Pilot Scoop: Jamie-Lynn Sigler Joins Jimmy Fallon Comedy, Greek Grad Leads CW Drama
Also among the latest pilot castings: a Greek grad, a Popular gal, a Viagra Diaries shakeup and more.
Fallon’s untitled multi-cam project centers on three thirtysomething guys enjoying the many adventures of parenting, with Sigler — whose recent TV credits include Last Man Standing, Ugly Betty and Entourage — playing the bubbly, adorable wife of one of the men.
In other pilot news from our sister site Deadline:
• Greek‘s Amber Stevens is CW-bound in Joey Dakota, the netlet’s romantic-time-travel-musical drama. The actress will play Maya, a documentary filmmaker who travels back in time and falls in love with the subject of her film. Upon returning to present day, she must find her way back to the past to reunite with her rock star love and prevent his untimely death. Leah Renee (The Playboy Club) will co-star.
• Showtime’s Ray Donovan — which stars Liev Schreiber (Scream) as a professional trouble-shooter who is regularly called upon to solve the complicated, confidential and controversial problems of L.A.’s elite — has added Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!), Kerris Dorsey (Brothers & Sisters) and Ambyr Childers (All My Children). Schaech joins as a movie star with ties to Ray’s past, while Childers will play an actress under the fixer’s protection. Dorsey, meanwhile, has landed the role of Ray’s daughter. Jon Voight, Paula Malcomson, Elliott Gould and Kate Moennig are also set to co-star.
• Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect/Popular) has been cast opposite Reba McEntire in ABC’s Malibu Country. She’ll play Reba’s too-huggy, too-touchy, trophy wife new neighbor.
• Goldie Hawn has exited her starring role in HBO’s Darren Star-produced Viagra Diaries, which centers on a middle-aged woman who struggles with being single for the first time in 35 years.
• Paul Blackthorne (The River) will co-star on The CW’s Arrow as the father of Katie Cassidy’s Laurel and a gruff detective who has his sights set on bringing down the vigilante known as The Green Arrow. Law & Order: Criminal Intent‘s Jamey Sheridan has also been tapped to appear in the pilot as titular character’s father.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?