Once Upon a Time: Watch the Full, Scoop-Filled PaleyFest Panel Here!

Get More: PaleyFest, Scoop, Video

For those Once Upon a Time fans who couldn’t make it to Beverly Hills last week to attend the freshman drama’s PaleyFest panel discussion, Hulu has conjured up a special treat: You can watch the full hour-long Q&A right here.

Already TVLine hit you with a recap of the event’s most magically delicious scoops, but by pressing PLAY below you can see the cast and creators expound on those as well as many other topics. Plus, you can weigh in on the new Chuck Taylors I wore as moderator (since you can’t get a clear view of my nifty, rare “Find Flight 815″ T-shirt).

As an added bonus, I’ve listed below the player a “laundry list” of what is discussed and at the time stamp where you can find it. Enjoy!

0:00 Introductions
2:45 Hidden Lost nuggets and other “Easter eggs”
4:30 Ratings/the challenge of producing Once Upon a Time
7:00 Robert Carlyle on how he created Rumpelstiltskin (hint: his son played a role)
9:00 Getting clarification on the show’s “rule book”
11:30 Jennifer Morrison on Emma (someday) believing Henry
13:00 Ginnifer Goodwin on why the Mary Margaret/David kiss didn’t affect the curse
14:15 Lana Parrilla on the Evil Queen’s wardrobe, making Regina a rich character
16:40 Josh Dallas smiling on cue, then discussing the obstacles ahead for David and Mary Margaret
18:00 Ginner Goodwin on playing a princess on-screen and off
19:45 Raphael Sbarge, Josh Dallas and Robert Carlyle on Archie’s two new patients, the return of Jiminy Cricket
23:00 Series creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz on Regina and Mr. Gold knowing each other’s secrets
25:00 “What did Snow White do to make the Evil Queen so, so angry?”
26:40 Secrets behind the show’s special effects
29:45 Talking Barbara Hershey as Evil Queen’s mother (Parrilla wanted “a Beaches moment”), Pinnochio’s whereabouts, the plan for The Little Mermaid
32:00 How the Vancouver weather has affected production — for better or for worse
35:00 “Will Jamie Dornan (Graham/The Huntsman) be seen again?”
35:50 “Fashion questions” relating to Emma, Mary Margaret and… Rumpel’s fingernail polish!
38:50 “If the actors could play any other character, who would they choose?”
40:30 Audience questions about playing dual roles… Storybrooke’s time stoppage… dwarfs being hatched from eggs (?!)… Josh Dallas replacing Justin Bieber on one girl’s playlist (49:20)… Malificent’s return… favorite scenes (54:00)… and Morrison getting to kiss “one of the hottest men.”

Comments (34)

• can’t watch because i’m not in the us suck

Comment by Lisa – March 12, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve watched it a couple of days ago on Youtube, just search Once Upon a Time Paleyfest 2012 and VOILA.. I am not in the US either..

Comment by Z. – March 12, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you for this info. I was disappointed until I read your post! :)

Comment by Moneca – March 21, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Im not in the US eigther and I look for it on you tube, but they remove it, do you know where can I see the it?

Comment by Sara – May 23, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you have hotspot shield (its free and safe) you can watch things in Canada and outside the US most of the time

Comment by torontogirl98 – March 12, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t either because the loading circle just keeps loading, but never plays.

Comment by Templar – March 12, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont understand why you Matt Mitovich commented Mary and David kiss that way… maybe because I never found any chemistry between Sawyer and Juliet… I loved Mary / David Kiss…Of course I want to see more …but that kiss was hot too… so I didnt agree with you … :/

Comment by si – March 12, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wasn’t a comment about their chemistry, but more of a comparison of how Sawyer and Juliet “woke up” to their real lives in the LOST finale. David and Mary Margaret could have a similar experience in terms of an “awakening” whenever they finally remember.

Comment by Rebecca – March 12, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Correctamundo.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 12, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh ok. Maybe I misunderstood. Thanks for the explanation

Comment by si – March 12, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pls don’t use Hulu. Your fan base comes from more than just the US (where you have to live to view it).

Comment by Kate – March 12, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Just put everything into YouTube and call it a day already! :)

Comment by Kim R – March 12, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hulu bought the rights to certain panels, that is why they have it at all.

Comment by Gigi – March 12, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t mean to argue with you, but Hulu is the one hosting the video so Matt Mitovich had no choice but to use it.

Comment by Remy – March 12, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not watch because I am not in US. D:

Comment by Juh – March 12, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad we finally got it settled that it’s NOT true love’s kiss that will break the curse and that it has do with Emma and her being the savior instead. All this talk in fandom about who will need to kiss whom to end the curse was getting a bit silly.
    Great panel all around! Some great questions and memorable moments (Josh Dallas as the cure for Bieber fever, Rumor Has It, the Evil Regal shirts) and it made me love the cast even more. Can’t wait for Archie’s upcoming therapy sessions and, even more important, the big Snow White/Evil Queen episode!

Comment by Michaela – March 12, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typo: 35:50 – Mart Margaret.

Comment by Kristina – March 12, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Same here, not in the US. Isn’t there any other service than hulu which you could use? I’m dying to see the panel.

Comment by nicky – March 12, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Paley Center, in conjunction with the respective studios, chose Hulu as the hosting service.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 12, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aww, okay. Thanks for explaining. :)

Comment by nicky – March 12, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Youtube has the entire panel too. I was dying to see it also, watched it a couple of days ago:)

Comment by Z. – March 12, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in the US but I can’t view the video (only the preceding ads). Do you have to be a Hulu Plus subscriber to watch it?

Comment by Famin – March 12, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A whole hour-long interview and not a single mention of Belle?! Gah!

Comment by Catherine – March 12, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally cannot get enough of the incredible Robert Carlyle. :heart:
    Enjoyed watching this – thanks!

Comment by kirads09 – March 12, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved how he got the rock star recepption from the crowd.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 12, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much, Matt, for leading this panel in such a great way and posting the full hour for us to enjoy. I do have to agree with Catherine’s post: Why no mention of Belle? Her story is amazing, and I cannot wait to see the day Mr. Gold runs into her. I also wish someone would have asked if Mr. Gold remembers who everyone is.

Comment by Chatty – March 12, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I brought up Belle with Robert Carlyle, during the shrink/Archie topic — he didn’t bite. Plus, Emilie de Ravin just booked a pilot, so I’m sure it would have been much “Scheduling allowing, we shall see, etc.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 12, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, you did such a wonderful job with your questions and keeping the panel talking. Loved the whole thing =)

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – March 12, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very cool. Robert C is awesome. Ginnifer and Jennifer are so cute. I really think August is Rumpel’s son and the scheduling conflicts with GE and EDR better not have Regina crusing Sidney or Belle’s heart.

Comment by Patti – March 12, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so nice when a mod actually watches the show and is a fan, thanks Matt!

Comment by Gigi – March 12, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where’s Darlton?

Comment by NerdBomber – March 13, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wardrobe!

I want that dress (so retro and cute!) that Ginnifer has on in the panel.

I also want the leather jacket(s) Jennifer Morrison wears in the show. So far I have seen red, black and blue.

The secret goth-y part of me wants the entire evil queens closet! :)

Comment by kirads09 – March 13, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, you did a great job as a moderator!

I loved that you asked about Ariel. I was wondering about her : )

Comment by RumpleBelleFan – March 15, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A great panal and cast.
    I loved before the audience questions, Lana thanks the girls for her t-shirt.

Comment by pj – October 20, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post