TVLine Items: Fringe Nabs Rebecca Mader, Jersey Housewives Season 4 Premiere Date and More

Fringe is finally making room for its self-proclaimed biggest fangirl, Rebecca Mader.

The Lost alumna, who wears her obsession with the Fox thriller on her sleeve (and her chest; see the photo at right), will guest-star in the final two episodes of the season, TV Guide Magazine reports. She’ll play a strong woman somehow involved in a case that is linked to Big Bad David Robert Jones.

For those not aware of Mader’s undying devotion to Fringe, the actress recently gushed to TVLine’s Matt Webb Mitovich, “I just want to be on it… This show just blows my socks off. When I meet people who haven’t seen it, I’m like, ‘What’s the matter with you?'”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Bravo announced Thursday that The Real Housewives of New Jersey will return with its fourth season on Sunday, April 22 at 10/9c.

• Ed Speleers (Eragon) and Matt Milne (War Horse) have joined Season 3 of Downton Abbey as new footmen, Deadline reports.

• Netflix to the rescue again? While The River has yet to be officially cancelled, our sister site Deadline in reporting that the pay video service is in talks with ABC Studios to continue producing the ratings-deficient drama. Discussions are said to be “exploratory” at this point. Netflix is also in talks with Fox to pick up the cancelled Terra Nova.

• Fox has pulled its struggling freshman comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter off the air two weeks ahead of its scheduled preemption. The remaining episodes are slated to air this summer.

• MTV has given the green light to four new unscripted series: The Heights, a docu-drama about friends living in New York’s Washington Heights; Epic Fail, a panel-based series that recreates viewers’ most cringeworthy moments; Totally Clueless, a hidden-camera game show; and This Is How I Made It, which features celebs revealing their secrets to success.

• Another big batch of guest stars will stroll through the upcoming fourth season of Drop Dead Diva, TVGuide.com reports, including Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement), Patty Duke (The Patty Duke Show) and Emily Rutherford (The New Adventures of Old Christine). All three will play Jane’s clients.

• Arrested Development vet Tony Hale will appear alongside professional homemaker Martha Stewart in an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU, per TVGuide.com.

• VH1 has ordered to series Hollywood Exes, a reality show to air this summer featuring the ex-wives of Eddie Murphy, Prince, R. Kelly, Will Smith and Jose Canseco. So… yay?

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Luckyfamilyguy says:

Let the Anna torv troll talk crap about Rebecca.

2. DB says:

Rebecca Mader + Fringe season finale = epic awesomeness in all universes and timelines.
    I love it when actors who are actually fans of the shows are cast.

3. I bet 100,000 dollars that she plays DRJ’s Daughter.

4. Allie says:

The River? Really? I like that Netflix wants to save some cancelled shows now, but they should be /good/ cancalled shows. Arrested Development was a good move, but the River is not so much. Terra Nova was decent but there are more deserving shows that should get a revival.

5. andshesays says:

LOL Yay she got a role in Fringe XD

6. J says:

Don’t care about her….
    I just care about Fringe!

7. jennifer says:

As a huge Fringe fan: I can just welcome Rebecca to the show. Totally agree with her: Don’t understand why someone doesn’t watch Fringe-what’s wrong with some people?!?! Seriously though,the fact more people aren’t watching Fringe completely blows my f*#k*n’ mind. As a big fan-I hope the fact they are introducing a few new characters at this stage in the season is a sign they are confident of receiving a fifth season. The last few episodes before the break were awesome,but,there is still so much left to be explored,&,much to still be answered. Fringe is a program which requires a good amount of thinking-it really needs to stay on the air. Those who wanna watch “reality” programs have so many options. If Fringe was ever (God forbid) cancelled, those of us who enjoy good,intelligent,thought-provoking sci-fi programs ,well , we would be screwed. There really is no other program on the air quite like Fringe-it really is such a unique mixture of so many different things. My fellow Fringe fans( & I know you’re out there) here’s hoping & looking forward to a fifth season of one of the best programs on television-PERIOD!!-in this or any universe.

• Kate says:

Everything you just said! I don’t understand why people don’t watch!

• Agreed. Fringe is one of the few truly creative shows left on television. They always swing for the fences, and while it doesn’t always work out, when it does work, it’s rather spectacular. Either way, you have to respect the production team for taking storytelling risks when most other shows don’t.

• Zepp OnAir says:

I fully agree with what you said, Jennifer! Fringe is a “special case” in a matter of TV shows today. Only, I can deduce that the low ratings, due mainly, by the complex and multi-faceted (wonderful, stupendous!) plot, which provide us with these “crazy” writers, who are absolutely a genius! Because there is no other explanation. Fringe, is the great work already in progress, worldwide, in terms of the TV show, science fiction, without any doubt or reservation, really! It is a unique piece of art. Go, Fringe, for the 5th season, go!

8. dsommer27 says:

Somebody knows somebody to keep Fringe on the air, but I do think it is a creative show.

9. Audry says:

Oh lord!! She better not play Peters love interest..0_0

10. Sam says:

Rebecca Mader is so beautiful! I hope she’s here to stay.

11. Polly says:

Rebecca Mader rules! Bring the ginger hotness to Fringe!

12. merhammer says:

Is this new MTV show a rip off of “The Heights” network show from the 90s?