Survivor: One World: What Was This Week's Best Moment? Take Our Poll!

matt quinlan survivorSo many wretched contestants, so many dreadful decisions. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the first three episodes of Survivor: One World. That said, this week’s installment delivered a few glimmers of, well, if not actual hope, at least something not entirely aggravating.

* After having to go to the men’s camp and beg for a few minutes in front of their fire, the scatterbrained women’s tribe finally pulled it together in a memory-game reward challenge and crushed the men 5-0. (Bonus: Kat and Troyzan going seven rounds before one of ‘em got it right. Priceless!)

* The women rallying from an enormous defecit during the immunity challenge — which found one team member playing caller to three pairs of bound tribemates, guiding them through an obstacle course to retrieve some puzzle pieces, then putting said puzzle together — to score a narrow and very thrilling victory. I’m not a huge fan of any of these ladies, but I’ll admit to pumping my fist a little when they won. Hey, it keeps the game interesting. Plus, the guys are equally deplorable.

* Probst telling Colton it was a “reverse ‘duh’ double-dare on you” when he called out the lone gay member of Manono for acting as if his alliance with the competing tribe of women was perfectly solid game strategy.

* Matt (pictured) blathering to Troyzan about being one of the “roosters” of the men’s tribe, and talking about creating a “new reality,” then getting the smug wiped right off his face after he got blindsided by Colton, Tarzan, and the alliance of misfits. I loved Tarzan asking Probst if he could hear the rest of the votes after our MVP host stopped the tally with the snuffing of Matt’s torch. (Spoiler alert: Probst said no.)

What was your favorite movement from this week’s Survivor: One World? Take our poll below! And then expand on your thoughts — or offer additional options — down in the comments!

1. Rolfe says:

What about when Tarzan asked Probst to read the final votes. Colton’s reply and Jeff’s face was hilarious!

2. Mark says:

God, I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a Survivor as much as I absolutely hate Colton. He is the absolute worst. Can’t stand his racist comments. Can’t stand his comments that are supposed to be funny like against Taylor Swift. Just can’t stand him at all. God I wish he didn’t have the Idol. Kudos to Jay though to seeing where the tides were and being smart enough to maybe jump ships. Maybe he’s not all good looks (And he’s extremely good looking. GORGEOUS).

3. Nik says:

I cosign all your points Slezak, but I have to add: I REALLY can’t stand Colton and I hope he gets eliminated before the Final 3. He seems to be one of those self-loathing gay guys who lacks self awareness especially in terms of how his sexuality is perceived by others. I mean, he’s clearly not athletic but he lists himself as “athletic” in his bio. And last week he said, “the girls will love me and the guys won’t know what to make of me.” Um…no dude, the guys know you’re a big flaming mo, and they’re fine with it. Nothing wrong with that at all mind you, but he seems to be one of those sad gay guys who considers himself “masculine” or “neutral” when he’s really actually very effeminate. I wonder if watching himself back in these episodes/hearing his own voice will be life-altering for him?

Also, he’s one of those annoying super-fans (“save those questions for me” blech!) who spends more time talking about what awesome players they are rather than, you know, playing awesomely. The worst of it is that other people (including Jeff Probst) perpetuate that false narrative (think Todd in China).

Finally, Colton revealed himself to be a racist in this episode — “You’re just ghetto trash, that’s all you are/I don’t believe in hand-outs” — which, since he’s a gay REPUBLICAN isn’t that surprising I guess.

4. Sean says:

My Random Thoughts:

Once the puzzle portion started, Bill struggled, even though his teammates were helping him solve the puzzle by teling him where to put the pieces (except for Leif, who appeared to be just looking at his shoes. Here’s my question: why even specify that the caller has to be the one to solvethe puzzle if the others can help? This was just like the Ozzy vs. Coach puzzle from last season, when Ozzy and Coach were just doing what their Tribes were yelling at them.

My favourite moment of the episode: when Matt walked into the Land of Misfits and bluntly asked them, “Is my presence destroying the strategy talk?” Before he is even finished asking, Colton answers “Noooooo!” like it’s the craziest thing he’s ever heard…and Greg honestly says to Matt, “Yes it is, at the moment.” The look on Colton’s face was priceless: I’m so busted.

Click my name if you’d like to read the rest of my recap.

5. Spencer says:

The funniest thing was when Colton said he was a Republican.

6. Jordan says:

I hope the guys keeps losing and keep picking off the bro alliance… some of the most arrogant dudes in the show’s history.

7. jake says:

I HATE COLTON SO MUCH, that i think that i don’t want to put myself through the torture of watching him. He gives a bad representation to all gay guys all around the world.

8. DC says:

Colton is giving gay men a very bad name. He is the epitomy of the gay sterotype with racism and reverse predjudice mixed in.

9. Jo says:

CBS should have a special where Colton is stoned to death live. I’d watch!

10. Alex says:

I hope Colton enjoys being a republican when President Santorum tosses him in a concentration camp.

11. G says:

Can’t stand Colton either, and was quite pleased when Probst dissed him with the duh double dare. However, I was even happier to see that arrogant jerk Matt get voted off. Now if we can also get rid of the equally annoying Alicia from the female tribe.

12. Brenda Carter says:

I have been a huge fan of Survivor since the first episode. After seeing what happened on the show tonight with Colton and the other members of his tribe (including Mr. Probst) I may never watch it again. Racism is alive and well: Shame on you for letting this happen.