30 Rock Scoop: Cheyenne Jackson Will Be Back for Second Live Episode

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

As NBC’s 30 Rock begins gearing up for its next live episode, Cheyenne Jackson tells us he is among the recurring players who will be back for seconds.

As a Broadway vet, Jackson is of course no stranger to live performance, but he also learned a lot when 30 Rock first worked without a net in October 2010. His biggest tip? “Take your cues from Tina [Fey] and Alec [Baldwin], who are always cool cucumbers, and you’re good to go!”

Jackson’s TGS player, Danny, has appeared a total of nine times, last surfacing in the April 2011 installment surrounding the fictional sketch show’s 100th episode.

30 Rock‘s Season 6 live episode is slated to air on April 26.

Comments (14)

• This show is just not funny anymore .. cancel it

Comment by Kevin – March 26, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is as funny as ever. Cancel yourself

Comment by eliott256 – March 26, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe it isn’t funny to you anymore but that doesn’t mean it needs to be cancelled. If you don’t like it, don’t watch! I still enjoy it!

Comment by Christy – March 26, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still love 30 Rock but I have to agree, it’s nowhere near as funny as it used to be. I do think having Danny back will bring some welcome laughs though.

Comment by Ella – March 27, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…is he still ON the show??

Comment by Streed – March 26, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show hasn’t spent very much time even mentioning TGS. I would imagine Danny’s still in that world we don’t get to see or hear about.

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – March 26, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has rebounded and I find it worth watching. Don’t cancel it.

Comment by JenInChicago – March 26, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has been a disappointing season, but last Thursday’s two episodes were hysterical and I’ve watched them a few times because there were so many great lines! I’m glad Cheyenne will be back. I hope it means he and Tracy have mended fences after his controversial standup bit last year. I remember Cheyenne slamming Tracy, but didn’t hear whether they patched things up.

Comment by TV Gord – March 26, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is funny, Danny is not.

Comment by Luke – March 26, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both Katrina Bowden and Cheyenne have been MIA this whole season.. while Ausiello (or someone other contributing writer on the site) mentioned Bowden’s contract was not picked up for this season, there was never a mention of where Cheyenne Jackson has been!

Comment by Will – March 26, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chyenne was never a regular he was only ever a guest. So he never had a contract to get picked up.

Comment by Amy – March 26, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @ Amy & Will: Katrina stated on her twitter that she was off filming a movie during the first half of the season and thats why she didn’t appear in the any episodes the first month and a half. She’s been in there a little bit now, not nearly as much as she used to be in the first few seasons, but she still pops up.

I’ve been shocked they didn’t use Danny in any episodes this season, I wonder if his comment toward Tracy had anything to do with that, but it’s good to see him back. I’m excited to see what other actors sign on. I’m hoping Rachel Dratch will make and appearance, and it’d be sweet to see Jan Hooks or Elaine Stritch appear live too!

Comment by mlabanadrian – March 28, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus playing Liz again! But Julia is on Veep now, so I’m not sure it’ll happen. It’d be nice, though.

Comment by Juliana – March 29, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post