Exclusive

NCIS: LA Exclusive: [Spoiler] Returns, to Make a Very Interesting Discovery

One of NCIS: Los Angeles‘ biggest ongoing mysteries is the question of when, where and why Nate Getz, the team’s onetime resident operational psychologist, will resurface.

Well, TVLine has exclusively secured intel on the when of Nate’s next appearance on the CBS drama, and a big tease for what happens during his latest visit.

In an episode set to air in early April, Peter Cambor will reprise his role of Nate, and this time his perceptive skills will clue him into a blooming development within the ranks of the L.A. team.

“As well as playing a pivotal role in the case under investigation [that week], Nate also makes a discovery of his own about Nell… and her feelings for Eric,” NCIS: LA boss Shane Brennan tells us.

A curious twist there, seeing as in the February 2011 episode “Lockup,” it was indicated that Nate and Nell have some sort of unsaid connection — familiar or perhaps otherwise.

Alas, as excited as longtime viewers will be to see Cambor back, his latest encore is but a one-off. “Nate will be jetting off to foreign shores at the end of the episode, but fans can be assured that we haven’t seen the last of him,” says Brennan. “Nate remains a much-loved character in the series, and we always look for opportunities to bring him back.”

1. t says:

“Nell… and her feelings for Eric”
    me like :)

2. Katy says:

Yay!! Me too like! Me like Nate coming back and me like that Nell may have feelings for Eric!! Geek love!! Me very happy (so much so I am refering to myself as me instead of I for some reason. I shall now stop acting like a twit……)

3. kirads09 says:

Yay Nate! :) I just wish it wasn’t a one off though and he was back in a more recurring role.

4. Anne says:

Ugh, I can’t stand Nate even for 1 episode.

5. Rach says:

i really hope Nate isn’t the one who is going to be killed off during May sweeps..that would be awful

• CTE says:

sounds like he isn’t the one getting killed
      but i would rather him killed off than one of the main 6 or Hetty!!!

6. Karen says:

I still don’t get why he’s no longer in the regular cast. He brought on a much needed personal and interesting input to the team….

7. Shonaille says:

I really hope there is more to him coming back than this but I am extremely interested in his connection to Nell.

I think he is coming back to talk to each team member individually because they have all been through the ringer this year. Well, except for Deeks.

• brenna says:

deeks has gone through a lot this year as well! he had to lie to his partner about being fired, he travelled to prague/romania with them, and he just watched his partner battle her entire past. so, to say that deeks hasn’t gone through the ringer is selling him short. he’s gone through a lot, if not more then the rest of the team – and don’t forget he probably still doesn’t feel like he’s a “full member” because he’s still a liaison, and not a fully fledged agent. but i would looove to see nate talk to deeks, and ask him where he wants his life to be – lapd or ncis, because i think that’s something that needs to be addressed.

8. HG says:

I will never understand what is keeping the TPTB from having a certain character IF they recognize/admit
    a)they love to have him/her
    and/or
    b)the fans love them

Brennan: ““Nate remains a much-loved character in the series, and we always look for opportunities to bring him back.””

WHY? They are the one calling the shots, if they want them they ARE
    the ones to make it happen! Gheezz! Reading statement like this annoy the heck out of me.

• Kvivik says:

Umm, what if Peter doesn’t want to come back full time?
      You are only looking at one side of the equation. Brennan may want him back full-time, but Peter may not want that.
      All of these decisions are two way streets.

9. Matthew says:

I will be glad to see Nate back. The great thing about having the psychologist/profiler on the cast is it challenged the writers to utilize the character. Not just “this is the bad guy… Hate him”. The recent episode about the DSS couriers could have been more interesting than just a “twist” at the end.

10. Lena120 says:

I loved Nate!!! Happy to see him back. I’m convinced my friend and I are the only people who dislike Nell. But I love Eric though. :)

11. meggo says:

Yes! Nate! It’s about time. I have a feeling they are going to be killing him off thought. just sounds like NCIS, ha.

12. Suekay says:

Yay for Nate coming back!

Wish it was permanent though :(

13. Amy says:

I don’t care for Eric and Nell and hope they never go there (having one set of will-they-wont-they partners is enough), but very excited to have Nate back.

14. Paul says:

They better watch out with the “ongoing mystery”. The average CBS viewer doesn’t have the mental capacity to retain information from week to week; ergo the wall-to-wall procedurals and laugh-track-ridden multi-camera comedies.

15. prish says:

My husband is a recent fan of NCIS LA and NCIS, after laughing at me for years and years for watching them. He slavishly watches every re-run on the network and cable channels. He likes the Nate character, and he keeps wondering why they got rid of the character. He thinks there is too much of the teamsy stuff, at least he doesn’t want the producers to sacrifice the Nate character. And he has not even seen most the the NCIS LA episodes. This will be an insight from fresh eyes, in case the producers are looking for such.

16. Svenja says:

Yay for Nate coming back. He’s a great character and I hope they will keep Nate. Please don’t kill him off Shane. I know you love killing characters, but pleeeeease, don’t do this to us.

17. Neo Geek says:

Glad to see Nate back and from the sounds of it, doesn’t seem like he’s going to be the one killed off in the finale. Enjoy his one-off appearances but don’t think he should come back as a regular. Hope TPTB don’t kill off any of the main stars of this show, would really upset the excellent balance of the show.

18. don says:

kill off deeks’ partner. she’s so unmemorable i can’t remember her names, character or professional. if hetty is killed off i’ll simply stop watching. however, i think the body bag will belong to miguel ferrar.

19. Bridget says:

I wish Nate hadn’t have left in the first place but I’m glad to see him back. Personally, I think him and Nell dated. :D But we’ll see!

20. Cottage101 says:

Of all the characters they could kill, I hope it’s Nate. I like him, I just like the others better!! If they ever kill off Callen, Deeks or Kensi I’ll never watch again !