Hot Shots: Bones and Booth Balance Baby and Murder! Plus: A Squintern in Love?

Booth and Brennan will soon become new parents on Bones, but that doesn’t mean the murders are going to stop. In fact, we’ve got your first look at the twosome hitting the ground running to solve a case on April 9 (Fox, 8/7c) — just one episode after Brennan gives birth! Plus: Is there another love story brewing in the Jeffersonian?

Bones Taps October Road Alum Jay Paulson to Shake Up Angela’s Life

Judging from the following photo gallery — and her big smile — parenthood seems to agree with the proud new mommy, as does her beautiful new home with Booth!

Meanwhile, Luke Kleintank’s lovable, Southern-drawling squintern Finn Abernathy is back, and he’s found himself a surprising new girlfriend sure to stir up some awkwardness in the workplace.

Check out the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Karen says:

The pic in with them and the daughter in their home dies anyway Cant wai till monday Bones has been missed

2. 1Mars says:

Looking forward to BBB and how this will affect their lives as long as the “additions” don’t take over the show. I am confident that won’t happen but of all the squinterns falling in love, Finn is the one I care the least about. Arastoo and Wendell are much more interesting IMO.

3. J. Norman says:

We’ll see what happens and if the showrunners can assimilate a baby (or 2 if you count Angela / Hodgins kid) into the storyline.

This is a show about high tech crime solving.
    Yes, of course, they can have private lives, but that is not what the audience bought into. A little (cutesy baby scenes) is fine, but there is a point where too much emphasis can bring the show crashing down fast.

• lolo says:

That’s what I bought into…

• Lisa says:

This show was never just about high tech crime solving. From the pilot on Bones has always been 50/50 crime solving and character driven. CSI is high tech crime solving. Bones was never like that.

I also wouldn’t worry too much about too much baby. Stephen Nathan has already said Bones is not going to become Parenthood.

4. sam&deanlicker says:

I’ve commented plenty on my dislike of Finn and his bad fake southern accent, etc.
    (born in Cincinnati, Ohio; he’s closer to Canada, eh, than any Southern state)
    How disappointing that Cam’s daughter is getting involved. He is the worst intern to date.

• Laurie says:

Obviously, you have no idea that Kentucky (and THEY certainly view themselves as “Southern”) are right across the river from Cincinnati. I certainly enjoy Finn and his rather refreshing view of life. I think this new relationship will make for some very interesting situations. Can’t wait!

• DJNL says:

Absolutley agree-don’t like the character at all!! Too cocky and sure of himself and there is NOTHING tolike about him- Yech!

• Leah says:

His southern accent still makes me cringe. Not all Southerners have the same accent, but he’s supposed to be an NC native. Not sure about the coast, but I’ve lived in WNC long enough to know that no one in Appalachia, or the Piedmont for that matter, has that kind of accent or uses those kinds of bizarre colloquialisms. LA and New York showrunners probably have a lot of fun imagining what Southerners might say. I even laugh at some of the things I occasionally catch myself saying. But when the endearing squinterm personality quirk is a southern accent and expressions that aren’t even remotely close to reality, it’s going to be a polarizing character. Besides, to have an accent suddenly become a part of the storyline on a show that is usually void of accents feels off base to me.

5. Adrienne says:

Am I the only one that liked Finn?

6. I really like Finn he is cute and funny, I love him much more than Daisy, Arastoo, and Clark. I am so glad Bones is almost back I have been dying for more!

7. Maggie says:

wendell is still my favorite!!

8. AngelMoonGirl says:

I’m SO excited for this! I LOVE Booth and Brennan as parents!

9. cjeffery7 says:

are we never gonna get any new female squinterns?? just a thought. by my count we’ve had about 7 male squinterns and 1, count ‘em, 1 female – Daisy. for a show that’s got 3 male leads and 3 female leads… i’m not enraged, i’m just surprised, i guess.

10. Nicholas says:

Daisy is the best!

11. Pam says:

Love that Bones & Booth are parents and we are finally getting them together after 7 seasons. It’s about time just hope they show some flash backs to some love making or at least show some love with the two of them in their new home and with their friends and their baby. Bones is way more then crime solving . It’s made it this far through many time slot and night changes a baby isn’t going to rock the boat may help it move along for years to come. Glad Bones is back.

12. Liz says:

I don’t get why they always dress emily Deschanel sooo badly…

13. I love Brennan and Booth, they form the perfect couple and their daughter is blessed to have them as parents, and is also beautiful. I love their house: D

14. Tim says:

Wendell needs to be a permanent part of this show and Cam should order him to report to work naked!

15. Donna says:

Emily looks like she’s glowing and beautiful in these pictures. Motherhood definitely agrees with her.

16. Jules says:

I can’t wait until Monday evening! It should be a good episode. Bones has always been a lot more than just crime fighting from the start! It has a lot about their personal lives and such, and that’s part of what I enjoy :D

17. sandyholl says:

I love bones,and this episode was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. I love new character Finn. (Luke Klientank). I’m from the south and while I do agree that his accent may be a little stereotypical, I don’t find it offensive in any way. I think his character brings a breeze of magnolia scented fresh air to the show. It also doesn’t hurt that he’s extremely easy on the eyes! This is one southern boy that is hoping Finn is here to stay!