30 Rock Scoop: Cheyenne Jackson Will Be Back for Second Live Episode

As NBC’s 30 Rock begins gearing up for its next live episode, Cheyenne Jackson tells us he is among the recurring players who will be back for seconds.

As a Broadway vet, Jackson is of course no stranger to live performance, but he also learned a lot when 30 Rock first worked without a net in October 2010. His biggest tip? “Take your cues from Tina [Fey] and Alec [Baldwin], who are always cool cucumbers, and you’re good to go!”

Jackson’s TGS player, Danny, has appeared a total of nine times, last surfacing in the April 2011 installment surrounding the fictional sketch show’s 100th episode.

30 Rock‘s Season 6 live episode is slated to air on April 26.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop

1. Kevin says:

This show is just not funny anymore .. cancel it

2. Streed says:

So…is he still ON the show??

• Amanda From Michigan says:

The show hasn’t spent very much time even mentioning TGS. I would imagine Danny’s still in that world we don’t get to see or hear about.

3. JenInChicago says:

This show has rebounded and I find it worth watching. Don’t cancel it.

4. TV Gord says:

It has been a disappointing season, but last Thursday’s two episodes were hysterical and I’ve watched them a few times because there were so many great lines! I’m glad Cheyenne will be back. I hope it means he and Tracy have mended fences after his controversial standup bit last year. I remember Cheyenne slamming Tracy, but didn’t hear whether they patched things up.

5. Luke says:

This show is funny, Danny is not.

6. Will says:

Both Katrina Bowden and Cheyenne have been MIA this whole season.. while Ausiello (or someone other contributing writer on the site) mentioned Bowden’s contract was not picked up for this season, there was never a mention of where Cheyenne Jackson has been!

7. mlabanadrian says:

@ Amy & Will: Katrina stated on her twitter that she was off filming a movie during the first half of the season and thats why she didn’t appear in the any episodes the first month and a half. She’s been in there a little bit now, not nearly as much as she used to be in the first few seasons, but she still pops up.

I’ve been shocked they didn’t use Danny in any episodes this season, I wonder if his comment toward Tracy had anything to do with that, but it’s good to see him back. I’m excited to see what other actors sign on. I’m hoping Rachel Dratch will make and appearance, and it’d be sweet to see Jan Hooks or Elaine Stritch appear live too!

8. Juliana says:

I’d love to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus playing Liz again! But Julia is on Veep now, so I’m not sure it’ll happen. It’d be nice, though.