Exclusive: Brothers & Sisters Alum Ryan Devlin Joins NBC's Dane Cook Pilot Next Caller Please

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Dane Cook has a new enemy.

Brothers & Sisters and Cougar Town grad Ryan Devlin has joined the cast of Next Caller Please, an NBC comedy pilot starring Cook as an abrasive, hard-drinking and sexist host of a New York-based satellite radio station.

Devlin will play Mason, a fellow host at the station who delights in being Cook’s workplace rival. He’ll appear as a guest star in the pilot and, if the project gets picked up to series, will likely recur.

The cast also includes Cougar Town‘s Collette Wolfe as Dane’s co-host.

Comments (8)

• LOVED him on Cougar Town as Smith!

Comment by Jess – March 21, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a funny show, glad to see they’re rounding out the cast with talented actors. Although I’m still bummed about Brothers And Sisters not getting picked up!

Comment by KGT – March 21, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s hilarious — and hot — can’t wait!

Comment by Fran – March 21, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you serious? He is about as funny as cancer.

Comment by bob loblaw – March 21, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, sorry you lost out to the very talented Ryan Devlin. Better luck next time around, if there is one.

Comment by Katie – March 21, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s sad for him. I like Ryan Devlin, but Dane Cook is just AWFUL. I don’t know anyone that actually likes Dane Cook, so I doubt this will last long if it gets picked up.

Comment by KSM – March 21, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t have said it better myself. I had no idea Dane Cook was still around and don’t know why he is when so many people can’t stand him. If it gets picked up, I’ll watch it for Ryan Devlin.

Comment by Lindsey – March 21, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dane Cook has the most Facebook followers (per Huffington Post article today) so I’d guess people find him funny.

Comment by Sylvia – March 23, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post