Good Wife Exclusive: Martha Plimpton Set for Season Finale (and She Won't Be Alone)

Get More: Exclusive, News

Martha Plimpton The Good WifeLooks like The Good Wife‘s Alicia Florrick is going to have to prove she’s worth that salary hike she just scored.

TVLine has learned exclusively that a pair of wily Lockhart Gardner nemeses — Patti Nyholm (Martha Plimpton) and Louis Canning (Michael J. Fox) — are teaming up to take on the firm in a case that will be central to the show’s Season 3 finale.

What’s more, Plimpton’s character will be accompanied by her yet-to-be-cast manny, 25-year-old Michael, who’s being described as “a stunning, model-handsome African man” who keeps his eye on Patti’s kids in the office during working hours, and “has some ongoing concerns about diaper rash.”

Excited about a Patti-Louis power pairing? Any thoughts on who should portray the caregiver to Patti’s kids? Hit the comments!

Comments (33)

• I love it when Martha and Juliana interact. It brings me back the good old ER days (Where Martha played a pregnant junkie Juliana tried to help get clean- and ended up geting her arrested to do so!)

Comment by Tova Rich (@Neela149) – March 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This excites me GREATLY!

Comment by Kendal – March 20, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, has any other show in TV history ever had a better guest cast than Good Wife? You could fill the Best Guest Actors & Actresses Emmy categories with any 5 random episodes.

Comment by Rock Golf – March 20, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. And I luh-ove Martha Plimpton. This is her time!!!

Comment by Melanie – March 20, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Among the many things this show does right is its awesome casting. Love TGW and Martha.

Comment by A – March 20, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wondering when Martha would be making another appearance.

Comment by Ashton – March 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, this is going to be ROUGH! They are both such GREAT characters!

Comment by EveatEden – March 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome back Martha. But still waiting for a spoiler about Cary that could save me from the disperation that season inflicted me about that character’s storyline and screentime.

Comment by Lucy – March 20, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The manny has got to be the Old Spice guy, right?

Comment by ESLKid75 – March 20, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be TOO perfect.

Comment by smidnite – March 20, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought of Mr. Old Spice immediately!

Comment by Diane – March 20, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The description was that of a 25 year old for the part of the manny. Mr. Old Spice is far from that age don’t you think?

Comment by Tania – March 20, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i thought the same exact thing…so funny. The one thing I hate about The Good Wife this season is the Sunday time slot. The show never airs on time so it makes it impossible. I end up DVRing the entire CBS Lineup in hopes that somewhere in there I get the entire Good Wife episode. But for people watching live, it makes it hard for viewers to find the show – especially if they’re also watching other shows on other networks Sunday night. Id like to suggest that the Kings consider spinning Kalinda off onto her own show. I just think she’s a great actress and a character that could have so many other things to explore and could be t he center of a show revolving about her and her investigative skills and the interesting people from her past and present

Comment by Matt – March 20, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I was thinking!

Comment by Cathy – March 25, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mehcad Brooks as the manny, obviously.

Comment by Sam – March 20, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mehcad Brooks would be excellent! I can’t wait for Necessary Roughness to come back!

Comment by tp – March 20, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And what’s up with the Gravatar, Facebook, Twitter log in? Had to use a different email just so my pic wouldn’t show up.

Comment by tp – March 20, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should just hire Michael J Fox. I think he loves playing his character because he doesn’t have to hide his movements. Love me some Martha can’t wait to watch her on Raising Hope tonight.

Comment by Diva – March 20, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. This please!

Comment by Ainav – March 20, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is quite exciting. Maybe Idris Elba could be the guy.

Comment by Che – March 20, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we have also Elsbeth Tascioni in the finale? Then, it would just be TV nirvana.

Comment by Monica – March 20, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes please! seconded! she is easily my favorite role on the show.

Comment by Farrah – March 20, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Parenthood’s Michael B. Jordan too young to play the manny?

Comment by pandora – March 20, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news; love to hate Patty Nyholm!

Comment by Saint Alicia – March 20, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT TODAY… “OMG, Martha should make another appearance in TGW!” Welcome back, Martha, welcome back!

Comment by Tharcyla – March 20, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! She is like one of the best guest stars on this show. Love Martha Plimpton. Been waiting for her to return. So excited!!

Comment by A – March 20, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Raising Hope… if there were ever thoughts for a Good Wife spin-off, I suggest they make the Michael J. Fox and Martha Plimpton pairing permanent.

Comment by Lina – March 20, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon Wayans Jr should play the manny! He is amazing.

Comment by Ella – March 20, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes…Mehcad Brooks definitely

Comment by Safia – March 21, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such great news!! I’v been hoping to get this news! Martha is amazing!!!

Comment by Hilla – March 21, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope team Gardner (Wil & Alicia ) wil be back for the last episode aigainst Canings & Pati.
    Wil and Pati are so funny. Alicia & Canings Also.

Comment by Clothilde – March 24, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post