The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: Dancing With the Stars returns to the parquet, the Pretty Little Liars finally come face-to-face with “A,” there are mother lovers on Two and a Half Men and more. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are nine other shows to keep on your radar.

8 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | Season premiere: The latest cast includes Greek goddess Maria Menounos, Little House‘s Melissa Gilbert and soap opera vet Jack Wagner. “Allll… I neeeeeed… is a little more time, to rehearse….”

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Season finale: After a game of cat-and-mouse at Rosewood’s Junior League Masquerade Gala, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer finally come face-to-face with their tormentor. Poll time!

8 pm House (Fox) | House and the team battle to save a blind man (Friday Night Lights‘ Michael B. Jordan) struck down by a mysterious illness; House’s mother unexpectedly arrives at Princeton Plainsboro to inform him of her new beau (guest star Billy Connolly).

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | To celebrate the CBS sitcoms’ return, we’re gonna give every one of ‘em some TVLine-Up love. First up: The gang tries to break up Barney and Quinn after learning they plan on moving in together. (See photos here!)

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Max and Caroline take a spring getaway at a couple’s posh apartment where they’ve been asked to dog-sit. Hey, maybe they can give Mike and Molly some pointers? (You’ll get that joke in a few seconds, depending on your reading speed.)

CBS Renews 18 Shows for Next Season, Fate of Two CSI Series Left Up In the Air

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | Alan’s mother for the first time meets Lyndsey’s mom (played by Mary Tyler Moore‘s Georgia Engel) — and wow, do they, um, hit it off.

9:30 pm Mike & Molly (CBS) | And last but not least: When Peggy goes out of town, she leaves her dog with Mike and Molly, saying it will be good practice for having kids.

Ed Asner Previews His Hawaii Five-0 Encore, 36 Years in the Making: ‘He’s Still Spicy!’

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Holy DWTS synergy! As Beckett and Castle delve into the murder of a TV dance show (!) contestant, they discover the deceased was harboring a shocking secret that may have led to her death. Lauralee Bell (The Young and the Restless) and Adam Harrington (The Secret Circle) guest-star.

10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | Bo meets a Dark Fae succubus; Kenzi attempts to help Trick save the The Dal Riata.

Megan Hilty Teases Smash‘s Mother of a Twist, More Ivy/Karen Drama and Marilyn‘s First Ouster

Comments (47)

• don’t forget someone is going to die on PLP! I guess it’s Maya or Ella!

Comment by markoo – March 19, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS! Matt, you had me ROFL with Jack’s revised lyric.

Comment by Lorie – March 19, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lost Girl! Thanks SyFy! Does anyone know when they’re going to air season 2 on SyFy?

Comment by Tammy – March 19, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOST GIRL Season 2 premieres on Syfy APRIL 16

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh nice, thanks for that info! I’ve really been enjoying it as well and was hoping we wouldn’t have to wait too long for season 2.

Comment by Tee – March 19, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, apparently Season 2 kicks off one week after the Season 1 finale. (But don’t quote me on that.)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks Matt!

Comment by Tammy – March 19, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Hart of Dixie. I forget how many weeks are left.. I think 2 max 3 until it returns.

Comment by Danielle H – March 19, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GOSSIP GIRL and DIXIE are back with new episodes APRIL 2

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thoughtHart came back April 9, thats what cws been promting for weeks. Did they just move it back a week early ? I hope so. Anyway, tonight ill be watching 2 broke girls, pll, smash, hart rerun maybe.

Comment by Brandy – March 19, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lemme quintuple check that for you. Check back later….

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be disappointed if “A” is a twin of ANYONE!

Comment by Karrie – March 19, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why no mention of H50? This is the first new episode in a couple weeks and it has Ed Asner

Comment by sarah – March 19, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See? Once AGAIN someone doesn’t see the link to an entire story about a show. When are you going to just include the show (and the link) in the regular list so people stop doing this?

Comment by dee – March 19, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My program guide says House is new, but the description there and here is a repeat. What’s going on with that?

Comment by Amanda – March 19, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently, as a result of that whole NASCAR preemption a few weeks ago, this episode already aired in some territories.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL and HIMYM! I don’t want to guess who A is, because if I’m right there will be no surprises there…

Comment by Lucy – March 19, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are we totally discounting “Alcatraz”? While it has ahd it’s bumps I think it is starting to find a groove. I hope it gets renewed.

Comment by Jon – March 19, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!! An all-new Hawaii Five-0 tonight!! This and The Voice will be enough for me… The DWTS era is over for me. I usually watch it and am usually excited for it to start, but I think they’ve overdone it. One session a season is enough.

Comment by JJ – March 19, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is an article with Ed Asner (Hawaii Five-0) and an interview with Megan Hilty (Smash) on the main page but neither show is listed here? lol.

I will be watching Smash.

Comment by Tonight on TV – March 19, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SEE???
      For some reason those links, even made RED, are invisible to people in this daily story! Just include the show in the list like everything else, and use the link to the story as the writeup!

Comment by dee – March 19, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (A stands only for) Alcatraz for me tonight. :)
    Lizard Lick Towing (I know – trashy – but I am “hooked”)
    Hawaii Five O

Comment by kirads09 – March 19, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You get an “A” for that tow truck wordplay!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 19, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching How I Met Your Mother (even though this season is going downhill) and 2 Broke Girls. I’m TiVoing House to watch later!

Comment by Babybop728 – March 19, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice (battle rounds continues) & Hawaii Five-O (Ed Asner). Guess I’m giving up on the new season of DWTS and the show entirely just like I did it with IDOL.

Comment by kevin – March 19, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RuPaul’s Drag Race – 9 p.m. on Logo
    Being Human – 9 p.m. on SyFy
    Lost Girl – 10 p.m. on SyFy

Comment by Richard – March 19, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Sighs* I remember when I used to care for HIMYM…
    But YES!!!! New Castle FINALLY!!! And I get it at 8 because I get to watch it on CTV Halifax! :D

Comment by Julie – March 19, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa Gilbert on DWTS tonight? If I ever watched reality shows I’d actually give it a try this time around. Most of the good stuff on tonight is on CBS, except Castle. Really looking forward to 2 Broke Girls. Thanks for all the work putting this together, Matt.

Comment by Shiloh – March 19, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a big night for me. Smash has some good points, so I’ll keep watching. And may catch some of The Voice.

Comment by jess – March 19, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, 2BRokeGirls, Two.5Men, Mike&Molly and my favorite show CASTLE!!!!

Comment by Lynn – March 19, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching 2 Broke Girls, Hawaii 5-0, House, Alcatraz, Being Human and Lost Girl. Great Monday for me!

Comment by Justin – March 19, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM for sure, although this whole season seems to be an exercise in going around in circles. (Without too many laughs, either.) We might have to DVR the PLL finale and watch it afterwards since my sister sort-of indicated to one of her roommates that she watched the show, and she’ll no doubt be asking her about it. I’m SO behind on Castle it’s not even funny, but I have it set up to DVR anyway.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – March 19, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and PLL for me. Finally, we find out who A is. And finally we get Castle back.

Comment by May – March 19, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has that episode of house not already been on?! I’ve already seen it!

Comment by Ems – March 19, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So thankful Castle and H50 are back.

Comment by Sue – March 19, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars
    H5O
    Dancing with the Stars

Comment by G – March 19, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Himym and PLL for me tonight! Normally I would watch House as it’s my favourite show in the world but that episode already aired in Canada!

Comment by Steph – March 19, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you live in Canada it already aired here but didn’t air in the states due to NASCAR.

Comment by Steph – March 19, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SMASH.

Comment by Zach – March 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A is that little friend of Hanna’s! The one that kissed the bf….

Comment by Kavita – March 19, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They still have not revealed who “A” is. Lame! I knew this would happen. That is exactly why I quit watching this junk after a few episodes.

Comment by Velvet – March 19, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being Human
    Lost Girl
    Castle

Comment by Velvet – March 19, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed it too … even though it’s red now, that doesn’t make it a whole lot better.

Comment by cgh – March 19, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW website says Hart of Dixie returns April 9

Comment by Carrie – March 19, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So when Graig Engler said on twitter that season 2 aired right after season 1, he wasn’t kidding! I’m so excited. I’d already seen season 1 a coupe times and have been impatiently waiting for season 2.

BTW Matt, have you seen how it’s doing in the ratings?

Comment by Leah – March 19, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post