Switched at Birth Finale Preview: Secrets Spilled, Bombshells Dropped… Relationships Ended?

Get More: Finales, Previews, Scoop

Switched at BirthDid you think Emmett cheating on Bay with Simone was the only secret set to explode on Tuesday’s spring finale of Switched at Birth (ABC Family, 8/7c)? Guess again! The prom-set episode is full of shocking twists, and everybody’s hiding something. Below, TVLine breaks down the biggest questions heading into the episode with a little help from executive producer Lizzy Weiss.

WILL BAY LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT EMMETT AND SIMONE? | Short answer: Yes, and how! “Obviously, it has a huge impact when Bay discovers it, which she will in the finale,” previews Weiss, adding that “all couples go through challenges, but… it’s not a good thing what he did [with Simone].” The pair have been through no shortage of obstacles this season – communication issues, his parents’ divorce, Ty – but Wiess maintains that “there is hope for them.” It just won’t be any easy road. “A lot of fans think Bay and Emmett have true love, and sometimes true love goes through challenges,” she continues. “Maybe they don’t have true love? We’ll have to put them through more challenges and see what happens.”

ABC Family’s Summer Slate: Find Out When Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design Return!

ARE WILKE AND DAPHNE MEANT TO LAST? | While the the twosome remain casual and playful, “Daphne has grown increasingly more and more serious about Wilke,” says Weiss. But they’re about to be thrown for a loop. “Wilke has a surprise, as well, that’s going to be revealed” in Tuesday’s episode.

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH ANGELO? | Get ready for another shocker… Bay’s biological pops is back, and his return brings “a big twist story point…in our final scene that I think the fans will be surprised by,” teases Weiss. The reveal will have huge “ramifications” when the show returns in the fall. Speaking of the new season, prepare for a time jump as the story will pick up with the new school year. “The Kennishes and the Vasquezes will have had a whole summer away that we will have not been part of,” reveals the EP. “Things have happened over the summer.” Like what exactly? For one, “we’ll deal with the Bay and Emmett fallout,” she says.

ARE KATHRYN AND JOHN ON THE BRINK OF DIVORCE? | Could all the fights, suspicions of adultery, and Kathryn flirting with their lawyer put a dent in the what appeared to be a rock-solid marriage? “There are developments with the Kennish marriage,” is all Weiss will say.

(Reporting by Matt Mitovich)

Comments (22)

• I was really disappointed that they had Emmett cheat on Bay. I don’t even think I can hope that they’ll make it through this.

Comment by Dasg – March 20, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must say, I am so confused with the season order. Is tonight’s episode the last for Season 1, or the last before a hiatus?
    This interview indicates that it’s the Season 1 finale and it will be back in September, but I thought this season was extended by 10 more episodes to 32 in total and wouldn’t be ending until June…

Comment by earthbutterfly – March 20, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay – can someone please reassure me that Wilke will be back for Season 2? I love him with Daphne too much to see him go for good.

Comment by littlest wren – March 20, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well most likely not if Austin Butler’s pilot (the Carrie Diaries) is picked up by the CW (and I think there’s a big chance it will)…

Comment by CeCe – March 20, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so sad to hear that Wilkie will not be back — I loved his character

Comment by marie – September 4, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so not only do we have to wait until fall but we miss their entire summer!??? this is a huge bummer!

Comment by sandy – March 21, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be nice if Gina stopped seeing so many different men!! Would love to see her andAngelo get back together and have normal marital arguments…and make ups!! :-)

Comment by Tawja – March 28, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see the finale !!!
    For one OMG Emmet should of never cheated on Bay especially if Bay doesn’t like Simone
    Daphne is lucky because Wilke is really HOT ^______^
    Angelo I feel sorry for him ! He just wants to make things better will try to ; but they had to say he was a fugitive /:
    And John and Kathryn I want to see how that plays out ! If they’re going to work it out ! Because she cheats on him with there lawyer ! If there love is strong they would work it out !
    I just can’t waaaaaaaaaiiiiitttttt to see what happens(:

Comment by Bre'Asia – April 15, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definately miss Wilkie. I mean where will the charm come from now!we need him bak,work out something!Emmett and Bay shd try:we need atleast one stable couple 2 learn from.

Comment by Phioxal – April 19, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • work out bringing Wilkie back!

Comment by marie – September 4, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the series cant wait for it to start up again!

Comment by aprille – April 19, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody knows when I can watch the seson 2?

Comment by Bárbara Grison – April 19, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everyone said it returns in the fall, but i read an interview that said it will return on June 10 2012 and air ten more episodes, untill August 8 2012. Then there will be reruns of the whole first season.

Comment by Brea – May 5, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST show I have ever watched, and the only one. Not one person in my house watches television other than 6 and 11 o’clock news. An acception is made to switched at birth. BRAVO!!!! Start soon please!!

Comment by Carolina – April 26, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emmett! He is so cute! Him and Bay are so good together! I hate that they ended it with them fighting! I don’t know if I’ll make it till next fall to see what happens next! This show is very inspiring, considering I have been deaf since June 6 2010, exactly one year before the show aired, isn’t that weird. I have the exact same birthday as Bay and Daphne! I was meant to watch this show!

Comment by Brea – May 5, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How would u know if you had the same birthday it never really tells when their birthday is

Comment by June – July 16, 2012 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They did show the birthday of Bay and Daphne. Its October 22..they showed it when Bay found her birth certificate in Emmetts garage.

Comment by kellie – August 14, 2012 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Emmett hadn’t cheated on Bay because now I keep wondering what it will be like after they let out another episode. Will Bay be super mad? Will Emmett apologize? Will they break up?? I cant think of anything else. :(

Comment by SEAN BERDY's BIGGEST FAN – June 8, 2012 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They won’t break up … for good anyway. Bay will miss him too much and forgive him. It will make them even closer in the long run. Simone’s heart was changing a bit, so maybe she’ll tell Bay that she came on strong to Emmett when she knew he was weak. It will soften Simone, but the new, nice Simone will NOT be believable, so she will annoy me. But I could be wrong!

Comment by Deb – June 8, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I every time used to study article in news papers but now as I
    am a user of net thus from now I am using net for content,
    thanks to web.

Comment by austin divorce lawyer – October 2, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post