The Good Wife‘s Anna Camp and onetime Playboy Club chanteuse Laura Benanti are trading drama for laughs.
Also among the latest pilot castings: NBC’s mysterious Revolution recruits two new members, a Girlfriends star goes Bad, Spartacus‘ imprisoned wife moves on and more.
Camp — whose TV credits also include True Blood, House of Lies and Mad Men — will co-star in Mindy Kaling’s Fox comedy pilot as the former college roommate and best friend of Kaling’s Bridget Jones-esque OB/GYN.
Benanti, meanwhile, has landed the female lead opposite Matthew Perry in the NBC comedy Go On. She will play the leader of a support group where Perry’s sportscaster finds solace following a loss.
In other pilot casting news from our sister site Deadline:
• Andrea Roth (Rescue Me) and JD Pardo (Drive) are gearing up for NBC’s Revolution, an action-drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Roth will play the mother of two of the leads, while Prado is an expert… archer?
• Girlfriends alumna Tracee Ellis Ross has landed behind bars with a lead role on NBC’s adaptation of the UK drama Bad Girls. She will play a high-powered business woman who is serving time for selling phony mortgages and is desperate to get pregnant.
• Erin Cummings (aka Spartacus: Blood and Sand‘s Sura) has joined the cast of the CBS legal drama Baby Big Shot, playing the lead character’s sexually heightened older sister.
• Bonnie Somerville (Cashmere Mafia) will play the lone female detective on the homicide squad in Greg Berlanti’s CBS drama Golden Boy.
• Chloe Bridges (90210) is a popular girl — and young Miss Bradshaw’s arch nemesis — in The CW’s The Carrie Diaries.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?