, Cooter, who ended up marrying Beiste (albeat off screen) and therefore has more of a reason to appear later on, and Lindsay Lohan. Who only 2 people making random guest appearances. And let’s not forget talk of bringing Ricky Martin back either at the end of the season or in next at some point. Yeah…..they actually did do what they promised.

• Ana says:

They promised a better season than season 2! They did not do that, the show has never been worst!! I seriously don’t know what goes on in the writers room..

I’m happy to be one of the 3-4 million viewrs who stopped watching Glee for good!

• JDHetherington says:

And that’s YOUR opinion. I think this season has been very well done. And if your one of those supposed 3-4 million viewers who stopped watching Glee for good, why on Earth would you bother commenting? One seems to protest too much.

• And that’s YOUR opinion. Good for you if you think that this season has been very well done. BTW, Ana’s not the only one of that statistic to isn’t watching and is yet commenting on articles like this one. It just helps us remember that not watching wasn’t a bad decision after all (and come on, not commenting on an article involving the worst guest star in Glee history)….
          Everyone’s titled to THEIR opinion. And we’re allowed to share it on here. Ah, la magie of the internet!

• yep says:

i JUST ABSOLUTELY WANT TO HUG YOU. Yessiree to everything you have said. Season 2 the creators tried to accommodate the wishes of their fans which led to a very disjointed season and story lines. But they tried to make their fans happy and give the season a twist for all the characters to grow. Season 3 is much more well written and each episode leads into the next with the story line with few exceptions- the xmas episode. People just don’t like the main story lines. No matter what Glee creators do from here on it will be wrong to this fractured fandom. Glee is darned if they do and the same if they don’t. That is it pure and simple.
      My feelings are if they don’t like the show anymore stop watching it and refrain from forums like these.

38. Babygate says:

You have got to be kidding me. Well, Glee is not exactly Elizabethan art AND they make it a point to be very inclusive so I guess it’s not completely peculiar for them to pull this bit of stunt casting. But seriously, do they think that more people are going to tune in BECAUSE they have LiLo on? And it’s definitely not as bad as her portraying Elizabeth freaking Taylor. The woman is an absolute legend and she’s getting this tabloid queen to portray her? Lifetime should be ashamed AND embarrassed.

39. Josh says:

I saw this and thought ” are we gonna finally meet Quinn’s sister?” Lol Dianna Agron is to hot to look releated to Lindsey but seriously when are we gonna meet Quinn’s Sister or Britney’s Mom?

40. Curtis says:

She’s not even playing a big role so why would any of you care!?!?

41. Patricia says:

Come on I’m so sick of Lindsey Ligan. Just let her career die already. She is a hot mess

42. aunt_deen says:

I’m going to buck the trend here. I’ve always liked Lindsay Lohan. I think she’s a talented young woman who went tragically off the rails, in no small part because of two of the most irresponsible, exploitative parents on the planet. I’ve been hoping she gets her life together and if a small guest role on Glee will help her do it, great.

43. cuius says:

Singing “Rehab” presumably

44. lilmtgirl says:

I’m surprised she even would take a role on glee considering how much she/her momager flipped out about the dialogue that Holly Holliday delivered in spanish class about her being crazy and in rehab.

45. Lia says:

Lindsay Lohan on Glee! Really? Wow, that show has high standards…oh, wait…never mind. If I hadn’t already dropped this show now would be the perfect time.

46. Jill says:

BOOOOOO!!!!!

47. Sparkles. says:

I didn’t even recognize her as Lindsay Lohan and that’s sad. Also, if you dislike Glee and what the producers and directors are doing with the show, don’t watch and stop complaining, it’s as simple as that. I love Glee and I’m excited to see this episode. Y’all could have gotten someone better than Lindsay Lohan though.

48. in the episode, Lohan will run Artie with her car and have a threesome with Santana and Brit.

49. Big sigh!! So sad, Ryan Murphy! So sad!

50. Bryanne says:

Water seeks it’s own level. ‘Nuff said.