Scoop: Maria Bello Joins Fox's Touch as [Spoiler]

But will she wear a fedora?! Former Prime Suspect star Maria Bello is joining the cast of Fox’s Touch in a potentially long-term role, TVLine has confirmed.

The actress will appear in multiple episodes as an earth-mother type whose daughter shared a gift similar to that of Martin’s (Kiefer Sutherland) son Jake.

Bello’s deal contains a series regular option should the drama return for a second season.

Comments (17)

• No thanks.

Comment by jgrant794 – March 23, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she going to wear stupid hats?

Comment by Mike – March 23, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the show doesn’t get a second season. It really wasn’t good at all… it seemed like *it* thought it was really good and important, but it really wasn’t.

Comment by Drew – March 23, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t like it then why not just stop watching it? Why wish it cancelled? I’m not a fan of either Glee or Once Upon a Time but I’d never be so selfish to wish them cancelled. They are someone else’s favorite shows and everybody has a right to enjoy their shows.

Comment by Carter – March 23, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For every bad show that’s renewed, a good show is either canceled or never made. For every “Glee” that gets renewed time and time again, there is a “Fringe” that is always on the bubble because the networks have failed to figure out a way of making new forms of distribution count… while still widely distributing shows through those outlets.

I am usually content to let shows go on and I will usually ignore them. “Touch” just annoys me with its self important, completely nonsensical plotting, which the writers are trying to pass off as philosophical and deep. I didn’t just not like it. I’m actually a little offended that those writers are getting paid money while better writers can’t get work. It’s that bad.

If it didn’t pretend to be so important and complex, it might not annoy me so much. As it is… nails on a chalkboard.

Comment by Drew – March 23, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m still on the fence about it but I never got the impression that it was trying to be anything other than an entertaining story. I love Fringe and hope Fox will give it the proper ending it deserves if it’s time is up. I know that other shows need to leave the network for others to stay/premier but after only 2 episodes to decide it needs to go might to early. I do a four episode test to decide what I’m going to stick with, but that’s me. Fringe for instance needed that test because I hated the first 2 episodes but have enjoyed every episode sense. Both Seinfeld and The Office was got the equal 4 Ep test even though I was sure I wasn’t a fan by the second. You never know, next episode of Touch might be the one that hooks you. Things get cancelled and it sucks but there are always other shows to help us get past them. This went in a whole different, weird direction and for that I apologize. My head sometimes wanders. I do miss Carnavale a great deal though.

Comment by Carter – March 23, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • *since

Comment by Carter – March 23, 2012 02:44 PM PDT
          • Carnivale :(
            I watch that ‘series’ finale at least twice a year wondering what if…

Comment by Mr. So & So – March 23, 2012 03:49 PM PDT
          • Oh how true about Carnivale. Tragic. Unfortunately the only thing that makes money these days are shows that appeal to the mouth breathing masses that love Jersey Shore.

Comment by AJ – March 23, 2012 04:43 PM PDT
          • Carnivale was a great series. I loved when the network said that they felt as though the story had run its course. I was screaming at my computer “It ended with a cliffhanger!!!”

With “Touch”, I was intrigued by the idea. But after watching the first two episodes, it is apparent that the writers don’t know what to do with it. It’s an interesting concept, but they don’t know how to make it into a story. The numbers are completely random and pointless, when they should be the result of the kid looking at the world around him and seeing a pattern. They just throw them into scenes in the hopes of impressing us with the connections… and really, what hospital numbers their rooms that way? If they took out the kid, the series could go on pretty much unchanged… take out the kid and Kiefer both and the series might actually be better. But their idea of “fate” bringing everyone together is so forced an unnatural that it doesn’t seem like anything but contrived writing. The execution of the concept is all wrong. I don’t even know if it is viable for a series at all, but if it is, this ain’t it.

It’s weird how the series just rubbed me the wrong way so much that I’m passionate about how much I dislike it after two episodes. I’m usually someone who will watch a handful of episodes before deciding if I like it… and I often watch shows I don’t even like. So it’s hard to get me to this spot so early.

Comment by Drew – March 23, 2012 08:00 PM PDT
        • I love both Fringe and Glee, so I don’t see your point. Glee fans annoyed me to the core, but lately Fringies adopted their behavior with all the Polivia ship and begging to turn back the timeline coz oh Peter and Olivia are soulmates not that Lincoln guy yadda yadda yadda. Just enjoy the show for god’s sake and stop ruining other people’s parade.

Comment by Astrid – March 23, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please.

Comment by Mr. So & So – March 23, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m liking the show, hope it gets renewed and hope she doesn’t screw it up. I couldn’t get into her show on NBC but have to assume she a decent actress!

Comment by Butch Fralia – March 23, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Maria is a great actress. Sounds good to me!

Comment by Nancy – March 23, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck to Maria, I thought Prime suspect was a great show.

Comment by Kevin in CT – March 23, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay I love Maria Bello and Touch, so yes please!!

Comment by Nina – March 23, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she was great… needed someone else to move the story forward, it was a logical next step.

Comment by alice – May 31, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post