Proving there is life beyond Terra Nova, Jason O’Mara has landed a co-starring role in CBS’ untitled period drama pilot based on the life of rodeo cowboy-turned-Vegas sheriff Ralph Lamb.
Also among this latest batch of pilot castings: a Eureka star and a Community alum move to Roseanne Barr’s trailer park, a Walking Dead vet joins a new cable drama and more.
Joining the previously cast Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis and Carrie-Anne Moss, O’Mara will play Lamb’s diplomatic younger brother. His casting is in second position to Terra Nova, which was cancelled by Fox but is still in talks to continue on via Netflix.
In other pilot news, per our sister site Deadline:
• Eureka‘s Salli Richardson and Greg Cromer (Community/Happy Endings) have joined Roseanne Barr’s multi-camera NBC comedy Downwardly Mobile, playing a formerly wealthy couple who move to the trailer park run by Barr’s character.
• Noah Emmerich (aka The Walking Dead‘s Jenner) has been cast in FX‘s 1980s spy drama The Americans. He’ll play an FBI agent who grows suspicious of his undercover next door neighbors (played by Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys).
• Law & Order: SVU vet Stephanie March has been cast in Baby Big Shot, a CBS legal drama about a working class lawyer (Human Target‘s Janet Montgomery) trying to keep up with her esteemed colleagues. March will play a high-ranking associate at the firm.
• Nelson Franklin (Traffic Light) has landed the male lead opposite Mandy Moore in ABC’s untitled Shawn Levy comedy about a young couple who move back to their hometown to run a hip new restaurant.
• Looks like Abby Elliott will be sticking with Saturday Night Live after all. The actress has departed Fox’s comedy Ned Fox Is My Manny after it was determined that she wasn’t right for the role.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?