Report: Horror Story Has Its Eye on Adam Levine

FX’s American Horror Story is thinking about spinning around its big red chair and picking Adam Levine to be a part of Season 2.

The Maroon 5 frontman and coach of The Voice is in talks, EW.com reports, to take on his first acting role and play one half of a couple referred to as “The Lovers” in the spooktacular drama’s sophomore run.

To date, all that is known about AHS Season 2 is that it will be set on the East Coast at an “institution” and bring back Jessica Lange (who originally played Constance), Zachary Quinto (Chad), Evan Peters (Tate), Sarah Paulson (psychic Billie Dean) and Lily Rabe (doctor’s wife Nora), all as new characters.

Season 2 will also feature the yet-to-be-cast role of a “ferocious, extremely sexual and dangerous wild-child sexpot who harbors a secret” à la Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted.

What do make of this Horror Story buzz? Could Levine prove a good fit with the slinky series?

1. Deena says:

Can they also cast Anne V? Who better to play a couple than a couple :D
    I don’t know why I’m commenting, I don’t even watch AHS. Sorry LOL

2. jasie says:

I can’t stand him. Hope this falls through.

3. Ruby says:

Oh please let this happen. My sister’s head would fly off.

4. Mía says:

My immediate reaction was, “what?” but after I’ve thought it over some, my next reaction would be “huh?”
    I hope he gets to live his dream and portray 1/2 of a gay couple

5. D says:

Eewwwwwwwww! why oh why, he’s insufferable.

• Tarc says:

On what planet is Adam Levine ‘insufferable’? I mean seriously, people say some truly bizarre things on blogs, but this one is is the strangest one I’ve seen in ages. Pretty much everybody that’s ever met the guy has had nice things to say.

• Melinda says:

You are absolutely correct. He is wonderful. He is a very talented, caring, decent person. Yeah, he is cocky but not out of rudeness. It is confidence and humor. He makes fun of himself which is endearing. To the people who think Adam is gay….. He is not. His brother is but not Adam. If he CHOOSES to portray a gay person on a tv show, that is his professional creative prerogative and nothing more. There are plenty of straight actors who have taken on the role of a gay person in a role and they are phenomenal actors. It is called ACTING for a reason. The man is just great in anything he does. I have never watched AHS but I will now because I like Adam. So, thank you to the person whose post I am responding to. You are 100% correct. People who know him think he is awesome.

6. MDEP says:

Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, and possibly Adam Levine? I may have to watch the next seasona and I am not a horror fan.

7. wordsmith says:

I’d watch Adam Levine as the wild-child Angelina Jolie character…

Who am I kidding – I’ll be watching whatever they choose to do. Season 1 was enough to sell me on the concept and quality of what they’ve got going on.

8. Mr. So & So says:

Here comes Zachary Q’s twin brother

9. Angela says:

Ohhhhh, man, I may need to pass this information on to my sister. She LOVES this guy and no doubt would be very interested to see this.

10. Frances says:

As long as he gets naked I’m totally fine with this.

11. Pepper says:

This guy is such a fake.

12. Giovanini says:

This is confirmed… He told People Magazine that he will indeed be a part of AHS Season 2 as a part of The Lovers… if you don’t believe me, look it up.