NCIS: LA Exclusive: [Spoiler] Returns, to Make a Very Interesting Discovery

One of NCIS: Los Angeles‘ biggest ongoing mysteries is the question of when, where and why Nate Getz, the team’s onetime resident operational psychologist, will resurface.

Well, TVLine has exclusively secured intel on the when of Nate’s next appearance on the CBS drama, and a big tease for what happens during his latest visit.

In an episode set to air in early April, Peter Cambor will reprise his role of Nate, and this time his perceptive skills will clue him into a blooming development within the ranks of the L.A. team.

“As well as playing a pivotal role in the case under investigation [that week], Nate also makes a discovery of his own about Nell… and her feelings for Eric,” NCIS: LA boss Shane Brennan tells us.

A curious twist there, seeing as in the February 2011 episode “Lockup,” it was indicated that Nate and Nell have some sort of unsaid connection — familiar or perhaps otherwise.

Alas, as excited as longtime viewers will be to see Cambor back, his latest encore is but a one-off. “Nate will be jetting off to foreign shores at the end of the episode, but fans can be assured that we haven’t seen the last of him,” says Brennan. “Nate remains a much-loved character in the series, and we always look for opportunities to bring him back.”

Comments (26)

• “Nell… and her feelings for Eric”
    me like :)

Comment by t – March 2, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Me too like! Me like Nate coming back and me like that Nell may have feelings for Eric!! Geek love!! Me very happy (so much so I am refering to myself as me instead of I for some reason. I shall now stop acting like a twit……)

Comment by Katy – March 2, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Nate! :) I just wish it wasn’t a one off though and he was back in a more recurring role.

Comment by kirads09 – March 2, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, I can’t stand Nate even for 1 episode.

Comment by Anne – March 2, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really hope Nate isn’t the one who is going to be killed off during May sweeps..that would be awful

Comment by Rach – March 2, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sounds like he isn’t the one getting killed
      but i would rather him killed off than one of the main 6 or Hetty!!!

Comment by CTE – March 2, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still don’t get why he’s no longer in the regular cast. He brought on a much needed personal and interesting input to the team….

Comment by Karen – March 2, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope there is more to him coming back than this but I am extremely interested in his connection to Nell.

I think he is coming back to talk to each team member individually because they have all been through the ringer this year. Well, except for Deeks.

Comment by Shonaille – March 2, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • deeks has gone through a lot this year as well! he had to lie to his partner about being fired, he travelled to prague/romania with them, and he just watched his partner battle her entire past. so, to say that deeks hasn’t gone through the ringer is selling him short. he’s gone through a lot, if not more then the rest of the team – and don’t forget he probably still doesn’t feel like he’s a “full member” because he’s still a liaison, and not a fully fledged agent. but i would looove to see nate talk to deeks, and ask him where he wants his life to be – lapd or ncis, because i think that’s something that needs to be addressed.

Comment by brenna – March 2, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never understand what is keeping the TPTB from having a certain character IF they recognize/admit
    a)they love to have him/her
    and/or
    b)the fans love them

Brennan: ““Nate remains a much-loved character in the series, and we always look for opportunities to bring him back.””

WHY? They are the one calling the shots, if they want them they ARE
    the ones to make it happen! Gheezz! Reading statement like this annoy the heck out of me.

Comment by HG – March 2, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm, what if Peter doesn’t want to come back full time?
      You are only looking at one side of the equation. Brennan may want him back full-time, but Peter may not want that.
      All of these decisions are two way streets.

Comment by Kvivik – April 10, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be glad to see Nate back. The great thing about having the psychologist/profiler on the cast is it challenged the writers to utilize the character. Not just “this is the bad guy… Hate him”. The recent episode about the DSS couriers could have been more interesting than just a “twist” at the end.

Comment by Matthew – March 2, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Nate!!! Happy to see him back. I’m convinced my friend and I are the only people who dislike Nell. But I love Eric though. :)

Comment by Lena120 – March 2, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Nate! It’s about time. I have a feeling they are going to be killing him off thought. just sounds like NCIS, ha.

Comment by meggo – March 2, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Nate coming back!

Wish it was permanent though :(

Comment by Suekay – March 2, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care for Eric and Nell and hope they never go there (having one set of will-they-wont-they partners is enough), but very excited to have Nate back.

Comment by Amy – March 2, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better watch out with the “ongoing mystery”. The average CBS viewer doesn’t have the mental capacity to retain information from week to week; ergo the wall-to-wall procedurals and laugh-track-ridden multi-camera comedies.

Comment by Paul – March 2, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband is a recent fan of NCIS LA and NCIS, after laughing at me for years and years for watching them. He slavishly watches every re-run on the network and cable channels. He likes the Nate character, and he keeps wondering why they got rid of the character. He thinks there is too much of the teamsy stuff, at least he doesn’t want the producers to sacrifice the Nate character. And he has not even seen most the the NCIS LA episodes. This will be an insight from fresh eyes, in case the producers are looking for such.

Comment by prish – March 2, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Nate coming back. He’s a great character and I hope they will keep Nate. Please don’t kill him off Shane. I know you love killing characters, but pleeeeease, don’t do this to us.

Comment by Svenja – March 3, 2012 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Nate back and from the sounds of it, doesn’t seem like he’s going to be the one killed off in the finale. Enjoy his one-off appearances but don’t think he should come back as a regular. Hope TPTB don’t kill off any of the main stars of this show, would really upset the excellent balance of the show.

Comment by Neo Geek – March 3, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kill off deeks’ partner. she’s so unmemorable i can’t remember her names, character or professional. if hetty is killed off i’ll simply stop watching. however, i think the body bag will belong to miguel ferrar.

Comment by don – March 3, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kenis she the one who Kick Ziva ass and made her beg for forgiven

Comment by Michael – March 5, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Nate hadn’t have left in the first place but I’m glad to see him back. Personally, I think him and Nell dated. :D But we’ll see!

Comment by Bridget – March 5, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of all the characters they could kill, I hope it’s Nate. I like him, I just like the others better!! If they ever kill off Callen, Deeks or Kensi I’ll never watch again !

Comment by Cottage101 – April 10, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post