Switched at Birth Finale Preview: Secrets Spilled, Bombshells Dropped... Relationships Ended?

Switched at BirthDid you think Emmett cheating on Bay with Simone was the only secret set to explode on Tuesday’s spring finale of Switched at Birth (ABC Family, 8/7c)? Guess again! The prom-set episode is full of shocking twists, and everybody’s hiding something. Below, TVLine breaks down the biggest questions heading into the episode with a little help from executive producer Lizzy Weiss.

WILL BAY LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT EMMETT AND SIMONE? | Short answer: Yes, and how! “Obviously, it has a huge impact when Bay discovers it, which she will in the finale,” previews Weiss, adding that “all couples go through challenges, but… it’s not a good thing what he did [with Simone].” The pair have been through no shortage of obstacles this season – communication issues, his parents’ divorce, Ty – but Wiess maintains that “there is hope for them.” It just won’t be any easy road. “A lot of fans think Bay and Emmett have true love, and sometimes true love goes through challenges,” she continues. “Maybe they don’t have true love? We’ll have to put them through more challenges and see what happens.”

ABC Family’s Summer Slate: Find Out When Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design Return!

ARE WILKE AND DAPHNE MEANT TO LAST? | While the the twosome remain casual and playful, “Daphne has grown increasingly more and more serious about Wilke,” says Weiss. But they’re about to be thrown for a loop. “Wilke has a surprise, as well, that’s going to be revealed” in Tuesday’s episode.

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH ANGELO? | Get ready for another shocker… Bay’s biological pops is back, and his return brings “a big twist story point…in our final scene that I think the fans will be surprised by,” teases Weiss. The reveal will have huge “ramifications” when the show returns in the fall. Speaking of the new season, prepare for a time jump as the story will pick up with the new school year. “The Kennishes and the Vasquezes will have had a whole summer away that we will have not been part of,” reveals the EP. “Things have happened over the summer.” Like what exactly? For one, “we’ll deal with the Bay and Emmett fallout,” she says.

ARE KATHRYN AND JOHN ON THE BRINK OF DIVORCE? | Could all the fights, suspicions of adultery, and Kathryn flirting with their lawyer put a dent in the what appeared to be a rock-solid marriage? “There are developments with the Kennish marriage,” is all Weiss will say.

(Reporting by Matt Mitovich)

1. Dasg says:

I was really disappointed that they had Emmett cheat on Bay. I don’t even think I can hope that they’ll make it through this.

2. I must say, I am so confused with the season order. Is tonight’s episode the last for Season 1, or the last before a hiatus?
    This interview indicates that it’s the Season 1 finale and it will be back in September, but I thought this season was extended by 10 more episodes to 32 in total and wouldn’t be ending until June…

3. littlest wren says:

Okay – can someone please reassure me that Wilke will be back for Season 2? I love him with Daphne too much to see him go for good.

4. sandy says:

so not only do we have to wait until fall but we miss their entire summer!??? this is a huge bummer!

5. Tawja says:

It would be nice if Gina stopped seeing so many different men!! Would love to see her andAngelo get back together and have normal marital arguments…and make ups!! :-)

6. Bre'Asia says:

I can’t wait to see the finale !!!
    For one OMG Emmet should of never cheated on Bay especially if Bay doesn’t like Simone
    Daphne is lucky because Wilke is really HOT ^______^
    Angelo I feel sorry for him ! He just wants to make things better will try to ; but they had to say he was a fugitive /:
    And John and Kathryn I want to see how that plays out ! If they’re going to work it out ! Because she cheats on him with there lawyer ! If there love is strong they would work it out !
    I just can’t waaaaaaaaaiiiiitttttt to see what happens(:

7. Phioxal says:

Will definately miss Wilkie. I mean where will the charm come from now!we need him bak,work out something!Emmett and Bay shd try:we need atleast one stable couple 2 learn from.

8. aprille says:

I love the series cant wait for it to start up again!

9. Bárbara Grison says:

Does anybody knows when I can watch the seson 2?

• Brea says:

Everyone said it returns in the fall, but i read an interview that said it will return on June 10 2012 and air ten more episodes, untill August 8 2012. Then there will be reruns of the whole first season.

10. Carolina says:

BEST show I have ever watched, and the only one. Not one person in my house watches television other than 6 and 11 o’clock news. An acception is made to switched at birth. BRAVO!!!! Start soon please!!

11. Brea says:

I love Emmett! He is so cute! Him and Bay are so good together! I hate that they ended it with them fighting! I don’t know if I’ll make it till next fall to see what happens next! This show is very inspiring, considering I have been deaf since June 6 2010, exactly one year before the show aired, isn’t that weird. I have the exact same birthday as Bay and Daphne! I was meant to watch this show!

12. SEAN BERDY's BIGGEST FAN says:

I wish Emmett hadn’t cheated on Bay because now I keep wondering what it will be like after they let out another episode. Will Bay be super mad? Will Emmett apologize? Will they break up?? I cant think of anything else. :(

• Deb says:

They won’t break up … for good anyway. Bay will miss him too much and forgive him. It will make them even closer in the long run. Simone’s heart was changing a bit, so maybe she’ll tell Bay that she came on strong to Emmett when she knew he was weak. It will soften Simone, but the new, nice Simone will NOT be believable, so she will annoy me. But I could be wrong!

13. I every time used to study article in news papers but now as I
    am a user of net thus from now I am using net for content,
    thanks to web.